• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShangTsung17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ShangTsung17
Member since 2011 • 839 Posts

i need somebody to help me with this before i give up gaming and go insane... i have looked over reviews for hours on in, searched previews to the point of exhaustion, only to find over and over the same dreadful thing... multiplayer invading and destroying every single game like a parasite, its like a bad headache that won't go away, just when you think you've finnaly found a game which u can just sit down and enjoy there it is... multiplayer! are there ANY games at all what so ever anymore left in the world which someone can just freakin pop in there system and play??? without the constant nagging of some sort of online play be it co-op or mp tugging at you're nuts, reminding u like a cruel bully that you're playing half a game... why does EVERY SINGLE videogame these days have to force u to go online??? are there ANY games left that u don't have to play with everybody and they freakin mama??? if so will somebody please name a few for the luv of &*%$^!!!!!!! you can't trust good reviews cause there only getting good ratings cause of *drum roll* MULTIPLAYER! you can't rely on 3rd person, action, or puzzle games cause of *drum roll* CO-OP MULTIPLAYER! is there any hope at all for old school gamers like myself??? or in all honesty should we just give up? :(

wazzawazza18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2 wazzawazza18
Member since 2009 • 936 Posts

Vanquish has no multiplayer

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

Honestly, just don't play mp. I've yet to play a game other than BF:BC2 that was mainly made for the mp with a tacked on sp (and even the sp was ok, just couldn't stand the characters). Even MW2, marketed for its mp, had a pretty good sp. I know people complain games like Bioshock 2 were ruined due to the mp, but I actually was more interested in the antagonist of this game than the first, making the story more interesting to me. Sure, the mp is kind of mediocre, but it didn't ruin the sp experience.

But for some sp only games try out Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, Deus Ex: Human Revolution (in my top 5 games of this gen), or Oblivion/Skyrim. Even when games have mp I usually can get into the sp quite a bit. Most of the time I play the mp for a little bit, and then go back to my select few main mp games.

Please, I'd love to know why mp is the most horrible thing, especially when every game I've played that's added mp still has a solid sp. I'm actually interested in your reasoning, as this has been something I've seen come up in the past and have yet to really understand.

ShangTsung17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ShangTsung17

Honestly, just don't play mp. I've yet to play a game other than BF:BC2 that was mainly made for the mp with a tacked on sp (and even the sp was ok, just couldn't stand the characters). Even MW2, marketed for its mp, had a pretty good sp. I know people complain games like Bioshock 2 were ruined due to the mp, but I actually was more interested in the antagonist of this game than the first, making the story more interesting to me. Sure, the mp is kind of mediocre, but it didn't ruin the sp experience.

But for some sp only games try out Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, Deus Ex: Human Revolution (in my top 5 games of this gen), or Oblivion/Skyrim. Even when games have mp I usually can get into the sp quite a bit. Most of the time I play the mp for a little bit, and then go back to my select few main mp games.

Please, I'd love to know why mp is the most horrible thing, especially when every game I've played that's added mp still has a solid sp. I'm actually interested in your reasoning, as this has been something I've seen come up in the past and have yet to really understand.

blueboxdoctor

lets see.... how does multiplayer ruin videogames for old school gamers who just wanna sit down and play a game... if i tried to list all the reasons there simply wouldn't be enough space, i'll just attempt to make it short and to the point- it sucks! it sucks! it **&^$^^%&^& sucks! its just really &^**%$$ sucks! it suckin f*&^%ks!!! it f*&%%$kin sucks!!!! .....and i don't like it.

ShangTsung17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ShangTsung17

Vanquish has no multiplayer

wazzawazza18

just checked out the review and so far so good, no muliplayer in sight! and vid looks awesome! what all DLC do they have for this game do u know? perhaps a new game + as they mentioned it was rather short, that was the only downside i read.. anyways buying this game tomorrow, what do i have to lose.. and THANK YOU SO MUCH MAN!!! :D

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 blueboxdoctor

[QUOTE="blueboxdoctor"]

ShangTsung17

lets see.... how does multiplayer ruin videogames for old school gamers who just wanna sit down and play a game... if i tried to list all the reasons there simply wouldn't be enough space, i'll just attempt to make it short and to the point- it sucks! it sucks! it **&^$^^%&^& sucks! its just really &^**%$$ sucks! it suckin f*&^%ks!!! it f*&%%$kin sucks!!!! .....and i don't like it.

