This is very odd.....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bigmouthkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 0

#1 bigmouthkid
Member since 2006 • 3425 Posts

So I bought my Vita today(thank you college refunds) and I bought Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 with it. But I didn't have enough for a memory card(Gonna buy one tomorrow) and when I got to the title screen the game asked me if I wanted to create saved data and I meant to select no since I have no memory card for it but I accidently selected yes and the game created saved data for me. I double-check by exiting the game and re-entering again and my saved data was still there. Next I tried downloading the Vita Software update and it worked. It installed into the system and everything. So in my mind I was thinking "Hellz Yeah". Next I tried downloading Netflix off the PSstore onto my Vita but I couldn't do it because the system told me that I need a memory card. Now my question is how the hell am I able to save my UMvC3 data and download the update patch for it and also download the new system software but I can't download things off the PSstore?

marcl18123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 marcl18123
Member since 2006 • 2050 Posts
The cards the games come on have space reserved for games saves, and the vita has space reserved for system updates. U still need a memory card for game DLC, Demos and anything else off the PSstore.
Avatar image for ThePhenomenaIHP
ThePhenomenaIHP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ThePhenomenaIHP
Member since 2011 • 276 Posts

Although, not every game has room for saves in its own card. For example, Uncharted still needs a memory card to save. But, other than that it's pretty much like the above poster said.

GamejunkieUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GamejunkieUK
Member since 2012 • 332 Posts
Some games require a memory card to save and others don't. Those that do have a memory card symbol with the amount needed on the front of the game box. Marvel doesn't need one as it saves to the game cartridge. Games that require a memory card generally cannot be played at all unless you have because they typically require you create a save game file in the beginning which you can't unless you have one.