Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4701 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

@LightR said:
@MethodManFTW said:

a watercooling (lining?) jacket for people.

wut?

damn, beat to the market.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4702 MethodManFTW

@LightR: Ha. I didn't know you actually had a character in dwarf fortress, I thought it was a god game.

LightR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4703 LightR
Member since 2009 • 17739 Posts

@MethodManFTW said:

@LightR: Ha. I didn't know you actually had a character in dwarf fortress, I thought it was a god game.

The adventure mode is secondary to the RTS part. Its pretty neat because you can build a dwarf fortress then visit it as another character after it has collapsed. Since I played it last you can travel as a bard, poet, musician in a troop now. The most fun Ive had is with a wrestling and throwing character. If you starting ripping people to shreds you pick up their body parts and throw them as weapons.

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4704 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

What did you guys think of the God of War change?

I liked it, willing to give them a change to try a new formula. I'm sure I'll get used to the slower pace of combat. Hopefully the story will be much better as well.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4705 MethodManFTW

@Terrencec06 said:

I liked it, willing to give them a change to try a new formula. I'm sure I'll get used to the slower pace of combat. Hopefully the story will be much better as well.

Loved it. Another square square triangle overhead view God of War game? I'm out.

This though? Definitely intrigued.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4706 MethodManFTW

bought a vive. O_o

LightR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4707 LightR

@Terrencec06 said:

It looked like For Honor with finishers.

LightR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4708 LightR

@MethodManFTW said:

bought a vive. O_o

Im trying to sell my R9 290 and get an RX 480. I bought it for $200 and expect to make atleast $180 back. Then when I graduate in two years I might reassess the VR market and decide what to do then.

I might be running on an HP 4870 for about a month until nonreference cards release... :S

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4709 MethodManFTW

@LightR: Can't wait for the 480 to hit the market, hopefully more VR games will get developed when VR ready cards are actually affordable. I actually wanted an Oculus but they aren't shipping until August so I said **** it and got the Vive. and the business practices of Oculus are definitely rubbing me the wrong way, Palmer Lucky the liar.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4710 MethodManFTW

woah, swearwords are censored now? shit **** ****

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4711 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

Made it to my first e3! Crossing this off my bucket list :D

LightR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4712  Edited By LightR

@Bikouchu35 said:

I went to my first Comic Con this year. It was pretty exciting despite it being mostly vendors.I would love to go to E3 one day; it's not incredibly crowded, as in lots of line ups, is it? What was your highlight?

LightR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4713 LightR

@LightR said:
@MethodManFTW said:

bought a vive. O_o

Im trying to sell my R9 290 and get an RX 480. I bought it for $200 and expect to make atleast $180 back. Then when I graduate in two years I might reassess the VR market and decide what to do then.

I might be running on an HP 4870 for about a month until nonreference cards release... :S

I;m hoping in two years VR is $250-300. PSVR looks interesting, especially since they said it'd be running on current hardware, but I want to see how far they can push that hardware in a closed ecosystem.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4714 MethodManFTW

@Bikouchu35 said:

how'd you get in? like everyone in the fighting game community gets in but i don't know how... I just assume they are all sharing MarkMans (FGC dude that works for Namco) badge. You press or somethin?

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4715 MethodManFTW

@LightR: Yeah, I could totally see that price point in a few years (hopefully). One thing that needs to be figured out is VR exclusives, that is one thing I think could really kill/hurt VR. Palmer Lucky said that was something Oculus wouldn't do/wasn't interested in.... and now, not so much. Really hope Arkham VR isn't exclusive to PSVR, I would love to play that.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4716 Bikouchu35

@LightR said:
@Bikouchu35 said:

I went to my first Comic Con this year. It was pretty exciting despite it being mostly vendors.I would love to go to E3 one day; it's not incredibly crowded, as in lots of line ups, is it? What was your highlight?

Its not incredibly crowded, I think anime or comic conventions are usually much more crowded than e3 by far. However they can only cram so many gaming booths and events, so expect linnness too. I think is very much worth going once in a lifetime. Certain games like Forza only took 10 minutes, but the highlight was battlefield 1 that took an hour to wait and play altogether. They put you in a 48 player room which was sick. Also I think I caught eye with Naomi Kyle from ign, but she was walking too fast for me to get a picture with her.

Which comic con was it? I'm definitely dying to into sd comic con every year. I wonder how tight their security is for cc, I manage to walk around e3 with someone else tag :D. I've been to anime expo and wondercon just not CC yet.

LightR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4717  Edited By LightR

@Bikouchu35 said:
@LightR said:
@Bikouchu35 said:

Its not incredibly crowded, I think anime or comic conventions are usually much more crowded than e3 by far. However they can only cram so many gaming booths and events, so expect linnness too. I think is very much worth going once in a lifetime. Certain games like Forza only took 10 minutes, but the highlight was battlefield 1 that took an hour to wait and play altogether. They put you in a 48 player room which was sick. Also I think I caught eye with Naomi Kyle from ign, but she was walking too fast for me to get a picture with her.