Ah ok, so I'm assuming you're just not very good at online mp. The only thing I don't like about the online focus is that there's less splitscreen mp. IDK what you consider an old school gamer, but I have a NES, N64, ps2, xbox, gamecube, and ps3 and can don't see any problem with adding online components to games. So yeah, you're probably not good at competitive online mp.

FearMe801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FearMe801
Member since 2011 • 399 Posts

im too lazy to read what you type so i will just say to try Catherine

ShangTsung17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ShangTsung17

[QUOTE="ShangTsung17"]

[QUOTE="blueboxdoctor"]

blueboxdoctor

Ah ok, so I'm assuming you're just not very good at online mp. The only thing I don't like about the online focus is that there's less splitscreen mp. IDK what you consider an old school gamer, but I have a NES, N64, ps2, xbox, gamecube, and ps3 and can don't see any problem with adding online components to games. So yeah, you're probably not good at competitive online mp.

*sigh* nope... I... DON'T... PLAY... ONLINE MULTIPLAYER!!!! never have! never will! simple as that! i hate it! ITS NOT FUN!!! so why should i be forced into something i get no enjoyment out of what so ever just cause others like it for whatever reason? this simply isn't fair! i mean, what ever happened to veriety? something for everyone? ya know??? i wish i could invent a time machine, go back in time, and strangle the %^&**^%$ piece of monkey &*^^$%^& who invented online play in console gaming!

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

Yeah multiplayer is only annoying if there is no offline multiplayer. So if I ever want to play the multiplayer it means one of my friends needs to at least have the same game which usually never happens. Uncharted 3 has local multiplayer so that is a big step up from Uncharted 2.

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 blueboxdoctor

[QUOTE="blueboxdoctor"]

[QUOTE="ShangTsung17"] lets see.... how does multiplayer ruin videogames for old school gamers who just wanna sit down and play a game... if i tried to list all the reasons there simply wouldn't be enough space, i'll just attempt to make it short and to the point- it sucks! it sucks! it **&^$^^%&^& sucks! its just really &^**%$$ sucks! it suckin f*&^%ks!!! it f*&%%$kin sucks!!!! .....and i don't like it.

ShangTsung17

*sigh* nope... I... DON'T... PLAY... ONLINE MULTIPLAYER!!!! never have! never will! simple as that! i hate it! ITS NOT FUN!!! so why should i be forced into something i get no enjoyment out of what so ever just cause others like it for whatever reason? this simply isn't fair! i mean, what ever happened to veriety? something for everyone? ya know??? i wish i could invent a time machine, go back in time, and strangle the %^&**^%$ piece of monkey &*^^$%^& who invented online play in console gaming!

But, there's still sp, so really there's more variety that is able to cater to two audiences on a single disc, and for the most part it's quality content for both sp and mp. Though, judging by all the exclamation points you do seem rather immature, so trying to have a proper discussion about this looks to be impossible. I'll just give one example. I played Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood for the sp. Personally, I thought it had a lot more focus than the second game, and in turn I ended up liking it a little bit more. Sure, there was mp and it was decent enough, but I opted to go for the sp experience and was very pleased with it. I don't understand why you would let the addition of mp detract from this and other games with really good sp experiences.

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

[QUOTE="blueboxdoctor"]

[QUOTE="ShangTsung17"] lets see.... how does multiplayer ruin videogames for old school gamers who just wanna sit down and play a game... if i tried to list all the reasons there simply wouldn't be enough space, i'll just attempt to make it short and to the point- it sucks! it sucks! it **&^$^^%&^& sucks! its just really &^**%$$ sucks! it suckin f*&^%ks!!! it f*&%%$kin sucks!!!! .....and i don't like it.

ShangTsung17

Variety? There are plenty of games without multiplayer. Take the time to look them up rather than get upset over it.

