The official "What PSP should I get?" thread... keep it here.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mschaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 mschaos
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

I have a question - is it better to get a refurbished 1000 or a new 3000 at Gamestop? I've been hearing all the stuff about how 3000 has interlacing lines, but people keep flip-flopping as to if its really noticeable or not. Could someone please recommend me one and why? Also, how fragile ARE UMD's? Thanks in advance!

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#102 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts

I have a question - is it better to get a refurbished 1000 or a new 3000 at Gamestop? I've been hearing all the stuff about how 3000 has interlacing lines, but people keep flip-flopping as to if its really noticeable or not. Could someone please recommend me one and why? Also, how fragile ARE UMD's? Thanks in advance!

mschaos
Taking a look at one of the first posts might help, it compares all the features of the PSP models. The 1000 is still quite good, but the only obvious difference is the better quality of the casing and the size. It feels better than the slims, and it can take a great many drops before it breaks. It's much more durable than the slim models in general. The slims have a few new features, like brighter, more vibrant screens, USB charging, and a built-in mic in the 3000. If these features are worth a lot to you, you might want to get a 3000, but I think the differences are minimal, and I'm very happy with my 1000, which I've dropped countless times and it's still as strong as when I bought it. A friend of mine broke his 2000 just by dropping it a few times.
mschaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 mschaos

[QUOTE="mschaos"]

Granpire

Taking a look at one of the first posts might help, it compares all the features of the PSP models. The 1000 is still quite good, but the only obvious difference is the better quality of the casing and the size. It feels better than the slims, and it can take a great many drops before it breaks. It's much more durable than the slim models in general. The slims have a few new features, like brighter, more vibrant screens, USB charging, and a built-in mic in the 3000. If these features are worth a lot to you, you might want to get a 3000, but I think the differences are minimal, and I'm very happy with my 1000, which I've dropped countless times and it's still as strong as when I bought it. A friend of mine broke his 2000 just by dropping it a few times.

Thanks for the reply; also, is the interlacing issue something really noticeable? Haha now I'm leaning towards 1000 because of the durability, price and the screen (since people are saying that the 1000's screen is best?... At least in another thread).

deejaypsp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 deejaypsp
Member since 2010 • 274 Posts
The PSP3000 screen is just fine. I also own a 2000, but the screen on the 3000 "pops" alot better with more vivid colors. Originally I was concerned about the interlacing issue myself, but honestly after seeing it for myself, I've not had any negative impressions. All of the latest PSP bundles come with the 3000 model, and its highly recommended by myself and alot of other users...
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Granpire

Thanks for the reply; also, is the interlacing issue something really noticeable? Haha now I'm leaning towards 1000 because of the durability, price and the screen (since people are saying that the 1000's screen is best?... At least in another thread).

mschaos

No, that's not true, the colours of the 3000 are much more vibrant and the contrast is instantly noticeable when you use the vibrant colour option in the menu. As far as I'm concerned, the scanlines aren't noticeable. It's usually picky people that look for them and complain.

mmatthieu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 mmatthieu
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
i got psp 1000 and it work. (hes hacked) this the reason why i like psp 1000 ans 2000 u can hack it so u just dowload game.
mschaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 mschaos

[QUOTE="mschaos"]Thanks for the reply; also, is the interlacing issue something really noticeable? Haha now I'm leaning towards 1000 because of the durability, price and the screen (since people are saying that the 1000's screen is best?... At least in another thread).

Granpire

No, that's not true, the colours of the 3000 are much more vibrant and the contrast is instantly noticeable when you use the vibrant colour option in the menu. As far as I'm concerned, the scanlines aren't noticeable. It's usually picky people that look for them and complain.

hm kk. The only thing holding me back now from getting a 3000 are the durability thing and if its CFWable for some Bleach games (I'm planning to buy the Final Fantasy games and Disgaea though).

MatrixPhyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 MatrixPhyre
Member since 2009 • 59 Posts

[QUOTE="Granpire"]

[QUOTE="mschaos"]Thanks for the reply; also, is the interlacing issue something really noticeable? Haha now I'm leaning towards 1000 because of the durability, price and the screen (since people are saying that the 1000's screen is best?... At least in another thread).

mschaos

hm kk. The only thing holding me back now from getting a 3000 are the durability thing and if its CFWable for some Bleach games (I'm planning to buy the Final Fantasy games and Disgaea though).

