Suikoden 6 everyone?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Yannick_18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Yannick_18
Member since 2003 • 136 Posts

I am just wondering if someday we would get a Suikoden 6 for Playstation 3...Because all the Suikoden games except Suikoden 4... I liked it so much .... !!! What do you think everyone ?! Personnally I prefer those Suikoden titles in that order:

Suikoden 1 , 2 , 5 , 3 ,4 .... Mcdohl,Kage, Viktor and Blue Lightning Flik was always my favorite characters in the Suikoden

In Suikoden 6...Which characters do you want to see make a appearance in Suikoden 6 please ?

Me it would be ... Mcdohl, Kage, Viktor and Flik....Pesmerga,Georg and Clive ;)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 avataraang1
Member since 2006 • 5436 Posts
I've never played Suikoden
demiris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 demiris
Member since 2005 • 36 Posts
Hey, i'm a big Suikoden fan, i wish Konami will release a new suikoden with entirely new characters. My all time favourite has to be Flik though, and George from Suikoden 5 (what a stupid name really). Oh and i wish we will get suikoden 1+2 for the psp in english.That would be a blast.
ffxrox2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ffxrox2
Member since 2008 • 125 Posts
Well Konami has an untitled RPG coming...this could be Suikoden 6 =].
SquareRocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 SquareRocks
Member since 2005 • 446 Posts

In order I'd put them: 2,5,3,1,4

I'm looking forward to this game as well. I hope Flik, Georg, and Viki are in it.

tagzskie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 tagzskie
Member since 2006 • 151 Posts

im a suiko fan!! i wish crowley appearance in suko 6 IF EVER!! love his spell my fave suikoden in order. 2,5,1,3,4. (i love world map) slight disappointed in 3 because of change of world map.

Avatar image for TheLegendKnight
TheLegendKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 TheLegendKnight
Member since 2007 • 1853 Posts
3 killed the series for me, i dont know maybe i should try 5 because it seems 4 is another bad one but still i would want 6 if they make it good
istylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 istylee
Member since 2007 • 1117 Posts

If done like 3, hell yes.

But like 4...then no thanks.

demiris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 demiris

3 killed the series for me, i dont know maybe i should try 5 because it seems 4 is another bad one but still i would want 6 if they make it goodTheLegendKnight

Definitely try suikoden 5. I played 4 for around 20 hours and was disappointed so i dropped it. When 5 was released i was reluctant to play it, but after i tried it i loved it! It has some of the second's suikoden charm.Oh, and great characters too.

siwelcram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 siwelcram
Member since 2008 • 1183 Posts
IMO Suikoden jumped the shark with 2. Suikoden 3 I did not like. I am really hoping for Dark Cloud 3.
TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts
I want a Suikoden!!!
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

I really, REALLY hope so... Suikoden's a great series and the PS3 is kinda lacking RPGs as is.

Other franchises on PS2 I'd like to see revived?
- Ape Escape
- Dark Cloud
- Dragon Quest (I know it's going to DS, but I'd still like a next-gen DQ)
- Katamari Damacy
- Way Of The Samurai (I think 3's vaporware, sadly)

I don't think the creator of Katamari plans to make another one, instead focusing on Noby Noby Boy, but I'd even take a Beautiful Katamari port. The colors are sharper than the PS2 versions and it has widescreen support... and, of course, different levels.

I'd also like to see a Lumines game for PS3... I mean, if Xbox 360 can get one, I don't know why Sony couldn't.

Avatar image for kenshinhimura16
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kenshinhimura16
Member since 2005 • 7009 Posts
Ive been a fan since I met it with Suikoden 3. I was dying for Konami to bring 1 and 2 to the states for the PSP but it never happened. A friend of mine who is also a fan of the series is bothering me all the time regarding if I know if Suiko 6 was announced. Dman, how much I want it :( I hope Vikki and Jeanne are back :P
Avatar image for kenshinhimura16
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kenshinhimura16
Member since 2005 • 7009 Posts

I really, REALLY hope so... Suikoden's a great series and the PS3 is kinda lacking RPGs as is.

