The RPG Lounge [OT Approved] UPDATE ON LAST PAGE

This topic is locked from further discussion.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#501 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts
I'll be downloading Mass Effect 1 on PSN in a little while. Very excited to finally see how it all began!
01_855403

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#502 01_855403
Member since 2006 • 1004 Posts
I'll be downloading Mass Effect 1 on PSN in a little while. Very excited to finally see how it all began!roboccs
Though i bought ME2 and ME3, but of course later this year i should buy the Trilogy Edition.
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#503 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts
[QUOTE="roboccs"]I'll be downloading Mass Effect 1 on PSN in a little while. Very excited to finally see how it all began!01_855403
Though i bought ME2 and ME3, but of course later this year i should buy the Trilogy Edition.

I played 2. I enjoyed it A LOT. When I get time I would probably pick up the trilogy
01_855403

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#504 01_855403
Member since 2006 • 1004 Posts
Great value! Especially on PS3.
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#505 Young_Charter
Anyone got Dark Souls ?
6_Shooter_25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#506 6_Shooter_25
Member since 2013 • 219 Posts

The Elder Scrolls series by a mile.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#507 Young_Charter

The Elder Scrolls series by a mile.

6_Shooter_25
I wish they put Morrowind out for PS3 and 360.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#508 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I totally voted in the poll, and as a bonus, I'm posting!

RPG ftw! :P

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#509 NoirLamia777
Member since 2012 • 3180 Posts

Anyone got Dark Souls ? Young_Charter

Of course, game of the generation :)

I'm currently replaying Demons Souls, working on the plat.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#510 Young_Charter

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"]Anyone got Dark Souls ? NoirLamia777

Of course, game of the generation :)

I'm currently replaying Demons Souls, working on the plat.

What level are you ?
killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#511 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

did anyone buy Dragon Fantasy Book 1 from the PS Store yesterday? if so what are your thoughts on it?

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#512 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts

did anyone buy Dragon Fantasy Book 1 from the PS Store yesterday? if so what are your thoughts on it?

killerband55
Curious about this as well. It's on sale for $8 for PS+ this week, and it's a cross buy game so if the game is at least halfway decent it seems like a good deal.
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#513 Young_Charter
What is it about ?
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#514 roboccs
Hey guys, haven't seen much activity here lately. How you fellow rpg-ers doing? I am currently completely engrossed in Mass Effect, I love the game. Combat is wonkier than the newer games but still fun. What's everyone playing these days?
Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#515 Texas2089

Hey guys, haven't seen much activity here lately. How you fellow rpg-ers doing? I am currently completely engrossed in Mass Effect, I love the game. Combat is wonkier than the newer games but still fun. What's everyone playing these days?roboccs

Yeah the gameplay from the first ME feels a bit dated, but damn is the story good. I've been meaning to go back and replay the entire trilogy.

Sadly I haven't been doing much RPG gaming lately. I'm working my way through Gravity Rush now, but after that i think I may finally start playing FFVI. Or maybe I'll pick up Soul Sacrifice.  Also planning on getting back to The Witcher soon.  Probably after Deadly Premonition.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#516 Young_Charter

[QUOTE="roboccs"]Hey guys, haven't seen much activity here lately. How you fellow rpg-ers doing? I am currently completely engrossed in Mass Effect, I love the game. Combat is wonkier than the newer games but still fun. What's everyone playing these days?Texas2089

Yeah the gameplay from the first ME feels a bit dated, but damn is the story good. I've been meaning to go back and replay the entire trilogy.

Sadly I haven't been doing much RPG gaming lately. I'm working my way through Gravity Rush now, but after that i think I may finally start playing FFVI. Or maybe I'll pick up Soul Sacrifice.  Also planning on getting back to The Witcher soon.  Probably after Deadly Premonition.

I wish that the PS3 got the witcher 1 & 2 before the PS4 comes out with a hold of Witcher 3. Sheesh I can't believe they bothered dropping it on 360 and now bragging about 3 coming to PS4. . smh I would like to get a hold ot Deadly Premonition too.
Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#517 Texas2089
[QUOTE="Texas2089"]

[QUOTE="roboccs"]Hey guys, haven't seen much activity here lately. How you fellow rpg-ers doing? I am currently completely engrossed in Mass Effect, I love the game. Combat is wonkier than the newer games but still fun. What's everyone playing these days?Young_Charter

I wish that the PS3 got the witcher 1 & 2 before the PS4 comes out with a hold of Witcher 3. Sheesh I can't believe they bothered dropping it on 360 and now bragging about 3 coming to PS4. . smh I would like to get a hold ot Deadly Premonition too.

