The sole reason I am never touching a PS3 again (Yes, a valid reason)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

--Wolf--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 --Wolf--
Member since 2004 • 6786 Posts

The controller.

Does Sony honestly think all their customers are still under the age of 10? 

I had cramp within 5 minutes of playing Motorstorm...

It is impossible to hold the right "trigger" (which my finger always slippped off) and tap x constantly without getting sore fingers....IMPOSSIBLE. 

Please Sony...realise that most people who can afford the huge price tag are past the old days of "small hands for small controllers" 

And for all your fanboys that will flame me saying I have big hands...get real.  Unless you have never held the controller like a man before, don't post.

Airek49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Airek49
Member since 2003 • 1081 Posts
QQ.
SikKwuN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 SikKwuN
Member since 2007 • 1442 Posts
right.
mj53916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 mj53916
Member since 2003 • 104 Posts
    No you just have alian hand's becuse i've never had a problem with the Playstation controllers.And they have been the same for over 12 years it's a little late to complain now dummy.
bobbytkc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bobbytkc
Member since 2003 • 166 Posts

The controller.

Does Sony honestly think all their customers are still under the age of 10?

I had cramp within 5 minutes of playing Motorstorm...

It is impossible to hold the right "trigger" (which my finger always slippped off) and tap x constantly without getting sore fingers....IMPOSSIBLE.

Please Sony...realise that most people who can afford the huge price tag are past the old days of "small hands for small controllers"

And for all your fanboys that will flame me saying I have big hands...get real. Unless you have never held the controller like a man before, don't post.

--Wolf--

Asians make up more than 1/2 of the world. Big Handed Aliens who don't like a design that worked fine for a DECADE? less than 0.01%

You lose.

--Wolf--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 --Wolf--

No you just have alian hand's becuse i've never had a problem with the Playstation controllers.And they have been the same for over 12 years it's a little late to complain now dummy.mj53916

I wouldn't be complaining if I was still 10 years old.  Go hold down the right trigger (if you can, without your finger slipping off) and tap x for a whole race of motorstorm.  Enjoy :) 

anthonyActon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#7 anthonyActon
Member since 2004 • 3748 Posts
In Soviet Russia, controller holds YOU!!
Avatar image for darkangel_78589
darkangel_78589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 darkangel_78589
Member since 2003 • 205 Posts
32 years old.  And the Sixaxis controller feels very natural in my grasp, as opposed to the other clunky controller.  Any more questions?  Besides....It isn't as if 3rd party controllers won't make it onto the market.  My opinion, you just wanted to post something, just to state your opinions, masking it using "valid" gripes.  Buy it, don't buy it...Sony'll still survive regardless.  I swear  people just don't know when to leave well enough alone.
gundamfan80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gundamfan80
Member since 2005 • 684 Posts
I have been using this same design controller since the mid 90's and I think its just about perfect. and no I'm not a small man either.
jacintos09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 jacintos09
Member since 2007 • 1466 Posts
well i dunno how one holds the controller like a man, since i'm not a man....but i've never had any problems with it. i actually find bigger controllers on some of the systems to be more annoying...
ThatsCrazyTalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ThatsCrazyTalk
Member since 2004 • 53 Posts
Ive been playing playstation since the first one came out and ive never had a problem with the controller hurting my hands. Maybe he's missing some fingers or something.
ex-paranoia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ex-paranoia
Member since 2003 • 331 Posts
There are 3rd party Playstation 3 remotes, I suggest you take a look at them if the SIXAXIS doesn't suit your tastes.
xxgunslingerxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 xxgunslingerxx
Member since 2005 • 4275 Posts
i actually find the 360 controller too big and not very form fitting for my hands
longhorn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 longhorn7
Member since 2007 • 4637 Posts
:lol: @ "holding the controller like a man"- you know, because gaming is such a manly thing there bud :lol: but yeah andyway im 6'3 and have fairly large hands and have no problems with the controller that i have been used to for about a decade now. Maybe youre holding it wrong...like too high or something. don't choke up on it so much- the tips of the controller fit nicely into the middle of the palm of the hands- not the bottom of the pam- that is definately doing it wrong.
Crazy87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Crazy87
Member since 2005 • 2900 Posts
and heres the part where i call you a trolling fanboy nothing but xbox 360 games in your profile all rated 9+ no ps3 games at all this is crap for your blog not the fourms your a grown man huh well grow up and deal with it and stop complaing this topic is gonna get locked Good day to you Sir!
ddldave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ddldave
Member since 2006 • 886 Posts
QQ.Airek49

