Tales of Symphonia C. HD or FFX-X2 HD

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 0

Edited By Young_Charter

Poll Tales of Symphonia C. HD or FFX-X2 HD (15 votes)

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles HD 33%
Both 33%
Final Fantasy X-X2 HD 33%

I would like both. I'm just now getting into the tales series. I still have yet to open up and play Tales of Graces F.

• 
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#1 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Both for me.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

Both games have a mediocre sequel attached that nobody asked for (back then, or now), so that's a tough call.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

Definitely getting FFX HD on Vita..

Definitely not getting a Tales game. :P

DivineSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DivineSword  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 15840 Posts

Only FFX HD for me, was never a fan of the Tales series.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Getting both. Can't decide which I'm more excited for. I guess FF since I actually liked the sequel. The sequel for Symphonia blows balls. I'm getting the collection solely for the first Symphonia and all its HD glory.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts

@Randolph said:

Both games have a mediocre sequel attached that nobody asked for (back then, or now), so that's a tough call.

Which sequel could you put up with the most ? lol

@DivineSword said:

Only FFX HD for me, was never a fan of the Tales series.

I don't mind giving it a try.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

@yokofox33 said:

Getting both. Can't decide which I'm more excited for. I guess FF since I actually liked the sequel. The sequel for Symphonia blows balls. I'm getting the collection solely for the first Symphonia and all its HD glory.

i feel exactly the same

I am a..bit embarrassed to admit this but i actually really like 10-2...... and it probably has something to do with the fact that i was a horny teenager when i first played it.....

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Young_Charter

@ShepardCommandr said:

@yokofox33 said:

i feel exactly the same

I am a..bit embarrassed to admit this but i actually really like 10-2...... and it probably has something to do with the fact that i was a horny teenager when i first played it.....

Thats what X-2 was all about lol. Yuna's chest tattoo (or w.e it was) and Rikku's little thong lol.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

@Young_Charter said:

@ShepardCommandr said:

@yokofox33 said:

i feel exactly the same

Thats what X-2 was all about lol. Yuna's chest tattoo (or w.e it was) and Rikku's little thong lol.

all about the fanservice....

Remember that scene where you play this "massage" mini game?

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Young_Charter

@ShepardCommandr said:

@Young_Charter said:

@ShepardCommandr said:

@yokofox33 said:

i feel exactly the same

all about the fanservice....

Remember that scene where you play this "massage" mini game?

All I am going to say is I can understand why you liked X-2 so much after or during that scene.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

I would go with both, but if you could choose only one, then go with Final Fantasy. I have not played the original Symphonia, but the sequel is kind of meh. It is a better game, then most people give it credit for, but both Final Fantasy titles are great. X-2 gets a bad reputation for being light on story and a bit silly at times. It still is a great game in its own right though.

Lucky_Krystal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Lucky_Krystal
Member since 2011 • 1390 Posts

Both, because I want to experience TOS for the first time and want to drown in nostalgia for FFX and X-2.

Also, I'm not ashamed to say that I enjoyed X-2. Then again I was 10 when I first played it, so my opinion of it is clouded by nostalgia.

GuitarSmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GuitarSmash
Member since 2013 • 274 Posts

FFX. My favorite Final Fantasy game of all time. I think X-2 is just ok, but i really hate it for how they killed some of the greatest characters from FFX by making them dumb as bricks....

But FFX gets a bad rap for having many lengthy cutscenes and an annoying protagonist (i dont find him annoying, because the development in his character goes great with the story's tone and progression.) Also i thought FFX had the most amazing battle system ever, with Lightning Returns being the 2nd (but LR blows in all other departments)

I-AM-N00B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 I-AM-N00B
Member since 2012 • 470 Posts

I started playing Tales Of Symphonia today and am having alot of fun with it! The graphics may not be up to scratch but the battle system is simple and effective. Also enjoying the story so far too, it draws you in fairly quickly and is going along at a good pace, which makes you want to keep playing. If the rest of the game is as good as the first couple of hours then I highly recommend Tales Of Symphonia!

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Think about get the Tales of symphonia

SlyRoxas97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16 SlyRoxas97
Member since 2014 • 59 Posts

FFX

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

i'd get both but if i had to choose one, i would pick ffx-x2 only because ffx is a top 10 all time favorite game for me