suggestions - good fps for newbies? if any?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DSgurl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

#1 DSgurl
Member since 2005 • 909 Posts

I'm getting a PS3 soon and am wondering what's a good FPS for newbies. The only fps I've played through is Re4, but it's not run-and-gun, so I'm not familiar with that style yet. i've heard that resistance and fallout are good, as well as the COD series.

Are there any that have a good single player campaign that's easy to get into? I'd mostly be playing on my own, so I'm not too worried about a great multiplayer experience.

Thanks for any suggestions.

soldine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 soldine
Member since 2007 • 1980 Posts

Re4? FPS?

basically, fps are relatively easy games once you get the hang of them, id say call of duty is what your looking for

Rottenwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Rottenwood
Member since 2004 • 1786 Posts

Modern Warfare is basically the industry standard. You can sharpen up your skills in the solo campaign and then go into multiplayer to see what you're made of. And, incidentally, hear what 5 million shrieking teenage boys sounds like.

If you want something more sophisticated and with a great story, I'd lean towards the BioShock games. Or the Orange Box, which is packed with awesome.

Khadaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Khadaj32
Member since 2009 • 3157 Posts

I'm getting a PS3 soon and am wondering what's a good FPS for newbies. The only fps I've played through is Re4, but it's not run-and-gun, so I'm not familiar with that style yet. i've heard that resistance and fallout are good, as well as the COD series.

Are there any that have a good single player campaign that's easy to get into? I'd mostly be playing on my own, so I'm not too worried about a great multiplayer experience.

DSgurl

Go for Bad Company 2, my friend. The campaign has three levels of difficulty, and the easy mode is really forgiving without spoiling the nature of the game. The multiplayer is also quite fresh, and teaches you quick as you mostly focus on working together, even if you;re not communicating on a mic.

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts

If you want something more sophisticated and with a great story, I'd lean towards the BioShock games. Or the Orange Box, which is packed with awesome.Rottenwood

These. They aren't all that difficult on easy setting, great singleplayer experiences, and don't require twitch reflexes either...

chevaldefer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 chevaldefer
Member since 2005 • 81 Posts

DSgurl

Those are good game, put in order without the online multiplayer.

1- FALLOUT 3 (This is realy realy good, its a role playing game with a first person shooter in the same game, if you do get this game make sure to save often and go easy with the main quest because its short, you can do some side quest or just explore the open world.This game is good 100hrs if you do it all and if you get the GOTY edition for 30$ you just boost the hours of playing. But be aware the goty version got some bug in it, game freeze so save your game very often.)

2-GRAW 1&2

3-Resistance 1&2

4-MW 1&2

5-Battlefield Bad company 1&2

taplok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7 taplok
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts

Resistance: Fall of Man & Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.