the orange box port

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jackdaniel594

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 jackdaniel594
Member since 2009 • 131 Posts

ive been strongly considering buying the prange box, mainly for TF2, bu ive heard a lot about the PS3 versions faults. Is it really that bad? i have an xbox, but im not paying for my online so thats ruled out, and i dont play PC games, so PS3 is the only version.. it got 9/10 on gamespot, and that is by no means a bad score.. is it that bad that its not worth getting?

JKnaperek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 JKnaperek
Member since 2006 • 2023 Posts
It is by far one of the best purchases I've made for my PS3. TF2 captured more playtime than any other game I've played and I find it more enjoyable than any of the most recent shooters. And aside from TF2 which alone is amazing, you also get Half-Life2 and Portal. Both were extremely engaging, fun games to play. Those that bash the PS3 version are just people who would usually complain about anything over the internet.
tommyas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tommyas
Member since 2007 • 2594 Posts
I dont have the OB but at ign the review says loading times are horrible. Particularly in Portal, they mentioned 17 seconds after dying. That sounds very bad imo.
Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts

It's not bad, but it's just soooooooooo much better on the PC. All Valve games should be played on the PC since they're supported best there. TF2 on the PC gets all kinds of crazy updates pretty frequently and I highly doubt the PS3 has very many of the updates, if any. I know it's not on the PS3, but Left 4 Dead is a perfect example of why Valve games are better on the PC. They get all the DLC for free that the 360 owners have to pay for. Plus the game is $10 cheaper to start with anyway.

So if you have a decent PC (it doesn't even have to be great) you should get it for the PC. If you don't, it's still a great game. Half-Life 2 is my favorite game of all time and Portal is hilarious :D

atc-fanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 atc-fanatic
Member since 2009 • 973 Posts

i use to own ob on the 360 i also beat all episodes and put over 50 hrs into tf2 on xbox live .the differences betwwen the 360&ps3 is the framerate is more unstable on the ps3. and the colors are darker and washed out on the ps3&load times longer also.the ps3 version of ob is still good and playable. the ps3 port only seems really bad if you played the 360 version first!! and then went to the ps3 version and see how ea screwed up on the port but its still a great game on the ps3 and its still playable.

chrisPperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#6 chrisPperson
Member since 2008 • 1393 Posts
They're significantly better on other platforms, but unless you've played it on those platforms, you won't find them horrifyingly bad. They are quite easy to ignore when playing the game, but if you've played the PC or X360 version, they are not.
mopi666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mopi666
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Yep I've read bad reviews too and received bad feedbacks. However, these were from those who played the PC version which is the top. I believe that if we've haven't played the PC version we certainly appreciate TF2. What the hell am I saying? Go buy a computer and start playing with mouse / keyboard!!! Nothing can equal the precision and the feeling you get.
tommyas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tommyas

[QUOTE="tommyas"]I dont have the OB but at ign the review says loading times are horrible. Particularly in Portal, they mentioned 17 seconds after dying. That sounds very bad imo. CDuG

OMG 17 seconds!! That's almost 1/3 of a minute that you will NEVER HAVE AGAIN!!!!

Spoiled. Effing. Gamers.

Well you can die pretty often in OB and Portal is partly about trial and error. If you have to wait around 17 seconds each time on ps3 then something is wrong. And im not 'spoiled gamer'. I think Modnation Racers loadings arent that bad but here it seems too much. Ive played OB on PC and i cant imagine waiting that long after each death.
CDuG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 CDuG
Member since 2009 • 1946 Posts

Fair enough. I won't argue. I've never played the game and I shouldn't make assumptions about you.

I just noticed that every response I've been putting up in the last few minutes is pretty dick-ish. My bad...

tommyas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 tommyas
[QUOTE="CDuG"]

Fair enough. I won't argue. I've never played the game and I shouldn't make assumptions about you.

I just noticed that every response I've been putting up in the last few minutes is pretty dick-ish. My bad...

You should play it then :) Half Life 2 is amazing and those two episodes, especialy Episode 2, are even better. And Portal... Portal is one of the best games ive ever played, even though its rather short. That computer voice accompanying you is the best part of Portal. Just try it on PC if you can as thats easily the best version.
JacksonsGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 JacksonsGames
Member since 2009 • 123 Posts

This is certainly one of the best video game deals of all time. You get so much games. At first, I purchased this game just for Team Fortress 2, but after I attempted to play the other great games on the disc, I fell in love with them and realized what a great deal it is. You can purchase this game for 20 dollars at gamestop. I hope this helped :D

CDuG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CDuG
Member since 2009 • 1946 Posts

Its' on my wish list but I'll be getting the PS3 version when I do. I hate PC gaming because I hate having to upgrade my PC all the time and how frequently it crashes. Basically I hate the PC lol.