The Order 1886 sequel ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

Edited By MarcRecon

Poll The Order 1886 sequel ? (12 votes)

it wasn't perfect, but it was ok! why not? 75%
Nope, I can just watch a movie! 17%
Not sure. 8%

This hasn't been confirmed, but an industry insider says that there's a sequel to The Order in the works.

I don't see why not!"YES" The game was far from perfect, it wasn't innovative, it was to short and I'm sure people can go on and on about how unimpressive it was! But let's be honest and throw all the fanboy nonesense out the window...The Order is just a reflection of the industry standard! So to trash it, would only mean we should trash all the other big name tittles on the market.

They baited us with Titan Fall, Destiny, Rise and now The Order! I wouldn't mind giving the devs another chance for these tittles "IF" they can correct the flaws and lack of innovation in these games.

We spoke to them through our purchasing power, because the sales of these games have not lived up to their expectations! I'm sure they get the message and will focus on putting more quality into their efforts.

• 
raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Hey ! I do like Titanfall ya know ( funny that you mention it, I was playing it before leaving to work ), Destiny ? won´t get any sequel in the future, The Order ? weeeeellll, I haven´t played it yet.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@raugutcon said:

Hey ! I do like Titanfall ya know ( funny that you mention it, I was playing it before leaving to work ), Destiny ? won´t get any sequel in the future, The Order ? weeeeellll, I haven´t played it yet.

The Order isn't anything overwhelming special, but is there really anything on the market that is? It does a few things right as far as gameplay, but the lack of player control in general is really what's hurting the game.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

So if we pay another $60 at some later date when we will finally have a full 10 hour game?

-Byshop

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MarcRecon

@Byshop:

lol, so was your issue with the quality of the game or the length?

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I haven't beat it yet but I've been enjoying it. I'd be up for a sequel.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@MarcRecon said:

@Byshop:

lol, so was your issue with the quality of the game or the length?

I haven't played it yet. I was just taking a jab at its length. Honestly, I don't think that 5 hours automatically disqualifies a game as being worth full price admission if the game is worthwhile, but I'm not big on shooters of any kind so I'll probably wait on this one.

-Byshop

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#7 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

i would want to see a sequel

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MarcRecon

@Byshop:

Oh ok, I'm on chapter 5 and I know I've put at least 3-4hrs into the game already! So I guess the playthrough for most people will be different....unless your doing a speedrun.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

@MarcRecon:

The lack oc player control is a big issue. The other issues like lack of control fighting the scarce amount of lycans is another problem. There are 5 scenes with lycans and out if the 5 2 times until fight uninspiring elder lycans. Too many times you can't even use your gun while being forced to walk and non innovative game design. The shooting mechanics were solid but uninspired. Thd game has no genuine incentives to replay othef than those trophy hunting fanatics. I bought the game and immediately traded in before it's worth nothing in value. The game set up a sequel and hope they get it right the second time.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MarcRecon

@ewalthour said:

@MarcRecon:

The lack oc player control is a big issue. The other issues like lack of control fighting the scarce amount of lycans is another problem. There are 5 scenes with lycans and out if the 5 2 times until fight uninspiring elder lycans. Too many times you can't even use your gun while being forced to walk and non innovative game design. The shooting mechanics were solid but uninspired. Thd game has no genuine incentives to replay othef than those trophy hunting fanatics. I bought the game and immediately traded in before it's worth nothing in value. The game set up a sequel and hope they get it right the second time.

I'm pretty much in agreement with most of what you said and that's why I made this thread. The Order isn't perfect, but I think it's a good foundation to build on at least.

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts

The setting for the order is there. I enjoyed it but admit there are some flaws to the game. If they added more gameplay and were less reliant to the cutscenes then it could be great. Plus we need more lycans. Not enough lycan fights in the game and would really like a proper lycan boss fight involving the weapons and not QTE's. Plus make the game longer and at least add coop. This game screams coop multiplayer play.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

Why not i like the order 1886