Street Fighter fans, did you like SFIV!??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

THQ88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 THQ88
Member since 2008 • 1362 Posts
I used to play alot of "Xmen vs Street Fighter" back in the PS1 days and I downloaded and enjoyed Super Street Fighter 2 HD, am I going to enjoy Street Fighter IV?? I keep hearing all those positive feedbacks about the game and I need a confirmation from you guys before I buy it.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
It should be obvious, if you like SF than I would assume that you will like this game.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#3 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
I'm not even a fan of the series and I love it.
LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts
It should be obvious, if you like SF than I would assume that you will like this game.Sepewrath
THIS
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
ye i liked it , but they did dumb it down for the noobies , you can clearly tell if ur an oldschool player. EG: Akumas ultra , u had to do a combination to pull that off , now its simple.. *face palm* The only thing i dont like is the lack of specials. for example Ryu used to have the 'cyclone' kick special and the hadoken , now he just has the hadoken.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
I think not having multiple supers was also a means of making it easier so players wouldn't have to memorize a bunch of combinations or worry about defending against multiple supers.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#7 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
[QUOTE="campzor"]ye i liked it , but they did dumb it down for the noobies , you can clearly tell if ur an oldschool player. EG: Akumas ultra , u had to do a combination to pull that off , now its simple.. *face palm* The only thing i dont like is the lack of specials. for example Ryu used to have the 'cyclone' kick special and the hadoken , now he just has the hadoken.

They're trying to make it easily accessible for people who aren't fans of the series or core fighter players.
majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#8 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts
[QUOTE="campzor"]ye i liked it , but they did dumb it down for the noobies , you can clearly tell if ur an oldschool player. EG: Akumas ultra , u had to do a combination to pull that off , now its simple.. *face palm* The only thing i dont like is the lack of specials. for example Ryu used to have the 'cyclone' kick special and the hadoken , now he just has the hadoken.

Ya, I wish there were more specials as well. I'm liking Street Fighter III more than Street Fighter IV to be honest.
SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14819 Posts
I like it. If I were to rank the four series that I enjoy it would be: Street Fighter Alpha > Street Fighter III > Street Fighter IV > Street Fighter II. I think Street Fighter IV is kind of disappointing. I think they could have added more characters and specials. The online is cool though and I still think it's a good game.
PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts
Ya, I missed having multiple supers for each character. Its not even that hard to memorize though, its just 2 quarter-circles the other way.:|
jakarai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 jakarai
Member since 2008 • 4289 Posts
I am loving this game right now. I wish there was an option to turn offf Supers and Ultras though. Akumas and Sagats are cheap as hell.
swade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 swade
Member since 2003 • 1515 Posts
I am loving this game right now. I wish there was an option to turn offf Supers and Ultras though. Akumas and Sagats are cheap as hell.jakarai
Akumas ultra is not cheap considering that his health is the worst in the game... the key to beating Akuma is going straight at him everytime some1 plays with him they jump backwards to create space so u need to force him into a corner and beat up on him. He cant go blow for blow with any1... Plus its incredibly easy to dodge akumas ultra.
DirkXXVI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13 DirkXXVI
Member since 2008 • 498 Posts
Better yet between all the Alphas, originals, and remakes how many Street fighter titles have been released?
SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14819 Posts
Better yet between all the Alphas, originals, and remakes how many Street fighter titles have been released?DirkXXVI
I counted up to 63 on wikipedia and then I got lost somewhere. Short answer: too many.
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts
I like it. A few things I had to adjust and shake some rust off (used to Alpha style of play after so many years) but it's good.
jakarai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jakarai
Member since 2008 • 4289 Posts
[QUOTE="jakarai"]I am loving this game right now. I wish there was an option to turn offf Supers and Ultras though. Akumas and Sagats are cheap as hell.swade
Akumas ultra is not cheap considering that his health is the worst in the game... the key to beating Akuma is going straight at him everytime some1 plays with him they jump backwards to create space so u need to force him into a corner and beat up on him. He cant go blow for blow with any1... Plus its incredibly easy to dodge akumas ultra.

