Tales of Symphonia C. HD or FFX-X2 HD

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Young_Charter
Edited 3 years, 9 months ago

Poll: Tales of Symphonia C. HD or FFX-X2 HD (15 votes)

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles HD 33%
Both 33%
Final Fantasy X-X2 HD 33%

I would like both. I'm just now getting into the tales series. I still have yet to open up and play Tales of Graces F.

Avatar image for Bigboi500
#1 Posted by Bigboi500 (35550 posts) -

Both for me.

Avatar image for Randolph
#2 Edited by Randolph (10542 posts) -

Both games have a mediocre sequel attached that nobody asked for (back then, or now), so that's a tough call.

Avatar image for MethodManFTW
#3 Posted by MethodManFTW (26516 posts) -

Definitely getting FFX HD on Vita..

Definitely not getting a Tales game. :P

Avatar image for DivineSword
#4 Posted by DivineSword (15838 posts) -

Only FFX HD for me, was never a fan of the Tales series.

Avatar image for yokofox33
#5 Posted by yokofox33 (30774 posts) -

Getting both. Can't decide which I'm more excited for. I guess FF since I actually liked the sequel. The sequel for Symphonia blows balls. I'm getting the collection solely for the first Symphonia and all its HD glory.

Avatar image for Young_Charter
#6 Posted by Young_Charter (20055 posts) -

@Randolph said:

Both games have a mediocre sequel attached that nobody asked for (back then, or now), so that's a tough call.

Which sequel could you put up with the most ? lol

@DivineSword said:

Only FFX HD for me, was never a fan of the Tales series.

I don't mind giving it a try.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
#7 Edited by ShepardCommandr (4825 posts) -

@yokofox33 said:

Getting both. Can't decide which I'm more excited for. I guess FF since I actually liked the sequel. The sequel for Symphonia blows balls. I'm getting the collection solely for the first Symphonia and all its HD glory.

i feel exactly the same

I am a..bit embarrassed to admit this but i actually really like 10-2...... and it probably has something to do with the fact that i was a horny teenager when i first played it.....

Avatar image for Young_Charter
#8 Posted by Young_Charter (20055 posts) -

@ShepardCommandr said:

@yokofox33 said:

Getting both. Can't decide which I'm more excited for. I guess FF since I actually liked the sequel. The sequel for Symphonia blows balls. I'm getting the collection solely for the first Symphonia and all its HD glory.

i feel exactly the same

I am a..bit embarrassed to admit this but i actually really like 10-2...... and it probably has something to do with the fact that i was a horny teenager when i first played it.....

Thats what X-2 was all about lol. Yuna's chest tattoo (or w.e it was) and Rikku's little thong lol.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
#9 Posted by ShepardCommandr (4825 posts) -

@Young_Charter said:

@ShepardCommandr said:

@yokofox33 said:

Getting both. Can't decide which I'm more excited for. I guess FF since I actually liked the sequel. The sequel for Symphonia blows balls. I'm getting the collection solely for the first Symphonia and all its HD glory.

i feel exactly the same

I am a..bit embarrassed to admit this but i actually really like 10-2...... and it probably has something to do with the fact that i was a horny teenager when i first played it.....

Thats what X-2 was all about lol. Yuna's chest tattoo (or w.e it was) and Rikku's little thong lol.

all about the fanservice....

Remember that scene where you play this "massage" mini game?

Avatar image for Young_Charter
#10 Posted by Young_Charter (20055 posts) -

@ShepardCommandr said:

@Young_Charter said:

@ShepardCommandr said:

@yokofox33 said:

Getting both. Can't decide which I'm more excited for. I guess FF since I actually liked the sequel. The sequel for Symphonia blows balls. I'm getting the collection solely for the first Symphonia and all its HD glory.

i feel exactly the same

I am a..bit embarrassed to admit this but i actually really like 10-2...... and it probably has something to do with the fact that i was a horny teenager when i first played it.....

Thats what X-2 was all about lol. Yuna's chest tattoo (or w.e it was) and Rikku's little thong lol.

all about the fanservice....

Remember that scene where you play this "massage" mini game?

All I am going to say is I can understand why you liked X-2 so much after or during that scene.

Avatar image for gamenerd15
#11 Posted by gamenerd15 (4529 posts) -

I would go with both, but if you could choose only one, then go with Final Fantasy. I have not played the original Symphonia, but the sequel is kind of meh. It is a better game, then most people give it credit for, but both Final Fantasy titles are great. X-2 gets a bad reputation for being light on story and a bit silly at times. It still is a great game in its own right though.

Avatar image for Lucky_Krystal
#12 Edited by Lucky_Krystal (1390 posts) -

Both, because I want to experience TOS for the first time and want to drown in nostalgia for FFX and X-2.

Also, I'm not ashamed to say that I enjoyed X-2. Then again I was 10 when I first played it, so my opinion of it is clouded by nostalgia.

Avatar image for GuitarSmash
#13 Posted by GuitarSmash (274 posts) -

FFX. My favorite Final Fantasy game of all time. I think X-2 is just ok, but i really hate it for how they killed some of the greatest characters from FFX by making them dumb as bricks....

But FFX gets a bad rap for having many lengthy cutscenes and an annoying protagonist (i dont find him annoying, because the development in his character goes great with the story's tone and progression.) Also i thought FFX had the most amazing battle system ever, with Lightning Returns being the 2nd (but LR blows in all other departments)

Avatar image for I-AM-N00B
#14 Posted by I-AM-N00B (470 posts) -

I started playing Tales Of Symphonia today and am having alot of fun with it! The graphics may not be up to scratch but the battle system is simple and effective. Also enjoying the story so far too, it draws you in fairly quickly and is going along at a good pace, which makes you want to keep playing. If the rest of the game is as good as the first couple of hours then I highly recommend Tales Of Symphonia!

Avatar image for aroxx_ab
#15 Edited by aroxx_ab (13236 posts) -

Think about get the Tales of symphonia

Avatar image for slyroxas97
#16 Posted by SlyRoxas97 (59 posts) -

FFX

Avatar image for jsmoke03
#17 Posted by jsmoke03 (13696 posts) -

i'd get both but if i had to choose one, i would pick ffx-x2 only because ffx is a top 10 all time favorite game for me