What are you thinking of doing with it when you say "durability". The PSP3000 is pretty decent. I've accidentaly dropped it once or twice and nothing has broke. I would think you're not going to be dropping it on pavement or playing hackisack with it. And you'll probably want to put it in some sort of case anyways right? I would say you'd be better off with the 3000 if you were planning to do other stuff like watch movies, use the internet or Skype. Which is all available on the 3000.
WockaFlocka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 WockaFlocka
Member since 2010 • 173 Posts
[QUOTE="mschaos"]

[QUOTE="Granpire"] No, that's not true, the colours of the 3000 are much more vibrant and the contrast is instantly noticeable when you use the vibrant colour option in the menu. As far as I'm concerned, the scanlines aren't noticeable. It's usually picky people that look for them and complain.

MatrixPhyre

What are you thinking of doing with it when you say "durability". The PSP3000 is pretty decent. I've accidentaly dropped it once or twice and nothing has broke. I would think you're not going to be dropping it on pavement or playing hackisack with it. And you'll probably want to put it in some sort of case anyways right? I would say you'd be better off with the 3000 if you were planning to do other stuff like watch movies, use the internet or Skype. Which is all available on the 3000.

That's all possible on a 2000, too. ;)
mschaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 mschaos

Hmm... I think I'll end up getting a PSP 1000. It's cheaper on Amazon, and I'm only getting the PSP for games (not for any of the other features). Since I've played with a 1000 before, I think I'll be more comfortable with the phat's grip.

ikebuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 ikebuck
psp go is the most under rated game system in all of hand helds people say they hate psp gos but they're awesome. my friend has one and he loves it. the only bad part is you can't sell any bad games you buy, so study before you buy. but i think they're great
CaptainAhab13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#115 CaptainAhab13
Member since 2010 • 5121 Posts

What's the PSP Slim, and how does it compare to the 3000? $30 price difference, I was just wondering.

00Killaz00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#116 00Killaz00
Member since 2010 • 1014 Posts

I was thinking about getting one since it has a large library of my favorite genre (JRPGs) but I don't wanna shell out a couple hundred dollars for a portable system, also one of my concerns is it's controls, are they sloppy or easy to use? What version should I get given my circumstances. Would like to know any helpful info, thanks.

CaptainAhab13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#117 CaptainAhab13
Member since 2010 • 5121 Posts

I was thinking about getting one since it has a large library of my favorite genre (JRPGs) but I don't wanna shell out a couple hundred dollars for a portable system, also one of my concerns is it's controls, are they sloppy or easy to use? What version should I get given my circumstances. Would like to know any helpful info, thanks.

00Killaz00
From what I've gathered the prospect of the PSP2 having backwards compatibility is up in the air, leaning towards a no at the moment. If you want games that are out right now, I would probably just buy a PSP 3000. Also, I'd wait for January 27th to see what the PSP2 is all about.
jletter25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 jletter25
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

If anything you should get a 1000 because it last longest and its the best one to use if u plan on putting in custom firmware

Jordanairs_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#119 Jordanairs_23
Member since 2011 • 122 Posts
The first PSP is recomended but if you like lighter PSP i suggest PSP slim
Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#120 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
Hi guys, just wondering if it's still worth getting a PSP despite the NGP and 3DS coming out this year. And if so, which model is best? I've already done my research on games and honestly I only want about 6 games. The main reason why I'm considering a PSP is for Kingdom Hearts and I feel like it's not worth getting a whole system for just one game. Still, the game looks amazing and I love the series haha :P I kinda know the differences between the models but it's still nice to get opinions from PSP users. Price is also very important for me, cheaper the better. Thanks guys :D Or should I just stick with what I've got and save for the new handhelds?
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Granpire
All things considered, if you don't mind missing out on a few new technologies and upgrades, the PSP can only be at it's best at the end of it's life. The NGP is going to be more than twice the PSP's price, and the games it will have at launch are going to be few. Chances are Kingdom Hearts will appear on the NGP one day(I think that Square Enix has expressed interest in the system, but I might be wrong). It's all a question of whether you want to pay more for a better system, and let the (more costly) games come, or you could stick with the cheaper(and more trusted) alternative. Kind of like the PS2 vs. the PS3. Do you want to pay for better graphics, etc., or do you prefer the tried and true system(cheaper)? It's a bit of a gamble with the NGP, really. We don't know if it will live up to the hype for sure.
fadeetoblackk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#122 fadeetoblackk
Member since 2011 • 459 Posts

To everyone questioning UMD's... they are not that fragile at all. They hold up just fine, just buy some damn cases people. Keep it in your car or any bag you have. You can get a soft case that can hold five games thats plenty. I cant decide if I want psp 1000 or 3000. I kind of want the Tv output.

