The FFXV Thread [Now for PS4]

This topic is locked from further discussion.

frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#101 frostybanana
Member since 2010 • 5523 Posts

[QUOTE="frostybanana"]

[QUOTE="hxczuner"] Does that mean we're going to be dealing with Fal'cie again? The way they structured XIII makes it kind of hard to make a game that takes place in the past, in the same universe, with a completely different character set. I guess maybe it could happen before the war where . Like, the fal'cie are still there but the conflict isn't involving them. I can't think about this anymore... Nomura damn well better deliver.

hxczuner

im not sure, maybe it's in the future and not the past. either way, i hope that they're completely unrelated. it does seem to me that noctis is a ridiculously strong character. way stronger than anyone in FF13, so maybe it's in the future?

well, all we've really seen are CG trailers. I mean, in XIII's cutscenes Snow and Lightning do some wicked **** they're not that powerful in-game. Or, think about Cloud in Advent Children....or any other cg scene. They always look stronger than they are in actual gameplay. Off topic: That pisses me off. When a character one hits countless enemies in a movie, then it takes you 5 minutes to kill one... anyway. In any case, I'm really excited and I at this point that's all that matters.

yeah, but none of them were quite like Noctis. the guy made a million swords appears around him and sliced through like 1578497542 soldiers.
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#102 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"]I am so lucky I just played the part where... [spoiler] Fang admits to Vanilla she remembers she was Ragnarok [/spoiler] because I would've killed you if I didn't... hxczuner

Hence, the spoiler tag ;). I mean, if you haven't beat the game yet, clicking on a spoiler tag is an awful idea. :roll:

You suck lol
Solid-CELL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 Solid-CELL
Member since 2006 • 5910 Posts
That's some sick screens, yup..
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Young_Charter
That's some sick screens, yup..Solid-CELL
The screenshot?
hxczuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#105 hxczuner
Member since 2009 • 2672 Posts

[QUOTE="hxczuner"]

[QUOTE="frostybanana"] well, all we've really seen are CG trailers. I mean, in XIII's cutscenes Snow and Lightning do some wicked **** they're not that powerful in-game. Or, think about Cloud in Advent Children....or any other cg scene. They always look stronger than they are in actual gameplay. Off topic: That pisses me off. When a character one hits countless enemies in a movie, then it takes you 5 minutes to kill one... anyway. In any case, I'm really excited and I at this point that's all that matters.

frostybanana

yeah, but none of them were quite like Noctis. the guy made a million swords appears around him and sliced through like 1578497542 soldiers.

Ha...true. Speaking of which, I'm still waiting for the "This is a sequel to VII" announcement. Just wait, it's going to end up being in Midgar. I mean, the sword thing?? Come on...

and since I can't find a pic from advent children...here

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Young_Charter

[QUOTE="frostybanana"][QUOTE="hxczuner"] yeah, but none of them were quite like Noctis. the guy made a million swords appears around him and sliced through like 1578497542 soldiers. hxczuner

Ha...true. Speaking of which, I'm still waiting for the "This is a sequel to VII" announcement. Just wait, it's going to end up being in Midgar. I mean, the sword thing?? Come on...

dang.....good point..
hxczuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 hxczuner

[QUOTE="hxczuner"]

[QUOTE="frostybanana"]yeah, but none of them were quite like Noctis. the guy made a million swords appears around him and sliced through like 1578497542 soldiers. Young_Charter

dang.....good point..

Plus, half of that trailer has a Cloud watermark in the corner. Maybe they've explained that part, I don't know, but I find it interesting.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Young_Charter
The magazine people loser lol
hxczuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 hxczuner

What?

