The PS4 is awesome! Only issue is the wait for more games.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ghstbstr
Member since 2006 • 8790 Posts

I do have to say that the PS4 is awesome!

The wait for new games seems to be too far away from the launch of the PS4. It is like 2 or 3 months later after the release there is another game that will come out. That is way too long for a release of a new game for a new console.

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

It's really not so bad, they launched with quite a few games.

Do not still have your last gen console or something?

RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 RossRichard
Member since 2007 • 3738 Posts

Good libraries take years to build. It took PS3 a couple of years to get a few games worth playing, look at the library PS3 has now.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

Im playing PS4 fof my first time at my bros house, and its saying he needs a PlayStation plus account to play the new call of duty ?

RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RossRichard
Member since 2007 • 3738 Posts

@LexLas said:

Im playing PS4 fof my first time at my bros house, and its saying he needs a PlayStation plus account to play the new call of duty ?

If he wants to play online, yes.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#6 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Driveclub, Watch Dogs, inFamous, Dragon Age, The Order, etc are all coming this year, so don't worry

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

@RossRichard said:

@LexLas said:

If he wants to play online, yes.

Tell him to look in the box of stuff the PS4 came with, there's probably a free 7 day card in there.

Sargamatha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Sargamatha
Member since 2013 • 29 Posts

Reason why I don't bother buying ps4 yet.

1. Expensive

2. Crap games

Ahiru-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#9  Edited By Ahiru-San
Member since 2006 • 1375 Posts

Killzone, Knack. and Resogun. the only exclusives at launch day I can think of. and none that impressive enough to justify the purchase. the whole other bunch of games are either "HD remake" or just ports/multiplatform stuff...

really, if people are crazy about getting a PS4, just wait until March or so… no reason to grab one while it's "out of stock" everywhere… you can play most of the games it has right now in any other platform out there...

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#10 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@ghstbstr said:

I do have to say that the PS4 is awesome!

The wait for new games seems to be too far away from the launch of the PS4. It is like 2 or 3 months later after the release there is another game that will come out. That is way too long for a release of a new game for a new console.

I feel ya, but history has shown that this is normal for any console launch. Just like someone else said, you still got your last-gen library of games also.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

@sargamatha: people like u irritate me. If u aren't interested in getting the ps4 don't comment. This is a post on positive vibes. Nba 2k14 alone is worth ps4 or xbox one purchase and people who don't like b ball games like it. Yes the plethora of games aren't out yet and watch fog and drive club would have made the launch a whole lot better but I am happy I got the system. I sold my ps3 anyway while it still works sincce I had the original fat one with the crazy loud fan. A friend of mine fat ps3 conked out and we g it ours the same time plus I am out of debt so I can afford to buy it. Ps4 isn't expensive so u must be broke. The old ps3 was not worth $600 with the lack of games. Least with ps4 the camera was optional and even if u bought it which I did u save $40 over xbox one and $200 cheaper than ps 3. Ps4 games will roll out with a lot better games then the time it took for ps3 to get good games.

The horizon is much brighter for the camera features and the Psn plus features to compete with xbox one. It doesn't have t o match xbox one just in the ball park. Ps4 is a lot smaller sleaker and better performing system than ps3 by far and graphics will be a major leap forward by even next yr and looks better now with much easier to program like a pc for programmers.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@sargamatha said:

Reason why I don't bother buying ps4 yet.

1. Expensive

2. Crap games

If you aren't playing AC 4 on PS4 (or PC), then you aren't even playing a version worth playing. It's worth price of purchase just being able to play the best console versions of BF4, AC4, NBA 2k14, etc. - it's leagues beyond the current consoles. It's difficult to touch PS3 games after playing PS4 games.