FixeRNK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FixeRNK
Member since 2008 • 963 Posts

[QUOTE="blueboxdoctor"]

ShangTsung17

and stop bashing the keyboard over your head, if you dont like playing online then dontno ones forcing you , play nes Ps2 ps1 xbox gamecube anything. you wrote earlyer "if i tried to list all the reasons there simply wouldn't be enough space" can you back it up with at least a couple of arguments ?! + how do you know if you'll like it or not you havent even given it a try ? OR were you lieing when you said "Never have Never will"

FixeRNK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 FixeRNK
Member since 2008 • 963 Posts
try God of war series
ShangTsung17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ShangTsung17

blueboxdoctor- ok... *calming down* i apologise man, you caught me in a bad mood.. lol yea i suppose i was being a bit childish... alright- first off, when multiplayer is added to a game it takes up memory, this memory in return takes away from what is or even could be added to the sp *what i refer to as the ACTUAL game* now i know everybody hums the same tune- mp is done by a seperate design team and blah, blah, blah... but it doesn't matter cause the fact is it STILL wastes precious memory on something that isn't fun and shouldn't be in the game in the first place.. i'm gonna try and give u an example so bare with me- have u ever had french toast? u seem intelligent so i'm assuming u know the ingredients, to make french toast you take beaten eggs, add sugar and cinnamon *i apologise for my spelling* then u soak some sort of bread them make on a skittle.. anyways the point is this- french toast is good yes? add syrup even better right? well what happens to the french toast if say... u decide to leave out the sugar? less appealing right? ok then u take away the cinnamon.. now its starting to taste downright gross? now lets remove the syrup as well... disgusting? multiplayer is like the corperate which sucks the life *taste* out of what could have/ would have originally been an awesome, fun, and entertaining videogame... but now... its complete poop. get it?

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

It all depends on what type of games you go for. If there's a problem, you have to give some other genres a try.

I'm a single player gamer myself and I have no problem at all. Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Metal Gear, GTA4, Just Cause 2 and so on. No problem at all.

I just avoid the simplistic FPS games:

1) Because they're boring and they get old quickly.

2) Because of the first, multiplayer is pretty much a given and forced.

I got sick of multiplayer myself because of online idiots and I'm not really up to hearing that mindless crap anymore and dealing with poorly coded games. So, I just changed my standards and never looked back.

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 blueboxdoctor

blueboxdoctor- ok... *calming down* i apologise man, you caught me in a bad mood.. lol yea i suppose i was being a bit childish... alright- first off, when multiplayer is added to a game it takes up memory, this memory in return takes away from what is or even could be added to the sp *what i refer to as the ACTUAL game* now i know everybody hums the same tune- mp is done by a seperate design team and blah, blah, blah... but it doesn't matter cause the fact is it STILL wastes precious memory on something that isn't fun and shouldn't be in the game in the first place.. i'm gonna try and give u an example so bare with me- have u ever had french toast? u seem intelligent so i'm assuming u know the ingredients, to make french toast you take beaten eggs, add sugar and cinnamon *i apologise for my spelling* then u soak some sort of bread them make on a skittle.. anyways the point is this- french toast is good yes? add syrup even better right? well what happens to the french toast if say... u decide to leave out the sugar? less appealing right? ok then u take away the cinnamon.. now its starting to taste downright gross? now lets remove the strup as well... disgusting? multiplayer is like the corperate which sucks the life *taste* out of what could have/ would have originally been an awesome, fun, and entertaining videogame... but now... its complete poop. get it?

ShangTsung17

Yeah, I understand your point, but it's basically just that you aren't a fan of mp. It's cool and all that you don't like it, but honestly, I'd think you'd have a bigger problem with dlc. It seems like more and more developers are giving us less of a game in order to sell the full game through dlc, and this also apples to sp only games. Though, it seems like most games I've played that have mp have a pretty solid sp that may have been drug out if they forced it to be longer. Granted, MOH is a great example of how a game should have been longer, but I just think that had more to do with the development team than anything. Other games, like KZ2 just have a horribly written story so even if there was a full focus on sp it wouldn't have made it more compelling in any way (granted, the KZ mp is rather unbalanced, and not very fun). I think the problem has more to do with developers taking less and less risks, especially since the media blew up COD as the best thing ever it makes it intimidating to make anything original. I still say there are plenty of games that may have mp, but the sp is right up there with the best.