Yeah I wish they didn't cancel the console port of The Witcher. I would have played it much sooner. Sadly the chances of either game coming to PS3 is slim to none. CD Projekt Red has already said the PS3 architecture is too difficult for them to work with. With the PS4 being built more like a PC though it's much easier for them to develop for so at least PS users can get TW3. If you have a capable PC I definitely say get in on The Witcher series. I can't speak much for the first game since I'm only about 2 hours into it, but I played the second game on Xbox and it's amazing. My personal GOTY for 2012. Once I finish up the first game I definitely plan on buying TW2 again for PC.
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#518 Young_Charter
[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="Texas2089"]

Texas2089

Yeah I wish they didn't cancel the console port of The Witcher. I would have played it much sooner. Sadly the chances of either game coming to PS3 is slim to none. CD Projekt Red has already said the PS3 architecture is too difficult for them to work with. With the PS4 being built more like a PC though it's much easier for them to develop for so at least PS users can get TW3. If you have a capable PC I definitely say get in on The Witcher series. I can't speak much for the first game since I'm only about 2 hours into it, but I played the second game on Xbox and it's amazing. My personal GOTY for 2012. Once I finish up the first game I definitely plan on buying TW2 again for PC.

I wish my laptop was fit for it but unfortunately its not. Speaking of which, I just ordered a segate 1 TB external HDD for my laptop so I could get rid of all kinds of junk on here.
bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#519 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

Out of those poll options ...Fallout 1/2/NV easily.  (not Fallout 3)     

Waiting for these proper RPGs like Wasteland 2, Chaos Chronicles, Project Eternity, Torment: Tides of Numenera, Divinity: Original Sin, Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar, Dead State and Age of Decadence to come out.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#520 Young_Charter
The poll has been up there for weeks. I am going to take it down and make a new one. .
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#521 Young_Charter
its up. . . check it out.
Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#522 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

Sora (KH) | Zidane (FF9) | Tidus (FF10)

just cause of Zidane ;)

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#523 Young_Charter

just cause of Zidane ;)

Sweenix
I can't remember what anime that is called in your sig (with Taiga) but it was one of my favorite anime.
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#524 roboccs
I listened to part of the Chrono Cross soundtrack yesterday while working (because I'm that cool :P ) and all I can say is holy #%*& is it a masterpiece! Makes me want to get back into it! And yes, the Mass Effect story has me right now. I know how it goes cuz I've played ME2 but it's great to see how it unfolded. And even though the combat is kind of clunky, it does have more of the "RPG" feel to it. I also got sucked into Kirby's Adventure too... So much awsomeness in my gaming world :)
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#525 roboccs
Oh almost forgot, is the poll a tag team style match or survivor series rules? :P I don't know much about Dart but a team with Cloud and Squall would be tough to beat. Tidus is not my favorite protagonist. Throw Lloyd Irving from Tales of Synphonia on there instead of Dart and we have a dream team!
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#526 Young_Charter
[QUOTE="roboccs"]Oh almost forgot, is the poll a tag team style match or survivor series rules? :P I don't know much about Dart but a team with Cloud and Squall would be tough to beat. Tidus is not my favorite protagonist. Throw Lloyd Irving from Tales of Synphonia on there instead of Dart and we have a dream team!

It's pretty much 5 groups with 3 party members each going against each one another. So instead of having 5 characters going against each other when it's a probability that one is going to get the most votes because of this game being a best seller and so on, I decided to do it this way so there is a challenge in deciding who to vote on. ;)
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#527 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
I need a new JRPG for my PS3. I already played the FFXIIIs, Star Ocean the Last Hope, Tales of Graces, and Ar Tonelico (which I didn't like.). I could use some recommendations, my friends :)
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#528 roboccs
I need a new JRPG for my PS3. I already played the FFXIIIs, Star Ocean the Last Hope, Tales of Graces, and Ar Tonelico (which I didn't like.). I could use some recommendations, my friends :)bbkkristian
Ni No Kuni was supposedly really good but I never played it. Your best bet if you haven't played them before is to download the PS1 classics from the PS Store. I have Final Fantasies 7-9, Xenogears, and Chrono Cross. There are a few others on there as well. The ones I can think of that are said to be classics that I haven't played yet are Grandia and Wild Arms... I'm sure there are more but I can't think of them right now.
Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#529 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

[QUOTE="Sweenix"]

just cause of Zidane ;)

Young_Charter

I can't remember what anime that is called in your sig (with Taiga) but it was one of my favorite anime.

toradora? :)

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#530 Young_Charter

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="Sweenix"]

just cause of Zidane ;)

