TLOUS it's a bugy mess!!

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Pelon208 (3361 posts) -

I was playing the game for like 2 hours but when i reach the 3 cut-scene the game just wont work anymore, it even blocks the PS3, I restart the game 3 times now and the same thing happens, I deleted all the files of the game, it worked for like 30 min more and then the same thing happens.

I can't believe ND release this buggy piece of S*** and this is coming for someone that has plat trophy's for all the uncharted games!! 

#2 Posted by NexApex (225 posts) -

I just finished the game about 12 hours ago with out one glitch from start to finish. 18 Hours of game play.... definitely not the game, maybe the disc or update corruption?

#3 Posted by Pelon208 (3361 posts) -

I just finished the game about 12 hours ago with out one glitch from start to finish. 18 Hours of game play.... definitely not the game, maybe the disc or update corruption?

NexApex

I just reinstall the game data 4 times!! and Its the PSN version! 

#4 Posted by badlalo59 (901 posts) -

NexApex

This^^ I finished it in 19hrs ...Not 1 problem. All I can say is hang in there bro DON"T trade it in. Be patient. It's a game worth keeping but I hope it was your cup of tea in the 1st place. Otherwise if you feel it's not worth your time an effort ...well...

#5 Posted by CommanderShiro (21746 posts) -

Never encountered a glitch like that. Sorry something like this is preventing you from enjoying the game. 

#6 Posted by Pelon208 (3361 posts) -

Well looks like Im not the only one

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Technical-Questions/Is-Naughty-Dog-even-working-on-a-patch/m-p/40738463#U40738463

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Technical-Questions/Loading-screen-issues-PS3-freezes/td-p/40651905/page/2

What I don't like about this is that ND it's not giving any response about this, not in tweeter or email or nothing, they just don't want to give any kind of answer about this.

So Sad, because ND was my favorite developer before all this crap. 

#7 Posted by Nengo_Flow (10644 posts) -
i didnt have no issues at all. TLoU is actually one of the smoothest and flawless running games I've played this gen. Everything ran great no hiccups, no sound hiccups, no glitches, no loading problems, no cutscene problem, no characters getting stuck or doing funky stuff. Everything was perfect in the performance department. I got the disk version, not PSN version
#8 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18452 posts) -
8 hours in and 0 glitches.
#9 Posted by MethodManFTW (26516 posts) -
2 hours into mp, one run through the campaign, zero glitches so far. im playing psn version too
#10 Posted by CRUSHER88 (2037 posts) -
8 hours SP and 5 hours MP with zero problems.
#11 Posted by blueboxdoctor (2549 posts) -

I too have experienced some major glitches/bugs.  First time I played the game the cutscenes wouldn't work.  One just froze and bumped me past it and another went black but the audio kept playing.  I looked it up online and it also seems to have been an issue with Uncharted 3, and people suggested clearing space on the hard drive.  I did that and it has been running smoother (idk why that helps, but it seems it may have helped me).  But yeah, I expected better quality from Naughty Dog.

Side note, I'm not quite sure how people have spent 18 hours in the game, I'm 75% and just under 9 hours in on normal mode (will likely go again on survival just to check it out).

#12 Posted by DaRq_MiNoS (602 posts) -

I'm on my second playthrough (NG+). I only experienced one bug on the first playthrough where I could see through a wall for like a minute. No biggy.

#13 Posted by Chaos_Bladez (5801 posts) -
Yeah it's a buggy piece of crap because YOU are having issues with it. I have played over 28 hours of the game and I haven't had any problems.
#14 Posted by Legolas_Katarn (15556 posts) -

From my blog about the game

I ran into quite a few bugs and glitches when it came to stealth, hit detection, spawns, trophies, sound, autosaving, and cutscenes. Sound from NPCs would cut off, two of the cutscenes kept going black for a few seconds, I had to beat the epilogue six or seven times for my finishing the game trophies to unlock, I still didn't get most of the collectible trophies to unlock, during fights I would punch and swing through enemies doing no damage and then take hits because of it (melee combat is like a bad Uncharted in a setting that really shouldn't feel like Uncharted at all), I had enemies spawn in front of me twice, I had an autosave lose me half an hour of progress when I quit and reloaded later, I had enemies completely ignore me even if I was running right behind them, etc.

#15 Posted by Metaw (387 posts) -

I only had some issues the first time I played, but I fixed it all by turning off the backround downloading that was going on. It was really slowing down my ps3.

#16 Posted by sukraj (27859 posts) -

One hour in and have not had any problems.

#17 Posted by wwefanforlife (3248 posts) -

I've played TLOUS for 30 hours in total playing the campaign and the multiplayer and the only 2 issues I had were in the campaign where the game froze on me only once and Tommy got stuck in a wall.

