Time for a Fighting game...? (Blazblue maybe...?)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

XxAnubisxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 XxAnubisxX
Member since 2003 • 4978 Posts

Last fighting game I played constantly was Tekken Tag Tourney on the PS2... and before that it was soul calibur... I loved Soul Calibur on the dreamcast and kept quite busy with it I guess because of all the characters and value of the game, it never seemed to be cheap playing against the computer and was a lot of fun. Now that Blazblue is getting tons of great reviews I'm considering maybe trying the genre again since its been years since I've played a fighter...

I heard it has online but hopefully I'm up to par online... can anyone tell me how online works and if the fights are balanced out as far as your skill level? Never played a 2D fighter such as this... anyone have any advice...? Thanks in Advance... any advice will be appreciated!

360hammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 360hammer
Member since 2009 • 2596 Posts

Havn't played online alot due to being horrible at it LOL.

Player or Ranked matches, quick match 1 vs 1 or custom where their are lobbies of 4. You can spectate, save replays. I'm not big into fighting games so probibly why I'm no good LOL, but this game is really impressive IMO. The art is fantastic very smooth and responsive.

I'm not sure about the skill level thing, I want to say it does if you go to quick match but I could be way off on that as I've only played 3 matchs online. Has story mode for each character, training (lots of options), Versus, Score Attack, Arcade Mode.

XxAnubisxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 XxAnubisxX

Uh oh... well hopefully I can learn how to play and fair up to the challenge online... have you been able to? BTW does anyone know if gamestop should be open tomorrow on the 4th or no? Cuz I may go check it out tomorrow, which I guess is today now...

360hammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 360hammer

Havn't had alot of time with it. Cleared story with 1 character and Arcade mode with 1 character. As far as online well that's a problem with me LOL not so much the game's learning curve LOL.

XxAnubisxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 XxAnubisxX

Havn't had alot of time with it. Cleared story with 1 character and Arcade mode with 1 character. As far as online well that's a problem with me LOL not so much the game's learning curve LOL.

360hammer

ohhh okay... so from everything I've heard it sounds like there is a lot to offer as far as stuff to do in the game right? can you actually see it lasting for some time? And if there are any trophies, are they feasable for people say you and me to get... of course I know some will be extremely difficult I bet.... that is if there are any trophies in the first place but anyways you catch my drift...?

360hammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 360hammer

LOL ya, there is a nice varity of trophies. You get one for fighting your first player match, first ranked match, (forgot to add win or loose) and watching the opening (story mode I believe). I'd say it has alot of substance compared to other fighting games.

XxAnubisxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 XxAnubisxX

LOL ya, there is a nice varity of trophies. You get one for fighting your first player match, first ranked match, (forgot to add win or loose) and watching the opening (story mode I believe). I'd say it has alot of substance compared to other fighting games.

360hammer

Hrm okay... man well it sounds cool and all... I'll probably end up trying to get it tomorrow then... if gamestop is going to be open... which I still need to find that out... if anyone knows... lol... ugh man I just bought prototype and beat it so i'm trading that in... game really REALLY started pissing me off... with so many moves and things to do I easily get frustrated when the enviornment or character don't do what I want them too... besides I beat it in 10 hours so not really interested in playing it anymore

eo_the_shaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 eo_the_shaman
Member since 2009 • 1800 Posts

blazblue is really the only fighting game i play, i got SF 4 and i rly dont like to play it...but i do really suck at it so playing online is fun but getting my ass handed to me everytime by jin kisagri is kinda annoying XD and their trophies are funny lol i got one words really do hurt.... your opponent gets 5000 points ahead of you then taunts you XD made me laugh when i got it

XxAnubisxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 XxAnubisxX

blazblue is really the only fighting game i play, i got SF 4 and i rly dont like to play it...but i do really suck at it so playing online is fun but getting my ass handed to me everytime by jin kisagri is kinda annoying XD and their trophies are funny lol i got one words really do hurt.... your opponent gets 5000 points ahead of you then taunts you XD made me laugh when i got it

eo_the_shaman

oh... that sucks... I don't wanna get worked online...

Vyse_Legends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Vyse_Legends
Member since 2007 • 9387 Posts

Blazblue! *gives big thumbs up*:D

The trophy names are also awesome.:P

XxAnubisxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 XxAnubisxX

Well, thanks all you guys I bought the game and I'm totally loving it... seems to be plenty to do before I get to the online... hopefully by then I'll be up to par... till then Its practice and getting through the stories of the characters which have me very confused... especially jin... hopefully It all gets explained eventually...

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

It looks great. But I just wonder if it's "broken" though. Because I can't help but see this "Guilty Gear-esque" to the characters and wonder if the game is a Guilty Gear copy or not.

How does it play like? SF? KOF?

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

Nobody?:P

360hammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 360hammer

Nobody?:P

Denji

Well I'm not sure how to compare this, I do believe I read where the characters were hand drawn and the fighting moves are not your typical punch kick. The animations are smooth and controls seem very responsive. If your having doubts just try and find some gameplay vids which shouldn't be too hard to find. I'm not a huge fighting fan so I honestly don't know how to go about comparing this. I never really played Guilty Gear but I do believe it's done by the same people. I really don't think this game is a copy of anything to be honest.

jt4mtb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jt4mtb
Member since 2003 • 2352 Posts
[QUOTE="Denji"]

It looks great. But I just wonder if it's "broken" though. Because I can't help but see this "Guilty Gear-esque" to the characters and wonder if the game is a Guilty Gear copy or not.

How does it play like? SF? KOF?

Well, neither. It's very very similar to Guilty Gear than anything. Nearly every mechanic that was in the last major revision of GGXX (Accent Core) has a similar/equivalent mechanic in Blazblue (Roman Cancels/Rapid Cancels, Faultless Defense/Barrier, Dead Angle Attacks/Counter Assault, etc). The gameplay is still pretty fast; maybe not quite GG speed, but certainly faster than SF and a bit faster than KOF. One thing I will say is that BB certainly has the best online netcode I've ever played in a fighter. I've got around 2-3 dozen matches so far, and not even a hint of lag yet.
eo_the_shaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 eo_the_shaman
Member since 2009 • 1800 Posts

i sometimes feel the game doesnt respond to the moves i tell it to do :( i can never do Bang's hidden jutsu or his steel rain

Blackjaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Blackjaw
Member since 2003 • 241 Posts

My vote is for Street Fighter 4 for 2d or perhaps Virtua Fighter 5 if you are looking for a 3d game.

jt4mtb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jt4mtb
Member since 2003 • 2352 Posts

i sometimes feel the game doesnt respond to the moves i tell it to do :( i can never do Bang's hidden jutsu or his steel rain

eo_the_shaman
Hmm. I can't say I've ever felt that. The only moves I ever have issues pulling off are Tager's command throws that involve 360/720 rotations.
Vyse_Legends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Vyse_Legends
Member since 2007 • 9387 Posts

[QUOTE="eo_the_shaman"]

jt4mtb

Hmm. I can't say I've ever felt that. The only moves I ever have issues pulling off are Tager's command throws that involve 360/720 rotations.

Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang!:lol:

Sorry I just had to do it.:P