Sweenix

toradora? :)

yessss :D
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#531 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
Anything with LoL wins your lame @ass poll. :P
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#532 Young_Charter
Anything with LoL wins your lame @ass poll. :Pstarwarsjunky
:P
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#534 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"]Anything with LoL wins your lame @ass poll. :PYoung_Charter

well its true. LoL=best ps1 game ;)
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#535 bbkkristian
Hearing lots of SMT soundtracks lately, so please ATLUS, Digital Devil Saga 3 on PlayStation "4"!01_855403
The arranged soundtrack that came with SMT Devil Summoner Soul Hackers is so awesome; each track was worth listening to in the CD. :D
Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#536 Texas2089
[QUOTE="01_855403"]Hearing lots of SMT soundtracks lately, so please ATLUS, Digital Devil Saga 3 on PlayStation "4"!bbkkristian
The arranged soundtrack that came with SMT Devil Summoner Soul Hackers is so awesome; each track was worth listening to in the CD. :D

Pretty much every SMT OST is awesome. Shoji Meguro has steadily become one of my favorite composers. I'm really looking forward to the soundtrack CD they're including with SMT IV that's supposed to feature tracks from across the entire SMT universe. Basically a collection of the most awesome SMT tracks of all time.
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#537 Young_Charter
[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="starwarsjunky"]Anything with LoL wins your lame @ass poll. :Pstarwarsjunky

well its true. LoL=best ps1 game ;)

it was awesome. Great combo battle system.
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#538 bbkkristian
[QUOTE="bbkkristian"][QUOTE="01_855403"]Hearing lots of SMT soundtracks lately, so please ATLUS, Digital Devil Saga 3 on PlayStation "4"!Texas2089

Pretty much every SMT OST is awesome. Shoji Meguro has steadily become one of my favorite composers. I'm really looking forward to the soundtrack CD they're including with SMT IV that's supposed to feature tracks from across the entire SMT universe. Basically a collection of the most awesome SMT tracks of all time.

:o That reminds me, I gotta preorder it!
Blazed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#539 Blazed
Member since 2005 • 2947 Posts

How is Chorono Trigger on the playstaiton? Is it better than snes version. Thought I'd buy it on psn and check it out..

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#540 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

How is Chorono Trigger on the playstaiton? Is it better than snes version. Thought I'd buy it on psn and check it out..

Blazed

From what I understand the PS1 version has longer loading times, otherwise it's the same game.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#541 roboccs
Interesting... Tales of Symphonia for the GameCube being remade for the PS3... I already throught the game was perfect but will be interested to see how this turns out.
Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#542 Texas2089
Interesting... Tales of Symphonia for the GameCube being remade for the PS3... I already throught the game was perfect but will be interested to see how this turns out.roboccs
Sounds good. Hopefully it comes out here as well. I already have both ToS games lined up to play on Dolphin this summer leading into Tales of Xillia, but will gladly support any Tales game that gets released in the States.
Lucky_Krystal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#543 Lucky_Krystal
Member since 2011 • 1390 Posts

I bought Tales of the Abyss for the 3DS a while ago and I'm playing through it right now. To anyone who's played a good number of the Tales games, I was wondering where you think Abyss ranks in terms of quality, compared to the other games.

Also, I'm really enjoying the game, so I'd happily buy any Tales games that come stateside from now on. Especially if its on the PS3 :D

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#544 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

I bought Tales of the Abyss for the 3DS a while ago and I'm playing through it right now. To anyone who's played a good number of the Tales games, I was wondering where you think Abyss ranks in terms of quality, compared to the other games.

Also, I'm really enjoying the game, so I'd happily buy any Tales games that come stateside from now on. Especially if its on the PS3 :D

Lucky_Krystal

It's arguably the best in terms of story and character development (specifically Luke).

Graces F has the best combat (but worst story).

Vesperia has the best protagonist and you could argue best story but the combat is a bit slow and clunky compared to others.

Symphonia is a healthy balance and personally my favorite. It's a bit of a safe pick. Some of the later twists in the story are a bit obvious but overall a good game.

Chances are if you enjoyed one Tales you'd enjoy them all.

Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#545 Zensword
Member since 2007 • 4510 Posts
I'm playing Graces F, I'm loving it so far so I bought Abyss for 3DS. Tales of is the first JRPG series I like, mostly due to the awesome combat. Also I just got Radiant Historia for DS as the combat seems unique and fun although I generally hate turn based combat.
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#546 Young_Charter
I need to catch up on those. I remember when I had Tales of Destiny
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#548 roboccs
Aren't Eternia and Destiny II the same thing?
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#549 Young_Charter
perhaps
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#550 roboccs
I haven't been following Tales of Xillia news that closely but I'm guessing some of you are... When the game was first released and people imported it, there were a lot of people complaining that the game was "rushed" or felt incomplete... Has Namco said anything about any changes or improvements to the game when it is localized here?