deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2020-06-21-the-last-of-us-part-2-smashes-sales-records-uk-charts

Seems the negativity is from a minority, probably be a global smash.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#2 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Physical sales only apparently.

bragr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 bragr
Member since 2017 • 76 Posts

It's gonna be the biggest PS4 exclusive, don't think it's gonna get up to the biggest Switch exclusives, but it looks like it's gonna topple Spider-Man.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7314 Posts

@Random_Matt: Yeah, 99.9% of the world has no idea there was some kind of controversy surrounding this game. It's all confined to some forums and YouTube channels. Kinda like The Last Jedi.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Still garbage.

realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 realistic44
Member since 2008 • 8458 Posts

@Sevenizz said:

Still garbage.

I wouldn't say garbage but it most definitely didn't live up to expectations.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@Sevenizz: Your trolling post are garbage, I'll agree with that.

HankMulder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 HankMulder
Member since 2020 • 203 Posts

@Sevenizz said:

Still garbage.

I like well constructed criticism of the game. Game is far from perfect, story is far from being on par as in TLOU but call it garbage i just hating on it for some unknown reason.
I've yet to encounter a person who can argument their hate. We're talking about hate here aren't we? Not disliking the game but all around hate.

kriggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 kriggy
Member since 2008 • 1314 Posts

I think what made me irritated about the story was that they tried soooo hard to make me care about Abby. During 99% of the game I just wanted her dead and I had to play as her for hours, that was torture. And then finally at the beach of Santa Barbara when you see her truly vulnerable for the first time, that's when I started to care about her and think "Yeah it's not worth killing her anymore despite the troubles Ellie has gone through, she has suffered enough". But the reason I cared about her was that she was a person in need, not because she all of a sudden has changed in to a respectful individual.

I didn't like Mel either but the final words she told Abby pretty much sums up who Abby actually is. However, there was a small character progression for Abby which was for the better though. I'll have to give her that! But I still think of Abby as a piece of doo-doo.

And yes I know that the story is trying to say that revenge and violence is never the answer, that's why things ended the way they did for Ellie and Abby or even Ellie and Dina. But I still find Abby's intentions dishonourable or whatever you'd call it... I mean going on a revenge spree because of a father who was about to kill a kid to MAYBE find a cure. I mean just because you're a surgeon doesn't mean you actually will succeed in all of your experiments. I have a really hard time justifying Abby's revenge and therefore looking at her as an equal of Ellie. But perhaps that's just my feelings playing tricks on me...

HankMulder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 HankMulder
Member since 2020 • 203 Posts

Seems my whole post will be spoiler tagged.

I don't actually agree game tries so hard or manipulates you into trying to like Abby. I started the game (playing with gf watching who's a huge fan of TLOU) hating Abby and just wanted to see her dead. Ellie still hearing Joel dying when she closes her eyes made me do excuse Ellie for everything she dead. Even beating the information out of Nora in I'm sure a horrific way.

When tables turned and I started playing with Abby, I wasn't hating it but was actually interested to see the mind of person who killed Joel. I wasn't ready to pardon her or like her. I just wanted to see into her mindset (Mindhunter or Criminal Mind series are popular are they not?)

I didn't know what made Abby hunt Joel and kill him in that way, was thinking same as Ellie most of the time with my doubts. It has to have some connection with Ellie being the cure. But seeing how Abby lost her father and how that haunts her for YEARS, having nightmares, running through that hospital hallway every time...

It still didn't make me pardon her. But then seeing human side of her as her story progressed. During the final confrontation on Santa Barbara beach gf was crying. I asked her why is she crying and she said ''I don't want any of them to die''

Both Ellie and Abby were consumed and destroyed by their lust for revenge and lost everyone they cared for. Both are flawed human beings but aren't we all flawed?

kriggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 kriggy
Member since 2008 • 1314 Posts

@hankmulder:Totally agree, the story would've not been the same without the inclusion of Abby's perspective! And retrospectively I really like the story, even though I was frustrated for such a large portion of it.

And if it's any of consolation for an Ellie-fan as myself, I think Abby lost more due to her quest for revenge. She might gain new friends among the Fireflies, but I see no reason why Ellie shouldn't be able to do the same in Jackson.

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

And then Ghost of Tsushima came along....