The PSP 2 will be such a mess

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nismology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 Nismology
Member since 2009 • 649 Posts

I hope this is not true:

http://www.made2game.com/2010/08/24/rumour-psp-2-set-to-be-announced/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things I dont want on the PSP 2:

-A Phone

-A Camera

-Gimmiky touch controls on the back

-Games that are download only, the PSP Go is a failure, precisely for this reason, and it's massive price.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things I do want on the PSP 2:

-Dual Analogue Sticks

-BACKWARDS COMPATABILITY

-Nice, smooth graphics, but they don't need to be thatgood, The DS has outsold the PSP by miles, and it has awful graphics.

-Priced to compete with the 3DS, no ones gonna buy it if it costs £500

-Refined UMD drive

-Better shoulder buttons

-Keep the XMB interface, its neat.

This is my opinion, respond with a +1 if you agree with me

digimonkey12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 digimonkey12
Member since 2009 • 1851 Posts

Except for this is not the PSP2 if you ask me ! btw I recently bought the X10 close to nearly 450£ and if this truly is Sonys next PSP gen then watch me buy it ;O) ...

CrankyStorming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 CrankyStorming
Member since 2010 • 223 Posts

Why would you want Sony Computer Entertainment's next handheld to be disc-based? It would just mean it would eat up batteries and you would spend most of the time waiting for games to load. All-download games could certainly work if it uses a faster wi-fi module.

None of this looks true. For one, why would they go down the graphical route again when it's already proven not to equal market share?

Avatar image for 194197844077667059316682358889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 194197844077667059316682358889
Member since 2003 • 49173 Posts

Why would you want Sony Computer Entertainment's next handheld to be disc-based? It would just mean it would eat up batteries and you would spend most of the time waiting for games to load. All-download games could certainly work if it uses a faster wi-fi module.

None of this looks true. For one, why would they go down the graphical route again when it's already proven not to equal market share?

CrankyStorming
Also, the fact that his source credits this to a completely anonymous tipster means that there is less than no reason to assume any validity
calebcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 calebcop
Member since 2009 • 889 Posts

I hope this is not true:

-A Phone

-A Camera

-Gimmiky touch controls on the back

-Games that are download only, the PSP Go is a failure, precisely for this reason, and it's massive price.

-Dual Analogue Sticks

-BACKWARDS COMPATABILITY

-Nice, smooth graphics, but they don't need to be thatgood, The DS has outsold the PSP by miles, and it has awful graphics.

-Priced to compete with the 3DS, no ones gonna buy it if it costs £500

-Refined UMD drive

-Better shoulder buttons

-Keep the XMB interface, its neat.

Nismology

You do have some good points. But I think that why the DS has sold far more systems is because it is family friendly. I mean, if you were going to buy a 5 year old a portable gameing system, and he's not allowed to play anything but Everyone games, would you choose the PSP? Probably not.

Nismology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Nismology

You do have some good points. But I think that why the DS has sold far more systems is because it is family friendly. I mean, if you were going to buy a 5 year old a portable gameing system, and he's not allowed to play anything but Everyone games, would you choose the PSP? Probably not.

calebcop

Fair point, so thats perhaps what sony need to be aiming at for their next PSP console, a piece of hardware that is innovative, new and exciting, but is still accessible to people of all ages, with more games aimed at the younger market.

damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 damann22
Member since 2004 • 7655 Posts

i hope thats not true either because those guys at 3xG are HUGE *blankity-blank blank* and should *blank blank* their mothers

DaAlienMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#8 DaAlienMan
Member since 2008 • 1076 Posts
[QUOTE="Nismology"]

link is non existent. 404 not found
FoShizzle17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FoShizzle17
Member since 2006 • 2170 Posts

To be successful, sony needs to open up the PSP to custom games and apps. Yes, I'm talking about homebrew. Right now you have to hack your psp just to run some custom games. Everyone should be able to play these and make these, not just hackers.

Just look at how successful the iphone is with its whole app system. Anyone can create an app, it's awesome.

Lauryn2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#10 Lauryn2000
Member since 2005 • 2582 Posts

Enough with the hardware.............where are the freaking games?

Yesterday while shopping at Target,stopped in the game section.Purchased Liberty City:China Town Wars because it was on sale for $19.99
I was going to get Assassin's Creed for the PSP but went with Grand Theft.I haven't brought a PSP game in awhile......games please?

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

My only problem with my psp is "it doesn't have dual analog sticks."

Avatar image for 194197844077667059316682358889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 194197844077667059316682358889
Member since 2003 • 49173 Posts
[QUOTE="DaAlienMan"][QUOTE="Nismology"]

link is non existent. 404 not found

Unsurprising, since the rumor report also said that the announcement would be made yesterday
Nismology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Nismology

My only problem with my psp is "it doesn't have dual analog sticks."

