Telltale poker night 2 is the most broken game ever.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

I figured that I like telltale and enjoy poker so I will give telltale poker night 2 a try since its on ps+ instant games. I have never ever played a more broken game in my life. It is constantly saving during the hand, stuttering and freezes. It is freezing so much that I had like 40% of my tournaments freeze and then i have to push the reset button. I had never had a game do that so ridiculously much. I thought maybe it didnt download correctly but there are many others online saying the same exact freezing issues. Are you playing this game? Are you experiencing freezes? Are there any tips that could stop the freezes? Does anybody play that other poker game on psn? high stakes poker i think its called.

Tubatica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Tubatica
Member since 2004 • 166 Posts

yeah this game is a steaming pile on PS3. I had high hopes for it too as I found the idea pretty cool to play with different characters from several games, but the freezing all the time and losing your progress is unbearable. I doubt they care to fix it either.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

It is a horrible game. If I actually paid for it, I would demand a refund because it is pretty much unplayable. I am surprised that there isn't a great poker game for the ps3. World Series poker didn't get good reviews. I am surprised that 2008 was the last PS3 disc version game. High Stakes Poker's graphics are pretty bad and there aren't many features in it. Poker Night 2 is broken and unplayable. I think the best option is probably Poker on Playstation Home. I tried it last night and it isn't too bad but not great. It is also free and that is always good.

AJC3317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#4 AJC3317
Member since 2003 • 2546 Posts

the patch made it better, but it still does suffer from hiccups for sure

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Pretty much agreed, outside of a few Sims games on the PSP.

Ironically enough, it's probably my most played game of 2013...

jekyll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#6 jekyll
Member since 2002 • 9140 Posts

Too many gambling games are garbage. I remember one I had that didn't start each hand with a new deck, only shuffling if there were less than 10 cards left after a hand. if you got two kings in one hand, you knew you couldn't get them in the next unless you heard the shuffle.

RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RossRichard
Member since 2007 • 3738 Posts

Yeah aside from Brock Samson, there is nothing about this game that is noteworthy. Aside from the stutters, jitters and want-to-punch-Claptrap-in-the-face dialog, the actual gambling is broken as well.

If you want to play poker on the PS3, just get Red Dead Redemption. It is sad that a minigame in RDR is much, much better than actual poker games that they expect people to pay money for.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Blabadon

@RossRichard said:

Yeah aside from Brock Samson, there is nothing about this game that is noteworthy. Aside from the stutters, jitters and want-to-punch-Claptrap-in-the-face dialog, the actual gambling is broken as well.

If you want to play poker on the PS3, just get Red Dead Redemption. It is sad that a minigame in RDR is much, much better than actual poker games that they expect people to pay money for.

Yo, legit? No kidding, I sold my copy of RDR a long time ago because it was absolutely boring, but as a poker game, is it worth rebuying?

RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RossRichard
Member since 2007 • 3738 Posts

@Blabadon said:

@RossRichard said:

Yo, legit? No kidding, I sold my copy of RDR a long time ago because it was absolutely boring, but as a poker game, is it worth rebuying?

I would say buy it for the game itself. How far did you get in it? The story does take a little to get going, but it is awesome. As far as the poker in the game, it is much better than PN2 IMO. You can probably get RDR for $10 or so these days, so for that I say go for it.

PyratRum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 PyratRum
Member since 2013 • 778 Posts

@Blabadon said:

@RossRichard said:

Shame on you for having shit taste and not likeing RDR, but yes, having RDR around as a poker game is totally worth it. I honestly spent more time playing poker than any other side mission or side activity in that game. Hell, sometimes I'd just fire up RDR to play poker or liar's dice. The second DLC pack, Liars and Cheats, adds multiplayer functionality to poker and liars dice which is still active with plenty of players.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Blabadon

@pyratrum said:

@Blabadon said:

@RossRichard said:

Shame on you for having shit taste and not likeing RDR, but yes, having RDR around as a poker game is totally worth it. I honestly spent more time playing poker than any other side mission or side activity in that game. Hell, sometimes I'd just fire up RDR to play poker or liar's dice. The second DLC pack, Liars and Cheats, adds multiplayer functionality to poker and liars dice which is still active with plenty of players.

Red Dead's flaws are too numerous for me to take many people seriously on it, so don't give me that shit Acid! :P

I'll try that out. Thanks Acid and Ross.

jetjetjaguar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 jetjetjaguar
Member since 2011 • 192 Posts

I was shocked that Sony put such a poorly programed game on plus. I agree about how much fun the mini-games are in RDR.