Which comic con was it? I'm definitely dying to into sd comic con every year. I wonder how tight their security is for cc, I manage to walk around e3 with someone else tag :D. I've been to anime expo and wondercon just not CC yet.

Ottawa ComicCon so it was relatively new and therefore small. I think the one in Montreal is better established and is coming up in July, but I'm undecided if I want to go again so soon.

...And I'd probably wait an hour to play BF so yeah, not that bad.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4718 MethodManFTW

I dunno if i would wait an hour for WWI Battlefield.. I would most definitely wait like two hours to play hopefully at least 20-30 minutes of Titanfall 2 tho.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4719 Bikouchu35

@MethodManFTW said:

I dunno if i would wait an hour for WWI Battlefield.. I would most definitely wait like two hours to play hopefully at least 20-30 minutes of Titanfall 2 tho.

It was more like 20-30 minute wait then 20-30 minute of briefing video + gaming. Don't remind me of Titanfall 2, and so many other games that I didnt play!@!

I got to play rigs psvr, kicked bhutt in it, but two vr games I played gave me mild motion sickness. It felt great demo'ing the thing, but I wouldn't buy it in the near future. All the games has resolution issues, jaggies galore. Was able to hope into gran turismo after which was same old gt with updated graphics, nothing new.

Finally got a pict with naomi kyle though :D

LightR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4720  Edited By LightR

Benchmarking my R9 290 it seems like it should have been binned as an MSI Lightning. Beat every other score on 3DMark and its not even OCd by 150 MHz.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4721 Bikouchu35

@LightR said:

Benchmarking my R9 290 it seems like it should have been binned as an MSI Lightning. Beat every other score on 3DMark and its not even OCd by 150 MHz.

What cpu do you have? Doesn't cpu help boost the score a bit too?

My 290 is a dog, mined reference launch card with crappy Elpida(?) ram. Hates being oc'd or tinkered with.

LightR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4722  Edited By LightR

@Bikouchu35:

FX 8350 but its comparing my card to other systems with the same CPU so it's not that. Doubt it's my ram since it's only 1800 (?). Maybe their database is only comparing it to the reference card then the score would make sense, and explain the clock difference I think. Otherwise I got some good silicone.

Here's the benchmark.

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/8836305

Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4725 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts

New God of War looks dope. I'm digging the new direction they're going and the fact that it has a mythological Last of Us vibe to it. Sure hope they don't bang the story up too bad.

Other than that, Kojima's new game is the only thing I'm anxious to see more of. Though, I'd rather see a few more chapters added to the end of MGSV. Yeah, I'm still not over it. Lol

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#4726 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts

@MethodManFTW said:

woah, swearwords are censored now? shit **** ****

****... That's bullshit.

LightR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4727  Edited By LightR

Hoping AMD stock dips down and I'll buy in at 4.85. I didn't think it'd drop as much as it did earlier today and I got a bit greedy and then it shot back up 0.30 $. I think it'll slowly go down the rest of the day though.

EDIT: And its plummeting again and I'm unsure ~ hovering at 87.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4728 MethodManFTW

today seems like a good day to buy, but who knows, maybe things will get worse?

LightR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4729  Edited By LightR

@MethodManFTW said:

today seems like a good day to buy, but who knows, maybe things will get worse?

Yea of course, I just figure AMD is on the up and up. It's probably even overvalued right now with all the fanboys buying in, and I don't expect Polaris to change things around as I'm more so waiting for Zen. If anything the GPUs will free up funds for them to push into VR more heavily or other ventures. They need to diversify more like NVIDIA to be worth much.

I didn't put much in, and really want to put a little in some other companies too. Its more play money than anything.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4730 MethodManFTW

I just meant mostly with the GB/EU split going on it seems like the market is taking a hit... Might be a good time to buy more? :P

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4731 Terrencec06

Officially made it to Halo 4, series is pretty good so far. So happy to finally be able to sprint in 4 lol

LightR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4732  Edited By LightR

Looks like the 580 is a sidegrade to the 390, minimal upgrade from 290. I don't mind paying $100 for support and a 2 year warranty, I'm just going to wait for AIBs incase theres problems with the reference. Apparantly the PCIe power draw is above regulation or there was a problem with review copies because they had unique BIOSs to switch between 4GB and 8GB. Looking towards a Saphire card, probably go binned (Nitro) since the process is new and varies a lot.

EDIT: More coming in that it matches a 390X in most games with a slight overclock.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4733 MethodManFTW

You mean 480? O.O

LightR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4734 LightR

Yes.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4735 MethodManFTW

Nice. You going 8gb right?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4737 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56088 Posts

Honestly I think Horizon: Zero Dawn look better then the new God of War game but in another way, I'm liking the way this new God of War is going for, TLOU Joel/Ellie to Kratos/Son route from the vids I saw at E3. Already pre-order Horizon: Zero Dawn digital version.