Muffinmanjtk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Muffinmanjtk
Member since 2009 • 40 Posts
3000 definitely. Kinda defeats the purpose if you just want to play from a TV. But I'm pretty sure 2000s have TV output as well.
ale_gamr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 ale_gamr
Member since 2009 • 406 Posts

How does the PSP GO feel in your hands?

Do your hands hurt after prolongued playing?

Does the analogue stick feel hard to reach?, what about reaching the shoulder buttons?

oldmanyounger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 oldmanyounger

How does the PSP GO feel in your hands?

Do your hands hurt after prolongued playing?

Does the analogue stick feel hard to reach?, what about reaching the shoulder buttons?

ale_gamr
Feels a bit small in my hands (and I don't have large hands by any means). My hands don't hurt after prolonged playing. Analog stick feels fine, as do the shoulder buttons. All in all, I still prefer my 3000. Re: getting a PSPgo, I'm not sure it really matters now that Sony is stopping production of it.
ale_gamr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 ale_gamr
Member since 2009 • 406 Posts

Really? Its no longer being made?

Guaracy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Guaracy-
Member since 2010 • 653 Posts
Been a long time since I posted in these here forums, and I'm glad to see there's a sticky about this. Here's the deal: I really want a portable handheld (and I absolutely LOVE the Monster Hunter franchise) and by portable i mean REALLY portable. Like, phone portable. So I was thinking of getting the PSP Go, because it has a lot of internal memory if I wanna store music in it too, which is entirely likely. My main focus isn't gaming, though I do wanna be able to play Monster Hunter every once in a while. So to sum it up: I want Monster Hunter I want a portable MP4 player I don't want a portable gaming device Dont tell me to get a Wii because that's really not plausible right now for reasons I'm not gonna explain because it'd take too long. Anyway, is the Go a good purchase for me, considering my needs?
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Granpire
[QUOTE="Guaracy-"]Been a long time since I posted in these here forums, and I'm glad to see there's a sticky about this. Here's the deal: I really want a portable handheld (and I absolutely LOVE the Monster Hunter franchise) and by portable i mean REALLY portable. Like, phone portable. So I was thinking of getting the PSP Go, because it has a lot of internal memory if I wanna store music in it too, which is entirely likely. My main focus isn't gaming, though I do wanna be able to play Monster Hunter every once in a while. So to sum it up: I want Monster Hunter I want a portable MP4 player I don't want a portable gaming device Dont tell me to get a Wii because that's really not plausible right now for reasons I'm not gonna explain because it'd take too long. Anyway, is the Go a good purchase for me, considering my needs?

It's a strange problem you have, you want to play Monster Hunter, but you don't want a portable gaming device? The PSP Go is a portable gaming device, but it will let you play Monster . It plays mp4s pretty well too(what with the 16GB memory), but keep in mind you have to convert all your videos, which takes a while. Generally, converting takes a little shorter than the video, but that's not a problem if you can do it overnight. The only problem is, if you want to import Monster Hunter Portable 3 (the best version), you'd pretty much be out of luck. But I don't know if you're into importing Japanese games.
Guaracy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Guaracy-
[QUOTE="Granpire"][QUOTE="Guaracy-"]Been a long time since I posted in these here forums, and I'm glad to see there's a sticky about this. Here's the deal: I really want a portable handheld (and I absolutely LOVE the Monster Hunter franchise) and by portable i mean REALLY portable. Like, phone portable. So I was thinking of getting the PSP Go, because it has a lot of internal memory if I wanna store music in it too, which is entirely likely. My main focus isn't gaming, though I do wanna be able to play Monster Hunter every once in a while. So to sum it up: I want Monster Hunter I want a portable MP4 player I don't want a portable gaming device Dont tell me to get a Wii because that's really not plausible right now for reasons I'm not gonna explain because it'd take too long. Anyway, is the Go a good purchase for me, considering my needs?

It's a strange problem you have, you want to play Monster Hunter, but you don't want a portable gaming device? The PSP Go is a portable gaming device, but it will let you play Monster . It plays mp4s pretty well too(what with the 16GB memory), but keep in mind you have to convert all your videos, which takes a while. Generally, converting takes a little shorter than the video, but that's not a problem if you can do it overnight. The only problem is, if you want to import Monster Hunter Portable 3 (the best version), you'd pretty much be out of luck. But I don't know if you're into importing Japanese games.