#18 Posted by CommanderShiro (21746 posts) -

Side note, I'm not quite sure how people have spent 18 hours in the game, I'm 75% and just under 9 hours in on normal mode (will likely go again on survival just to check it out).

blueboxdoctor

Well for me, during my playthrough I would spend a lot of  time wandering and looking at the environments. Trying to find collectibles, easter eggs, and hidden conversations without using a guide. Also, I had a tendency to experiment with getting through certain areas. 

#19 Posted by Pelon208 (3361 posts) -

I too have experienced some major glitches/bugs.  First time I played the game the cutscenes wouldn't work.  One just froze and bumped me past it and another went black but the audio kept playing.  I looked it up online and it also seems to have been an issue with Uncharted 3, and people suggested clearing space on the hard drive.  I did that and it has been running smoother (idk why that helps, but it seems it may have helped me).  But yeah, I expected better quality from Naughty Dog.

blueboxdoctor

I'm going to trie this for sure, I really want to play this game damit! 

#20 Posted by blueboxdoctor (2549 posts) -

[QUOTE="blueboxdoctor"]

CommanderShiro

Well for me, during my playthrough I would spend a lot of  time wandering and looking at the environments. Trying to find collectibles, easter eggs, and hidden conversations without using a guide. Also, I had a tendency to experiment with getting through certain areas. 

I'll likely do that on a 2nd play through and bump up the difficulty some, as the AI on normal mode is kind of poor (making experimentation not as useful).  But I must say, the game has been getting better as it is progressing, so maybe I just wasn't in the mood to play it in the beginning.  But I definitely sense a 2nd play through, I feel like I missed some conversation moments with Ellie.

#21 Posted by Mrmedia01 (1917 posts) -

I ran into one Glitch while playing when I was in the sewer jumping on some pipes. Other than that glitch free amazing game.

#22 Posted by Pelon208 (3361 posts) -

Ok I just deleted 15GB of dato of my PS3 tried the game and nothing the game doesn't load al all, then I started a new game on my last chapter "outside" and suddenly the game didn't load any enemies and then I just felt off the ground and died (out of the game area) and the game it's not f*** loading again WTF why myyy

#23 Posted by blueboxdoctor (2549 posts) -

[QUOTE="blueboxdoctor"]

Pelon208

Just a heads up.  I'm now 9 hours in and got to a cutscene which will not play the dialogue.  It's like Naughty Dog and/or Sony didn't even bother checking this game and were more interested in just finally getting it out with enough time before the PS4 release.

#24 Posted by Pelon208 (3361 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pelon208"]

[QUOTE="blueboxdoctor"]

blueboxdoctor

Just a heads up.  I'm now 9 hours in and got to a cutscene which will not play the dialogue.  It's like Naughty Dog and/or Sony didn't even bother checking this game and were more interested in just finally getting it out with enough time before the PS4 release.

I totally agree with you! This is bull sh** I'm really pissed off 

#25 Posted by cooldust (3283 posts) -
Had a few freezes and got hit with the infamous save bug but after that its been flawless. :)
#26 Posted by 2Chalupas (7100 posts) -

Hadn't really seen anything bad, 1 AI that was "frozen" in place - even though I stood right in front of him daring him to shoot me.

However just now I came across one of the weirdest glitches ever, which made me think of this thread. I was at one of the spots where Ellie drops a ladder down to Joel, and I guess since I was standing right under it it "glitched" and my Joel character got shot straight up in the air out of the map. I actually looked like i was floating in outer space before I died LOL. I've had several games do this to me before where it shoots me out of the map or I fall through the bottom of the map (Rage comes to mind, if you fall off the bottom of the elevator you go through the bottom of the map). However this one was one of the funniest ones, I wish I had a replay of it because it had the rag-doll effect of Joel floating in outer space.

Overall though I wouldn't say it's a gitchy mess since I've only seen these 2 minor bugs so far - and I'm pretty sure I'm almost at the end.

#27 Posted by mbrockway (3560 posts) -
The game wouldn't even start for me when I first got it. It would freeze when it said there was an update. I had to disconnect from PSN to disable the update check, start the game, then do the patch.
#28 Posted by Pelon208 (3361 posts) -

I'm real desperate now, ND can't give me an answer about my problem, and they refuse to answer on their  own forum. 

I'm formating my PS3 right now, let's see if that works 

#29 Posted by Pelon208 (3361 posts) -

It took 9 freaking hours to format my PS3, and it didn't f**** worked.

I can't get trough the "Outside" chapter, I been a gamer for 20 years now and this is the first time in my live that I can't play a game because of its technical problems.

This is bull s*** ND. 

#30 Posted by 23Jarek23 (2647 posts) -

Played through the game 2 times and not a single glitch, with the patch, played offline. Might be something with the Downloaded version of the game, or perhaps but hopefully not your ps3. 

When you download a full game does it also install the patch right away? or is it like it is when it's disk based and installs once you boot up the game. If you can, play offline, without the patch. Just play offline in general even if you have the patch, people who have been having issues have been playing online, those who haven't been playing online are reporting a smooth ride. I still think it's an issue with their servers, the game autosaves every damn 2 minutes.

