The Laid Back Lounge VI

This topic is locked from further discussion.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#351 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

[QUOTE="gial240"]

[QUOTE="Laser_Hunter"]So just finished playing about two hours of GTA4... the coolest part of the game is definitely the city and how it actually makes you feel like one citizen out of thousands. Laser_Hunter

Yeah I loved that about the game. Only if they had added all those side-activities from San Andreas. Would have been pretty cool.

This is my first GTA game so I don't know what I'm missing out on lol :P

The massive country areas of San Andreas. Complete with four-wheelers, ATVs, dirtbikes, 18 wheelers, tractors, mountain paths and cliffs to skydive off of :P

anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#352 anime_gamer007
Member since 2007 • 6142 Posts
After playing for months mainly on the PC, I don't think too highly of console aiming anymore. That analog stick just doesn't compare.
commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#353 commonfate

After playing for months mainly on the PC, I don't think too highly of console aiming anymore. That analog stick just doesn't compare.anime_gamer007

FPS? Yeah I can see that

anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#354 anime_gamer007

[QUOTE="anime_gamer007"]After playing for months mainly on the PC, I don't think too highly of console aiming anymore. That analog stick just doesn't compare.commonfate

FPS? Yeah I can see that

Yeah for FPS. Mouse is just so quick and precise. Analog stick feels kinda sluggish when you go back. Anyways, I can confirm another little bit of information: Call of Duty 4 is f***ing awesome! :D
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#355 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
Are Vinny and Dave really doing a Daggerfall endurance run? :O
Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#356 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts
hmmm... IGN gave dead island an 8...Laser_Hunter
The review makes it sound pretty much exactly like what I was hoping for. Huge world, tons of side quests, fun combat, character and weapon customization, and tons of zombies to beat the crap out of. Definitely wanting to check it out.
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#357 MrSelf-Destruct

So.. Deus Ex HR is pretty damn long, guys. I haven't done any backtracking since the beginning, so pretty much all of my Steam time is actual playtime. Take out the estimated 5 hours I spent backtracking, throw in another hour just to account for loading, and I'm looking at 30 hours. I'm not even done yet! I just got off a boat in what I believe is the last area. I'm close to the end, right?

The reason it takes me so long is that I am VERY thorough. I try to leave no stone unturned. I discover every vent, knock out every wall, take out all the guards, hack all the computers... even if it all leads to the same objective. I'm an obsessive completionist. :P

MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#358 MrSelf-Destruct
This is awesome! Dude does the entire TGY Medical level in Deus Ex HR by killing everyone with a freakin' vending machine. lol
anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#359 anime_gamer007

So.. Deus Ex HR is pretty damn long, guys. I haven't done any backtracking since the beginning, so pretty much all of my Steam time is actual playtime. Take out the estimated 5 hours I spent backtracking, throw in another hour just to account for loading, and I'm looking at 30 hours. I'm not even done yet! I just got off a boat in what I believe is the last area. I'm close to the end, right?

The reason it takes me so long is that I am VERY thorough. I try to leave no stone unturned. I discover every vent, knock out every wall, take out all the guards, hack all the computers... even if it all leads to the same objective. I'm an obsessive completionist. :P

MrSelf-Destruct
You're in Singapore? Yeah, that's the second last level although last level isn't that long.
anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#360 anime_gamer007
Goddamnit! Why doesn't anyone play Monday Night Combat?!
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#361 MethodManFTW
Goddamnit! Why doesn't anyone play Monday Night Combat?!anime_gamer007
I played the crap outta that game on 360.. Is the community small on pc?
anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#362 anime_gamer007
[QUOTE="anime_gamer007"]Goddamnit! Why doesn't anyone play Monday Night Combat?!MethodManFTW
I played the crap outta that game on 360.. Is the community small on pc?