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Young_Charter

What?

hxczuner
lol its a SE like magazine bro
hxczuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 hxczuner

oh, ok...gotcha. Well fine...but the sword thing? No coincedence

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Young_Charter

hxczuner
the top right meant them...
hxczuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 hxczuner

[QUOTE="hxczuner"]

Young_Charter

Yeah I got that, I didn't put that together at first. That cover though, it reminds me of how much of a little **** Cloud is :|. At least in XIII, the protagonist actually IS a little ****...PROGRESS!!

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Young_Charter
[QUOTE="hxczuner"]

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="hxczuner"]

Yeah I got that, I didn't put that together at first. That cover though, it reminds me of how much of a little **** Cloud is :|. At least in XIII, the protagonist actually IS a little ****...PROGRESS!!

lol ooo wow
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Young_Charter
[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="hxczuner"]

the top right meant them... Young_Charter

lol ooo wow

Who knows, We'll just have to wait and see.
hxczuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 hxczuner

You know it's true. I mean, I love Cloud, Squall, Titus, Vaan, etc..., but they're all whiney little **** At least in XIII, they decided to make the protagonist a woman. AND, she did nothing but piss me off the whole time. I know Snow's a douche, but for crying out loud, just be nice to him...for your sister....sorry. /rant

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Young_Charter

You know it's true. I mean, I love Cloud, Squall, Titus, Vaan, etc..., but they're all whiney little **** At least in XIII, they decided to make the protagonist a woman. AND, she did nothing but piss me off the whole time. I know Snow's a douche, but for crying out loud, just be nice to him...for your sister....sorry. /rant

hxczuner
lol haha.... Well think about it, if you made a hot game right ? You want the sequel or spin off to be complimented like the first one correct ? ESPECIALLY when the game media is on it and filling things up in their head.
hxczuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 hxczuner

This got really off topic...I hope I don't get reported :roll:.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Young_Charter

hxczuner
I doubt it... I don't see anything wrong unless it's a good negative reason..
hxczuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 hxczuner
[QUOTE="hxczuner"]

Young_Charter

I mean...they've been on a bit of a spree lately. But regardless, I was being facetious. I really just want them to detail the combat system now, I know we spent a lot of time speculating in the LBL...that's all I want to see right now.
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Young_Charter
[QUOTE="hxczuner"][QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="hxczuner"]

I mean...they've been on a bit of a spree lately. But regardless, I was being facetious. I really just want them to detail the combat system now, I know we spent a lot of time speculating in the LBL...that's all I want to see right now.

Cuz it's summer time... Even tho it should be like this on winter time lol but it came to the point I wanted to stay in the LBL because I didn't want no problems.. but good news come around and they are reasons to make this PS3 thread hot so I always wander out and post lol
Laser_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Laser_Hunter
Member since 2010 • 4780 Posts
who cares, the game is gonna be terrible... that is if it even releases...
TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 TheEldestGod
Member since 2010 • 4142 Posts
I wonder if that's supposed to be Pulse before it went to ruin.
frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 frostybanana
I wonder if that's supposed to be Pulse before it went to ruin. TheEldestGod
what makes you say that? i've been seeing more people speculate that the game takes place before ff13. is there something i missed?
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Young_Charter
Man... Let's have a LBL party!!!! BTW: I still need to interview someone for the month of the independence day
Dahaka-UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Dahaka-UK
Member since 2005 • 6915 Posts

This game takes place on a totally different planet to FFXIII. Same universe though.. Which essentially means nothing.

TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 TheEldestGod
[QUOTE="TheEldestGod"]I wonder if that's supposed to be Pulse before it went to ruin. frostybanana
what makes you say that? i've been seeing more people speculate that the game takes place before ff13. is there something i missed?

