Things Sony can do to make NGP more appealing...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

P-vs-P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 P-vs-P
Member since 2009 • 237 Posts

Sony has already introduced great hardware and some great games, but here's something I think Sony should do to make the NGP (Nintendo Got Pwned) more appealing. I think they should get Google or Mozilla to make a really great web browser (with Flash support, etc.). It has 3G connectivity along with a terrefic proccessor and a touch screen and a touch pad on the back, six-axis motion-sensing capabilities, and on of top that, it has buttons! Add app support for things like Netflix, more minis (games like Angry Birds), apps that make use of the hardware (camera related, motion sensing related, and touch screen related), definitely a Facebook/YouTube app, a slick MP3 player, also, as stupid as this sounds, Sony has to make sure that Activision makes that CoD game GOOD with great multi player component and have the game available at launch. And for once Sony has to have a great marketing campaign before and after launch. What do you guys think?

MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts
As long as they implement a feature that allows people to compare PS3 and PSP trophies from either the PSP or PS3 then I'll be more than happy. The product appeals to me already in so many ways.
P-vs-P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 P-vs-P

As long as they implement a feature that allows people to compare PS3 and PSP trophies from either the PSP or PS3 then I'll be more than happy. The product appeals to me already in so many ways.MushroomWig

I think they might already be doing that. There was a trophy icon on the 'LiveArea' screen, so it makes sense that they would make it compatible since NGP users will be (most likely) connected to PSN as well

ShawDowFX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 ShawDowFX
Member since 2003 • 4696 Posts
If rumors are true, expect this new PSP to be a beefed up Android system. So, everything you saw on the DROID phones like Flash Enabled browsers, App Store and Google related software (google maps, google goggles, youtube...etc) will be on this new PSP. Sony seems very devoted in partnering up with google in these upcoming years.
conquerorsaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#5 conquerorsaint
Member since 2003 • 1338 Posts

change those kiddy circle icons into hexagonsto give it a cutting edge sleek interface look ala wipeout

Mr_Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 Mr_Alexander
Member since 2007 • 1686 Posts
  • More open platform; allow some unofficially developed apps and games (aka "homebrew") on the NGP, and I don't mean ISOs, kinda more like the apple app store.
  • And I like the Firefox idea.
  • Touchscreen keyboard; they better have this.
  • Put their main franchise developers onto developing additions to their franchise instead of other companies, such as an Insomniac-developed Ratchet n Clank or Resistance
  • Oh and let us hook PS3 controllers to the NGP and the NGP to our TVs

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#7 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
I like the idea of Google making a version of Chrome for the device, it could happen, since they have some kind of partnership with Google for their android platform. And more minis? No, just no. Not angry birds, please. How many more overrated flash-quality games do people need to play before they realize how stupid they are? I'm not against minis, there are some nice ones, but when you say more games like angry birds, it makes me want to pass off the system as another iPhone clone. We want real games, games like Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Wipeout, Final Fantasy, RPGs...
P-vs-P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 P-vs-P

• Oh and let us hook PS3 controllers to the NGP and the NGP to our TVs

Mr_Alexander

There's a great (90-99.99%) chance this will happen since NGP has Bluetooth as well and I think the PSPgo was able to this as well.

P-vs-P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 P-vs-P

I like the idea of Google making a version of Chrome for the device, it could happen, since they have some kind of partnership with Google for their android platform. And more minis? No, just no. Not angry birds, please. How many more overrated flash-quality games do people need to play before they realize how stupid they are? I'm not against minis, there are some nice ones, but when you say more games like angry birds, it makes me want to pass off the system as another iPhone clone. We want real games, games like Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Wipeout, Final Fantasy, RPGs...Granpire

Lol I understand you don't like minis, but those kinds of little games can attract people who don't play games often and for whom it doesn't justify the $50-$60 price tag for the little amounts of games they play. BTW I only said Angry Birds since it's the most well known and as an example.

godfather_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 godfather_1
Member since 2005 • 562 Posts
Facebook and Twitter integration, this would appeal to casual people.
damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 damann22
Member since 2004 • 7655 Posts

The easy answer is PRICE. But to really answer your question with something more like software or hardware wise, it would have to be an apps store like that of apple

P-vs-P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 P-vs-P

The product just has to have high appeal. Look at the iPad, it can't do things that laptops half the iPad's price can do, but people still buy it because it appeals to them.

TheRealLisaAnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 TheRealLisaAnn
Member since 2010 • 160 Posts
Offer it in Purple, Black, Silver....like the GameCube ;)
Mini2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Mini2
Member since 2003 • 129 Posts

• Like many others have said, keep it to a reasonable price -- $250 - 300 MAX.
  • Like Mr_Alexander said, have Bluetooth capability, allowing us to connect PS3 controllers to the device.
  • Let us use the NGP as a controller for PS3 games. The thought of being able to do inventory on the NGP tough-screen while playing the RPG on the TV would be utterly awesome. I'm thinking Demon's Souls right now.
  • Clean, user-friendly interface.
  • Honestly, Sony, keep the "Playstation" logo on the front of the device . . . and that's it. Clean, unobtrusive lines are underestimated.
  • Come with a decent carrying case.
  • Cross-platform multiplayer between NGP and PS3 (dare I say PC, too?)

The spec sheet for this device is already incredibly impressive. If they have the above features, though, it will become a must-buy. (Honestly, if they don't have the NGP-to-PS3 connectivity, I won't be disappointed; that was asking above and beyond.)

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 j2zon2591
Member since 2005 • 3571 Posts
[QUOTE="Granpire"]I like the idea of Google making a version of Chrome for the device, it could happen, since they have some kind of partnership with Google for their android platform. And more minis? No, just no. Not angry birds, please. How many more overrated flash-quality games do people need to play before they realize how stupid they are? I'm not against minis, there are some nice ones, but when you say more games like angry birds, it makes me want to pass off the system as another iPhone clone. We want real games, games like Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Wipeout, Final Fantasy, RPGs...

I hope you're right about a web browser from Google for NPG or at least a pretty decent web browser by Sony themselves. As for Minis and casual games, if it would help NPG, why not. With NPG's new features, it is more inviting to these "new" market for quick and intuitive casual/small games. It's not like that's gonna directly affect huge A titles from popular devs. Thank Sony, for 2 nubs for the hardcore A touch screen, back pad, gyro, accel, cameras or AR, etc for the more casual. (Confident that these can be implemented well in "core games" as a new appeal that the PS3/360 and 3DS cannot provide)
RandoIph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 RandoIph
Member since 2010 • 2041 Posts
The thread would have been just fine without the weak sauce system wars joke.