This topic is locked from further discussion.

SirOWNZalot86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SirOWNZalot86
Member since 2008 • 695 Posts
how are the 40 GB doin? how are the 80gb doin? just wondering cuz i have a 60 GB launch console and i think its diying. i have a 3 year warranty tho so im not too worried... but i know they no longer sell my model, i was wondering which one i should get instead as a replacement, hopefully my warranty is still good in this case, just to let you know its from gamecrazy thanks
sweet1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 sweet1234
Member since 2003 • 196 Posts
Well I have had 3 ps3's now 1, 60 GB and 2, 40 GB my 60 GB died right after its one year warrenty but I had bought a 3 year warrenty on it, so then I bought a 40 GB it lasted not even a week due to disc read failure and now im on my 3rd one and its working strong
sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sa10kun
Member since 2007 • 4290 Posts
Do you mean failure rate? If so i'm still on my first 40 gig ps3 had it since last november.::hugs ps3:: My cousins have an 80gig(new one) and a 20 gig that are both going pretty strong still.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
My 60GB also died last week. Well, it didn't die but it stopped reading discs. I assume the newer models would be more reliable.
sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sa10kun

My 60GB also died last week. Well, it didn't die but it stopped reading discs. I assume the newer models would be more reliable.Floppy_Jim

was it still under warranty?

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Floppy_Jim

[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"]My 60GB also died last week. Well, it didn't die but it stopped reading discs. I assume the newer models would be more reliable.sa10kun

The 1 year warranty ran out last month but the Sony guy on the phone said they would repair it for free. Which impressed me.
sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sa10kun
[QUOTE="sa10kun"]

[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"]My 60GB also died last week. Well, it didn't die but it stopped reading discs. I assume the newer models would be more reliable.Floppy_Jim

The 1 year warranty ran out last month but the Sony guy on the phone said they would repair it for free. Which impressed me.

Awesome. Were you really polite on the phone? I kinda think that people will often give you a break when you're not screaming profanities at them.

SirOWNZalot86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SirOWNZalot86
Member since 2008 • 695 Posts
cool, how about the 80 gig, are they still making those? i wonder if game crazy would let me trade in my 60 gb for the 80 gb model, since i did pay 599 for mine...
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Floppy_Jim
[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"][QUOTE="sa10kun"]

sa10kun

Awesome. Were you really polite on the phone? I kinda think that people will often give you a break when you're not screaming profanities at them.

Not especially poilte, but certainly not rude. One of the first things he said was that they would repair it for free. Later in the conversation I told him I bought my PS3 in October 2007 and he didn't mention anything about a fee. I had a nasty feeling I would have to pay for a refurbished model- which would have pissed me off because I have the BC model which the newer models don't support. But they're repairing it for free instead so I'm relatively happy. :)
sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sa10kun
[QUOTE="sa10kun"][QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"] The 1 year warranty ran out last month but the Sony guy on the phone said they would repair it for free. Which impressed me.Floppy_Jim

Not especially poilte, but certainly not rude. One of the first things he said was that they would repair it for free. Later in the conversation I told him I bought my PS3 in October 2007 and he didn't mention anything about a fee. I had a nasty feeling I would have to pay for a refurbished model- which would have pissed me off because I have the BC model which the newer models don't support. But they're repairing it for free instead so I'm relatively happy. :)

That's cool. I sent in my sixaxis cause it was broken and they sent me back a dualshock 3. Haha I

sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 sa10kun
[QUOTE="sa10kun"][QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"] The 1 year warranty ran out last month but the Sony guy on the phone said they would repair it for free. Which impressed me.Floppy_Jim

That's cool. I sent in my sixaxis cause it was broken and they sent me back a dualshock 3. Haha I