Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Star67
Member since 2005 • 5166 Posts

So I've been trying to get my hands on a switch, and sadly they are sold out everywhere!!!! I travel alot for work so I've really been wanting to pass time on trips.

I've had a vita for a while, but never really played it much. I decided to look on the PS Store and couldn't believe what I saw.

There's over 1,300 digital games for the Vita!!!! Games from the original PSP, PS One, PS3, and Vita games!

I'm just amazed at the library right now. I've already purchased Castlevania Dracula X and ordered a larger memory card. Will probably buy metal slug and Soldner X2 soon as well. I may even hold off on the Switch.

I wish more people would have given the Vita more love, the digital library is great! I wish Sony would have packed in a bigger memory card for it, it might have sold a little better.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#2 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@Star67:

8 Hyperdimension Neptunia games

Persona 4 Golden

Hatsune Miku Project Diva X

5 Atelier JRPG's

Freedom Wars

Gravity Rush

Killzone Mercenaries

God Eater Resurrection

Akiba's Trip

3 Senran Kagura games

2 Sword Art Online games

Ragnarok Odyssey Ace

Soul Sacrifice Delta

Digimon Cyber Sleuth

Danganronpa Ultra Despair Girls

One Piece World Red

J Star Victory VS

Uncharted Golden Abyss

Dead or Alive 5

Ninja Gaiden Sigma

Assassin's Creed Liberation

Resistance Burning Skies

Mortal Kombat 9

Injustice Gods Among Us

Amazing Spiderman

Silent Hill Book of Memories

Retro City Rampage

Hotline Miami

Flower

WRC Rally 2

Need for Speed Most Wanted

Amnesia Memories

Meiq

And that's about it for my collection on Vita.

RicanV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 RicanV  Moderator
Member since 2011 • 2624 Posts

I actually see more and more people talk about Vita since the Switch was released. I have to say it's a fantastic device that was hindered by having an expensive proprietary memory card and as a result of the memory card issue the unit did not sell as well as it should have sold. This lead to a lack of interest on the developer side which is why you don't see many fresh new triple A titles aside from JRPGS.

I bought mine in November of 2016 in order to take advantage of all the PS+ Vita freebies I received throughout my subscription and titles I picked up on flash sales. No regrets. The device is great and I've been able to visit some classic titles that I missed. For me the only negatives are that the touchpad on the back can be a little difficult to use at times and while the remote play is fantastic many titles that are compatible with remote play don't offer customization of the controls leading to an awkward play transition.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Did the Vita have major issues because the high price or memory or was it something more? The likely answer is much deeper than one specific issue. The console had potential but, like the Wii U, people seemed to lose faith in it quickly. I remember when talk was going around that Levine wanted to make a Bioshock for it.

RicanV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RicanV  Moderator

It was a culmination of things but I honestly feel it was the high price of the memory cards. If you lowered the price or allowed the device to use any memory card then you would be able to put more units into households. I could be completely wrong though.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Nobody said Vita didn't have games, the problem is when out of 1300 games you don't give a damn about 1299.

Also, who the fvck had the great idea for selling a 64 GB memory card for almost the price of the damn system ?

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Star67

@raugutcon: I think you are exaggerating a bit, there are a ton of classic games in the store that are amazing games. There's games to play for sure, sadly the only new games coming out for the Vita are in Japanese

@killered3:thats a pretty good list of games

And I'm in a few collectors groups on Facebook and Vita demand seems to be going up quite a bit.

I really feel if the Vita was a little less expensive and had more affordable memory it would have been more successful

wildhoney66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By wildhoney66
Member since 2008 • 324 Posts

which proves again that Sony didn't do jack shit about promoting it or even when it came to selling the memory cards to sell that at at a decent price. it'd be great if the vita made a MAJOR comeback i wonder if Sony would at some point actually support their own damn system?

RicanV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RicanV  Moderator

@wildhoney66: I don't think it's too late for a comeback either. With the initial success of the Switch it proves people still want quality gaming on the go.