Terrencec06

TBH, I'm fine with the current design of PSP also, but if sony are planning to release a PSP 2, I just hope they keep it a 'pure' gaming system, rather than adding phones, cameras, toasters etc...

DaAlienMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DaAlienMan

To be successful, sony needs to open up the PSP to custom games and apps. Yes, I'm talking about homebrew. Right now you have to hack your psp just to run some custom games. Everyone should be able to play these and make these, not just hackers.

Just look at how successful the iphone is with its whole app system. Anyone can create an app, it's awesome

exactly, you have to have cfw just to play homebrew games plus apps. they should just make an app store like apple. monitor the apps that come in (no exploits work arounds included in the app) and release it to the public..this alone, pisses me off with sony

and for whatever reason the whole quote thing blocked ur name out :[

JohnnyWPSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#15 JohnnyWPSP
Member since 2009 • 1895 Posts

Your absolutely right.

ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ThePlothole
Member since 2007 • 11515 Posts

Touch controls have the potential to open the system up to genres that otherwise wouldn't work well with buttons and analog sticks alone. So I disagree with you on that point.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18800 Posts
I also dont see why a offical PSP2 should be a phone aswell. Not only they should add a second stick, L2/R2 should be included aswell.
ner38073

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ner38073
Member since 2010 • 120 Posts
Will too soon be getting out of control but we need to be prepared.
DaAlienMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DaAlienMan
Will too soon be getting out of control but we need to be prepared.ner38073
yea I'm bracing myself for a total crap device, no lie
PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18800 Posts
Will too soon be getting out of control but we need to be prepared.ner38073
What u must prepared for, the best or the worst?
tekken220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 tekken220
Member since 2008 • 5105 Posts

I hope this is not true:

-A Phone Agreed.

-A Camera Disagree. I'd rather have a built-in camera on the PSP than having to buy a camera thing that sits on top of the handheld.

-Gimmiky touch controls on the back Touch controls on the back? What's that supposed to mean?

-Games that are download only, the PSP Go is a failure, precisely for this reason, and it's massive price. Haters gotta hate :P

-Dual Analogue Sticks Agree

-BACKWARDS COMPATABILITY Agree

-Nice, smooth graphics, but they don't need to be thatgood, The DS has outsold the PSP by miles, and it has awful graphics. Oh please, the 3DS is just as powerful as the PS2 now in terms of graphics, so can't the next PSP get something better than PS2 graphics but not as good as the PS3's?

-Priced to compete with the 3DS, no ones gonna buy it if it costs And what's that price equal to in dollars? :P

-Refined UMD drive Oh God no, UMDs are awful pieces of **** that eats way too much battery power.

-Better shoulder buttons Agree

-Keep the XMB interface, its neat. Nah, I'd rather have the PS3's improved XMB interface on the PSP

Nismology

In other words, -1.

Nismology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Nismology

[QUOTE="Nismology"]

I hope this is not true:

-A Phone Agreed.

-A Camera Disagree. I'd rather have a built-in camera on the PSP than having to buy a camera thing that sits on top of the handheld.

-Gimmiky touch controls on the back Touch controls on the back? What's that supposed to mean?

-Games that are download only, the PSP Go is a failure, precisely for this reason, and it's massive price. Haters gotta hate :P

-Nice, smooth graphics, but they don't need to be thatgood, The DS has outsold the PSP by miles, and it has awful graphics. Oh please, the 3DS is just as powerful as the PS2 now in terms of graphics, so can't the next PSP get something better than PS2 graphics but not as good as the PS3's? Did I say 3DS ?

-Priced to compete with the 3DS, no ones gonna buy it if it costs And what's that price equal to in dollars? :P

-Refined UMD drive Oh God no, UMDs are awful pieces of **** that eats way too much battery power.

-Keep the XMB interface, its neat. Nah, I'd rather have the PS3's improved XMB interface on the PSP

tekken220

In other words, -1.

Thats fine, everyones entitled to their opinion

There have been several rumors that the next PSP will feature some kind of touch controls, maybe in the form of a trackpad on the back of the device, like the motorola backflip. I was voicing my opinion that this would be unnecessary and annoying to use in most types of video game.

DaAlienMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DaAlienMan
[QUOTE="tekken220"]

[QUOTE="Nismology"]

I hope this is not true:

-A Phone Agreed.

-Nice, smooth graphics, but they don't need to be thatgood, The DS has outsold the PSP by miles, and it has awful graphics. Oh please, the 3DS is just as powerful as the PS2 now in terms of graphics, so can't the next PSP get something better than PS2 graphics but not as good as the PS3's?

In other words, -1.