Other franchises on PS2 I'd like to see revived?
- Ape Escape
- Dark Cloud
- Dragon Quest (I know it's going to DS, but I'd still like a next-gen DQ)
- Katamari Damacy
- Way Of The Samurai (I think 3's vaporware, sadly)

I don't think the creator of Katamari plans to make another one, instead focusing on Noby Noby Boy, but I'd even take a Beautiful Katamari port. The colors are sharper than the PS2 versions and it has widescreen support... and, of course, different levels.

I'd also like to see a Lumines game for PS3... I mean, if Xbox 360 can get one, I don't know why Sony couldn't.

Generic_Dude

Regarding Dark Cloud, Level 5 is right now finishing WKC so it will be a while before they start something new. And Way of the Samurai 3 was confirmed a month ago, with a version of the first coming to PSP too. I loved the PS2 ones, I hope that we have more custom choices now for the character design and accesories too.

Yannick_18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Yannick_18
Member since 2003 • 136 Posts
Oh yeah I forgot about Viki !!!! I have all of the Suikoden except 4... I rent it and I think that's enough :p Didn't like to be always on the sea .... And if Konami have a untitled RPG's coming .... It sure has to be Suikoden 6...They have no other else except if they want to make something completely new.... But I don't think I would get the appeal !!! I like Suikoden .... and that's it :D

I wish Square-Enix could make another Xenogears :/ that game was so AWESOME! And I want another Legend of Legaia ... I love the series !!
X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts
3 killed the series for me, i dont know maybe i should try 5 because it seems 4 is another bad one but still i would want 6 if they make it goodTheLegendKnight

3 was phenomenal.
solaris1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 solaris1979
Member since 2003 • 1592 Posts
Well Konami has an untitled RPG coming...this could be Suikoden 6 =].ffxrox2
and it's going to be MS exclusive (^_^!)
1uP_OnYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 1uP_OnYou
Member since 2008 • 3183 Posts
Suikoden VI...I would love to have it.
Recca168

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Recca168
Member since 2004 • 225 Posts

[QUOTE="ffxrox2"]Well Konami has an untitled RPG coming...this could be Suikoden 6 =].solaris1979
and it's going to be MS exclusive (^_^!)

That would suck. I'll buy suikoden for the Wii before i get it for the 360 :( Mainly because I don't plan on ever getting a 360... lol

They can't make a suikoden without Viki or Jeanne lol.

TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#20 TriangleHard
Member since 2005 • 9097 Posts

I'd LOVE to see Suikoden 6 on PS3.

I guess my order of liking would be

5, 2, 1, 3, 4

TheLegendKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TheLegendKnight

[QUOTE="TheLegendKnight"]3 killed the series for me, i dont know maybe i should try 5 because it seems 4 is another bad one but still i would want 6 if they make it gooddemiris

Definitely try suikoden 5. I played 4 for around 20 hours and was disappointed so i dropped it. When 5 was released i was reluctant to play it, but after i tried it i loved it! It has some of the second's suikoden charm.Oh, and great characters too.

ok then tell me if you liked 3 or not... if you liked 3 i think i wont try 5 too >.>
[QUOTE="TheLegendKnight"]3 killed the series for me, i dont know maybe i should try 5 because it seems 4 is another bad one but still i would want 6 if they make it goodX_CAPCOM_X

3 was phenomenal.

in being the worst ?

while 2000 and 2001 games have smooth graphics Suikoden 3 has clunky, robotic graphics

while everyone works with orchestral musics in games' everywhere since 98, you only make a great opening video and forget the rest of the game...

while you had ( yes yourself ) great 6 choosable characters in battle, again yourself ruin it with 3 choosable 2-man parties which lets you to give your commands to only one character makes the second character totally useless...

while your character can run in all battlefield to attack, even it means to passing rear flank enemies, he just cant attack any enemy on rear flank...

while the game makes you think like you have choices, they dont effect anything...

and this list continues... for the worst rpg ever...

TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TriangleHard
[QUOTE="demiris"]

[QUOTE="TheLegendKnight"]3 killed the series for me, i dont know maybe i should try 5 because it seems 4 is another bad one but still i would want 6 if they make it goodTheLegendKnight

ok then tell me if you liked 3 or not... if you liked 3 i think i wont try 5 too >.>
[QUOTE="TheLegendKnight"]3 killed the series for me, i dont know maybe i should try 5 because it seems 4 is another bad one but still i would want 6 if they make it goodX_CAPCOM_X

3 was phenomenal.

in being the worst ?

while 2000 and 2001 games have smooth graphics Suikoden 3 has clunky, robotic graphics

while everyone works with orchestral musics in games' everywhere since 98, you only make a great opening video and forget the rest of the game...

while you had ( yes yourself ) great 6 choosable characters in battle, again yourself ruin it with 3 choosable 2-man parties which lets you to give your commands to only one character makes the second character totally useless...

while your character can run in all battlefield to attack, even it means to passing rear flank enemies, he just cant attack any enemy on rear flank...

while the game makes you think like you have choices, they dont effect anything...

Actually I agree with you.

I thought Suikoden 3 was pretty bad. When 5 came out I was more than excited because it went back to the old-school Suikoden way.

Hopefully they keep up with the old-school gameplay.

Tacticity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Tacticity
Member since 2008 • 421 Posts
Dont worry guys MS is not getting suikdoen 6 at all. I'm just saying this to those people who think so. If your wondering about what platfrom its coming to, its coming only for the psp. I would really like it the most if it was on the ps3. But at least were getting it.
Maersyndel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Maersyndel
Member since 2005 • 402 Posts
Suikoden 6 would be almost as good as a new Breath of Fire....
TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TriangleHard

Suikoden 6 would be almost as good as a new Breath of Fire....Maersyndel

Breath of Fire series have way too many ups and downs to be as exciting as Suikoden series.

KuraudoKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 KuraudoKiller
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

i have played all suikoden games except 3 which i want really to play it

I m defenately sure that konami will make another suikoden and i hope the story will be the continue of another suikoden like 1,2,3 not after 200years like 4

demiris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 demiris
[QUOTE="demiris"]

[QUOTE="TheLegendKnight"]3 killed the series for me, i dont know maybe i should try 5 because it seems 4 is another bad one but still i would want 6 if they make it goodTheLegendKnight

3 was phenomenal.

in being the worst ?

Unfortunately i haven't played suikoden 3 because it hasn't been released in europe, and i haven't modded my ps2 until recently. 2 was by far the best in the series with 1 following. 5 was certainly a well made rpg.4 was soooo boring, i dropped it after 3-4 days. You HAVE to play 5 though, it has the same charm as the 1-2 suikoden (as i said in my earlier post).

TheLegendKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TheLegendKnight

Unfortunately i haven't played suikoden 3 because it hasn't been released in europe, and i haven't modded my ps2 until recently. 2 was by far the best in the series with 1 following. 5 was certainly a well made rpg.4 was soooo boring, i dropped it after 3-4 days. You HAVE to play 5 though, it has the same charm as the 1-2 suikoden (as i said in my earlier post).

demiris

thats a relief.
when 5 came out I was more than excited because it went back to the old-school Suikoden way.TriangleHard

so i'll try 5, thanks

aden21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 aden21
Member since 2005 • 216 Posts
never played it
AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 AuthenticM
Member since 2007 • 748 Posts
I am a big Suikoden fan. I was hoping that Konami would have unveiled S6 at this year's E3, but alas. I hope the game will be for the PS3, and I also hope we either get Suikoden 1&2 for the PSP or the PSN.
Liwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Liwin
Member since 2007 • 53 Posts

BEST to worst

2 5 3 1 4

The one I hate is our main char can't talk and didn't have a real name Except Suikoden 3.

I never played 1 & 4.

ninjavelmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ninjavelmor
Member since 2004 • 1053 Posts
suikoden6 would be great. #3 is one of my fav rpgs of all time. collecting all the party members is really fun, and i would love to do it on the ps3
AIDA_Morganna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#33 AIDA_Morganna
Member since 2009 • 283 Posts

i have played all suikoden games except 3 which i want really to play it

I m defenately sure that konami will make another suikoden and i hope the story will be the continue of another suikoden like 1,2,3 not after 200years like 4

KuraudoKiller

Suikoden IV came roughly 200 years BEFORE suikoden 1 & 2 noob. If you use Ted's lifeline as a point of refference it's rather simple.

Ted was given the Soul Eater by his grandfather, then wandered the world until relinquished the Soul Eater Rune to the Fog Ship Captain noted in Suikoden IV, 150 years later, The hero from IV caused Ted to get the Rune back, and help him. After the events of IV, Ted continued his roaming of the world, until Teo McDohl found Ted on a battle field, and thinking him just a boy, took him in where he became friends with Tir McDohl, as in Suikoden I.