I suppose it's the best option then? What I mean is, MH is probably my favorite franchise, but I was never a big fan of handhelds. And I also don't have an MP4 player, which is something I really want. So I thought the PSP Go would be the best choice I could make. Seeing as it can play videos and music.
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Granpire
[QUOTE="Guaracy-"]] I suppose it's the best option then? What I mean is, MH is probably my favorite franchise, but I was never a big fan of handhelds. And I also don't have an MP4 player, which is something I really want. So I thought the PSP Go would be the best choice I could make. Seeing as it can play videos and music.

Besides buying a Wii and some other portable media player, it's your only option. The cheapest as well. But I'd look at some other great games as well, if you're going to buy a PSP and just limit yourself to Monster Hunter, you're missing out.
Guaracy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Guaracy-
[QUOTE="Granpire"][QUOTE="Guaracy-"]] I suppose it's the best option then? What I mean is, MH is probably my favorite franchise, but I was never a big fan of handhelds. And I also don't have an MP4 player, which is something I really want. So I thought the PSP Go would be the best choice I could make. Seeing as it can play videos and music.

Besides buying a Wii and some other portable media player, it's your only option. The cheapest as well. But I'd look at some other great games as well, if you're going to buy a PSP and just limit yourself to Monster Hunter, you're missing out.

Thanks, this is what I wanted to know. And I might get some other games, but the only reason I'd get a PSP is for MH. Plus, I don't like how they don't have bows, dual swords, hunting horns and gunlances in the Wii version. One game I really think about getting is Mortal Kombat Unchained. A friend of mine has it, and I love MK.
Zoe2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Zoe2011
3000 is better, reasonable price, good handle feeling , the system is not bad. Now system of PSPgo is not very perfect, some games can not run on it,
iwishiwasevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 iwishiwasevil
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
As the first two models are no longer in production the choice will fall to the 3000 (at least until the 4000 is properly announced) and the Go. DJ_Lae
Pity they don't produce the 2000 model anymore, its still in demand here in the Philippines.
wiimanrulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#135 wiimanrulz
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Hi, I'm new to PSP's, but I really want one. There's really no way I could afford a 3000 or Go, so it's between a 1000 or 2000. I know that 1000's are cheaper, but I want to know if it's worth spending a little more for a 2000. I want to play RPG's on it (Monster Hunter, FF VII, Phantasy Star and the like) and really want a console that will last quite a while, if possible 2-3 years. Also, is there a problem with wearting of buttons, because I hate that problem. I've not got alot of money, and what I pay for I want to last for a while. Thanks for your help!

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Granpire

Hi, I'm new to PSP's, but I really want one. There's really no way I could afford a 3000 or Go, so it's between a 1000 or 2000. I know that 1000's are cheaper, but I want to know if it's worth spending a little more for a 2000. I want to play RPG's on it (Monster Hunter, FF VII, Phantasy Star and the like) and really want a console that will last quite a while, if possible 2-3 years. Also, is there a problem with wearting of buttons, because I hate that problem. I've not got alot of money, and what I pay for I want to last for a while. Thanks for your help!

wiimanrulz
The main differences for the 2000 would be better load times due to UMD cache, USB charge, brighter screen. In the end, the 1000 does the job though. It's also built with a more durable casing for falls, so there's slightly less chance of breakage if you plan on dropping it. :P That's one thing the PSP has going for it, durable buttons! Other portable consoles have triggers that wear down until they don't work, but the PSP's buttons can last a long time. You might have a few problems with the analog stick, depending on use and humidity, but usually nothing more than very minor drift.
Xx-Addict-xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Xx-Addict-xX
Member since 2009 • 1119 Posts
I might wanna sell my psp 3000. (Camo colored, from the MSG bundle) With like 8 umd games, and maybe like 4-5 games on my memory stick.....2 memory sticks. Both 4 GB's. Any suggestions where to sell? E-BAY?
Brittany5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Brittany5
Member since 2011 • 51 Posts

My launch PSP1000 is a bit wrecked but still going strong.

I indeed hate the feel of the newer models...:(

Hammstray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#139 Hammstray
Member since 2010 • 890 Posts

Should I get a PSP Go now or wait for the NGP. I found a guy on craigslist selling his PSP Go for $100. Should I take it or wait for the NGP?

