Think i made a good choice in getting PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

warriorsq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 warriorsq
Member since 2007 • 568 Posts
Got my Ps3 a couple of weeks ago. Not got any games so far (just borrowing games workmates have completed) and playing demos. Had problems with the original xbox so decided to go Sony over Microsoft this time. Am impressed with the front end very easy to navigate through the menus. Bit annoying that the games i want seem to come out weeks after the 360 versions but hope that will improve in the future (Madden 08 out on every format in UK apart from PS3..2 weeks to go:cry: ) No point to this post, just happy i feel i made the right long time choice in the next-gen wars
legendbyname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 legendbyname
Member since 2007 • 361 Posts
well theres some great games out now.. some great games coming out this year.. and even more out next year. its a reliable console, and is a wonderful assest to a home theatre. Don't see why it could be a "bad" choice. Get warhawk
campbell1874

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 campbell1874
Member since 2006 • 1920 Posts

As long as you've got good games to play then you have made the correct choice.

I don't think many people on the PS3 forum is going to argue that its the wrong choice unless you get a stray lemming.

MaximumD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#4 MaximumD
Member since 2007 • 1506 Posts

Here's a list of games you should go buy if you haven't yet.

Resistance: Fall of Man

Heavenly Swords

Warhawk

Tekken 5 Dark Ressurection

Virtual Fighter 5

Motorstorm

The PS3 has many good games, it just that people criticise it too much and expect waaay too much from it. I'm glad you gave it a chance and liked it.

narpclinic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 narpclinic
Member since 2007 • 225 Posts

Got my Ps3 a couple of weeks ago. Not got any games so far (just borrowing games workmates have completed) and playing demos. Had problems with the original xbox so decided to go Sony over Microsoft this time. Am impressed with the front end very easy to navigate through the menus. Bit annoying that the games i want seem to come out weeks after the 360 versions but hope that will improve in the future (Madden 08 out on every format in UK apart from PS3..2 weeks to go:cry: ) No point to this post, just happy i feel i made the right long time choice in the next-gen warswarriorsq

Solid choice. I find your story to be quite similar to be mine. I had some disc drive issues with my last console (not a Sony) and really disliked having to pray each time I booted up. Would I get the dreaded "Insert a Game Disc" error when I clearly had a game disc in there? Would I be able to play a half of football and then get freezing/skipping issues?

All in all, you cannot put a price on reliability. Which is why I also chose a PS3 this time around.

I will admit the Wii has some attractive features but at the same time, I look at that game library and find it to be even sparser than the PS3's library. So far, Warhawk has been more than enough to hold me over (and Oblivion) but I fully expect the next year to reveal a whole slate of awesome games.

jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts

Not only can you play games that are out now but you can play most of the games from the past that were on the PS1/PS2. You can use the PS3 as a nice entertainment hub that does a great job of upscaling DVD's. It will soon have HOME coming out to compete with M$ LIVE. Also if you happen to have a PSP you can use remote play to access your PS3 from any internet hot spot in the world (this may be a part of HOME when it's released).

warriorsq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 warriorsq

[QUOTE="warriorsq"]Got my Ps3 a couple of weeks ago. Not got any games so far (just borrowing games workmates have completed) and playing demos. Had problems with the original xbox so decided to go Sony over Microsoft this time. Am impressed with the front end very easy to navigate through the menus. Bit annoying that the games i want seem to come out weeks after the 360 versions but hope that will improve in the future (Madden 08 out on every format in UK apart from PS3..2 weeks to go:cry: ) No point to this post, just happy i feel i made the right long time choice in the next-gen warsnarpclinic

Solid choice. I find your story to be quite similar to be mine. I had some disc drive issues with my last console (not a Sony) and really disliked having to pray each time I booted up. Would I get the dreaded "Insert a Game Disc" error when I clearly had a game disc in there? Would I be able to play a half of football and then get freezing/skipping issues?

All in all, you cannot put a price on reliability. Which is why I also chose a PS3 this time around.

I will admit the Wii has some attractive features but at the same time, I look at that game library and find it to be even sparser than the PS3's library. So far, Warhawk has been more than enough to hold me over (and Oblivion) but I fully expect the next year to reveal a whole slate of awesome games.

