The Laid Back Lounge VI

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LightR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#29851  Edited By LightR
Member since 2009 • 17739 Posts

Natural Selection 2 has a World Championship. Ok.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#29852  Edited By starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts

@Texas2089 said:

@starwarsjunky said:

so yeah. texas, you should get your people to come join up with my people ;)

Nope. You're welcome to join ours though :P

can't. its legacy ;)

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#29853  Edited By Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Young_Charter said:
@The_Last_Ride said:

@Young_Charter said:

So I've already made 25% progress in final fantasy IX disc 2. This final fantasy is indeed easy.

I think there are side bosses that are more hard, i might be mistaken though

Side bosses are EXTREMELY HARD and the main story bosses get a bit tougher mainly on disc 3, but that is why you must always try to be 10-15 levels ahead of an area every time you progress in the story. I made sure the main character was at least level 16 around the middle of disc 1)because there is a moment in a kingdom called "Lindblum" where you are solo for a bit and have competitions. I took advantage of the situation and got him a few steps ahead of a lot of characters and maxed out some of the beginner abilities and gave him decent equipment so he wouldn't be too much of a concern until disc 2 which is now. I actually like FF9 a lot because it actually gives you a lot of options when it comes to side quests and skills/abilities for your characters. The only downfall about this FF is that the card game system is pretty much POINTLESS because you don't get any valuables or ANYTHING for playing it. It's just there to be there but it is fun. Out of many FF's I will personally say that 8's card game was more focused on a bit when it came to rewards and etc. FF7 and FF9 are neck to neck a bit when it comes to the side quests because FF7's chocobo raising and traveling was ridiculously deep but fun as well. FF9 and 7 actually does a better job with the Chocobo's than FF8 does. But I will admit that FF8 has the more intense and complex battle system out of all three.

I never got the whole card thing. I am more of a blitzball guy

didn't like it.. lol

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#29854  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@Young_Charter said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Young_Charter said:
@The_Last_Ride said:

@Young_Charter said:

So I've already made 25% progress in final fantasy IX disc 2. This final fantasy is indeed easy.

Side bosses are EXTREMELY HARD and the main story bosses get a bit tougher mainly on disc 3, but that is why you must always try to be 10-15 levels ahead of an area every time you progress in the story. I made sure the main character was at least level 16 around the middle of disc 1)because there is a moment in a kingdom called "Lindblum" where you are solo for a bit and have competitions. I took advantage of the situation and got him a few steps ahead of a lot of characters and maxed out some of the beginner abilities and gave him decent equipment so he wouldn't be too much of a concern until disc 2 which is now. I actually like FF9 a lot because it actually gives you a lot of options when it comes to side quests and skills/abilities for your characters. The only downfall about this FF is that the card game system is pretty much POINTLESS because you don't get any valuables or ANYTHING for playing it. It's just there to be there but it is fun. Out of many FF's I will personally say that 8's card game was more focused on a bit when it came to rewards and etc. FF7 and FF9 are neck to neck a bit when it comes to the side quests because FF7's chocobo raising and traveling was ridiculously deep but fun as well. FF9 and 7 actually does a better job with the Chocobo's than FF8 does. But I will admit that FF8 has the more intense and complex battle system out of all three.

didn't like it.. lol

Come on! It's awesome!

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29855 Young_Charter

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Young_Charter said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Young_Charter said:
@The_Last_Ride said:

@Young_Charter said:

didn't like it.. lol

Come on! It's awesome!

Around the time I was in 5th grade playing FFX so imo around the time it was too complex lmaoo

ryrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29856 ryrulez
Member since 2008 • 11605 Posts

So Left Behind was great, of course. The Last of Us in microcosm, for better and worse. Still has some pacing issues particularly when it engages in 'normal' video game instances i.e fucking generators. Also, the way most cutscenes had the camera tight to one character's back looking over their shoulder at the other got a bit boring.

ryrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29857  Edited By ryrulez

Also, I forgot just how pretty that game is.