Yeah, that's what I mean. When you visit Pulse in FFXIII there's crumbled buildings and traffic lights indicating that it used to be a big city there at one point that resembles something from our time. Since VsXIII resembles something more like modern day I figured that it could have something to do with the disaster that caused Pulse to become what it is in XIII.
frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 frostybanana
[QUOTE="frostybanana"][QUOTE="TheEldestGod"]I wonder if that's supposed to be Pulse before it went to ruin. TheEldestGod

Yeah, that's what I mean. When you visit Pulse in FFXIII there's crumbled buildings and traffic lights indicating that it used to be a big city there at one point that resembles something from our time. Since VsXIII resembles something more like modern day I figured that it could have something to do with the disaster that caused Pulse to become what it is in XIII.

ah yeah, that could be true. that would actually be a neat situation.
TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 TheEldestGod

This game takes place on a totally different planet to FFXIII. Same universe though.. Which essentially means nothing.

Dahaka-UK
How do you know that, though? In XIII they never mentioned how Pulse came to be in ruins other than the monsters roaming the place. I think that Vs may explain how that all came to be. Since they're a part of the same mythology (Nova Crystalis Fabulosa or something another) I'm pretty certain that the Fal'cie will have a role to play in this game as well. If they do then it would make since for it to take place on Pulse.
frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 frostybanana
[QUOTE="Dahaka-UK"]

TheEldestGod
How do you know that, though? In XIII they never mentioned how Pulse came to be in ruins other than the monsters roaming the place. I think that Vs may explain how that all came to be. Since they're a part of the same mythology (Nova Crystalis Fabulosa or something another) I'm pretty certain that the Fal'cie will have a role to play in this game as well. If they do then it would make since for it to take place on Pulse.

it does make a lot of sense, i'll give you that. and, though i've heard they'll be largely unrelated, i've also heard that they will be using the same mythology so you're theory is entirely possible.
TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 TheEldestGod
[QUOTE="frostybanana"][QUOTE="TheEldestGod"][QUOTE="Dahaka-UK"]

it does make a lot of sense, i'll give you that. and, though i've heard they'll be largely unrelated, i've also heard that they will be using the same mythology so you're theory is entirely possible.

Yeah, I think so. Only time will tell, though. I hope they reveal some more detail at the TGS this year as well as... dum dum dum... A RELEASE DATE! :P
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Young_Charter
Yeah, because FFXIV isn't coming out till next year on PS3 but this year on PC.
a_simple_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 a_simple_gamer
Member since 2010 • 1338 Posts
Not bad, but i cant say i am very impressed, seems like the standard stuff actually we saw in FF13 too, only less colorfull
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Young_Charter
Not bad, but i cant say i am very impressed, seems like the standard stuff actually we saw in FF13 too, only less colorfulla_simple_gamer
I keep forgetting I have to beat FFXIII lol
frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 frostybanana
[QUOTE="a_simple_gamer"]Not bad, but i cant say i am very impressed, seems like the standard stuff actually we saw in FF13 too, only less colorfullYoung_Charter

It was kind of difficult for me to finish it too. Not because it was hard, but because I honestly can't play it for more than and hour or 2 at a time. It's just poorly paced.
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Young_Charter
[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="a_simple_gamer"]Not bad, but i cant say i am very impressed, seems like the standard stuff actually we saw in FF13 too, only less colorfullfrostybanana

It was kind of difficult for me to finish it too. Not because it was hard, but because I honestly can't play it for more than and hour or 2 at a time. It's just poorly paced.

I know right ? I want to sit down and play it, but I can't sit down on it for hours and hours like the old Final Fantasies.. It doesn't seem like a Final Fantasy lol I think I am going to give it a try right now though.
hxczuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 hxczuner

[QUOTE="TheEldestGod"][QUOTE="Dahaka-UK"]

frostybanana

They've said that it's based on the same mythos. That, to me, implies that Fal'cie, L'cie, Eidolons, etc... will all play a part. If they're going to keep those things, I can't imagine them changing the rest of the world. I really think it's going to be what TheEldestGod said, on Pulse in the past. [spoiler] Fang as Ragnarok final boss battle!!! [/spoiler]