#31 Posted by Pelon208 (3361 posts) -

Played through the game 2 times and not a single glitch, with the patch, played offline. Might be something with the Downloaded version of the game, or perhaps but hopefully not your ps3. 

When you download a full game does it also install the patch right away? or is it like it is when it's disk based and installs once you boot up the game. If you can, play offline, without the patch. Just play offline in general even if you have the patch, people who have been having issues have been playing online, those who haven't been playing online are reporting a smooth ride. I still think it's an issue with their servers, the game autosaves every damn 2 minutes.

23Jarek23

I bought this weekend the Blu-Ray version and the same happened.

I'm going to connect my old fat 60GB PS3, hope that one workes. 

I really want to play this game!!!! 

#32 Posted by getyeryayasout (12393 posts) -
I'm less than halfway through the game and have run into a couple glitches. Fell through the ground and dropped to my death once, that was weird. Worse yet my Slim is having a hard time reading the disc since it's dual layered and my Slim's BR diode seems to be dying.
#33 Posted by 23Jarek23 (2647 posts) -

[QUOTE="23Jarek23"]

Pelon208

I bought this weekend the Blu-Ray version and the same happened.

I'm going to connect my old fat 60GB PS3, hope that one workes. 

I really want to play this game!!!! 

Give it a try, but don't play for long sittings, there's a thread on neogaf and people are saying the game is making their fat ps3's overheat and in some cases brick. 

If it does work though, you'll know theres something wrong with your slim. 

#34 Posted by CTR360 (8719 posts) -
5 hours and 0 glitches
#35 Posted by sukraj (27859 posts) -

Not run into any glitches.

#36 Posted by withe1982 (450 posts) -

Completed the game once and half way through a second playthrough (plus 5h of multiplayer) and had the following glitches:

• One cutscene was devoid of sound entirely (came back on right after it)
  • twice when killing a hunter his body would fly in the air (slightly immersion breaking)
  • multiplayer has frozen 3 times and had to restart my PS3

So all in all 6 'glitches' in 31h of playtime. Wish all games were this glitchy. i'd be more than happy.

Sucks for the OP. Would be very pissed of if I was having the same problem but sounds like it may be hardware related.

#37 Posted by The_Wii_Lover (303 posts) -

In the part before the entetring the Hotel, the cutscene where Joel and Elle watch the the Hunters using the plank to get across the water didn't load for me, i was oblivious to this notion and so i continued my way scaveging and trying to find a way to get across the drop. Couple of minutes later i found the ramp that Elle's supposed to get onto so she could go across the pond but she didn't she just sat there staring at nothing. Frustrated, i restarted the game and load up an earlier save - the fight before the hotel - and the cutscene loaded fine and Elle maneged to get onto the ramp. So yeah the game is pretty glitchy which is wierd for a Naughty Dog game, but its also amazing 

#38 Posted by 23Jarek23 (2647 posts) -

• One cutscene was devoid of sound entirely (came back on right after it)

withe1982

If you're talking about the one just after the part with David, then it's supposed to be like that. 

#39 Posted by Gargus (2147 posts) -

Ive put over 10 hours into the game and not had a single glitch at all so far.

#40 Posted by Doolz2024 (9623 posts) -
Never had a problem in my 17 hour playthrough.
#41 Posted by SuperLegends (25 posts) -
8 hours in and I haven't experienced no bugs...
#42 Posted by sukraj (27859 posts) -

8 hours in and I haven't experienced no bugs...SuperLegends

i'm 1 hour in and i haven't come across any bugs.

#44 Posted by sukraj (27859 posts) -

Thanks for reading       adriekoch7

No problem mate.

#45 Posted by skipper847 (7329 posts) -

Ive just bought it this morning but not installing it until tomorrow night just incase that the update fix not been updated yet for the PS3 it self as ive not updated when the last update bricked a couple of machines. So just in case im not updating or installing anything until i no its OK :D

#46 Posted by Venom_Raptor (6959 posts) -

No it's not!!

#47 Posted by Pelon208 (3361 posts) -

No it's not!!

Venom_Raptor

You should read the entire thread 

#48 Posted by Venom_Raptor (6959 posts) -

[QUOTE="Venom_Raptor"]

No it's not!!

Pelon208

I don't have time to waste

#49 Posted by Pelon208 (3361 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pelon208"]

[QUOTE="Venom_Raptor"]

No it's not!!

Venom_Raptor

I don't have time to waste

Then why enter and write this? 

#50 Posted by MondasM (1774 posts) -
i have also bought the game from psn as a preorder and installed it without any problems, first play through took me about 20 hours (maybe i shouldn't have started the game with the hard difficulty, died 106 times :)) and i did not encounter any problems, my ps3 didn't freeze, no glitches whatsoever... btw i had replaced the hdd in my ps3 slim with an ssd and due to automatic update firmware 4.45 was also installed, contrary to what i have read here the update did not brick my ps3 (i had read that if you had replaced the hdd, the update would brick your system)...