QFT
trav_have

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#18 trav_have
Member since 2004 • 5712 Posts
?? My fingers have never gotten sore from playing any games, even Motorstorm. And you say constantly tapping x? So that means your using the cheat, right? lol. My finger hasnt slipped off the trigger buttons either. I think your hands are greasy or something.
--Wolf--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 --Wolf--

and heres the part where i call you a trolling fanboy nothing but xbox 360 games in your profile all rated 9+ no ps3 games at all this is crap for your blog not the fourms your a grown man huh well grow up and deal with it and stop complaing this topic is gonna get locked Good day to you Sir!Crazy87

Well FYI I own a Xbox 360...And I don't own a PS3, nor did I say I do.  I hired one out overnight though...Hence why I said I'm never touching one again.

And it's gonna get locked because you PS3 fanyboys can't handle some negative comments?  It's called opinion my friend. 

jmper4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jmper4
Member since 2004 • 957 Posts

Man hands.

bluegender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 bluegender
Member since 2006 • 1145 Posts
( Am I the only one who noticed that racist statement in that summary? ).
Pablo620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 Pablo620
Member since 2004 • 4980 Posts
you should go to the doctor. Either you have a problem with your hands or worse...a serious case of fanboyism...not a rare disease these days. I suggest Ninja Gaiden Sigma in small doses now. Upon its release increase use
--Wolf--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 --Wolf--

?? My fingers have never gotten sore from playing any games, even Motorstorm. And you say constantly tapping x? So that means your using the cheat, right? lol. My finger hasnt slipped off the trigger buttons either. I think your hands are greasy or something.trav_have

It's about the only damn way to win in that game.

My fingers were not greasy...if you read that link I posted a few posts up you'll see the person who also complained about it was asked if they had greasy fingers.. 

"the triggers have to much resistance and make your fingers ache after 10 mins and because its made of some kind of sweat retaining plastic you will find that because your fingers are slipping off you are either wiping your fingers on your jeans every 5 mins or wiping the triggers"

Crazy87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Crazy87

[QUOTE="Crazy87"]and heres the part where i call you a trolling fanboy nothing but xbox 360 games in your profile all rated 9+ no ps3 games at all this is crap for your blog not the fourms your a grown man huh well grow up and deal with it and stop complaing this topic is gonna get locked Good day to you Sir!--Wolf--

Well FYI I own a Xbox 360...And I don't own a PS3, nor did I say I do. I hired one out overnight though...Hence why I said I'm never touching one again.

And it's gonna get locked because you PS3 fanyboys can't handle some negative comments? It's called opinion my friend.

good take your Opinion and put it in your blog not on a fourm where as you say the ps3 fanboys cant handle it im 6'4 i have big hands yet the ps3 feels just as good as a ps3 controllor i can hold it for 3hours befor feeling anything just like the 360 i think your just trolling buddy 

--Wolf--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 --Wolf--

( Am I the only one who noticed that racist statement in that summary? ).bluegender

I did not write it, nor did I notice it. 

--Wolf--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 --Wolf--
[QUOTE="--Wolf--"]

[QUOTE="Crazy87"]and heres the part where i call you a trolling fanboy nothing but xbox 360 games in your profile all rated 9+ no ps3 games at all this is crap for your blog not the fourms your a grown man huh well grow up and deal with it and stop complaing this topic is gonna get locked Good day to you Sir!Crazy87

Well FYI I own a Xbox 360...And I don't own a PS3, nor did I say I do. I hired one out overnight though...Hence why I said I'm never touching one again.

And it's gonna get locked because you PS3 fanyboys can't handle some negative comments? It's called opinion my friend.

good take your Opinion and put it in your blog not on a fourm where as you say the ps3 fanboys cant handle it im 6'4 i have big hands yet the ps3 feels just as good as a ps3 controllor i can hold it for 3hours befor feeling anything just like the 360 i think your just trolling buddy

So now I'm trolling?  If I wanted to troll I'd mention the other stuff I noticed, like how the controller started to creak...how cheap it felt...etc....but I wont. Because I'm not here to troll. 

longhorn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 longhorn7

[QUOTE="trav_have"]?? My fingers have never gotten sore from playing any games, even Motorstorm. And you say constantly tapping x? So that means your using the cheat, right? lol. My finger hasnt slipped off the trigger buttons either. I think your hands are greasy or something.--Wolf--

My fingers were not greasy...if you read that link I posted a few posts up you'll see the person who also complained about it was asked if they had greasy fingers..