Announcing a few new titles at E3 can definitely boost the device. They can include spinoffs of the popular franchises as well (TLoU, Horizon). The opportunity is there for them, they just have to grab it.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Star67

@RicanV said:

@wildhoney66: I don't think it's too late for a comeback either. With the initial success of the Switch it proves people still want quality gaming on the go.

Announcing a few new titles at E3 can definitely boost the device. They can include spinoffs of the popular franchises as well (TLoU, Horizon). The opportunity is there for them, they just have to grab it.

True that!

But I would introduce more classic games and tout the size of the digital store for the Vita. To me that's where the Vita really shines.

Maybe they can introduce some cheaper memory cards as well.

Clefdefa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#11 Clefdefa
Member since 2017 • 750 Posts

The Vita had an amazing start but fell flat. Now there is a lot of japanease game on it and I guess this is something many people don't really want.

In my case I love it. The first handheld that I really enjoy so far.

I have Broken Age, Hue, Persona 2, Welcome pack, Fantavision, Final Fantasy Origin, Final Fantasy Tactics, Fat Princess, Dragon's Crown, Persona 4 Golden, Danganronpa Ultra despair girls, Zero Escape Nonary Games, Zero Escape Zero Time Dilemma, LittleBigPLanet, Little Devient, Final Fantasy X HD, Yomawari, Psycho-Pass Mandatory and Souls Sacrifice.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12  Edited By Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

# I love my PS Vita. I never leave home without it! My collection includes:

- Ratchet & Clank Collection

- God Eater Ressurection

- One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3

- Jstars Victory

- Tales R Hearts

- Grand Theft Auto Collection

- World of Final Fantasy

- Attack on Titan

- Toukiden: Age of Demons

- Freedom Wars

- Persona 3 Portable

- Persona 4 Golden

- Sword Art Online: Lost Song

It's also fun as hell to remote play PS4 games like FFXV, Persona 5, and Infamous: Second Son too

wildhoney66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 wildhoney66

i don't much care for the japanese games but than to each their own. you are right their time is to show that at E3 this year but i really doubt they will at all. they will to throw a guess show new games of course, Spider-man is my guess going to be shown this time with someone actually playing it rather than just a trailer that was thrown together. and to throw another guess they will either say yeah we are working on a PS5 or no we aren't if they feel like addressing that.

having said that you are right they need to lower the price of the system some more as well. plus stores barely even carry the games for the vita anyways. i think my Wally mart had like 2 or 3 when i was there on Monday and that's it. Best buys when i was there in december had NONE! the physical games are hard as hell to find around here in stores. and if you to a shop that sells both new and used games. i dunno about gamestop as i haven't been there in a few years. there's never really that many there either at least at the shops i go to. and it's a shame cause it's a great under-rated system.

jakesnakeel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 jakesnakeel
Member since 2003 • 326 Posts

It's interesting to see so many people mention the memory as a factor in the vita failure. I totally agree. And it amazes me that Sony never fixed it. It was such a blatant 'f u' to their users. I played the hell out of my vita, but being stuck with a small memory card that I refused to upgrade made me stop buying games years ago.

RicanV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 RicanV  Moderator

@Star67 said:
@RicanV said:

True that!

But I would introduce more classic games and tout the size of the digital store for the Vita. To me that's where the Vita really shines.

Maybe they can introduce some cheaper memory cards as well.

I would like to see them devote a team to remastering some of the older classics. Legend of Dragoon comes to mind immediately.

wildhoney66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 wildhoney66

but not just that, actually support their damn device ya know? ya know PC gaming is a big thing and has been since shit the 80's though i'm not a PC gamer and never have been there are of course plenty who are and that's fine. and i get they want to support the PS4 and the VR but they need to realize that those aren't the ONLY systems out there. at least with the wii U it may have been not one of Nintendo's biggest hits they at least supported the system for a good number of years and people were aware of it more so than the vita. and though the wii U wasn't supported as well as it should have been, they still had plenty of AAA games for it compared to the Vita when there just wasn't enough of them even when they were being supported for it.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Star67

For those wanting to get physically released vita Games I would Check out Limited Run

https://limitedrungames.com/collections/games

Alot of the games are available to download off the PS Store, and for a lot cheaper. But if you want a physical collection of Vita games, this is a good way to do it.

