The FW 2.40 poll...u like wat u see?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ChiSoxBombers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ChiSoxBombers
Member since 2006 • 3700 Posts

No.

no

no

ye..no

v_rfranco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 v_rfranco
Member since 2004 • 282 Posts
i was hoping that sony would pressure devs to release patches for games as soon as 2.4 was given the green light for release, but i guess we have to wait now and c if we actually get patches for games previously released b4 2.4
Matt_Bremner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Matt_Bremner
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
I thought everything would be slightly more... integrated. I assumed that the trophiy sysem would work in a backwards compatible kind of way where it checked your saves and rewarded you trophies retroactively. Though this is unrealisticthe more I think about it, I was still disappointed.
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

lol guess im the only one who said yes :P i actually really do like it , cuz finally i can messege while in a game :)

and by the way did you guys see the PSN store ? cuz it was updated a little too i mean the boxes are shinning now ") that is cool too and i also liked the turn off system icon

psyum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 psyum
Member since 2006 • 3268 Posts
i dont like it that much, i know its gonna get better, but as of now, the only thing i like is in game messagin:), and im gonna like it even more when games are patched for trophies and in game music
NinjaSkills247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NinjaSkills247
Member since 2008 • 312 Posts
I got everything that they told me I was going to get. So I got everything I was expecting.
ddskater828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 ddskater828
Member since 2003 • 44 Posts
wish they could have updated all games to include trophies O_o srsly id love a reason to play thru mgs4 again or compete online with rock band
Warhearted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Warhearted
Member since 2005 • 236 Posts
My main anticipation was the trophy system, which is clearly in its earliest stages thus far. I'm willing to have patience and wait for Sony and devs to work with it and develope it further.
gayguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gayguy
Member since 2003 • 1077 Posts

jsut a test

ck02623

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 ck02623
Member since 2003 • 1534 Posts
I'm happy with it :-) Sign of good things to come.
jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jeremiah06
Member since 2004 • 7217 Posts

Why are all PS3 owners that post on this board so freaking negative? It's not like you guys paid for it or anything; they don't HAVE to give ANYTHING to you. Be grateful :-)ck02623

exactaly free is never bad

timster118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 timster118
Member since 2005 • 259 Posts
2.40 is defective somehow, Sony has pulled the update. It is not available right now for those that don't already have it.
edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts
Defective ain't the word for it...
Androvinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 Androvinus
Member since 2008 • 5796 Posts
sony must really hate all ungrateful bastards now. wtf is the matter with u people that said no
Wargasm_No1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Wargasm_No1
Member since 2008 • 72 Posts
Yes it did, Sony delivered allright!! :)
YourDaddy88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 YourDaddy88
Member since 2006 • 923 Posts

U mofos need to stop crying.

Sony has been great with constant updates to the PS3 OS. Just look at how far it's come since launch day and how much more we can do now vs then. Stop crying like a bunch of little babies and pull up your skirts. Play on.

deepsme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deepsme
Member since 2005 • 226 Posts
It's just a tad clumsy..with the slowness and all..but i'm optimistic that they'll sort it out in the future just like they did with the store today..
Last_One_Left

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 Last_One_Left
Member since 2007 • 263 Posts
Its basically beta :P
deepsme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deepsme
Member since 2005 • 226 Posts

Its basically beta :PLast_One_Left

yeah..i get the feeling it was rushed.

rmerri52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 rmerri52
Member since 2007 • 1824 Posts
I like it a lot...in game XMB and i actually am looking forward to beating some of my old games again...Motorstorm will suck i got Gold Metal in every race so that will be a little rough.
rmerri52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 rmerri52
Member since 2007 • 1824 Posts
I like it a lot...in game XMB and i actually am looking forward to beating some of my old games again...Motorstorm will suck i got Gold Metal in every race so that will be a little rough.
jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts

No.

no

no

ye..no

ChiSoxBombers

There wasn't anything wrong with the update, if you really think about it most of the features in the 2.40 update are a big part of HOME. The way I see this is it's the main start of HOME being released.

Some of HOME's main features were trophies and in game XMB along with a few other features.

Avatar image for SamcottsPSWii60
SamcottsPSWii60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SamcottsPSWii60
Member since 2008 • 428 Posts

I was happy with the way it was, so to have that improved by quite a bit, is great!

And I think people are forgetting that it's FREE, atleast they're making strides in the right direction, instead of staying put with what it was released with. I don't see how people can feel disappointed with the most significant update yet.

NerdEmperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 NerdEmperor
Member since 2004 • 965 Posts
So is the only game with trophies right now Super Stardust HD?
SoyUnPerdedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SoyUnPerdedor
Member since 2006 • 426 Posts

You can't really do anything with it, other than look at it. Nobody likes a tease.

It's okay cause it's free? Free nothing! I paid $500 for this piece!

420Token420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 420Token420
Member since 2007 • 5173 Posts

You can't really do anything with it, other than look at it. Nobody likes a tease.