oollw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 oollw
Member since 2011 • 45 Posts

so should i get it or what & what model should i get

Red_PSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Red_PSP
I like my Go. It has plenty of room for everything (Music, video's, games...) And it's smaller. I have small hands, so the buttons on the back (Volume up, down, brightness...) are quite hard to reach. I love the pause function. I have both a PSP 2000 and a Go. The Go is mainly for when i'm not at home (school, road trips...) and for games. I don't use my 2000 that much. I think the 2000 buttons are better (mushy), but it's your own preference.
miah87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 miah87
Can psp 3000 download all the games that are downloadable on the psp go? If so, why do ppl keep saying that if you want to be able to transfer downloadable games to NGP get the go. WHY? Since psp 3000 has the same ability to download games as the psp go can. Am I missing something here. I'm gonna get the go but hope I'm not making a wrong decision. I kinda like the fact that it is much quieter than the psp 3000. This is my first psp btw. I don't mind being not able to play UMD games as NGP does not support UMD as well.
steven300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 steven300
Member since 2011 • 27 Posts

this is realy realy great information and realy nice idea thanks for sharing

lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

Can psp 3000 download all the games that are downloadable on the psp go? If so, why do ppl keep saying that if you want to be able to transfer downloadable games to NGP get the go. WHY? Since psp 3000 has the same ability to download games as the psp go can. Am I missing something here. I'm gonna get the go but hope I'm not making a wrong decision. I kinda like the fact that it is much quieter than the psp 3000. This is my first psp btw. I don't mind being not able to play UMD games as NGP does not support UMD as well. miah87

The 3000, and any of the other models, can download the same games. I have no idea why people are saying that, but as long as you have the games saved on your PSP (and you use the same account), then you should be able to transfer them to the Vita.

Darthkaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#145 Darthkaiser
Member since 2006 • 12447 Posts
I've never had a psp and now that they're cheap I was thinking on getting one. I'm stuck between The Blue 2000 and the Radiant Blue 3000 Is there really much of a difference between the screens? I've seen some videos of youtube comparing them but I want to read an opinion from Psp users am I missing a lot of image quality if I get a 2000? Thanks for the help!
Dal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Dal25
Member since 2007 • 170 Posts

I like my Go. It has plenty of room for everything (Music, video's, games...) And it's smaller. I have small hands, so the buttons on the back (Volume up, down, brightness...) are quite hard to reach. I love the pause function. I have both a PSP 2000 and a Go. The Go is mainly for when i'm not at home (school, road trips...) and for games. I don't use my 2000 that much. I think the 2000 buttons are better (mushy), but it's your own preference.Red_PSP

hey.

How is the audio compare to ipod touch ? . Thot of getting it to make my daily handheld gadgets for music / games ..

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Granpire
[QUOTE="Darthkaiser"]I've never had a psp and now that they're cheap I was thinking on getting one. I'm stuck between The Blue 2000 and the Radiant Blue 3000 Is there really much of a difference between the screens? I've seen some videos of youtube comparing them but I want to read an opinion from Psp users am I missing a lot of image quality if I get a 2000? Thanks for the help!

My opinion is that the 3000 has a better screen, especially when you turn on the vibrant colour option. However, many other people will tell you that the 3000 has scanline issues. I barely noticed them, and you won't unless you think about it, but if those sorts of things annoy you, you might want to stick with the 2000. The 3000 has better colours plus mild scanlines, the 2000 has no scanlines. Easy choice for me, especially with the 3000's integrated mic.
forgot_it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 forgot_it
Member since 2004 • 6756 Posts
This doesn't 100% belong in here, but I thought I'd ask rather than making an entire new thread :P. I just bought the Mystic Silver Kingdom Hearts Bundle (seriously guys, no game case!?) and I really want to get going but it's on charge right now. I was wondering if it would be ok if I play it while it's charging.
lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

This doesn't 100% belong in here, but I thought I'd ask rather than making an entire new thread :P. I just bought the Mystic Silver Kingdom Hearts Bundle (seriously guys, no game case!?) and I really want to get going but it's on charge right now. I was wondering if it would be ok if I play it while it's charging.forgot_it

Sure, I played my Madden PSP 2000 when it was charging for the first time. I have played it lots of times while charging, there's no problem with that at all I don't think...

sony1978a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 sony1978a
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

I said it before and I will say again, for Sony to win the portable war they must add these futures to PSVITA.

1- Built in HD tuner so we can watch the HD free to air TV on the go.

2- Built in digital radio so we can listen to radio station not just mp3.internet radio cost too much data and $$ so that is not an option.

3- APP store, like Apple, and Google android market, so we can download apps like face book Google earth, angry birds, and so on, etc.

4- Built in turn by turn navigation, like tom-tom, and nav man, etc.

5- Built in 8MP camera, with HD video recording.

6- A good web browser, not like the crappie PSP browser.

7- Must support the latest flash player, and java plug-in.

Sony is only targeting gamers with PSVITA, in my opinion that's a bad move.They must target everyone.

I have a ps3 I hardly use it for games I got it for bluray and playtv futters and PSN videos store.