"the triggers have to much resistance and make your fingers ache after 10 mins and because its made of some kind of sweat retaining plastic you will find that because your fingers are slipping off you are either wiping your fingers on your jeans every 5 mins or wiping the triggers"

or you know, you could win races by, well- being good at the game? and that resistance you feel on the triggers- thats called its pressed all the way down. Also if your fingers get sore from that small of an amount of resistance the controller is definately not the problem lol SO MUCH FOR HOLDING IT LIKE A MAN, HUH? :lol:
bluegender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 bluegender

I don't even think he owns a PS3 if you ask me,

ThatsCrazyTalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ThatsCrazyTalk
Can you send a pic of how to hold the controller like a man?
Crazy87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Crazy87
[QUOTE="Crazy87"][QUOTE="--Wolf--"]

[QUOTE="Crazy87"]and heres the part where i call you a trolling fanboy nothing but xbox 360 games in your profile all rated 9+ no ps3 games at all this is crap for your blog not the fourms your a grown man huh well grow up and deal with it and stop complaing this topic is gonna get locked Good day to you Sir!--Wolf--

So now I'm trolling? If I wanted to troll I'd mention the other stuff I noticed, like how the controller started to creak...how cheap it felt...etc....but I wont. Because I'm not here to troll.

oh please you know your a troll get out of here man go back to system wars or 360 boards im done talking to you now to wait for this topic to get locked

you just said your not gonna mention what you just said but you did any ways dumb troll your a grown man like i said be4 stop complaing you dont own the system but you played it put this crap in your blog

--Wolf--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 --Wolf--
[QUOTE="--Wolf--"]

[QUOTE="trav_have"]?? My fingers have never gotten sore from playing any games, even Motorstorm. And you say constantly tapping x? So that means your using the cheat, right? lol. My finger hasnt slipped off the trigger buttons either. I think your hands are greasy or something.longhorn7

or you know, you could win races by, well- being good at the game? and that resistance you feel on the triggers- thats called its pressed all the way down. Also if your fingers get sore from that small of an amount of resistance the controller is definately not the problem lol SO MUCH FOR HOLDING IT LIKE A MAN, HUH? :lol:

If you read my post, I DID NOT WRITE THAT LAST BIT.  And Motorstorm does not require being good, or having skill.  It requires Luck.  Fact.

bluegender

I don't.  If you read the posts you'd know I only hired it out. 

longhorn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 longhorn7
[QUOTE="longhorn7"][QUOTE="--Wolf--"]

[QUOTE="trav_have"]?? My fingers have never gotten sore from playing any games, even Motorstorm. And you say constantly tapping x? So that means your using the cheat, right? lol. My finger hasnt slipped off the trigger buttons either. I think your hands are greasy or something.--Wolf--

If you read my post, I DID NOT WRITE THAT LAST BIT. And Motorstorm does not require being good, or having skill. It requires Luck. Fact.

bluegender

I don't. If you read the posts you'd know I only hired it out.

this coming from someone who had to cheat to win lol you reek of FAIL
longhorn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 longhorn7
[QUOTE="mj53916"]

This $H!T is funny !!!

Crazy87

yes yes it is lol this grown man is being such a baby and crying over a controllor so much he had to come here and troll about it

me not strong enough to press down trigger buttons! me hate controller! Motorstorm hard!!!!!
--Wolf--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 --Wolf--
[QUOTE="mj53916"]

This $H!T is funny !!!

Crazy87

yes yes it is lol this grown man is being such a baby and crying over a controllor so much he had to come here and troll about it

What happened to "im done talking to you now to wait for this topic to get locked"?

--Wolf--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 --Wolf--
[QUOTE="Crazy87"][QUOTE="mj53916"]

This $H!T is funny !!!

longhorn7

me not strong enough to press down trigger buttons! me hate controller! Motorstorm hard!!!!!

I never complained about how "hard" the triggers were.  i do hate the controller, yes.  Motorstorm is hard...Why?  Because it requires no skill and all luck.  It's pretty much Counter-Strike except everytime you shoot someone, the bullet rolls a dice to see if it actually hits, otherwsie it does a backflip and headshots the person who shot it.

longhorn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 longhorn7
also to wolf i know you didnt write that about the trigger buttons, but hey ive had a few beers and its fun giving you a hard time because it was kind of brough on by yourself for quoting that poor dufus lol so sorry if i get you too mad :P
longhorn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 longhorn7
[QUOTE="longhorn7"][QUOTE="Crazy87"][QUOTE="mj53916"]

This $H!T is funny !!!