Mine had the same "insert a game disk" error and freezing/skipping. scumsoft wanted about £80-90 to fix it..fitted a new dvd drive got from the net for £23 and it worked fine. I have a wii and it is fun but like the PS3 just short of games atm

narpclinic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 narpclinic
Member since 2007 • 225 Posts
[QUOTE="narpclinic"]

[QUOTE="warriorsq"]Got my Ps3 a couple of weeks ago. Not got any games so far (just borrowing games workmates have completed) and playing demos. Had problems with the original xbox so decided to go Sony over Microsoft this time. Am impressed with the front end very easy to navigate through the menus. Bit annoying that the games i want seem to come out weeks after the 360 versions but hope that will improve in the future (Madden 08 out on every format in UK apart from PS3..2 weeks to go:cry: ) No point to this post, just happy i feel i made the right long time choice in the next-gen warswarriorsq

Mine had the same "insert a game disk" error and freezing/skipping. scumsoft wanted about £80-90 to fix it..fitted a new dvd drive got from the net for £23 and it worked fine. I have a wii and it is fun but like the PS3 just short of games atm

The scary thing was that mine worked beautifully for a couple of years but all of a sudden detoriorated. So I was left thinking, if the current console is this unreliable now, how bad would it be after a couple of months or years of heavy gaming? What if it fails even after the extended warranty?

Ultimately, it just wasn't worth the hassle for me so I switched back to Sony. (I originally had a PlayStation. Not really sure why I switched. I remember being very pleased with my original PSX.)

juan99692k6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 juan99692k6
Member since 2006 • 483 Posts
I hope you still got your 360, cuz Halo 3 Came out
warriorsq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 warriorsq

Here's a list of games you should go buy if you haven't yet.

Resistance: Fall of Man

Heavenly Swords

Warhawk

Tekken 5 Dark Ressurection

Virtual Fighter 5

Motorstorm

The PS3 has many good games, it just that people criticise it too much and expect waaay too much from it. I'm glad you gave it a chance and liked it.

MaximumD

Resistance: Fall of Man..Borrowed and completed. Enjoyed it

Heavenly Swords..Want this game but heard its short-will rent out i think

Warhawk..Will probably get soon

Tekken 5 Dark Ressurection..not a fighting fan

Virtual Fighter 5..same as above

Motorstorm..Playing now its great

gp19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 gp19
Member since 2005 • 4252 Posts
Since nobody mentioned it, NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA is an awesome game, epic, classic.
ajefferism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ajefferism
Member since 2006 • 2006 Posts

well if games like:

Warhawk, motorstorm, resistance, heavenly sword, lair, folklore, Assasins creed, ratchet and clank, uncharted, brothers in arms, soul calibur 4, tekken, metal gear 4, final fantasy 13, star ocean, white knight story, little big planet, home, gta4, etc

... interest you, then you made a good decision. not to mention hd movies and PS backward compatibliity.

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts
I recommend Warhawk. Glad you are happy with your buy :D
VinnoT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 VinnoT
Member since 2003 • 4649 Posts

I hope you still got your 360, cuz Halo 3 Came outjuan99692k6

Ive still got mine. But geuss what - ITS BROKE

I got the PS on release and I have to say that until recently I didnt play it all that much, but now I've got F1 and Warhawk I am never off it.

hilltops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hilltops
Member since 2005 • 1833 Posts
Definately made a good decision.
Looks really good in the midst of a nice LCD tv and Home theatre.
Try "The Darkness" it's a really good game which
seems to be overlooked, i have finished it once
and restarted it, so it must be doing something right.
2008 provided no substantial delays should be "defining" year!
"Rome wasn't built in a day"
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

I recommend Warhawk. Glad you are happy with your buy :Drogerjak

Yeah, WarHawk and Heavenly Sword too to your pick up list...... Congrats on your new PS3, the true gaming machine.:)

gamenux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 gamenux
Member since 2006 • 5308 Posts

If you got the 60GB, there is a lot of ps2 andps1games that will work on it.

If you got the 80GB, there is still a good number of ps2 and ps1 thatwill work on it too but I think you have to check on sony's website first.

I finish Front Mission 4 a month ago and i liked it cause it is my kind of RPG.

On your ps3, get warhawk if you like online.

mikemd4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mikemd4eva
Member since 2007 • 564 Posts
Congrats!!!!!!! The ps3 is a great console !!!!!!! The fastest Blu-Ray player anywhere near its price good choice i have a 360 aswell but prefer the PS3 even though 360 has better games atm but that will change !!!!! Get Motorstorm ,R.F.M.,The Darkness ,Heavenly Sword those are just some of the outstanding PS3 games out now there are many more aswell !!!!!!! Congrats again!!!!!
kingrich06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 110

#20 kingrich06
Member since 2006 • 5403 Posts

I had mine for only a few hours and dont think I will ever regret buying it.