Stuck, in 'The'Darkness', bug?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

iamsickofspam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 iamsickofspam
Member since 2007 • 1043 Posts

Im basically stuck on the darkness, i talk to jackies girlfriend and she falls asleep on him i watch the tv for a while, and it no longer gives me the option to get up and leave, and no matter what button i press other than select or start nothing happens.

What the hell do i do, am i suppost to wait untill the 'to kill a mockingbird' finnishes on the tv, because i tried that, the tv screen goes black and i still cant get up.

realmarine187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 realmarine187
Member since 2007 • 513 Posts
Ok, heres what to do. Go to the Darkness forum and do a little research. Bye.
iamsickofspam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 iamsickofspam

i get the impression im suppost to get a get up and leave prompt when i look around but it doesnt work.

is this a bug anybody else has had?

Koneesha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Koneesha
Member since 2006 • 1621 Posts
look at jenny and you should see the prompt.
iamsickofspam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 iamsickofspam

tried that mate it doest work at all.

it worked at first, and then she kissed jackie and kind of fell asleep, and it said it unlocked an achievement.

and now the prompt doesnt come up, im wondering if my autosave is bugged or something.

jelopek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jelopek
Member since 2005 • 694 Posts

Just go to phone and call to butcher...

thats all...then you can go

iamsickofspam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 iamsickofspam

erm i cant even get jackie to get up, his girlfriend has fallen asleep on him and it wont give me the prompt to actually get up.

Gaston77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Gaston77
Member since 2004 • 99 Posts
If you sit out the movie that you watch with Jenny, you should be able to get up (and get rewarded for sitting it out as well!!)
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
yea u need to sit out through the whole movie and then shell fall asleep and ull get up and leave, u have to wait at elast 5 min or less
Karycam718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Karycam718
Member since 2005 • 491 Posts
Slap her a$$ and tell her to get of you the butttons for that is up, up, up, down, down, down, left, left, left.
enotlp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 enotlp
Member since 2005 • 26 Posts
You can just reload to the last checkpoint, which is right when you get to jenny's apartment. Then just skip all the conversation with jenny and go straight to the phone andcall the butcher.
ringbling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ringbling
Member since 2004 • 969 Posts

Ok, heres what to do. Go to the Darkness forum and do a little research. Bye.realmarine187

Agreed, try doing some of your own research before asking other people to do the work for you.

CrowOTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CrowOTH
Member since 2006 • 61 Posts

Mate i had this problem its a bug, just restart from the last checkpoint and sit down wait till she kisses u then u should get the prompt shortly after that happens when she falls asleep.

Its a quite common bug

iamsickofspam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 iamsickofspam

To the people telling me to do some research, why even post in the thread in the first place you added nothing constructive, you guys didnt help at all, i wasnt asking for a walkthrough because i was finding the game tough, if thats what i wanted i would have checked GAMEfaqs.com, which i did first to make sure i wasnt doing some wrong.

I wanted help with what i thought was a bug, i wasnt sure if this was a bug or not which is why i asked, if you look at the topic title it says Bug?) but as i have reloaded the game from a fresh restart of the console its been fine, it wouldnt even work from the checkpoint, untill i switched off the ps3 and restarted the game from the checkpoint from the previous play.

I can pretty much say this appears to be a bug in the game, and the only way around it for me, was to switch off the console, and switch it back on again, and start from the checkpoint, a rather serious bug if you ask me.

Note to the people who genuinely did try to help, thank you, its much apreciated.

iamsickofspam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 iamsickofspam

Mate i had this problem its a bug, just restart from the last checkpoint and sit down wait till she kisses u then u should get the prompt shortly after that happens when she falls asleep.

Its a quite common bug

CrowOTH

Thank you, i tried this too, but it didnt actually work untill i turned off the console and restarted from the checkpoint, unfortunately id allready solved the problem myself through trial and error before i read your post, but thanks for the help anyway man.

Lucky this annoying bug has not spoiled my enjoyment of the game so far, are there any other bugs you are aware of?

iamsickofspam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 iamsickofspam

haha.

Thomas-Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Thomas-Crown
Member since 2006 • 30371 Posts
[QUOTE="CrowOTH"]

Its a quite common bug

iamsickofspam

Thank you, i tried this too, but it didnt actually work untill i turned off the console and restarted from the checkpoint, unfortunately id allready solved the problem myself through trial and error before i read your post, but thanks for the help anyway man.

Lucky this annoying bug has not spoiled my enjoyment of the game so far, are there any other bugs you are aware of?

In Chapter 5, try finish the side quest (if you have accepted any) before going back to the main story mission. I heard that the game will crash if you haven't complete a side quest and yet you trying to get to a main story mission in that chapter.

iamsickofspam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 iamsickofspam

Cheers pal, duly noted.

joevfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points