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29858  Edited By Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts

That was an atrocious performance from the US hockey team today. I don't know if I've ever been more disappointed in a sports team in my life. Had absolutely no passion and let pent up frustration lead to stupid penalty after penalty. Disgusted with the way they played today. For a team that was one of the favorites to win Gold to not only come away with nothing, but you get manhandled like that in the Bronze medal game. Terrible.

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29859  Edited By Texas2089

@starwarsjunky said:

@Texas2089 said:

@starwarsjunky said:

so yeah. texas, you should get your people to come join up with my people ;)

Nope. You're welcome to join ours though :P

can't. its legacy ;)

Yeah that's never happening then lol My friend who is kinda the ringleader and got everyone together already had a Legacy character and chose not to play it so he could start fresh so pretty everyone followed him to Behemoth. A few stayed behind on Legacy servers and tried to get the rest of them to come back but now more and more of them are leaving Legacy to start on Behemoth so yeah. Not leaving :P

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29860 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

@ryrulez said:

Yeah man. Love it when I like games that are super pretty. Like Monaco, I think that game is gorgeous, certainly a different kind of gorgeous than Last of Us, but still beautiful none the less... And I hate that game. I just can't click with it. Wish I did.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29861  Edited By Young_Charter

@MethodManFTW said:

@ryrulez said:

Yeah man. Love it when I like games that are super pretty. Like Monaco, I think that game is gorgeous, certainly a different kind of gorgeous than Last of Us, but still beautiful none the less... And I hate that game. I just can't click with it. Wish I did.

Talking about this ? http://www.ign.com/games/monaco-145341/xbox-360-145343

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29862  Edited By MethodManFTW

@Young_Charter said:

@MethodManFTW said:

@ryrulez said:

Talking about this ? http://www.ign.com/games/monaco-145341/xbox-360-145343

Yeah, that game is sooooooo damn pretty in action.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29863  Edited By MethodManFTW

Woooooooow, so iOS and OSX devices have had a major security flaw for over a year that would give people full access to your credit card info, twitter account, email, etc... Sounds like it would give them full access to everything other than Google Chrome.

Unbefuckinglievable.. They just patched it today, so anyone with Apple devices, update now!

I wonder if this is gonna be a big deal like the Sony hack or if no one will give a **** because it's Apple.

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29864  Edited By Texas2089

@MethodManFTW said:

Woooooooow, so iOS and OSX devices have had a major security flaw for over a year that would give people full access to your credit card info, twitter account, email, etc... Sounds like it would give them full access to everything other than Google Chrome.

Unbefuckinglievable.. They just patched it today, so anyone with Apple devices, update now!

I wonder if this is gonna be a big deal like the Sony hack or if no one will give a **** because it's Apple.

Does that security breech only apply to iOS7? Cause I'm still rocking iOS6 cause I refuse to update.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29865  Edited By MethodManFTW

@Texas2089 said:

@MethodManFTW said:

Does that security breech only apply to iOS7? Cause I'm still rocking iOS6 cause I refuse to update.

As far as I know it was discovered about a year ago but it effects every single iteration of iOS before the version that went live today.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29866 starwarsjunky

so i go to gridania today. and what do i find in the amphitheatre place? There's a bachelor auction. with people paying actual (ingame) currency. i don't even want to know what happens after :| xD

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29867 Texas2089

Actually I just did a quick Google search and it seems that the problems with people potentially getting hacked is on public networks. I use my own Wi-Fi so I should be good. I turned off the 'Ask to Join Networks' setting a loooooooong time ago. Not to mention I only use Chrome for iOS as my browser.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29868  Edited By Young_Charter
@starwarsjunky said:

so i go to gridania today. and what do i find in the amphitheatre place? There's a bachelor auction. with people paying actual (ingame) currency. i don't even want to know what happens after :| xD

FFXIV ?