ShangTsung17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ShangTsung17

try God of war series FixeRNK
beaten them all, and i didn't like them anyway, made me feel like i was playin a midevil porno, like the last one.. c'mon man was that sex crap with aphroditty or whatever her name was really necessery???

ShangTsung17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ShangTsung17

[QUOTE="ShangTsung17"]

blueboxdoctor- ok... *calming down* i apologise man, you caught me in a bad mood.. lol yea i suppose i was being a bit childish... alright- first off, when multiplayer is added to a game it takes up memory, this memory in return takes away from what is or even could be added to the sp *what i refer to as the ACTUAL game* now i know everybody hums the same tune- mp is done by a seperate design team and blah, blah, blah... but it doesn't matter cause the fact is it STILL wastes precious memory on something that isn't fun and shouldn't be in the game in the first place.. i'm gonna try and give u an example so bare with me- have u ever had french toast? u seem intelligent so i'm assuming u know the ingredients, to make french toast you take beaten eggs, add sugar and cinnamon *i apologise for my spelling* then u soak some sort of bread them make on a skittle.. anyways the point is this- french toast is good yes? add syrup even better right? well what happens to the french toast if say... u decide to leave out the sugar? less appealing right? ok then u take away the cinnamon.. now its starting to taste downright gross? now lets remove the strup as well... disgusting? multiplayer is like the corperate which sucks the life *taste* out of what could have/ would have originally been an awesome, fun, and entertaining videogame... but now... its complete poop. get it?

blueboxdoctor

Yeah, I understand your point, but it's basically just that you aren't a fan of mp. It's cool and all that you don't like it, but honestly, I'd think you'd have a bigger problem with dlc. It seems like more and more developers are giving us less of a game in order to sell the full game through dlc, and this also apples to sp only games. Though, it seems like most games I've played that have mp have a pretty solid sp that may have been drug out if they forced it to be longer. Granted, MOH is a great example of how a game should have been longer, but I just think that had more to do with the development team than anything. Other games, like KZ2 just have a horribly written story so even if there was a full focus on sp it wouldn't have made it more compelling in any way (granted, the KZ mp is rather unbalanced, and not very fun). I think the problem has more to do with developers taking less and less risks, especially since the media blew up COD as the best thing ever it makes it intimidating to make anything original. I still say there are plenty of games that may have mp, but the sp is right up there with the best.

eh... interesting point. and yes unfortunately you are right about DLC, it is nothing more than a scheme to keep making money off a game people have already purchased, is this right? ofcourse not. fair? ofcourse not. could they have simply put this data in the game when it was released? ofcourse. but what are u gonna do? hate to say it but these days even if you are able to find a game which focuses solely on sp *the actual game* the only option u have to get TRUE replay value is thru DLC. sad but true fact...

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 blueboxdoctor

[QUOTE="blueboxdoctor"]

[QUOTE="ShangTsung17"]

ShangTsung17

eh... interesting point. and yes unfortunately you are right about DLC, it is nothing more than a scheme to keep making money off a game people have already purchased, is this right? ofcourse not. fair? ofcourse not. could they have simply put this data in the game when it was released? ofcourse. but what are u gonna do? hate to say it but these days even if you are able to find a game which focuses solely on sp *the actual game* the only option u have to get TRUE replay value is thru DLC. sad but true fact...

True, but for some games the dlc isn't needed. By this I'm referring to ES:Oblivion. I have 60 hours on the game and have barely touched the dlc (have the GOTY version so it came with the dlc). Though I do agree, most games make you feel like you're missing out. Granted, there was always expansion packs to games, but for some reason dlc just feels a lot worse when you buy it, especially when it's overpriced for something that should have been included in the game (the biggest offender is COD with selling dlc maps for mp, which I see no point in getting, especially at a minimum of $10 for 4 maps that they probably made when the game was in develpment and just want to exploit people for money). Though, who can blame them, enough people must be buying it if it keeps getting released. Then again, I was annoyed when games went from $50 to $60 from last gen to this gen (hmm, games are getting rather expensive these days).