However they only make like 3000 or so copies of each game, so some of the better games are hard to get. You can find them on Ebay after, but they are really pricey.

Tacanacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Tacanacy
Member since 2012 • 192 Posts

@raugutcon: Lol, the Vita not having games is nearly everyone's go-to argument for saying why they think the console sucks.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@Tacanacy: where did I say it had no games ? You gotta work on those reading comprehension skills.

Tacanacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Tacanacy
Member since 2012 • 192 Posts

@raugutcon: You didn't and that wasn't what I replied to. You wrote that nobody said Vita didn't have games. Check your own reading/comprehension skills, jackass.

wildhoney66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 wildhoney66

i think he meant what i said, that yes it does have a lot of games a LOT Of them digital and that's fine. but i love my physical copies and those are hard as hell to come by around here. and yes you can order online but for times when you go to a store you want to look for a certain game cause what do you at times do well i do anyways,

most of the times i buy my games at stores and i price shop, but stores like i said don't carry many Vita games and people like me say the system has really no big games for it in stores and it really doesn't. now if you order the games digital or physical off amazon that's another matter. for example if you are a gamer and you price shop games like any of the call of duty games for example, stores will no doubt have the game in stock on really any system but the vita if you want it on the vita. and it's a huge pain in the ass if you want to buy it on the vita from K-mart of Best Buys to use as an example when they are not in stock. you shouldn't be forced to buy the damn thing online if you don't want to. so people going to stores will see the latest call of duty at any store and the point we are trying to make is that if you want to have the same game on the vita version if you hear it's a really great version of the game. stores should damn well have it that's all

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Worst Playstation ever.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@Telekill said:

Worst Playstation ever.

2nd worst, worst was PSPGo

tempura13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 tempura13
Member since 2009 • 453 Posts
@GTR12 said:
@Telekill said:

Worst Playstation ever.

2nd worst, worst was PSPGo

A bit harsh, considering that the Vita is the only PlayStation console capable of playing:

• PSOne games
  • PSP games
  • Select ports of PS2 and PS3 games (PS Now is also available, although it will be discontinued soon)
  • PS4 games via Remote Play
  • PS Mobile games (before it was given the axe)
  • And of course, Vita games

But if we're talking about the collective support that it has gotten since launch, then it's pretty much up there. It's baffling that Sony didn't just market it as PlayStation's ultimate legacy console.

Ship sailed a long time ago though, so we'll just have to wait and see if they're gonna scrap their handheld division in the near future.I hope they don't and actually learn from their mistakes. No more expensive proprietary BS, Sony. Please.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GTR12

@tempura13: Not really, the Vita is a joke of a system.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

@GTR12 said:

To each his own. I know plenty of Vita owners who love and support their Vita's. It's the most powerful handheld there is besides The Switch. If you've ever saw the graphics for Uncharted: Golden Abyss you'd understand. Also remote play for the PS4 is dope af also plus we have access to so many classics as well. A lot of people's Vita's still get used on a daily basis. It's just kind of a plus to be an anime fan cuz you're gonna see a lot of JRPG's and anime games on the Vita.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By GTR12

@valgaav_219 said:
@GTR12 said:

To each his own. I know plenty of Vita owners who love and support their Vita's. It's the most powerful handheld there is besides The Switch. If you've ever saw the graphics for Uncharted: Golden Abyss you'd understand. Also remote play for the PS4 is dope af also plus we have access to so many classics as well. A lot of people's Vita's still get used on a daily basis. It's just kind of a plus to be an anime fan cuz you're gonna see a lot of JRPG's and anime games on the Vita.

