think sony should add a silver psn?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bladex2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Bladex2k
Member since 2003 • 2755 Posts

i dont know about all you guys but i can cares less for all the monthly downloadables psn games and other freebies. busy with work 40+ hours a week and only got weekends to play. i think if the just had a silver psn for say just online mutiplayer acess and party chat that would be a plus i know i would glady pay 20$ for online mutiplayer for a year, reason im still with with my ps3 just playing gta online cod and last of us for free right now online

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

No, keep that crap on the other one.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#3 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

Yeah, that would definitely be a good option for some people. Many people play casually and only get on every so often mainly to play online. So they probably aren't even taking advantage of all the free games. But from Sony's perspective, it's easier and more profitable to just charge everyone $50 a year, so I doubt it will ever happen.

DHMATT90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 DHMATT90
Member since 2014 • 180 Posts

If they did something like that, it would probably something for people that want to play online, but are not really interested in free games and whatnot

Bladex2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Bladex2k
Member since 2003 • 2755 Posts

valids points i guess if they did make a lower tier psn+ it would be 4 ot 5 years into console life

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I don't see this ever happening looking back at gaming history. There is no incentive for Sony to do this either as the current system in place has been working well and sales are incredibly high.

The competition console (Xbone) is the same for charging MP. Their service is $60 with no other MP option, but they finally started rolling out free games recently at least to match Sony's initiatives. For the first 7 months on my Xbone, we didn't even get any free games but the XBL charge was still in full effect.

There would have to be a reason for Sony to consider this, like perhaps the competition doing it....which I honestly don't see them doing.

Would it be nice? Sure, but as of right now it's a fantasy.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

No point in doing that when people have shown they're willing to pay $50. Xbox Live set the standard and now Sony's gonna rake in that dough.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

My post got deleted...I blame glitches. I'll just sum up my longer post:

---

I don't see this ever happening looking back at gaming history. There is no incentive for Sony to do this either as the current system in place has been working well and PS4 sales are incredibly high. The competition's service is $60, so my fear is Sony could increase the price to $60, not the other way around.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

No. Different console models and service just create confusion amongst consumers. I would say get Plus around the holidays if you do not want to pay full price for it. Sometimes Sony has sales for PS Plus throughout the year. Making a "silver" model would just be stupid since everything on the interface can pretty much anywhere. It would be dumb to go to a new feature only for the system to tell you cannot use it because you do not have a Plus account.