SteamedBennet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SteamedBennet
Member since 2011 • 534 Posts

Batman: Arkham Asylum is all offline (and an amazing game)

MC-Reap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MC-Reap
Member since 2011 • 595 Posts

i honestly don't understand what the heck you are going on about. YOU DON'T HAVE TO PLAY THE STINKING MULTIPLAYER. I don't know how much more simple it gets. I don't always play the MP modes on all my games and I have never felt like a game was "forcing" me to play it. Here's a trick I learned: Start game>go to main menu>select SINGLE PLAYER. Games never force you to play multiplayer, unless it's Warhawk or one of those kinds of games. Jesus man.

That being said, there's always Demon's Souls, Red Dead Redemption, and Just Cause 2..I don't know what kind of games you are looking for...

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 blueboxdoctor

i honestly don't understand what the heck you are going on about. YOU DON'T HAVE TO PLAY THE STINKING MULTIPLAYER. I don't know how much more simple it gets. I don't always play the MP modes on all my games and I have never felt like a game was "forcing" me to play it. Here's a trick I learned: Start game>go to main menu>select SINGLE PLAYER. Games never force you to play multiplayer, unless it's Warhawk or one of those kinds of games. Jesus man.

That being said, there's always Demon's Souls, Red Dead Redemption, and Just Cause 2..I don't know what kind of games you are looking for...

MC-Reap

Well Demon's Souls is basically sp, but it has a good focus on mp. I know I ended up summoning 2 people into my final world and they beat the boss for me. It didn't at all ruin the experience, and was actually really neat to have people fight alongside you (except the 1st time I tried it a person invaded my world, so that didn't go well).

MC-Reap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MC-Reap
Member since 2011 • 595 Posts

Well Demon's Souls is basically sp, but it has a good focus on mp. I know I ended up summoning 2 people into my final world and they beat the boss for me. It didn't at all ruin the experience, and was actually really neat to have people fight alongside you (except the 1st time I tried it a person invaded my world, so that didn't go well).blueboxdoctor

But I think you can opt to not let anyone join your game can't you? I don't remember, it's been a while since I've played it. But yeah having people join you in that game does actually seem to add to the experience. No different than asking a buddy for help on the battlefield...You wouldn't fight a war by yourself.

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
batman: a.a. , god of war 1, 2 and 3, bayonetta, i could keep going?
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Skyrim is coming. 11/11/11.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts
Only a few games have an online community, the vast majority of MP modes are dead. I play SP about %95 of the time, and have no problem finding games with mainly single-player focus. Recently I've been getting more into co-op, and find it very satisfying. MP /can/ be satisfying if it's done right, but in most games they just throw it in and it don't make sense at all. Some good SP games : Infamous series, RDR, Alpha Protocol, ME2, LA Noire, Ass Creed, Batman AA, GTA, Fallout, Oblivion/Skyrim, Deus Ex. FO:NV has soooooo much content, it will take you months to see it all, especially with multiple playthrus and DLC's. RDR you can try hero/villain. Infamous I think is SP only. Alpha Protocol has so many build combinations and plot choices, has alot of replay value. LA Noire I think is SP only. Ass Creed is very SP focused, and open world so you can pretty much play it forever. Batman very SP focused. GTA very SP focused. Oblivion has more caves than Al Qaeda, and every 5 feet is a new ruin or thing you can check out, or just ride your horse around and slaughter stuff. Haven't play Deus Ex : HR yet, but if it's even 1/3 of the original then we will all be playing the hell out of it. In short, calm down, there are lots of games for every type of gamer. SP gamers Co-op gamers MP gamers Motion gamers Open world gamers RPG gamers FPS gamers You name it, it's out there by the truck load, more than you have time to play, each with enough DLC's and content to choke an elephant.\ PS - And no, mp modes don't take RAM away from sp modes. If sp mode is running, that is the only thing in RAM.
ShangTsung17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ShangTsung17

blueboxdoctor- yea i hear ya but unfortunately like i've told so many others, the sad truth is this- as long as people continue to buy DLC *and they will* games will continue to leave out the extra goodies for extra profit..

ShangTsung17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ShangTsung17

It all depends on what type of games you go for. If there's a problem, you have to give some other genres a try.