It's dead.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#363 MethodManFTW
That sucks... Getting ready for super Monday night combat I guess
supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#364 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

I thought Thane was a pretty cool character. I always enjoyed his conversations. I don't think I ever once used Legion in battle but people keep saying he is really good. Never used Wrex either or the Asari. My team was usually comprised of Thane, Garrus, Miranda and Jacob. I just switched them out whenever I felt like it.

commonfate
Garrus and Wrex was my main assault team. I was usually the biotic so it wasn't totally unbalanced, but I always thought Garrus and Samara was the best team, cause Jacob sucks and you don't need Miranda as a biotic when you got Samara who was 10x better. Thane was the occasional guy for when I wanted to switch things up.
anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#365 anime_gamer007
[QUOTE="commonfate"]

I thought Thane was a pretty cool character. I always enjoyed his conversations. I don't think I ever once used Legion in battle but people keep saying he is really good. Never used Wrex either or the Asari. My team was usually comprised of Thane, Garrus, Miranda and Jacob. I just switched them out whenever I felt like it.

supa_badman
Garrus and Wrex was my main assault team. I was usually the biotic so it wasn't totally unbalanced, but I always thought Garrus and Samara was the best team, cause Jacob sucks and you don't need Miranda as a biotic when you got Samara who was 10x better. Thane was the occasional guy for when I wanted to switch things up.

Yeah but Miranda has Warp AND Overload plus her passive ability grants better squad weapon damage. The more damage, the more better :D
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#366 MethodManFTW
Pam pam pam pam pam pam. :D
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#367 MethodManFTW
I can't wait for Entourage to end so I can stop watching it...
anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#368 anime_gamer007

Nostalgia-ing HARD!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPAfwBKZ9T8&feature=related

Laser_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#369 Laser_Hunter
Member since 2010 • 4780 Posts

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/119/1192539p1.html

Interesting read (especially from IGN)...especially the Microsoft policy on Arcade games.

Laser_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#370 Laser_Hunter
I like the idiotic commenters telling Sony to stop whining and do better than the 360 when in the article it clearly states why that is a little difficult...
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#371 MethodManFTW
Wow.. How does the best Breaking Bad episode barely have Walt in it... I'd say that was possibly the best single episode of any show I have every seen.. Next Sunday plz
gial240

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#372 gial240
Member since 2004 • 2019 Posts

Wow.. How does the best Breaking Bad episode barely have Walt in it... I'd say that was possibly the best single episode of any show I have every seen.. Next Sunday plz MethodManFTW

You make me want to watch it :P

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#373 MethodManFTW
If you've got time to kill... You should. :P Its up there with The Wire as far as quality goes... If you haven't seen The Wire, I recommend that too.
Laser_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#374 Laser_Hunter
It is indeed a great show... I'm still trying to catch up though :P
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#375 MrSelf-Destruct
Finished Deus Ex! :D Great stuff! I got about 35 hours out of it, so I can't complain for length or anything. I'd be lying if I said that final level wasn't a bit of a disappointment, though. I didn't like the "shift" in enemy focus. The really bad part was that it was basically a rip off of MGS4, in the level itself and certain story elements. I mean, I've seen a lot of MGS themed things throughout the game, but that level was just... wow. If you don't see it you're completely blind. Anyway, I won't complain about it, because they still made a damn fine game out of it. Definitely in my top five for the gen. Really wishing they had a NG+ now.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#376 MethodManFTW
Yeah dude wtf... El Shaddia has new game plus but deus ex? /Internet face
LightR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#377 LightR
Member since 2009 • 17739 Posts
I never realized there was first person view and additional difficulty settings on the PC version of Star Wars: Battlefront. It's like playing a whole new game. The only thing that sucks about it is that the AI are worse than the console versions, the can't pilot any aircraft.
blabbyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#378 blabbyboy
Member since 2008 • 2614 Posts
Goddamnit! Why doesn't anyone play Monday Night Combat?!anime_gamer007
Wait a day. :D
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#379 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts
How about the new Dragon Quest X news. Online RPG on Wii and Wii U (with enhanced graphics). I've never gotten into Online RPG cuz I don't really agree with having to spend 50-60 bucks a game then another 15 a month. Hopefully this one is free and then I can play a game online for once. Looking forward to WiiU overall.
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#380 MrSelf-Destruct
So far the Dead Island reviews I'm seeing make it sound freaking amazing. Can't wait. :D
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#381 MethodManFTW
So far the Dead Island reviews I'm seeing make it sound freaking amazing. Can't wait. :DMrSelf-Destruct
What reviews have you been reading? The two I've read have been pretty negative.. but then they give it (3/5) and (7/10), so they are giving it OK scores anyway.
commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#382 commonfate

I never realized there was first person view and additional difficulty settings on the PC version of Star Wars: Battlefront. It's like playing a whole new game. The only thing that sucks about it is that the AI are worse than the console versions, the can't pilot any aircraft.LightR

First person view was available in the console versions as well. I used it for a while and then just switched back to regular.

MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#383 MrSelf-Destruct
[QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"]So far the Dead Island reviews I'm seeing make it sound freaking amazing. Can't wait. :DMethodManFTW
What reviews have you been reading? The two I've read have been pretty negative.. but then they give it (3/5) and (7/10), so they are giving it OK scores anyway.

I'm not paying much attention to scores, but I haven't seen a bad one yet. Judging from Game Informer, IGN, Dtoid, the Dtoid show, and a pretty extensive user review I found on Reddit, the game has a lot of little quirks that were just poor design choices but still is so much fun to play that it's all easily overlooked. Basically, the good outweighs the bad despite all the bad there is. What I was really looking forward to seems to be intact and everyone says its a hell of a fun game, so I'm good. Plus zombie, open world, RPG, loot, driving, character and weapon customization... it all sounds great, to me. Two reviewers even said it's the best zombie game this gen. I may be setting myself up for disappointment, but I'm pumped.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#384 MethodManFTW
Yeah, I meant the words I read were negative, but the scores didn't seem to reflect it... From Joystiq and Dtoid at least.. And then Ben Kuchera said this yesterday: @BenKuchera I'm REALLY looking forward to comparing IGN's pre-embargo review score for Dead Island with the average score when the embargo drops. -- Kuchera is such a troll though.. I dunno how he is the games guy at Ars...
ryrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#385 ryrulez
Member since 2008 • 11605 Posts
[QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"] I'm not paying much attention to scores, but I haven't seen a bad one yet. Judging from Game Informer, IGN, Dtoid, the Dtoid show, and a pretty extensive user review I found on Reddit, the game has a lot of little quirks that were just poor design choices but still is so much fun to play that it's all easily overlooked. Basically, the good outweighs the bad despite all the bad there is. What I was really looking forward to seems to be intact and everyone says its a hell of a fun game, so I'm good. Plus zombie, open world, RPG, loot, driving, character and weapon customization... it all sounds great, to me. Two reviewers even said it's the best zombie game this gen. I may be setting myself up for disappointment, but I'm pumped.

Justin McElroy, from Joystiq, pretty much said it wasn't very fun to play. It just sounds rather monotonous.
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#386 MrSelf-Destruct
[QUOTE="ryrulez"][QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"] I'm not paying much attention to scores, but I haven't seen a bad one yet. Judging from Game Informer, IGN, Dtoid, the Dtoid show, and a pretty extensive user review I found on Reddit, the game has a lot of little quirks that were just poor design choices but still is so much fun to play that it's all easily overlooked. Basically, the good outweighs the bad despite all the bad there is. What I was really looking forward to seems to be intact and everyone says its a hell of a fun game, so I'm good. Plus zombie, open world, RPG, loot, driving, character and weapon customization... it all sounds great, to me. Two reviewers even said it's the best zombie game this gen. I may be setting myself up for disappointment, but I'm pumped.

Justin McElroy, from Joystiq, pretty much said it wasn't very fun to play. It just sounds rather monotonous.

Hmm. That's the first I heard of it not being fun. Game Informer and Dtoid made it sound like tons of fun in spite of its flaws. Oh well. I already paid for it. $30 is no major loss if it turns out bad.
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#387 MrSelf-Destruct
Judging from Just McElroy's review his biggest complaint is that you have to do a lot of looting. Uh... that's a total WIN for me! :P
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#388 MrSelf-Destruct

Judging from Just McElroy's review his biggest complaint is that you have to do a lot of looting. Uh... that's a total WIN for me! :P MrSelf-Destruct

And at least 37 bugs will be fixed in a patch that releases day one. Wow.

