The Darkness- Where to now ???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tonesonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tonesonic
Member since 2008 • 374 Posts

Heya

i have fallen in love with The Darkness recently; and am looking for a shooter (first or third person) which captures the dark vibe, gritty-ness and brutality of the game. Any suggestions ?

I am loving the graphics, the gore and the evil of The Darkness, and am already well stocked with war games and FPS games, so if anyone has any suggestions I would be stoked. Resistance the original is on it's way as we speak, so anything else along those lines would be awesome.

I was stoked in the opening credits of TD to see Mike Patton was doing vocals for The Darkness character. Priceless, and never mentioned in the reviews or hype for the game. Strange..

Cheers.

360jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 360jack
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Hey, Glad you like the game, cause I personally loved it, but its a shame i cant seem to find anyone to play with on multiplayer. Anyway the only games that comes to mind for the ps3 are Resistance 2 and dead space.
tonesonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tonesonic
Member since 2008 • 374 Posts

Awesome man, thanks...I have Resistance 1 in the mail, should get it tomorrow, so as soon as I have worked through it, with any luck R2 will be a little cheaper..

And as soon as I am through with the single player campaign in TD, I will message you for a little online filth.

Thanks mate.

StarchildAD789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 StarchildAD789
Member since 2008 • 286 Posts
Clive Barker's JERICHO
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
Dark Sector is good for a play through. Can be had for $18 used too.
Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts

Heya

i have fallen in love with The Darkness recently; and am looking for a shooter (first or third person) which captures the dark vibe, gritty-ness and brutality of the game. Any suggestions ?

I am loving the graphics, the gore and the evil of The Darkness, and am already well stocked with war games and FPS games, so if anyone has any suggestions I would be stoked. Resistance the original is on it's way as we speak, so anything else along those lines would be awesome.

I was stoked in the opening credits of TD to see Mike Patton was doing vocals for The Darkness character. Priceless, and never mentioned in the reviews or hype for the game. Strange..

Cheers.

tonesonic

Sounds to me like Dead Space and Bioshock are 2 games you need to check out man. You seem open minded enough and I think you'd really appreciate them.

Bioshock is more creepy then gore, but it has an awesome story and some very cool powers/weapons.

Dead Space is the Horror/Gore type, but it lacks a little in the story department. It wont have you as connected to the plot as the Darkness did. The Darkness is an awesome game btw.

inthered2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 inthered2
Member since 2004 • 1156 Posts

Always good to see some love for this game. A true diamond in the rough.

I would recommend Resistance (either 1 or 2) as well. I haven't played Dark Sector yet but I will sometime soon early next year.

Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts

[QUOTE="tonesonic"]

Heya

Cheers.

Mau-Justice

Sounds to me like Dead Space and Bioshock are 2 games you need to check out man. You seem open minded enough and I think you'd really appreciate them.

Bioshock is more creepy then gore, but it has an awesome story and some very cool powers/weapons.

Dead Space is the Horror/Gore type, but it lacks a little in the story department. It wont have you as connected to the plot as the Darkness did. The Darkness is an awesome game btw.

Yeah those are the games I would recommend as well. I wholeheartedly agree on The Darkness being an awesome game. It's probably my favourite game plot this generation, I really learned to love the game's world and characters.

Another game I would recommend would be Siren: Blood Curse. It's not a shooter (it's a sort of stealth / survival horror hybrid) but it does have an incredibly dark and creepy atmosphere and plot. The game's enemies, the zombie like Shibito, can be dispatched in a number of brutal ways but the clincher is that they don't stay dead, so you've always got to stay on your toes.

tgschmidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tgschmidt
Member since 2004 • 3167 Posts
glad to see others that like The Darkness. I really had fun with the game. It was one of those rare games where i actually connected with the lead. and the loading screens were just great :)
Flam3Thr0w3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Flam3Thr0w3r
Member since 2007 • 1222 Posts
Bioshock. You will like it if you liked The Darkness.
Avatar image for Lord__Darkstorn
Lord__Darkstorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Lord__Darkstorn
Member since 2007 • 2031 Posts
Bioshock, Dark Sector, Dead Space.
yonnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 yonnex
Member since 2006 • 1265 Posts
Get deadspace man you will love it!!!
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

Clive Barker's JERICHO StarchildAD789

Actually, that's perfect.

It's not a great game, but since you're into nitty-gritty horror FPS games, like The Darkness (which I also thought was amazing), you should definitely give Jericho a try.

Again not the most amazing FPS out there, but it will definitely deliver to a fan of the genre like you.

I liked it as well :]

hilltops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hilltops
Member since 2005 • 1833 Posts

I read most posts..i have alot to say. :P

I also loved The Darkness one of my
first and favourite games for PS3.

Definately recommend Dark Sector make
sure you get the 18+ version..
you gota love in-game decapitation :D

I also have Bioschock in the mail..
When it first came out i wanted it bad
and didnt realise it was a timed-exclusive..
Cannot wait to get that damn game!! :evil:

360jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 360jack
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Yeah I forgot to mention Bioshock, good game for a playthrough or 2. Dark Sector is a great game and as stated above get the 18+ version, it is awesome. You can never tire of cutting peoples heads off and seeing it from a first person view. And Jericho is creepy too and not a bad game.