I'm a single player gamer myself and I have no problem at all. Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Metal Gear, GTA4, Just Cause 2 and so on. No problem at all.

I just avoid the simplistic FPS games:

1) Because they're boring and they get old quickly.

2) Because of the first, multiplayer is pretty much a given and forced.

I got sick of multiplayer myself because of online idiots and I'm not really up to hearing that mindless crap anymore and dealing with poorly coded games. So, I just changed my standards and never looked back.

Denji

lmfao!!! dude that is so hillarious! the thingy u got reading *attempting to give a damn* and loading up... freakin awesome, i showed that to my homie and he almost fell out the chair laughing.. i want one! lol

Avatar image for Defy_The_Fallen
Defy_The_Fallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#29 Defy_The_Fallen
Member since 2011 • 621 Posts

I don't understand the hate for multiplayer. I only ever get, as you say, whining kids and their mothers in some Call of Duty games, every other game people play properly and it's alot of fun and more challenging to play against real life human players. Multiplayer is the way to go no doubt, you should try team fortress 2 or homefront before dismissing every multiplayer game, those two have amazing multiplayer.

As for single player, you make it sound as if there's no single player games left! There's tonnes of game. And just because it HAS multiplayer, that doesn't make the single player version of it complete horse @!^#. You should really give games like Skyrim and The Witcher 2 a try. Both strictly single player games, skyrim obviously not been released yet though. Dragon Age Origins or Dragon Age 2, Fallout New Vegas, Rage, Vanquish, DEUS EX 3, Just Cause 2, GTA, Metal Gear Solid 4, Limbo, From Dust, Bastion, RDR, LA Noire, Infamous, there is a ton and your obviously just not looking hard enough. I still can't see how you have this intense grudge against multiplayer, my friend has a similar thing and quite frankly its pathetic. Then to say there aren't any single player games just makes me flip!

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#30 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

The last 3 games I played were Hunted: The Demon's Forge, Nier, and now Fallout New Vegas. None with multiplayer. The Saboteur and Enslaved: Odyssey to the West were also a couple of recent favorites. And although Shift 2: Unleashed had multiplayer, the single-player portion was very long and satisfying.

The games are out there, you just have to look a bit. I totally agree about multiplayer screwing up the single player experience - a game has a fixed budget, and any time and effort that goes into creating the multiplayer portion is time and effort that's taken away from the single-player portion.

Laser_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Laser_Hunter
Member since 2010 • 4780 Posts
Multiplayer is here to stay so you should stop complaining and start ignoring it if you don't like it. You need to realize that "Old School Gamers" are in the minority now and that multiplayer is actually enjoyed by a vast amount of people, which is what developers are now catering to. Personally, I love being about to go on Bad Company 2 and play a couple hours competitively with friends, or some co-op zombies on Black Ops. It's not as if developers have abandoned making good single player games though because every year we still get great stories such as Batman: AA, Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, L.A. Noire and, most recently, Deus Ex: HR. Also your opinion on DLC doesn't make much sense, while talking about Vanquish you were hoping for DLC, but then later you talk of it as if it is not a good thing?
kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts
Dude no one forces you to play multiplayer. If a game has a long epic singleplayer but also has mutliplayer will you still not buy it? Anyway check out Batman and Dead Space. The first one don't have MP. The sequels do/will though, no reason to not try them out though...
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#33 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

get a wii :P

WnderWmn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 WnderWmn
Member since 2011 • 29 Posts

Alice Madness Returns

Fallout 3

Resident Evil 5

Red Dead Redemption has MP but also has a fantastically long SP.

Honestly, unless you are going for Platinums, there are lots of games that have MP, but have really great SP too. Drakes Fortune, etc.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Most games have SP? oO But well, take any platformer (I suggest Ratchet and Clank or LBP (pretty much infinite levels you can dl but play on your own)), any RPG, any puzzle game (PSN has some greatt ones), ...

