Thoughts on Ni No Kuni

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

After playing the Ni No Kuni demo, I must say that this is game is a must buy. The game kind of like a Namco RPG. You can switch between Oliver and one of the little monsters on the fly. Battles are fought in real time, and the player can move the camera around in order to get better view of what is happening during the fight. Physical attacking seems to be more of the monsters forte than Oliver's. On the flip side, Oliver's magic does come in handy during boss fights. If the player uses the "defend" command during one of the boss's big moves, then he will gain an opportunity later on to do some serious damage.

There are two different sections in the demo. One takes place in a forest while another takes place at a volcano location. The volcano location has hazards that players need to watch out for as they keep moving forward. The only thing iffy about the game is that players need to pay currency in order to continue should they end up dying during battle. Other than that, the game seems top notch, and there is no reason for any RPG fan not to pick this game up.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#2 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

After playing the Ni No Kuni demo, I must say that this is game is a must buy. The game kind of like a Namco RPG. You can switch between Oliver and one of the little monsters on the fly. Battles are fought in real time, and the player can move the camera around in order to get better view of what is happening during the fight. Physical attacking seems to be more of the monsters forte than Oliver's. On the flip side, Oliver's magic does come in handy during boss fights. If the player uses the "defend" command during one of the boss's big moves, then he will gain an opportunity later on to do some serious damage.

There are two different sections in the demo. One takes place in a forest while another takes place at a volcano location. The volcano location has hazards that players need to watch out for as they keep moving forward. The only thing iffy about the game is that players need to pay currency in order to continue should they end up dying during battle. Other than that, the game seems top notch, and there is no reason for any RPG fan not to pick this game up.

gamenerd15

I'll have to try the demo.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
havnt played a jrpg in ages... looks great..and level 5. will get
danjin44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 danjin44
Member since 2011 • 333 Posts
I love it, both visual and the battle system, I personally looking forward to this game more than any other games that coming in 2013.
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

I'm extremely exited for Ni No Kuni, I won't be able to try the demo out until tomorrow however I had been keeping my eye on the game development and progression for few months now. It had been some time before I have been anticipating well done quality JRPG and It's definitely a first day purchase for me and that alone says a lot. I very rarely spend 60$ on a game, maybe 2-3 in a year.

I guess the only downside to the demo this early is the dreadful wait time until early next year before the actual game is released.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gamenerd15

[QUOTE="gamenerd15"]

ristactionjakso

You should definitely try the game out. You and I have not seen eye to eye, but this title we both can agree on. Sorry for the hard time.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

It's in my download queue. Mass Effect is still downloading. Only 40% completed after nearly 2 hours...

nick36001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nick36001
Member since 2012 • 96 Posts

downloading as i type i cant wait to play it=)

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#9 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

[QUOTE="ristactionjakso"]

[QUOTE="gamenerd15"]

gamenerd15

You should definitely try the game out. You and I have not seen eye to eye, but this title we both can agree on. Sorry for the hard time.

lol, who are you again? I dont remember u givin me a hard time lol.

nick36001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 nick36001
Member since 2012 • 96 Posts

just finished both. from what i heard the english voices arent to bad. a little more a tutorial would have helped but i figued out the controls. Im def pre ordering the game soon.

Apocalypse324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 Apocalypse324
Member since 2007 • 1486 Posts

last time I was really excited for a game to be released was the Souls games...Im feeling the same way about this

TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

do you control only Oliver? I thought you can switch form Oliver and his little companion but also to any other character and their companions ... ?

Oldgun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Oldgun
Member since 2009 • 391 Posts

I didn't know Demo's already up, it sure is a must buy for me when it releases !!

Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts

I'm looking forward to try it, although I'm kind of sad that it's a real time battle system. I really miss turn based systems. For those that have played the demo, could you tell me if it has atrociously childish dialogue like Eternal Sonata or Tales of Vesperia? That crap just gtrates on my nerves anymore.

JogsterXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JogsterXL
Member since 2010 • 298 Posts
I'm very excited for it, can't wait for it to come out so I can pick it up.
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gamenerd15

do you control only Oliver? I thought you can switch form Oliver and his little companion but also to any other character and their companions ... ?

TheTenth10

You can control Oliver and the demon's during battle, but only oliver during exploration.

porkchopxp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 porkchopxp
Member since 2004 • 1181 Posts

The game is charming. One minor, personal quibble: It's 2012, let's splurge for full voice acting please. Even bad localizing is better than that annoying clicking as the text rolls out during conversations. Other than that, it's a winner!!

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Ok, this game is awesome. Battle system is neat, and it has the Studio Ghibli charm.

Nophoria88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 Nophoria88
Member since 2010 • 410 Posts

The game is charming. One minor, personal quibble: It's 2012, let's splurge for full voice acting please. Even bad localizing is better than that annoying clicking as the text rolls out during conversations. Other than that, it's a winner!!

porkchopxp

My thoughts exactly lol.

I'm looking forward to try it, although I'm kind of sad that it's a real time battle system. I really miss turn based systems. For those that have played the demo, could you tell me if it has atrociously childish dialogue like Eternal Sonata or Tales of Vesperia? That crap just gtrates on my nerves anymore.

Canvas_Of_Flesh

Um, don't really remember much on that account but you are playing a little boy.. soo. Though the his little companion was funny when you talk to him in the forest he comments on him being underage and unable to do some stuff in the world.

Actually, it's pretty much exactly what you'd see in a Studio Ghibli film.

TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

[QUOTE="TheTenth10"]

gamenerd15

You can control Oliver and the demon's during battle, but only oliver during exploration.

but I saw other humans with Oliver and each with a little companion, can you switch to the other characters AND their little companions (I know there's a word for them but can't find it)?

Solid_Link22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Solid_Link22
Member since 2006 • 5698 Posts

I loved the demo and will definately be getting this game on day 1. I really like the score Level 5 has gone witt as they did with Dragon Quest 8 :)

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
day one purhase for me i cant wait