the media in the UK HATE games.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tom_cat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tom_cat_01
Member since 2009 • 2938 Posts

Here's a link to a video we've had on the news in the UK this week.

It's so irritating. Listen to how sarcastic the reporter is. The reason the games industry fails, gets not respect and missed-out on the tax break in the UK, ie because of moronic game-hatred like this all over the media.

Do they not realise how good game development/sales are for the economy/jobs etc.

*sigh*

I with I lived in a country whose popular media weren't so sarcasric and patronising about games.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/click_online/9296051.stm

tom_cat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 tom_cat_01
Member since 2009 • 2938 Posts

Jeez; I was so angry that I forgot how to type/spell for most of that.

Apologies for all the grammar errors.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts
Apparently you posted the wrong link also, because that video did not in any way show that anyone hated games. It might have shown that that commentator disliked shooting games.
MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts
I don't get why he's making it seem like sequels are a bad thing. Sequels exist because gamers LIKED the originals, there's nothing at all wrong with carrying on with what's popular. New IPs are great but they're too risky to keep being released, a few every year is fine.
KlepticGrooves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 KlepticGrooves
Member since 2010 • 2448 Posts

If anything, I got the impression that the reporter was rather bored with the majority of titles being sequels rather than new IPs.

Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 5

#6 Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

Apparently you posted the wrong link also, because that video did not in any way show that anyone hated games. It might have shown that that commentator disliked shooting games.guynamedbilly

^ This and this v

If anything, I got the impression that the reporter was rather bored with the majority of titles being sequels rather than new IPs.

KlepticGrooves

I agree with the reporters' sentiment. Would be nice to see more new IPs in the future.

stinkyfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 stinkyfriend
Member since 2007 • 1325 Posts
who cares what others think just live how u wanna live people can kiss my butt
HellsAngel2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 HellsAngel2c
Member since 2004 • 5540 Posts
Hate? Hate!? There was hardly any hate going on in that clip. The guy was just stating facts with loads of dry humour. Seriously, nothing he said was insulting. "Expect to blow things up, shoot things... and blow more things up" is exactly what the majority of games are now and will be in 2011. I, like him, can't wait for the innovative and new IP's to come out next year, such as Catherine and The Last Guardian.
ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

I kind of agree with him, there are a lot of sequels and brown shooters in the year 2011 :S Bute I'm happy with new Ips like Neptune which release within this time as well ^^

Dahaka-UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Dahaka-UK
Member since 2005 • 6915 Posts

Apparently you posted the wrong link also, because that video did not in any way show that anyone hated games. It might have shown that that commentator disliked shooting games.guynamedbilly
He pretty much was slamming big name games in general. Over exaggerating that 2011 being nothing but uninteresting boring sequels. Then he goes on to praise crap like Kinect.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts
UK hates games? Well I certainly didn't get that from the video you linked. The only thing it was against was same ol shooting games and Im against that too tbh. The video didn't show any title that I will be purchasing.
evilmaster2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 evilmaster2424
Member since 2009 • 2060 Posts
the uk does hate gmes. that video doesnt show it very well. but go and check the reveiw scores from the uk.theyve given ood games crap ratings...witch just goes to show you that they hate good gaemes
Zathic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#13 Zathic
Member since 2007 • 1946 Posts

Seems like he hates shooters but not games in general.