The PSP Gets Hexyz Force In May

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lcw0810883

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 lcw0810883
Member since 2007 • 530 Posts

Sorry if old.

Found this in Kotaku.

With a name like Hexyz Force, it can only be some sort of Japanese RPG being released for the North American PSP by Atlus, the company that brought us Yggdra Union.

Hexyz Force (pronounced "I have no idea, perhaps Hex-ees?), is a Japanese RPG being released for the PSP on May 25th by Atlus, so if your assumption matched mine, you score 2 points. Developed by Sting of Riviera, Yggdra Union, and Knights in the Nightmare. Hexyz Force is a traditional RPG featuring two different campaigns. Players can choose to play as the young cleric Cecilia or the elite knight Levant as they attempt to save their world from impending doom.

Judging from these screens the game looks gorgeous for a 3D PSP RPG, with more than 20 minutes of anime cutscenes for those of you who prefer a flatter sort of art. They also boast virtually no loading times in their official announcement, which would be lovely. We'll see how that works out when Hexyz Force hits retail and the PlayStation Store this spring.

For more information, visit http://www.atlus.com/hexyzforce.

Here are some pictures:

cookie_on_fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#2 cookie_on_fire
Member since 2008 • 15872 Posts
Yeah I've seen it, looks promising. With the current (pretty sad) selection of JRPGs available for the PSP, hopefully it'll be good.
IPwnNooBs666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 IPwnNooBs666
Member since 2007 • 1425 Posts

Thanks for the info. Definitely picking up this game for sure.

damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 damann22
Member since 2004 • 7655 Posts

looks like jean d'arc, if its just as good then im sold

psycheese657

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 psycheese657
Member since 2009 • 217 Posts
Yeah I've seen it, looks promising. With the current (pretty sad) selection of JRPGs available for the PSP, hopefully it'll be good.cookie_on_fire
just go to the PSN and download FFVII, FFVIII, and FF: Tactics if u need some JRPG
cookie_on_fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 cookie_on_fire
[QUOTE="cookie_on_fire"]Yeah I've seen it, looks promising. With the current (pretty sad) selection of JRPGs available for the PSP, hopefully it'll be good.psycheese657
just go to the PSN and download FFVII, FFVIII, and FF: Tactics if u need some JRPG

Oh I already have them all for PS1. I'm talking about PSP exclusives.
psycheese657

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 psycheese657
Member since 2009 • 217 Posts
[QUOTE="psycheese657"][QUOTE="cookie_on_fire"]Yeah I've seen it, looks promising. With the current (pretty sad) selection of JRPGs available for the PSP, hopefully it'll be good.cookie_on_fire

Oh I already have them all for PS1. I'm talking about PSP exclusives.

ight I just want some "Tales of" games to show up. thats a pretty dec series
cookie_on_fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cookie_on_fire
[QUOTE="psycheese657"] I just want some "Tales of" games to show up. thats a pretty dec series

Don't think that's too likely... The older ones (like Eternia and such) are impossible, while Tales of World 2 and Tales of VS are unlikely. I hope for either or both of the two though... And I also doubt any PS1 Tales game would appear in PSN :(
travisstaggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 travisstaggs
Member since 2008 • 10562 Posts
[QUOTE="cookie_on_fire"][QUOTE="psycheese657"] I just want some "Tales of" games to show up. thats a pretty dec series

Don't think that's too likely... The older ones (like Eternia and such) are impossible, while Tales of World 2 and Tales of VS are unlikely. I hope for either or both of the two though... And I also doubt any PS1 Tales game would appear in PSN :(

Tales of Eternia was released in NA but was called "Tales of Destiny 2" instead for the Ps1.Why does Japan get so many exclusive Tales of games? Is it licensing issues or something?
cookie_on_fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 cookie_on_fire
I know. Europe did get Eternia on the PSP though. Wonder why. I could be wrong, but I don't think the fanbase for Tales series is all that great here in the US (especially for the older ones), despite what people may think. It only recently gained more popularity thanks to Abyss and Vesperia. Although as for PSN, I'd much rather see Tales of Destiny than Wild Arms for example.