SoyUnPerdedor

Did Sony hold a gun to your head? No .. you made that choice ..

big_boss4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 big_boss4life
Member since 2006 • 2633 Posts
They had a lot of time to work on it.. but it feels plain and ugly, besides the *NEW FEATURES* only work with one game.....
FstBrk342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 FstBrk342
Member since 2005 • 1527 Posts
the immediate lack of music and trophies was expected, they announced it before it came out. so i wasnt disappointed at all, im just happy that in the mean time i can send messages while playing a game.
cifru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29 cifru
Member since 2005 • 2211 Posts
Profile is kinda....lame, "oh you can put the languages you speak over here", but what about the GAMES YOU PLAY? By that i mean, some type of an xfire like profile(yes I've written this before). On the other hand the in-game xmb is great.
thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts
It has not lived up to expectations. Having all these features, but then being able to use them is annoying.
thadude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 thadude85
Member since 2008 • 447 Posts

all i can say is you get what you ask for, people just HAD to have the update right now instead of waiting.

BZSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BZSIN
Member since 2005 • 7889 Posts
Sony could've just not bothered with updates at all and left the firmware at 1.00. I don't get how people can be disappointed in new features that come at no extra cost that Sony could just as easily not bother adding.
pspdseagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 pspdseagle
Member since 2007 • 3307 Posts
Yes. I hate the damn whiners! Stupid spoiled people who never feeled satisfied
king23_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#34 king23_
Member since 2007 • 18169 Posts
The only problem is that we need games that have trophies, but hopefully that's fixed soon.
mattzz10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mattzz10
Member since 2007 • 315 Posts
People seem like sony can't tweak this system at all. Even the store was slow when it started but they have tweaked it so that it has gotten better.
ds360fn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 ds360fn
Member since 2006 • 1184 Posts

I like messaging but lack of music is meh.

and to those who are saying this feels rushed I agree with you but we should have had this since launch!

and last thing, during games does your xbm feel alittle laggy?

ronniepage588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#37 ronniepage588
Member since 2003 • 4188 Posts
um okay. how could you say no? you liked it better before? its better than no update at all. so its yes for me.
Joncon88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Joncon88
Member since 2007 • 267 Posts

um okay. how could you say no? you liked it better before? its better than no update at all. so its yes for me.ronniepage588

This update is pure crap! And yes, I like it before 2.4, atleast our PS3's weren't locking up and dying on us. This update is so half-baked it's not even funny. Sony has been messing with this for quite some time now, and all they give us is 1 game for trophies, and text messaging.

In my opinion Text messaging is horrible. I'm not going to stop an online game to text someone back, and come back to my game to find my character dead on the ground. In game chat should have been in this update, no questions asked. In game music should not have to be patched by dev. either. PS3 is basically a super computer, so why not have music running in the background like you do on a PC? It's possible, all you need is the RAM, and PS3 has ram.This was Sonys way to make people shut up, and say here is XMB now be happy. Like I said, this XMB is nothing more then a slap in the face.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts
I don't see what the big deal is. The clock could've been done a long time ago. Aside from that, nothing really.
SoyUnPerdedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SoyUnPerdedor
Member since 2006 • 426 Posts
[QUOTE="SoyUnPerdedor"]

420Token420

Did Sony hold a gun to your head? No .. you made that choice ..

Oh...well when you put it like that, I guess it's alright that everything sucks

RodJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 RodJR
Member since 2007 • 169 Posts
i think its great..all i really wanted was in-game xmb to not have 2 quit my game every 10 mins...2 reply 2 a msg...so yeah this is perfect...everything else was extra......i really dnt need trophies...no1 asked 4 it...but now that its out every1 is complaining about em......ungrateful...wh*Res
IxDRAILxI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 IxDRAILxI
Member since 2008 • 394 Posts

I was happy with the way it was, so to have that improved by quite a bit, is great!

And I think people are forgetting that it's FREE, atleast they're making strides in the right direction, instead of staying put with what it was released with. I don't see how people can feel disappointed with the most significant update yet.

SamcottsPSWii60
omg people saying its free please just shut up! we paid alot of money for our systems we shouldnt have to wait for the most simple things.
Tyelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Tyelly
Member since 2006 • 66 Posts

[QUOTE="ronniepage588"]um okay. how could you say no? you liked it better before? its better than no update at all. so its yes for me.Joncon88

This update is pure crap! And yes, I like it before 2.4, atleast our PS3's weren't locking up and dying on us. This update is so half-baked it's not even funny. Sony has been messing with this for quite some time now, and all they give us is 1 game for trophies, and text messaging.

In my opinion Text messaging is horrible. I'm not going to stop an online game to text someone back, and come back to my game to find my character dead on the ground. In game chat should have been in this update, no questions asked. In game music should not have to be patched by dev. either. PS3 is basically a super computer, so why not have music running in the background like you do on a PC? It's possible, all you need is the RAM, and PS3 has ram.This was Sonys way to make people shut up, and say here is XMB now be happy. Like I said, this XMB is nothing more then a slap in the face.

THANK YOU! You said everything I wanted to say. WTF is with the music? I go to play GTA with my music to find that I still have to listen to the crap they put into the game. OH and a nice kick in the pecker! I go to play COD 4, but can't play my damn music. This update was useless. Grow a pair sony and don't release some half-assed update just because some little douchebags can't wait 5 minutes for their XMB, which is buggy as all hell.

jay_rock_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jay_rock_
Member since 2003 • 1720 Posts

U mofos need to stop crying.

Sony has been great with constant updates to the PS3 OS. Just look at how far it's come since launch day and how much more we can do now vs then. Stop crying like a bunch of little babies and pull up your skirts. Play on.

YourDaddy88
Well said...