ShangTsung17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ShangTsung17

Multiplayer is here to stay so you should stop complaining and start ignoring it if you don't like it. You need to realize that "Old School Gamers" are in the minority now and that multiplayer is actually enjoyed by a vast amount of people, which is what developers are now catering to. Personally, I love being about to go on Bad Company 2 and play a couple hours competitively with friends, or some co-op zombies on Black Ops. It's not as if developers have abandoned making good single player games though because every year we still get great stories such as Batman: AA, Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, L.A. Noire and, most recently, Deus Ex: HR. Also your opinion on DLC doesn't make much sense, while talking about Vanquish you were hoping for DLC, but then later you talk of it as if it is not a good thing? Laser_Hunter
back up a page and read the conversations with blueboxdoctor, otherwise yes i will sound like a hypocrite.. lol i'm not at all saying i don't buy DLC yes i'm guilty of that as well, but i'm also smart enough to know its a money grubbing scam, but what are u gonna do? if u want more in a game you gotta get the DLC, just like having no choice but to sift thru all the stupid multiplayer till i find a game that doesn't have it, if i wanna find an enjoyable game what choice do i have?

Piroshki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Piroshki
Member since 2011 • 242 Posts
But for some sp only games try out Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, Deus Ex: Human Revolution (in my top 5 games of this gen)blueboxdoctor
You have great taste in games. Enslaved really is fantastic, and Human Revolution has really blown me away in the short time I've had it. I'd also reccomend the Uncharted games, they added MP with the second game, and not only was the SP mode not compromised, it was far better than the first games. I'm not big into online either, but the OP is a bit hyperbolic.
ShangTsung17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ShangTsung17

I don't understand the hate for multiplayer. I only ever get, as you say, whining kids and their mothers in some Call of Duty games, every other game people play properly and it's alot of fun and more challenging to play against real life human players. Multiplayer is the way to go no doubt, you should try team fortress 2 or homefront before dismissing every multiplayer game, those two have amazing multiplayer.

As for single player, you make it sound as if there's no single player games left! There's tonnes of game. And just because it HAS multiplayer, that doesn't make the single player version of it complete horse @!^#. You should really give games like Skyrim and The Witcher 2 a try. Both strictly single player games, skyrim obviously not been released yet though. Dragon Age Origins or Dragon Age 2, Fallout New Vegas, Rage, Vanquish, DEUS EX 3, Just Cause 2, GTA, Metal Gear Solid 4, Limbo, From Dust, Bastion, RDR, LA Noire, Infamous, there is a ton and your obviously just not looking hard enough. I still can't see how you have this intense grudge against multiplayer, my friend has a similar thing and quite frankly its pathetic. Then to say there aren't any single player games just makes me flip!

Defy_The_Fallen

dude i'm not saying these mp games don't have a 1 player mode, ofcourse they do... but it sucks! the multiplayer on them has hogged all the memory leaving the sp pointless to even play, simply put when u see that word in a game *multiplayer* you can immediantly forget about the regular game all together, i've learned this over the years.. bioshock 2 is one of the best examples i can give to what this mp crap can do to a once great game, lack luster gameplay, bad animation, studdering camara, even the sound sometimes suffers, and ofcourse theres one of the most annoying parts that makes it totally unplayable, 30 minute campains! i swear i beat bioshock 2 in less than an hour! and was so disapointed at what mp did to the series i wanted to break the damn disk.. you'll never understand man so don't even try to, it just sucks for people like me cause pretty soon i'm gonna have to abandon something i used to enjoy, afterall ya can't play ps2 forever...

darkman006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 darkman006
Member since 2009 • 933 Posts
I am an old school gamer and I myself was like at first, "I'm never going to play online multiplayer games" But then I went and got MAG and was like, oh its not that bad actually, even though I'm dieing a lot. Then I tried Resistance 2 online, then Killzone 2 online. I have Bioshock 2 and enjoyed the campaign but haven't played the multiplayer, same with Uncharted 2. Anyways, MP isn't that bad if you give it a try. of course your not entitled to play it. I still enjoy games weather or not I play the MP part of it.
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
I think you are overreacting a bit. Just don't play the game's multiplayer and stick to single player.
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

Online MP sucks for a myriad of reasons, but it doesn't detract from most games or make the Campaign any shorter generally. A story is a story, and it's only going to be as polished graphically as it's gonna be, as well as the fact that separate devs are often used to work on the MP side of a game - They rarely share those duties (doing SP & MP sides of a game) anymore so it's not like the focus has shifted. But online play is how titles sell longevity so get used to it cuz it ain't changing. I ignore online play, mostly. And when it comes to games like MoH, I just waited until I saw a copy for $15, I could care less if the online pass is used up because I only want the SP & "Frontline HD". Then I don't feel ripped off for a 5 hour story.