• Fixed map synchronization when player joins during map load.
  • Fixed saving player re-spawn position when playing in co-op mode.
  • Fixed occasional inability to complete sidequests in Laboratory.
  • Improved enemy awareness (zombies).
  • Fixed occasional bug with NPC's hands bend (IK)
  • Fixed spawning enemies in some quests after joining co-op game.
  • Fixed showing locations on invisible NPCs.
  • Fixed potential path blocker when quest "Knockin' on heaven's door" was completed before talking to Dominik during the "On the air" quest.
  • Fixed displaying gather rings near some doors.
  • Fixed enemy reaction to fire.
  • Fixed enemies' health and stamina bars in co-op.
  • Fixed filtering of games in lobby.
  • Volume of pickup's engine has been increased.
  • Fixed a number of issues causing game instability.
  • Fixed the switching of maps upon player death.
  • Fixed enemies unable to reach the player on some arenas.
  • Thrown items cannot be picked up by co-op players for five minutes.
  • Items from freshly opened containers cannot be picked up by other players for five seconds to prevent theft.
  • Fixed animation glitch when trading with team members.
  • More than one player can use a ladder at the same time.
  • Fixed stomping execution animation when target's attacked by a second player.
  • Fixed the infinite respawning of shooting enemies.
  • Fixed not hiding menu if players die inside a vehicle.
  • Fixed item level calculation when playing New Game Plus.
  • Added information about players requesting pause in co-op.
  • Fixed A.I. animation glitch after fast-traveling or using a map portal.
  • Added distinction between quest checkpoints and other types of saves.
  • Fixed bug causing all inventory to disappear.
  • Fixed reloading and kicking. After the clip goes in, the reload is a success.
  • Purna can gain bonus rage from both "Grim Inspiration" and "Inspiring Kick".
  • Only "Walker" type enemies increase the extra XP of the "Combo" skill from Xian's Survival skill tree.
  • Health regeneration is disabled during grabs.
  • Focus on items in shops not changing after selling or buying.
  • More HP for NPCs in escort missions.
  • Butcher enemies won't spawn at all during escort missions (hooray!)
  • Fixed tracking after loading checkpoint.
  • Increased minimum vertical distance to count a waypoint as passed for NPCs (they no longer wander back-and-forth).
Laser_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#389 Laser_Hunter
Meh.... even if it is good, I'm seriously tired of zombies... though I've been interested in Dead Rising 2 since it came out :P
gial240

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#390 gial240
Member since 2004 • 2019 Posts

So far the Dead Island reviews I'm seeing make it sound freaking amazing. Can't wait. :DMrSelf-Destruct

I never doubted it :D. Looks like you can get a load of hours out of the game.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#391 MethodManFTW
Ugh... It's Labor Day people... Stop calling me and go eat something!
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#392 MrSelf-Destruct
HOLY FLIP CHICKENS! I just found a Deus Ex Human Revolution mod that unlocks a hidden debug menu and map selector. I can now set Adam up however I want. Even make it where I have infinite energy and fast travel to any location whenever I want. It doesn't break the game to fast travel, either, since the missions don't start until a certain point in the story. I'm about to go f*** Detroit up! :D
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#393 MrSelf-Destruct
So, playing around with this Deus Ex debug menu, I discovered that the DLC weapons that were given through Gamestop are in the game. I now have them all. Thank you modders.
Laser_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#394 Laser_Hunter
So, playing around with this Deus Ex debug menu, I discovered that the DLC weapons that were given through Gamestop are in the game. I now have them all. Thank you modders. MrSelf-Destruct
Lol...I'm pretty sure a large chunk of pre-order bonuses are already on disc... the code (usually giving like a 10 KB download) just unlocks it on disc.
Laser_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#395 Laser_Hunter
Someone explain to me how Skyrim fits on one disc but Battlefield 3 needs two. (talking about the other console here :P)
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#396 MethodManFTW
Someone explain to me how Skyrim fits on one disc but Battlefield 3 needs two. (talking about the other console here :P)Laser_Hunter
the file size is bigger..
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#397 MrSelf-Destruct
[QUOTE="Laser_Hunter"]Someone explain to me how Skyrim fits on one disc but Battlefield 3 needs two. (talking about the other console here :P)MethodManFTW

You tell him! :lol:
Laser_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#398 Laser_Hunter

[QUOTE="Laser_Hunter"]Someone explain to me how Skyrim fits on one disc but Battlefield 3 needs two. (talking about the other console here :P)MethodManFTW

MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#399 MrSelf-Destruct
Keep digging, Watson :P
anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#400 anime_gamer007

While you're at it, just go ahead and change your user icon to trollface.