I agree with almost all of this(as in what tekken wrote). Except I don't care about BC, I have all my UMD's here and a PSP 1000 that i'll never trade in..BC is just going to make the device cost more..not to mention that god awful UMD Drive will make a comeback..
thehunter1900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 thehunter1900
Member since 2010 • 309 Posts
well i saw the 3ds basicly in rl. the metal gear solid version of the 3DS was way beyond the ps2 already throught graphics. in order to make the psp 2 interresting for me: huge grahpical update huge increase on display pixels. 3D for sure, once i saw it on the e3, and i fired up my old ds/psp it felt so empty. 3D movie playback Radio station while playing old psp games should be playable downloadable content archievements optional same nice new pro gimmick on it atleast a battery life of 10+ hours ( my most important one ) catridges because of fast loading ( new psp2 mediums ) game downloads on da internets flash games playable on da internets webbrowsing on da internets skyping on da internets webcam chatten trhought the intenret smaller sized 3000 psp model. a non scratchable screen + non scratchable outside 2x analoge controllers better back buttons. more buttons
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#25 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts

Why do people keep suggesting 3D? The one thing that makes me like Sony better if that they don't copy everything that Nintendo does. Not that I think they will introduce 3D, but with so many people suggesting it, I'm afraid they'll seriously consider it.

thehunter1900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 thehunter1900
Member since 2010 • 309 Posts

Why do people keep suggesting 3D? The one thing that makes me like Sony better if that they don't copy everything that Nintendo does. Not that I think they will introduce 3D, but with so many people suggesting it, I'm afraid they'll seriously consider it.

Granpire
Because 3D works really well, and i dont concider 3D as something that is from nintendo, its just as a color screen. Does this mean if you apply a screen with colors to a handheld, that you are copying the one that did it before. not in my opinion. I rather do see 3D, because it adds ALOT towards the games / movies.
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#27 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts

Because 3D works really well, and i dont concider 3D as something that is from nintendo, its just as a color screen. Does this mean if you apply a screen with colors to a handheld, that you are copying the one that did it before. not in my opinion. I rather do see 3D, because it adds ALOT towards the games / movies.thehunter1900
Some people think that, like colour screens, 3D will become commonplace in the future. I don't know whether or not this is true, but personally, I see 3D as a gimmick, one that, in the end, doesn't have that much to offer. Sure, seeing 3D is cool for a few times, but I'm not going to buy a brand-new TV just for 3D, and even if I still think seeing the PSP in 3D would be great, I think it's just an unnecessary extra expense. If I'm going to be spending more on the second PSP than the 3DS, then I don't want another clone. I want superior graphics and more features, not gimmicks like touch screens and 3D. Sure, Sony can implement perks, but only as long as they leave the price of the device affordable enough and the design professional enough.

DaAlienMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DaAlienMan
[QUOTE="thehunter1900"][QUOTE="Granpire"]

Because 3D works really well, and i dont concider 3D as something that is from nintendo, its just as a color screen. Does this mean if you apply a screen with colors to a handheld, that you are copying the one that did it before. not in my opinion. I rather do see 3D, because it adds ALOT towards the games / movies.

Sony does what Nintendon't. sorry had to :P
dunny55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 dunny55
Member since 2007 • 819 Posts
if they make a psp phone at least make a non-phone version. if it runs android i guess that would be ok. it will most likely download only. in the portable market, downloading seems the way to go or maybe go back to cartridges(no loading, i think)
LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LongZhiZi
Member since 2009 • 2453 Posts
I definitely do not want to the see the PSP2 with a UMD drive. Why support a dead format? I think it'd be great of the kept BC for digital versions, but do not bog down the PSP2 with a crappy UMD drive. I'd like to see a phone and non-phone model. I'd seriously consider picking up the phone version, but it's not super-critical. I'm mixed on the touchscreen controls on the back of the device. On one hand, it could lead to some interesting gameplay ideas. On the other hand, one thing I love to do with my Go is hook it up to the TV with a PS3 controller. If it had this weird touchscreen controls, that really wouldn't be a possibility.
mong78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mong78
Member since 2010 • 198 Posts

Fair point, so thats perhaps what sony need to be aiming at for their next PSP console, a piece of hardware that is innovative, new and exciting, but is still accessible to people of all ages, with more games aimed at the younger market.

Nismology

No, they don't want to market to a younger audience - that's what the DS is for.

Not keen on seeing titles the likes of spastic plumbers and pokemon on PSP..

batars96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 batars96
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
PLZZ someone help mee !!!!!!!!!!!!! http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=27431749&tag=topics%3Btitle
kipohippo021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#33 kipohippo021
Member since 2010 • 3895 Posts
I agree with the op, but add no umd's.
HaLoMaStErJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 HaLoMaStErJT
Member since 2008 • 1380 Posts

The psp 2 should be backwards compatible. Instead of using a disk based media it should use memory sticks or micro SDs.

blacktorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35 blacktorn
Member since 2004 • 8299 Posts
well having a phone in a psp would mean i don't need to carry a phone,however i not sure id like to take my psp everywhere with me for my main calling device,it's bit of a mixed bag,however if sony just release a phone that can play psp games then how is that a bad thing?