Easier said then done. Kinda hard to trap Akuma in a corner when he can slide right past you at will. I played this one guy that would spam fireballs at me and soon as I get close to him he would do that invisible move where Akuma can slide right through you to create space.
GranReyUno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GranReyUno
Member since 2007 • 1542 Posts

This would have been m favorite SF if I could block in the air but this is a close tie with Alpha 3. My thumbs have not been in such pain in such a long time. Thank you SF4 for bring back that burning fighting spirit :lol:

WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts
I highly recommend it.
worm2102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 worm2102
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Why is this game so hard? I'm usually pretty good at fighting games but i find myself struggling to beat the arcade mode on easy. any suggestions on what i might be doing wrong?
WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

Why is this game so hard? I'm usually pretty good at fighting games but i find myself struggling to beat the arcade mode on easy. any suggestions on what i might be doing wrong?worm2102

learn your enemies moves and what they like to do the most. Also, train harder.

mikeyvp87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mikeyvp87
Member since 2009 • 408 Posts
Best Street fighter game ever. You won't be able to play SSF2HDR after you play this game.
swade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 swade
Member since 2003 • 1515 Posts

[QUOTE="swade"][QUOTE="jakarai"]I am loving this game right now. I wish there was an option to turn offf Supers and Ultras though. Akumas and Sagats are cheap as hell.jakarai

Easier said then done. Kinda hard to trap Akuma in a corner when he can slide right past you at will. I played this one guy that would spam fireballs at me and soon as I get close to him he would do that invisible move where Akuma can slide right through you to create space.

You might've been playing me lol... that's what I do but you have to keep jumping towards him and just do a low kick.

res0i39c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 res0i39c
Member since 2007 • 2007 Posts
Yea. It's great game. Will worht the time and money. Allready put in over 10 hours on the game. One of my friends, can't stop coming over to play it.
XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 XxSTILL_BORNxX
Member since 2007 • 5749 Posts
Awesome game! i highly recommend it.
jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jeremiah06
Member since 2004 • 7217 Posts
It should be obvious, if you like SF than I would assume that you will like this game.Sepewrath
Its awesome my I wasn't expecting my favorite character Gen to be in it but he is. My only complaint is the lack of character creation Soul Calibur spoiled me that way.
ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#26 ZimpanX
Member since 2005 • 12636 Posts
Yup the game is awesome, though I still hold SFIII: Third Strike as my personal favorite in the series.
magicquebec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27 magicquebec
Member since 2006 • 1306 Posts
Get the Prima Guide... so worth it !!!
allnamestaken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28 allnamestaken
Member since 2003 • 6618 Posts
As of now, I still prefer SF2 Turbo HD to it. I don't really like the two super bars, or the focus moves to be honest. It might just be because I haven't played too much and got accustomed to them yet though.
THQ88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 THQ88
Member since 2008 • 1362 Posts
Thanks for your replies. I am getting the game for sure but need to reserve my Resident Evil 5's collector's edition first then buy SFIV.
Avatar image for ThWorldGreatest
ThWorldGreatest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ThWorldGreatest
Member since 2008 • 246 Posts

Plus its incredibly easy to dodge akumas ultra.jakarai

though there are some really evil players online like me , i always use it when someone is just about to land after a jump , i always nail it :twisted:.

RadTad62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 RadTad62
Member since 2003 • 667 Posts
buy it you'll like it
lusitanogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 lusitanogamer
Member since 2006 • 9338 Posts
I got it yesterday and i played it for nearly 8 hours. I was up until 4 am playing it, unlocking characters. lol What an awesome game. I love it!
kmaacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 kmaacho
Member since 2007 • 39 Posts

I love it...a lot....

mista_selectah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mista_selectah
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
this is one the best street fighters ever. capcom has done well and look forward to seeing next gen sf tiltles.
ocphon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ocphon
Member since 2006 • 184 Posts
there's a good reason fightsticks are sold out all over the web. this game is bomb. $60 worthy.