The Story of first 3 Metal Gear Solids ??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for forzafootball77
forzafootball77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 forzafootball77
Member since 2008 • 499 Posts

I want to play MGS4 but i have heard there is no point in playing it if i dont know the story of the first 3 MGS 's , So is there a video or something where I can get to know the story enough to understand MGS 4 ??

d_ano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 1

#2 d_ano
Member since 2005 • 2522 Posts

there is a thing you can download off the store and it will give u a run down of the past games. mgs has a really deep story it will be very hard to learn all about it without playing

BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 BibiMaghoo
Member since 2009 • 4018 Posts
mgs4 pretty much recaps the entire saga in cut scenes. so long as you pay attention youll get the gist of it. might need to play it through twice though lol
johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 johny300
Member since 2010 • 12496 Posts
you need to play the three first and to explain a little in mgs 1 you play as solid snake and you fight liquid and ocelot in mgs 2 you play as snake and raiden to defeat ocelot and liquid and solidus snake(solidus snake is one of the three brothers solid snake and liquid) and in mgs three its a prequal its naked snakes story or big boss the father of the three clones (solid snake, liquid, solidus) the story takes place in the 1960s and explaines how naked snake became big boss. The story is so long that you need to play each game three times to understand why the patriots did this and mgs4 is the sequal to mgs2. and i wont spoil to much because i dont want to get moded.:D hope this helps. buy the mgs games and see the cutscenes and understand how the story unfolds its amazing.
Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

wikipedia gives a summary of them.

you could also download mgs1 from the store

San_09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 San_09
Member since 2009 • 1206 Posts

If you can, play MGS 1-3.

Coming from a big MGS fan, I would say that dont bother with 4 if you havent played the others.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#7 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8187 Posts

I want to play MGS4 but i have heard there is no point in playing it if i dont know the story of the first 3 MGS 's , So is there a video or something where I can get to know the story enough to understand MGS 4 ??

forzafootball77

I'm not a big fan of the MG franchise, but I've always had fun playing the games. It's still worth a purchase because just as others have said, there are plenty of ways online to get the stories history. Here's the thing that's going to really make you scratch your head...MG3 "TECHNICALLY" is MG1:P...in short it's a prequel to the first 2.

Avatar image for forzafootball77
forzafootball77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 forzafootball77
Member since 2008 • 499 Posts

Thanks guys but can anybody Give me a link or something ?? I really want to play MGS4 but i know i wont enjoy it if i dont know whats hapening :(

darkmedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 darkmedo
Member since 2008 • 47 Posts

Dude .. i have played Mgs4 Two Times Without knowing Any Information About the mgs Series .. Then i Finished it and still dont understand anything .. soi Read about Mgs Story From Mgs 1 .. I Understood it a little bit .. Then i played Mgs4 once again and finished It .. And It Waas Waay Better Than the first time cuz i Have understood the main idea of the game And Knew the characters Well .. Of course i Dont Understand It Like Whom Played the whole Series But It Was Kinda Good ..

anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 anime_gamer007
Member since 2007 • 6142 Posts
It's basically impossible to play MGS4 and understand the story/character motives without playing the first 3. Don't play MGS4 without playing the first 3 unless you really don't care about the story at which point I would ask "Why do you wanna play MGS4?"
verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5040 Posts
Well, it's best if you play all four games in the order they were released for the original experience as well as ascending production quality....but... seeing as that option might be a bit difficult for most people today, your best bet is to bring yourself up to date with the story primarily through the MGS database....or, even better yet, find and watch complete video walkthroughs of each title.(Still doesn't come close to experiencing the titles on your own though..but it's better than nothing).
zezezemolskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 zezezemolskee
Member since 2009 • 45 Posts
You could check walkthroughs of them on youtube.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
theres a metal gear solid database on the playstation store free of charge which has information on EVERYTHING
spookykid143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 spookykid143
Member since 2009 • 10393 Posts

Don't bother playing 4 if you haven't played 1 2 and 3.

FFVIIROCKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#15 FFVIIROCKS
Member since 2007 • 1176 Posts

Yeah you will never get the full experience unless you play each one.

MGS4 is way sick! but i knew that if I hadnt played the others, I would of not enjoyed MGS4 quite as much.

Its an amazingly deep story that deserves of knowing everything about it