Its not about power, look at other handhelds, its about games.

wildhoney66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 wildhoney66

for some it is about the power i think. the N64 for example was a good system but it didn't in my opinion didn't have that many great games but others may disagree with me this. though that system i don't think was a failure either. i don't have a PSP nor have i played one but that one was a hit because Sony promoted the shit out of it and it had games. not just digital ones but physical ones you could easily find in stores, nobody here is saying the vita is a perfect system it's not it's got it's faults too.

such as for certain games for remote play you have to use the bottom of the system to control the game that wasn't a great idea i don't think. but instead of promoting it like they should, they spent all their resources on the PS4 and the VR. so sadly they didn't give a shit about improving those faults and fix them.

tempura13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 tempura13
@GTR12 said:

Its not about power, look at other handhelds, its about games.

Pretty much this.

But it also had me thinking that the Vita's power somehow deterred most big western publishers to invest on the platform early in its life.

Making a triple A game on a beefier hardware means higher development costs, so most publishers were probably reluctant to make exclusive games for such a small install base (also taking into account the shrinking market share of dedicated gaming handhelds). So, we could probably assume that they were playing the waiting game until more people bought Vitas.

Unfortunately, potential buyers were doing the same thing too, especially with the high barrier of entry thanks to the ridiculous prices of the memory cards. I also think that the Vita's momentum in the US started to drop after Black Ops Declassified was released. A proper COD game could've been a game changer, paving the road to more future projects for the platform.

And while it is true that Sony ditched the poor handheld too soon, they did at least try in the first few years. Some first-party games aside, they also had Third Party Productions to approach publishers and port games that would be highly unlikely to happen outside a joint venture (how we got Borderlands 2, RE: Revelations 2, and other indie games).

The team gave a lot of Vita fans hope as it was apparent at the time that Sony's first-party studios were already moving on to the PS4, but a lot of the big-name publishers just didn't care about the Vita anymore.

wildhoney66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 wildhoney66

it just makes me sad on what could have been and i wonder if that is right? it to me anyways feels like they wasted money in making a system that is pretty good and than lost interest it's kinda like why bother? on how it ended up that's how it feels to me anyways

tempura13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 tempura13
@wildhoney66 said:

it just makes me sad on what could have been and i wonder if that is right? it to me anyways feels like they wasted money in making a system that is pretty good and than lost interest it's kinda like why bother? on how it ended up that's how it feels to me anyways

My sentiments exactly. The Vita's full potential never saw the light of day, and it's really telling how much commitment they're willing to give to a product that isn't performing within their sales projection.

Heck, Sony never even revealed what the accessory port on the OLED Vita does! Damage already done anyway, so they could just say, "Hey guys, that port is actually for video output, but we're not gonna sell the cables cuz we want you to buy a Vita TV!"

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

I love Vita. I wish Sony loved it as much as I do. Really poor first party support almost makes me feel insulted as a consumer.

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts

Im still a big Vita fan but I must admit it feels old.

wildhoney66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 wildhoney66

oh hell i still play my Game Boy SP every now and than. it may feel a bit old but that's cause i think they don't do shit with it anymore sadly.

soul_starter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 soul_starter
Member since 2013 • 1377 Posts

I don't buy many handhelds. Well not for a while anyway. I used to have the GB colour and then Advanced and finally bought a PSP 10+ years ago. It was pretty fun although a lot of games boiled down to them being portable versions of PS3 games. So I eventually sold it but when I heard about the jump in power and so on of the Vita I was curious...and SOny failed to market it properly, confusion as to how to get games on it, the memory card issue, the pricing.

For a company who really know how to bring a product to market, they fell flat with the Vita and no matter how many good things I hear about it now, it's difficult to get a hold of a Vita, I dont like buying second hand etc etc

It could have been so much more.

Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Zensword
Member since 2007 • 4510 Posts

Used to own the OLED version but now I'm seriously considering to buying it again, the main reason is The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 1-2.