Thinking of buying a PS3 for X-mas

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for darkfireking905
darkfireking905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 darkfireking905
Member since 2005 • 91 Posts
Im thinking of buying a PS3 for christmas this year. I have a 360 and a Wii but dont rly use the Wii alot. I have a friend who would buy the Wii for a good price and im just wondering if a PS3 is really worth it.
mindfuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 mindfuel
Member since 2007 • 31 Posts
Well, if your friend is going to buy the Wii for a good price, I would say that getting a ps3 would be a pretty good idea. You would have a wide array of games to play already, and with the x-masa season coming, there will be lotsof new games to play. I would recommend it. If you are not planning to download a lot of things from the Online store, go with the 20G version. If you want to download a lot, 80G version is good.
abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 abdelmessih101
Member since 2007 • 5230 Posts

Definitely

Amazing PS3 Exclusives:

Resistance

Warhawk (I dislike it, but most people love it)

Heavenly Sword

Uncharted

Ratchent and Clank: Tools of Destruction

Killzone 2

Haze

Home (essentially, the Sims)

MGS4

Devil May Cry 4

God of War 3

Kingdom Hearts III (or whatever they call the sequel)

Resistance 2 (or whatever they call the sequel)

FFXII

You can't argue with that list; trust me, it's well worth the money

Plus, don't forget, online service is free

and backwards compatibility (hurry, the 60gb models w/ the best B/C are going fast)

Check out that sick Walmart deal: (60GB PS3; blu-ray remote controller; and your choice of one game from a list including Heavenly Sword, Warhawk, and Resistance; all for $500!!)

[I actually might be missing something - they might actually be including component cable or HDMI cables; not sure, so check up on that]

Anyway, bottom line, GET A PS3

Avatar image for HollisterGuy707
HollisterGuy707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 HollisterGuy707
Member since 2007 • 180 Posts
I am thinking about buying a playstation 3 for christmasalso but i heard the online gaming is not that good. Is that true? Are there plenty of people to play against and do many use microphones?
the_9th_wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 the_9th_wonder
Member since 2005 • 103 Posts

A couple months back, I would have said you were stepping on a six-hundred dollar landmine. But given that you'll be buying a PS3 right when you'll have a choice selection of games at your beck and call, then I say do it.

abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 abdelmessih101
Member since 2007 • 5230 Posts

I am thinking about buying a playstation 3 for christmasalso but i heard the online gaming is not that good. Is that true? Are there plenty of people to play against and do many use microphones?HollisterGuy707

From my experience, yes.

Avatar image for meluvulongtime8
meluvulongtime8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 14

#7 meluvulongtime8
Member since 2007 • 1428 Posts

I am thinking about buying a playstation 3 for christmasalso but i heard the online gaming is not that good. Is that true? Are there plenty of people to play against and do many use microphones?HollisterGuy707

It's definetly getting better. With people picking up Warhawk (bluetooth headset included), there are plenty of people on voice chat and plenty of people to play against. Anytime of the day I go on and find plenty of 32 player games that are mostly full. Warhawk just got an update that fixed false full games/stats/game drop freeze issues/etc... I think with some time that the online gaming will get even better (and it's free). I think that getting a PS3 for xmas is a great choice especially with the upcoming titles. I am especially looking forward to LittleBigPlanet which looks like a pretty sweet game. Personally I think that you should keep the Wii because you have Super Mario Galaxy coming, SSBB, and Mario Kart Wii, but that's up to you.

iwishiwasrich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 iwishiwasrich
Member since 2006 • 616 Posts
yes get a ps3 and get the p3 version of COD4 because its going to be better on ps3 and free online
ScottEFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ScottEFresh
Member since 2003 • 1574 Posts

*Starsky & Hutch Ben Stiller voice*

Do it.

TYLERxDURDEN

Forum Posts