Switching from sd to hd (help)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LasPlagasHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 0

#1 LasPlagasHope
Member since 2005 • 1356 Posts
I am switching to an hd tv and right now my ps3 is hooked up to a sdtv with composite cables and i am getting an hdtv for christmas and ps3 componant cables. My question is how do i got about changing the cables and my ps3 display settings while being able to see on the screen what I am doing I am kind of confused can I get some help here
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
Press the PS3 power and hold it till it's a long beep. it will change to whatever the new TV you had....
LasPlagasHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LasPlagasHope
Press the PS3 power and hold it till it's a long beep. it will change to whatever the new TV you had.... Dogswithguns
so I just plug the componant cables in to the ps3 and new tv and hold in the power button and it will automatically set it to the new standards cool!
mozesx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 mozesx
Member since 2004 • 4049 Posts
i bought an hdtv sunday and i just plugged in the hdmi cable, turned on the ps3, and it did it all by itsef
ryanweinmann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 ryanweinmann
Member since 2007 • 894 Posts
I would suggest getting a hdmi cord. It take up less space and look nicer.
LasPlagasHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LasPlagasHope
I would suggest getting a hdmi cord. It take up less space and look nicer. ryanweinmann
yeah i didnt know i was getting sucha nice tv and only got componant cables ill buy hdmi sometime in the future
parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 parvie
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts
You're in for a real treat! :)
junglist101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 junglist101
Member since 2007 • 5517 Posts

I am switching to an hd tv and right now my ps3 is hooked up to a sdtv with composite cables and i am getting an hdtv for christmas and ps3 componant cables. My question is how do i got about changing the cables and my ps3 display settings while being able to see on the screen what I am doing I am kind of confused can I get some help hereLasPlagasHope

You won't have to do anything if your current tv is a sdtv. The only time you wouldn't be able to see the image is if after you change the settings to hd you plug it back into your sdtv. Your sdtv won't be able to produce the higher resolutions giving you a blank screen. On your sdtv, the ps3 is at the lowest resolution setting but your hdtv not only displays high res but low res also. Ones you get it hooked up to your hd you'll need to change the display settings on your ps3 to get a better image.

Holding the power button from the off position will be most helpful if you move your ps3 back to your sdtv. Holding the power resets the sound and video settings to the lowest settings.

In short, just plug it in to your new tv when yopu get it. It should be fine.

jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts
For the difference in component and HDMI cables you would be ahead by just getting the HDMI cable. The price of HDMI cables has dropped a lot from about a year ago (some web sites these cables cost about $5.00 or so).