The ratings for PSP games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cobra1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Cobra1010
Member since 2005 • 934 Posts

Just wondering why the ratings for psp games are so low. Does gamespot compare the games to other consoles or what or do they compare the games to PS1 graphics since the psp is parallel to that. There are some decent games but ratings are really low, it confuses me.

Avatar image for paperdollparade
paperdollparade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 paperdollparade
Member since 2007 • 1915 Posts

Ya ratings are low for psp games. I really haven't agreed with many scores for psp games, with both games that scored low and many others that scored high.

kdawg88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kdawg88
Member since 2009 • 2923 Posts
I've always thought it was a bit weird, but thinking about the games I own and their reviews, I'd say they are about right. It could be a little bit jaded because it's the first handheld system to support decent 3D engines, and people (reviewers and developers alike) aren't really used to that kind of technology being portable. I don't know, it's just a theory, but again, I do think PSP games get the ratings they ought to.
jedinat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 jedinat
Member since 2003 • 3560 Posts

If you want to see higher scores go over to IGN. They've given Editor's Choice to more than three times the PSP games Gamespot has.

Even though IGN is sometimes more generous than they should be, I find they are a much better source of PSP reviews... not least because GS misses so many games, and those they do review are often very late.

JohnnyWPSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#5 JohnnyWPSP
Member since 2009 • 1895 Posts

The PSP graphics arent parallel to PS1. There parallel to PS2 and almost WII.

Gamespot always compares PSP games with console games.

kumunga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kumunga
Member since 2005 • 196 Posts

The PSP graphics arent parallel to PS1. There parallel to PS2 and almost WII.

Gamespot always compares PSP games with console games.

JohnnyWPSP

Which is really dumb cause it is a portable system it should be compared to other portable system. obviously games will never look or play better on a portable so yeah