Thoughts on Catherine?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by AdamPA1006 (6422 posts) -

Watched a few video reviews and it looks pretty sweet. My main question is how hard is it really? I see there is unlimited lives but also sometimes not unlimited? Also is does the story have a good ending Ive really been wanting that

#2 Posted by Reptylus (1875 posts) -
It is quite hard. Towards the end I doubt that you will finish the stages with your first try. Or the 5th try. The story has several ends - I'm sure there are bad ones among them. The one that I got was more on the happy side. If you like the genre it is a very good game. Since you're already interested, I'm sure you'll like it.
#3 Posted by Lucky_Krystal (1390 posts) -

Play it! It's one of the best games I've played this gen. Great story, great music, great gameplay and multiple endings (3 true endings, 3 good endings, two bad endings).

However there is a pretty steep learning curve, even if you start on the easiest difficulty. But you can activate very easy mode if even easy is too much. It takes a little time to learn the different techniques needed to clear stages. But its nothing too bad. On easy and even normal mode, you get more than enough retries. Once you're familiar with the mechanics and different techniques, it becomes easier. On my first playthrough, I played on easy, and I cleared the game in about 6-8 hours. Or somewhere around there.

I highly reccomend it.

#4 Posted by clr84651 (5629 posts) -

I'm married to her. Why are asking what people think about my wife?

#5 Posted by LoG-Sacrament (20397 posts) -

it's a good game. it just gets too worried about explaining everything. this isn't just with tutorials, but bosses represent fears of the main character and the game goes out of its way to tell you what they are. it would have been more disorienting if it was more like a dream and the player didn't know exactly what they were running from. that said, the game is an amusingly diabolical twist on block puzzles and worth trying.

as for the endings, there is a lot more than the token good and bad ending combination. on top of that, i think it's one of the few areas where the game isn't so obvious in that i wasn't completely sure what all the factors were in getting the outcome i got. it makes whatever ending you earn better.

#6 Posted by Legolas_Katarn (15556 posts) -

Watched a few video reviews and it looks pretty sweet. My main question is how hard is it really? I see there is unlimited lives but also sometimes not unlimited? Also is does the story have a good ending Ive really been wanting that

AdamPA1006
It's really easy on the easy or normal setting. During the gameplay you find extra lives and they give you more lives based on the difficulty setting, even on the normal setting you gain more lives then the one you lose if you die and the extra lives are put back when it resets.
#7 Posted by beanz777 (156 posts) -

I started playing it recently and it's pretty interesting. The story seems really cool but the gameplay isn't that fun for me, I'll go back to it eventually