That, or you could always stop playing this gen so much, go backward in time to when gaming was all about the solo player... I just restarted "Deus Ex" on my PS2 recently (3rd play)... And "Drakan: The Ancients' Gates". Both fantastic, huge, sprawling adventures. I love my "legacy" console collection for the fact that most games are SP.

:)

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 blueboxdoctor

[QUOTE="Defy_The_Fallen"]

ShangTsung17

dude i'm not saying these mp games don't have a 1 player mode, ofcourse they do... but it sucks! the multiplayer on them has hogged all the memory leaving the sp pointless to even play, simply put when u see that word in a game *multiplayer* you can immediantly forget about the regular game all together, i've learned this over the years.. bioshock 2 is one of the best examples i can give to what this mp crap can do to a once great game, lack luster gameplay, bad animation, studdering camara, even the sound sometimes suffers, and ofcourse theres one of the most annoying parts that makes it totally unplayable, 30 minute campains! i swear i beat bioshock 2 in less than an hour! and was so disapointed at what mp did to the series i wanted to break the damn disk.. you'll never understand man so don't even try to, it just sucks for people like me cause pretty soon i'm gonna have to abandon something i used to enjoy, afterall ya can't play ps2 forever...

I actually thought bioshock 2 was a really great game, and in some ways better than the first. The second half really opened up and explored the story. Plus, I thought there was a stronger cast of characters, but that's just my opinion (then again, I like Andrew Ryan more as an antagonist after the 2nd game and the audio logs that he's in). Though I must agree, the mp isn't all that great in it, which is why I only played it for maybe an hour and a half.

ShangTsung17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ShangTsung17

yea.... i absolutely hated bioshock 2, in my opinion it took every single thing that made the first one great and 86'ed it.. no doubt multiplayer obviously had a hand in this, and i was soooooooo excited about this game too, preordered almost a year before its release, only to painfully watch it get the mp treatment, i was downright depressed...

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

yea.... i absolutely hated bioshock 2, in my opinion it took every single thing that made the first one great and 86'ed it.. no doubt multiplayer obviously had a hand in this, and i was soooooooo excited about this game too, preordered almost a year before its release, only to painfully watch it get the mp treatment, i was downright depressed...

ShangTsung17
dont think the multiplayer had that much to do with it.. bioshock 2 was made by an entirely different dev team than bioshock 1 so i never thought it could be as good.
idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 idunnodude
Member since 2007 • 2287 Posts

its true that multiplayer is really significant these days but that doesnt mean they gave up focus on single player. there is a lot of games that still have a really good single player as well as multiplayer. games like uncharted, read dead redemption, assassin's creed, GTA4 i could go on and on. mass effect is a really good game too and that doesnt have any multiplayer at all. u gotta stop pmsing and just play some games there are a lot of quality games out there with great single player.

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

play L.A. Noire, that game has no multiplayer and is amazing

jcopp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#47 jcopp72
Member since 2007 • 5375 Posts
I dont like multiplayer much either, but some are not bad like Red Dead Redemption. That is why I havnt bought the assassins creed games after AC2 and wont buy any more AC games unledd they separate online trophys from the single player trophies. but games with out, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim will be out in november with no multi player, Spider-man Edge of Time wont have it. I dont know of any other new games comming out with out multi player, here are some older games with out. The Saboteur Heavy Rain L.A. Noire Spider-Man shattered dimentions Fallout 3 Assassins Creed 2
Minajj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Minajj
Member since 2010 • 294 Posts

play bayonetta or deus ex human revoloution

Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts

Alice:Madness Returns is great didnt get the best reviews though. Just Cause 2, Bioshock, Enslaved.

bobdood99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 bobdood99
Member since 2007 • 1862 Posts

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is what you are looking for.