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29869 Texas2089

@starwarsjunky said:

Is there a bachelorette action? Cause my character is pretty sexy so I know tons of people would pay for me :P

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29870  Edited By MethodManFTW

@Texas2089 said:

Actually I just did a quick Google search and it seems that the problems with people potentially getting hacked is on public networks. I use my own Wi-Fi so I should be good. I turned off the 'Ask to Join Networks' setting a loooooooong time ago. Not to mention I only use Chrome for iOS as my browser.

Your private network is hardly private to hackers. :P

Link

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29871 Texas2089

@MethodManFTW said:

@Texas2089 said:

@MethodManFTW said:

As far as I know it was discovered about a year ago but it effects every single iteration of iOS before the version that went live today.

I probably should update but I might ride it out. I don't really use my phone for anything with a potential to be hacked other than Facebook and I don't have a CC attached to Facebook so if it somehow did get hacked then it wouldn't be the end of the world. I REALLY don't want iOS7 forced on me.

ryrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29872  Edited By ryrulez

@Texas2089: you literally won't notice the difference after like a day.

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29873  Edited By Texas2089

@MethodManFTW said:

@Texas2089 said:

It's an SSL issue, so I'm not certain it is only public networks. Also, you're private wifi is hardly private to hackers. :P

Link

Lies. Hackers will never be able to guess my super secret password :3

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29874 MethodManFTW

@Texas2089 said:

@MethodManFTW said:

@Texas2089 said:

@MethodManFTW said:

I probably should update but I might ride it out. I don't really use my phone for anything with a potential to be hacked other than Facebook and I don't have a CC attached to Facebook so if it somehow did get hacked then it wouldn't be the end of the world. I REALLY don't want iOS7 forced on me.

I like iOS7, but yeah, it's totally a taste thing.

You don't have a CC on file on your device? Apps that have passwords stored, etc?

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29875 Texas2089

@ryrulez said:

@Texas2089: you literally won't notice the difference after like a day.

Maybe but I'm resistant to change. I'm still using the old version of Facebook too like version 6.4 instead of updating to 7.whatever. Except Facebook at least I have a functional reason because I don't want those stupid autoplay videos.

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29876  Edited By Texas2089

@MethodManFTW said:

@Texas2089 said:

@MethodManFTW said:

@Texas2089 said:

@MethodManFTW said:

I like iOS7, but yeah, it's totally a taste thing.

You don't have a CC on file on your device? Apps that have passwords stored, etc?

I think I have a CC attached to my Apple account. I should probably delete that since I never buy stuff from iTunes. Other than that the only app I have a stored password is Facebook and my GameSpot password stored in Chrome :P

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29877 MethodManFTW

Thank god your Gamespot password is safe. :P

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29878 Texas2089

@MethodManFTW said:

Thank god your Gamespot password is safe. :P

Seriously. Could you imagine some assclown like swj hacks my iPhone and stole my GameSpot password and impersonated me? Good thing Chrome got that shit on lockdown.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29879 MethodManFTW

praise google

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29880  Edited By MethodManFTW

Bye guys, Dan Harmon just DM'd me and hired me a writer for next season of Community.

Wait... ****!

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29882  Edited By Texas2089

@MethodManFTW said:

YES PERFECT I'LL JUST ORDER ONE ONLINE AND SIT HERE TONIGHT. MT @AlexMyers008: FWIW, if you really want a gaming PC I'd buy one online

— Dan Harmon (@danharmon) February 23, 2014

THIS PERSON IS LIVING IN MY WORLD. “@AlexMyers008: @danharmon Best plan! Buy one tonight at a store and order one online too! <3”

— Dan Harmon (@danharmon) February 23, 2014

Bye guys, Dan Harmon just DM'd me and hired me a writer for next season of Community.

Wait... ****!

Oh snap Method is big time now.

Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29883 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts

what was the original context of that convo, method? Don't forget about us!

ryrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29884 ryrulez

@MrSelf-Destruct: my *exhaustive* detective work found this.

https://twitter.com/danharmon/status/437450746401800192

though, tbh, i'm #teamellen here

https://twitter.com/emarty/status/437453801943871488

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29885  Edited By MethodManFTW

Haha, yeah. It is funny how a bunch of people were trying to give him Steam gifts last night and he has to tell people "I have money, don't spend yours on me" or something to that effect.. Also people kept recommending he use the "taskrabbit" service to have someone build him a PC.. Apparently it's some service in San Francisco where you contract people to do pretty much any random thing for you.. Between that, Uber, and that one service that will go to restaurants for you, pick up food and bring it back to you, being rich in SF sounds pretty amazing.

Loading Video...

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29886 Young_Charter

@MethodManFTW said:

Haha, yeah. It is funny how a bunch of people were trying to give him Steam gifts last night and he has to tell people "I have money, don't spend yours on me" or something to that effect.. Also people kept recommending he use the "taskrabbit" service to have someone build him a PC.. Apparently it's some service in San Francisco where you contract people to do pretty much any random thing for you.. Between that, Uber, and that one service that will go to restaurants for you, pick up food and bring it back to you, being rich in SF sounds pretty amazing.

Well Entourage reveals the rich cali life is great and crazy at the same time. Im actually shocked they're coming back with a movie.

MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29887  Edited By MrSelf-Destruct

@ryrulez said:

Thanks, dick. :D

*dick is short for detective

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29888 Young_Charter

@MrSelf-Destruct said:

@ryrulez said:

lol. . . !

ryrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29889 ryrulez

@MrSelf-Destruct said:

@ryrulez said:

yer a dicktective m8. the sherlock holmes of dicktectives.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29890 MethodManFTW

@ryrulez said:

@MrSelf-Destruct said:

@ryrulez said:

yer a dicktective m8. the sherlock holmes of dicktectives.

true dicktective.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#29891  Edited By yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I'm so happy Dan Harmon is back with Community. This season just has that "Dan Harmon" feel that the prior ones had as well. Season 4 just felt off.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#29892  Edited By yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I'm so happy Dan Harmon is back with Community. This season just has that "Dan Harmon" feel that the prior ones had as well. Season 4 just felt off.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29893  Edited By Young_Charter

@yokofox33 said:

I've never seen that show unfortunately. I need to get Hulu. I also still need to finish up Dexter, pick up on The Walking Dead, True Blood, and Sons of Anarchy. Im fooling around re watching Skins UK lol

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29894  Edited By whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

I've never understood why people ask for commendations. Be it FFXIV or DotA 2 the lack of logic is really just astounding. Nevermind those who are doing well but when someone just does average (and everyone knows it) is even more mind blowing.

I feel like an old man stuck in the kiddy pool when I see "PLS commend me!!!! PLS"

MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29895 MrSelf-Destruct

@yokofox33 said:

Good to hear. I'll have to check it out. Community used to be my favorite thing on TV, but then it just got weird and I stopped watching it.

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29896 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

@LightR said:

@Terrencec06 said:

@Texas2089 said:

Fucking Canadians.

my buddy Fluffee is going to be talking mad noise.

The Youtuber?

Yep

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29897  Edited By starwarsjunky

@whiskeystrike said:

I've never understood why people ask for commendations. Be it FFXIV or DotA 2 the lack of logic is really just astounding. Nevermind those who are doing well but when someone just does average (and everyone knows it) is even more mind blowing.

I feel like an old man stuck in the kiddy pool when I see "PLS commend me!!!! PLS"

yeah, i never commend someone if they ask for it lol. but they ask for it cuz they want the mount ;)

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29898  Edited By Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

Thief reviews are coming in, not looking so good. Shame really.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29899  Edited By starwarsjunky

really hoping to see a little more warrior love with 2.2. i still prefer playing it, but sadly paladin is still a little better. as i have nothing else to really do on warrior this week, i may pug turns 4 and 5 since i don't really see my static clearing either. lol (i just cringed, saying that. lol.)

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29900 starwarsjunky

wish i could give squeenix moneys and make a copy of my character (without money/items, only keeping gear sets) on a different server =/