A-ryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 A-ryan
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Well, guys... i am writing the first time. But i have to say ,suikoden 6? I would like it of course, but on PS2, Xbox,psp,ps3 and wii. Well, you know all great hits are made for many consoles. And by the way, suikoden 2 has the best story, suikoden 4 and 5 realistic movements and good graphic, suikoden 3 is the suikoden i dont like it to much. The fighting system is bad, graphic even worse.... :S But hey,,, I had some idea, about couple days ago. Would you like to play Suikoden as a MMORPG? I mean a rpg online? and the best part is everybody is looking for the true runes, wich are very good hided. :D I would like to meet some charachters from the storys too. Well, just a dream of a Suiko-fan. :S
TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TriangleHard

Well, guys... i am writing the first time. But i have to say ,suikoden 6? I would like it of course, but on PS2, Xbox,psp,ps3 and wii. Well, you know all great hits are made for many consoles. And by the way, suikoden 2 has the best story, suikoden 4 and 5 realistic movements and good graphic, suikoden 3 is the suikoden i dont like it to much. The fighting system is bad, graphic even worse.... :S But hey,,, I had some idea, about couple days ago. Would you like to play Suikoden as a MMORPG? I mean a rpg online? and the best part is everybody is looking for the true runes, wich are very good hided. :D I would like to meet some charachters from the storys too. Well, just a dream of a Suiko-fan. :SA-ryan

Suikoden will never be MMORPG.

Well I guess it can be, but if it becomes MMORPG, it won't be done right. Since Suikoden series never gets the budget it deserves.

As for Suikoden story, I personally think 5 had the best story. Most organized plot with good structure and build up. Also 5 was the only Suikoden that actually explained the world they created in satisfying manner.

A-ryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 A-ryan
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Hm....well, maybe you are right. They cant make a MMORPG, even if they wont. Like you said, they dont have enough budget. Well, as long suikoden exists im happy :D Just, the bad part of this story is that there is 27 true runes. And every story has used minimal 2 true runes. (suikoden1- 2 runes, suikode2- 3 runes, suikoden3- 5 runes, suikoden4- 1 rune, suikoden5- 3 runes... well thats i know...i think, for rahpsodia or tactics, i dont know for sure,,,or tierkreis, i am gonna play it soon.) If they use all runes, it would be stupid to make new runes, cause that would change the whole history of suikoden and the basic story of the world creation. Suikoden 6,,maybe the last or not? I dont know....you tell me. And that for Suikoden 5, i didnt, finish it, cause i had some problems whti my Mem card.
tallt414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 tallt414
Member since 2009 • 29 Posts
you can recruit George in suikoden 2 as well!
FstBrk342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 FstBrk342
Member since 2005 • 1527 Posts

say 6 comes out would u need to have played the others to get the story line or is it more like FF with different stories each time?

TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TriangleHard

say 6 comes out would u need to have played the others to get the story line or is it more like FF with different stories each time?

FstBrk342

Suikoden so far has been seperate story each game.

Few Cid-like characters to make cameos and stuff, but mostly the story remains seperate.

You should play previous game anyway since they are good, but you don't need to play them.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#40 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

well if they ever release it, i hope its still turn based....i hate how wrpg's have been affecting jrpg's. ive been seeing the shift to some kind of realtime element in gameplay...i enjoy turn based much better

tallt414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 tallt414
Member since 2009 • 29 Posts

FstBrk342
all the games are connected thru the treu runes and some of the story line, and are a particular point on a time line, but not to the point where youd need to play one to understand the othr...the story lines for each individual games are really well put together (yes even suikoden 4 lol)
triunidragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 triunidragon
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
What I would like to see out of S6 is for it to integrate with past Suikoden's the kind of the way S2 did with S1. I would like to see it have a bigger impact than just bringing over the main Char. but I thought that was one of the best aspects of S2.
triunidragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 triunidragon
No story is different for the most part the only thing that really connects them are the 27 true runes.
triunidragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 triunidragon
What would work the best is if they could make it so you decide the way you play the char. Either turn based or some variation of the rest of the RPG's of the past.