--Wolf--

I never complained about how "hard" the triggers were. i do hate the controller, yes. Motorstorm is hard...Why? Because it requires no skill and all luck. It's pretty much Counter-Strike except everytime you shoot someone, the bullet rolls a dice to see if it actually hits, otherwsie it does a backflip and headshots the person who shot it.

actually its all about what path, terrain, lines, and interactions with the other vehicles on the course based upon what kind of vehicle you are driving. Using your brain is how you win in motorstorm without cheating.
--Wolf--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 --Wolf--

also to wolf i know you didnt write that about the trigger buttons, but hey ive had a few beers and its fun giving you a hard time because it was kind of brough on by yourself for quoting that poor dufus lol so sorry if i get you too mad :Plonghorn7

Well that's nice to know I'm getting flamed by a drunken user who thinks giving me a hard time is fun. 

--Wolf--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 --Wolf--
[QUOTE="--Wolf--"][QUOTE="longhorn7"][QUOTE="Crazy87"][QUOTE="mj53916"]

This $H!T is funny !!!

longhorn7

I never complained about how "hard" the triggers were. i do hate the controller, yes. Motorstorm is hard...Why? Because it requires no skill and all luck. It's pretty much Counter-Strike except everytime you shoot someone, the bullet rolls a dice to see if it actually hits, otherwsie it does a backflip and headshots the person who shot it.

actually its all about what path, terrain, lines, and interactions with the other vehicles on the course based upon what kind of vehicle you are driving. Using your brain is how you win in motorstorm without cheating.

You do know it's luck.  You'll win if your lucky enough to not get compeltely owned by your AI friends who have catch up on. 

bluegender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 bluegender
[QUOTE="--Wolf--"][QUOTE="Crazy87"][QUOTE="--Wolf--"]

[QUOTE="Crazy87"]and heres the part where i call you a trolling fanboy nothing but xbox 360 games in your profile all rated 9+ no ps3 games at all this is crap for your blog not the fourms your a grown man huh well grow up and deal with it and stop complaing this topic is gonna get locked Good day to you Sir!Crazy87

So now I'm trolling? If I wanted to troll I'd mention the other stuff I noticed, like how the controller started to creak...how cheap it felt...etc....but I wont. Because I'm not here to troll.

oh please you know your a troll get out of here man go back to system wars or 360 boards im done talking to you now to wait for this topic to get locked

you just said your not gonna mention what you just said but you did any ways dumb troll your a grown man like i said be4 stop complaing you dont own the system but you played it put this crap in your blog

E

Even though i agree with you there is no reason to call him names.

longhorn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 longhorn7

[QUOTE="longhorn7"]also to wolf i know you didnt write that about the trigger buttons, but hey ive had a few beers and its fun giving you a hard time because it was kind of brough on by yourself for quoting that poor dufus lol so sorry if i get you too mad :P--Wolf--

Well that's nice to know I'm getting flamed by a drunken user who thinks giving me a hard time is fun.

hey now im not drunk bud, i said a FEW lol. Its just really easy to make fun of you because you talked about holding the controller like a man and then you quote somebody as a source that claims the whole whopping few milligrams of resistance of the trigger makes his hands hurt lol you brought it on youself. im just capitalizing off of that and your obvious sensitivity
ThatsCrazyTalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ThatsCrazyTalk

--Wolf--

That just might be the best analogy I've ever read.

longhorn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 longhorn7
[QUOTE="longhorn7"][QUOTE="--Wolf--"][QUOTE="longhorn7"][QUOTE="Crazy87"][QUOTE="mj53916"]

This $H!T is funny !!!

--Wolf--

You do know it's luck. You'll win if your lucky enough to not get compeltely owned by your AI friends who have catch up on.

:lol: yup you got me its luck and not skill when youre able to not get outplayed and outsmarted by something with no rational thought. Using boost at the right segments of the courses and taking the correct lines during a turn also take no skill thats all luck. :roll:
--Wolf--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 --Wolf--
Taking the correct lines? You wouldn't know anything about that. It's pretty much motorbikes go up there --> where no trucks can go...Trucks go down there
--Wolf--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 --Wolf--

WELL WELL WELL maybe if we sticked to the boomerang our hands would be more comfy, why did every1 hate it i mean it had long arms so you could stretch your hands out without being cramped up ZOMG

ppl complaining about boomerang now you's are b**T*C**NG about this controller make up your mind people

supras989

I actually liked the boomerang idea...too bad Sony were too scared to make the change.