This topic is locked from further discussion.

craigofadown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 craigofadown
Member since 2007 • 530 Posts

So how would you like them to do it? I personally would prefer it if they reverted back to the less realistic style found in GTA 3 through to San Andreas, if they added next-gen graphics to that I just think it would be brilliant. I felt a little let down by GTA 4 and felt it was carried hugely by hype to the point at which players were convinced it was the perfect game, and it was a triumph; however it just didn't feel entirely like a GTA to me, something was missing. What do you think?

Leekspin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Leekspin
Member since 2011 • 55 Posts

I sincerely hope the next GTA has a significantly bigger game world. Like 10x bigger

MC-Reap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MC-Reap
Member since 2011 • 595 Posts

Me and several of my friends agree that we would be IMMENSELY satisfied if they redid San Andreas from the ground up, with next gen graphics and online and the works. Sure they could update/throw in whatever new things they wanted, but you honestly can't say that wouldn't be awesome. San Andreas came before it's time. They had the scope and feel of the world down great, but it was limited by the hardware. If I could switch when GTAIV and San Andreas were released, I would.

craigofadown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 craigofadown
Member since 2007 • 530 Posts

Me and several of my friends agree that we would be IMMENSELY satisfied if they redid San Andreas from the ground up, with next gen graphics and online and the works. Sure they could update/throw in whatever new things they wanted, but you honestly can't say that wouldn't be awesome. San Andreas came before it's time. They had the scope and feel of the world down great, but it was limited by the hardware. If I could switch when GTAIV and San Andreas were released, I would.

MC-Reap

Couldn't agree more, it managed to combine a surprisingly deep and compelling plot with fun gameplay, it was the kind of game you could jump in and out of when you wanted but also stick with and enjoy the story. The gaming world was the perfect size and you could play for hours and always discover new things. Rockstar got everything right with San Andreas.

MC-Reap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MC-Reap
Member since 2011 • 595 Posts

[QUOTE="MC-Reap"]

craigofadown

Couldn't agree more, it managed to combine a surprisingly deep and compelling plot with fun gameplay, it was the kind of game you could jump in and out of when you wanted but also stick with and enjoy the story. The gaming world was the perfect size and you could play for hours and always discover new things. Rockstar got everything right with San Andreas.

Indeed. Heck even Vice City and GTA3 weren't bad either. They really went off the trail with GTAIV. Realism is not what GTA needs. It's over the top yet semi-serious action and whatever you want to do. I know they've already gotten a great deal through making GTA5, but I'm skeptical because they haven't released any information about it...
blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

The next one better not try to be as a dark as GTA IV, as it just came off as overdone and annoying. I didn't even bother finishing the game, I just got bored with everything being so dark and well boring. I didn't even find anything funny about the game. I used to like to like going around free roaming in VC and SA with some crazy cheat codes just having fun. None of that was present in GTA IV, and the main cast in IV was just annoying. Granted, Rockstar hasn't done anything to impress me this gen, so hopefully they can come back with a new GTA.

AvengedSixfold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AvengedSixfold
Member since 2011 • 80 Posts

So how would you like them to do it? I personally would prefer it if they reverted back to the less realistic style found in GTA 3 through to San Andreas, if they added next-gen graphics to that I just think it would be brilliant. I felt a little let down by GTA 4 and felt it was carried hugely by hype to the point at which players were convinced it was the perfect game, and it was a triumph; however it just didn't feel entirely like a GTA to me, something was missing. What do you think?

craigofadown
agreed. Even if they didnt make a new one and just remade san andreas for the PS3 and added trophies I would be totally satisfied with that. I went to play San Andreas the other day but the now-horrible graphics got to me too much so I couldn't play for long. If they do make a new one though it should take place somewhere in Europe.. They've done all the popular cities in the U.S. that look as different as possible, as far as settings go.
bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

i still play vice city and san andrea's now, they are far superior to gta4, people are right gta4 just went way to serious, nice idea but just wasn't interested. san andrea's was just perfect, and with the ps3 should now carry that customisation on, and develop that further. i also think they should stop thinking bigger maps is better, and make the map smaller but a more living and interactive world. i'm not saying to small, but i'd rather have a smaller map with alot more to do in it. the likes of la noire and gta4 yea the maps were big but you couldn't go in anywhere except a selection of small shops, whats the point having a 10x bigger map when you can't go in. in gta4 to start off you had a small little clothes shop, the stuff u cud buy was so lmited, you had a bar, a theatre, comedy club, bowling alley, which were spread so far apart, the other parts had nothing really in it of interest, it was more just a grim view to places you needed to go. they need to start a fresh and think smaller map a whole lot more interaction, things to do, places to go, if they can make a tv with hours of programmes then why can't they make a town which i can go into every single shop, go to the gym bulk up or hit and get fat, ride bmx's, or planes or wot ever. the next gta needs to be san andreas an more, they took a step back in gta4, so gta5 needs to be 3steps foward.