LightR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4738 LightR

@MethodManFTW:

I think the Nitro will only come as 8GB. I would prefer 4GB since I only ever plan to use this rig for 1080p. Rumour has it that the Toxic line up is coming back in a few months.

LightR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4739 LightR

@davillain-:

I really though the close third person perspective was really weird. I liked it more in For Honor because it seemed like the character had more weight behind their swings. Really depends how Kratos interacts with swarms of minions to make me decide if I like it ~ story-wise I don't care too much.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4740 Bikouchu35

Hitting that con fatigue. 7th straight year heading to anime expo saw a lot of overwatch cosplayers. I still look forward to it, but I think the fun factor for me has plateaued. Way too many people and not enough events to go around.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4741 MethodManFTW

Finally found my character in SFV I think.. Sticking with Laura for now. Urien looks awesome so I will want to play him but I've never been good with charge characters.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4742 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56088 Posts

@LightR said:

@davillain-:

I really though the close third person perspective was really weird. I liked it more in For Honor because it seemed like the character had more weight behind their swings. Really depends how Kratos interacts with swarms of minions to make me decide if I like it ~ story-wise I don't care too much.

For Honor looks interesting but however, I need to see more gameplay before I consider buying it. Hopefully Sony shows more on Kratos before I put this on my list.

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4743 Terrencec06

Finally finished the Halo MCC, getting good series. Wish I would have owned a Xbox back in the day, but I was a broke kid. Only thing that pissed me off was the broken achievements.

MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4744 MrSelf-Destruct

So, I just finished replaying the first chapter of The Phantom Pain. I liked it a lot better this go around. Things seemed to piece together a lot more organically than I remembered, and Skull Face's long-winded speech actually made sense. I guess I got over the initial disappointment that story was and just accepted it for what it is. I still see at least a dozen things they could have changed to make it even better, more fitting for the MGS universe. But whatever... I'm just happy they at least made one chapter feel complete before rushing through the rest of it. There was too much shit going down during development to expect much better.

At this point, I hope Konami just leaves the franchise alone unless they're going to get Kojima's team back together long enough to finish chapter 3 as DLC. If they plan to flesh out the stories of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2, they should just let Telltale do it or something. Tactical Espionage Action will never be the same without Hideo.

Jesus, am I still on about this? Stupid 20 year obsession...

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4745 MethodManFTW

Yeah, I think Phantom Pain overall is pretty good. Definitely wanted more from it, but overall I was happy with it.

I'm getting close to finishing another run through the Mass Effect games... Think you spurred that one. >.<

MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4746  Edited By MrSelf-Destruct

Yeah, man. I regret nothing. Those games still play like new. And like MGSV, I enjoyed the big finale a lot more with my expectations already deflated to hell. Extended cut + Leviathan makes it so much more palatable. It also helps that playing on insanity makes all three games, like, 1000x more fun. I'm going to give it another couple of years and try another class. Doubt anything will top Infiltrator for me, though.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4747  Edited By MethodManFTW

No kidding, Infiltrator + Black Widow V is basically a 1-shot on everything in the game. The literal only DLC left I had that I hadn't bought already for ME3 on PC was the weapon pack, Omega, and Citadel. I am not a fan of the weapon pack at all.. All the weapons suck to me... I played Omega all the way through yesterday.. It's been awhile since I played the game on consoles so I couldn't remember what I didn't like about it..

Now I remember! It is Shepard + Aria + a female turian the whole time... You can't use anyone from your crew... Aria is ok, but I would put her bottom 3 even if she was in my main crew, though her abilities are pretty neat. The female turian is boring and her abilities are boring. Retaking Omega from Cerberus is boring. Think I'm gonna wait till the very end to do the Citadel DLC... I remember it being ok, but it is so fan servicey... If I remember right there might not be any game play, just hanging out with the crew. Both are nowhere near Leviathan, which I think is one of the stronger quest lines in the whole game, though I think the game is packed with great missions.

MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4748 MrSelf-Destruct

I didn't want to buy the whole lot of DLCs when I replayed on the 360, so I did a lot of googling to see which ones people liked best. In the Bioware forums it was almost unanimously Citadel and Omega. Everywhere else, it was anything but, due to the same reasons you describe: Omega is boring and Citadel is nothing but fan service. So, those were the two I ignored. lol

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4749 MethodManFTW

WTF bioware forums. -___-

Looks like today is the day I finish up ME3. I took James on a mission for once, and god damn he has a ton of dialogue compared to everyone else.

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4750 Terrencec06

I think I'm going to buy the NX when it's released. I normally wait on nintendo consoles but Day 1 for me this year, as long as it has 2 games I want on release.