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Young_Charter

[QUOTE="frostybanana"][QUOTE="TheEldestGod"] How do you know that, though? In XIII they never mentioned how Pulse came to be in ruins other than the monsters roaming the place. I think that Vs may explain how that all came to be. Since they're a part of the same mythology (Nova Crystalis Fabulosa or something another) I'm pretty certain that the Fal'cie will have a role to play in this game as well. If they do then it would make since for it to take place on Pulse. hxczuner

They've said that it's based on the same mythos. That, to me, implies that Fal'cie, L'cie, Eidolons, etc... will all play a part. If they're going to keep those things, I can't imagine them changing the rest of the world. I really think it's going to be what TheEldestGod said, on Pulse in the past.

...............I hate you

frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 frostybanana

They've said that it's based on the same mythos. That, to me, implies that Fal'cie, L'cie, Eidolons, etc... will all play a part. If they're going to keep those things, I can't imagine them changing the rest of the world. I really think it's going to be what TheEldestGod said, on Pulse in the past.

hxczuner

I have a slight prediction about the game after considering a couple of elements. But if I'm right I don't want to ruin it so I'll spoiler tag it.

[spoiler] If it takes place in the past AND is heavily inspired by Shakespearean works (which it is), then I'm almost certain that Noctis will die at the end of this game. Also probably that chick who seems to be rivaling him in the trailer. [/spoiler]

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Young_Charter

[QUOTE="hxczuner"]

frostybanana

I have a slight prediction about the game after considering a couple of elements. But if I'm right I don't want to ruin it so I'll spoiler tag it.

Romeo n Juliet

frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 frostybanana

[QUOTE="frostybanana"]

[QUOTE="hxczuner"]

Young_Charter

Romeo n Juliet

yeah except not as gay
hxczuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 hxczuner

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"]

[QUOTE="frostybanana"]

frostybanana

Romeo n Juliet

yeah except not as gay

Romeo and Juliet is not gay I'm a Lit. Major, don't **** with me.

frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 frostybanana

[QUOTE="frostybanana"][QUOTE="Young_Charter"] Romeo n Juliet

hxczuner

yeah except not as gay

i dunno, it's pretty darn gay...:D
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Young_Charter
[QUOTE="hxczuner"]

[QUOTE="frostybanana"] yeah except not as gayfrostybanana

lmao hilarious...... but for real... Don''t underestimate the plot yet.
frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 frostybanana

[QUOTE="frostybanana"][QUOTE="hxczuner"] Romeo and Juliet is not gay I'm a Lit. Major, don't **** with me.

Young_Charter

not underestimating it at all. i actually have high expectations for it.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Young_Charter

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="frostybanana"] i dunno, it's pretty darn gay...:Dfrostybanana

Same here, I am actually being slowly paitient for the game so It could come out successful. I wish they could tell us the other main characters names
frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 frostybanana
[QUOTE="frostybanana"]

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"] lmao hilarious...... but for real... Don''t underestimate the plot yet.Young_Charter

Same here, I am actually being slowly paitient for the game so It could come out successful. I wish they could tell us the other main characters names

hmm name ideas: ocean wind icicle bar of soap tree sky beach mountain dirt sand
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Young_Charter

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="frostybanana"]

frostybanana

lol.... Lightning and Snow was a different story..

frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 frostybanana

[QUOTE="frostybanana"][QUOTE="Young_Charter"] Same here, I am actually being slowly paitient for the game so It could come out successful. I wish they could tell us the other main characters namesYoung_Charter

Lightning was almost bearable, but then they throw in Snow and I was like WTF??? I can't take those characters seriously now.
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Young_Charter
[QUOTE="Young_Charter"]

[QUOTE="frostybanana"] hmm name ideas: ocean wind icicle bar of soap tree sky beach mountain dirt sandfrostybanana

Lightning was almost bearable, but then they throw in Snow and I was like WTF??? I can't take those characters seriously now.

I thought It was going to have something to do with seasons at one point lol