Still worth getting a PSP.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

soapman72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 soapman72
Member since 2010 • 2714 Posts

SO I kinda want a new handheld and I am getting a vita for my birthday in august...Is it still worth picking up this system??

fgjnfgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 fgjnfgh
Member since 2005 • 2649 Posts

No because Vita is much better and you can play psp games purchased from PSN and play them on the Vita. You will end up selling your psp when you get your Vita. Get yourself busy the upcoming months til you buy the Vita.

soapman72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 soapman72
Member since 2010 • 2714 Posts

No because Vita is much better and you can play psp games purchased from PSN and play them on the Vita. You will end up selling your psp when you get your Vita. Get yourself busy the upcoming months til you buy the Vita.

fgjnfgh

alright thanks:) Also if I buy a game on the psn store on my ps3 like lets say a psp game. WIll I be able to play them on the vita?

Uchiha_Sasuke1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Uchiha_Sasuke1
Member since 2002 • 1636 Posts
Vita is a great system to own, and you would want more games once you purchase it.
gokuofheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 gokuofheaven
Member since 2004 • 3452 Posts
It's tough to say honestly. The short answer is that if you don't have a PSP yet then you might as well get the PSVita and invest in the 32gb memory card. Then look around for discounts on PSN cards that occasionally pop up throughout the year. Take advantage of that and download some classics.
benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#6 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9175 Posts

Certain PSP games aren't compatible on the PS Vita because there's no UMD drive. But if you want to play FFVII Crisis Core and Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep for the PSP I would suggest trying to pick a PSP up for a cheap price

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

If you're getting a Vita soon then no.

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 j2zon2591
Member since 2005 • 3571 Posts

[QUOTE="fgjnfgh"]

soapman72

alright thanks:) Also if I buy a game on the psn store on my ps3 like lets say a psp game. WIll I be able to play them on the vita?

I don't think you can play a PSP game on the PS3 (if you mean by playing PSP games on a stand alone PS3). If you are not a fan of Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep and Final Fantasy Crisis Core the there's not much point getting a PSP unless you HACK it. KHBBS and FFVIICC are UMD games only.
digimonkey12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 digimonkey12
Member since 2009 • 1851 Posts

[QUOTE="fgjnfgh"]

soapman72

Yes. Check the store store on your PS3 and you will see PSP games, when you click on the PSVITA link. You could also just download PSP games directly on your PSVITA, if you have wireless internet.

You got more than 300 PSP games to choose from, for your PSVITA + the minis.

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#10 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts

soapman72
You will, most likely. There are a few PSP games that either won't copy or have a few issues, but these are mostly rare. Modnation Racers, for one, won't even copy. LittleBigPlanet's online connectivity is extremely sluggish. I also saw a video of Midnight Club: Los Angeles, and there was a very minor issue of invisible wheels for a short time. More often than not, though, the games play perfectly, and they can even play Ad-Hoc with other PSPs. If you Google "Unofficial Vita PSP Compatibility" there are some forum posts and lists about which games work and such.
nickydanooz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nickydanooz
Member since 2011 • 58 Posts

honestly, if you wanna play some cheap games and you cant wait till augest, get a cheap psp on craigslist or gamestop..ive seen em in retail stores for 50 bucks. then you can pick up a ton of used games there as well...ive had a lot of fun with my psp. Im not a fan of the FF series, but truthfully, crisis core is by far one of my favorite games.

beefdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 beefdog
Member since 2004 • 9185 Posts

The one thing i like about the psp over the vita is when you play psp games on the psp it looks better cos the screen is the native rez...where as with the vita its well over the native psp rez and it stretches out the game

soulreaper-4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 soulreaper-4
Member since 2007 • 2247 Posts

The one thing i like about the psp over the vita is when you play psp games on the psp it looks better cos the screen is the native rez...where as with the vita its well over the native psp rez and it stretches out the game

beefdog
You're just plain wrong. Haven't you read about the PSVita? All PSP games look way better on PSVita.
beefdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 beefdog

[QUOTE="beefdog"]

soulreaper-4

You're just plain wrong. Haven't you read about the PSVita? All PSP games look way better on PSVita.

I have a psp vita and every psp game i have on it looks jaggy as hell and stretched out.

soulreaper-4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 soulreaper-4

[QUOTE="soulreaper-4"][QUOTE="beefdog"]

beefdog

I have a psp vita and every psp game i have on it looks jaggy as hell and stretched out.

Either your PSVita have a problem or you are not using the different settings options for PSP games including different filters. Google it or go to youtube. It will make you change your thought about it.
beefdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 beefdog

[QUOTE="beefdog"]

[QUOTE="soulreaper-4"] You're just plain wrong. Haven't you read about the PSVita? All PSP games look way better on PSVita. soulreaper-4

Either your PSVita have a problem or you are not using the different settings options for PSP games including different filters. Google it or go to youtube. It will make you change your thought about it.

I did just start using the filtering...it does make a difference but still dont look that great....but to be fair the only psp games i have on my vita right now is nova and ridge racer.

soulreaper-4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 soulreaper-4

[QUOTE="soulreaper-4"][QUOTE="beefdog"]

beefdog

I did just start using the filtering...it does make a difference but still dont look that great....but to be fair the only psp games i have on my vita right now is nova and ridge racer.

Well then it may be those two games.
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#18 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts

beefdog
Yeah, Ridge Racer is from the PSP launch, and it looks pretty jagged. It's also set to use only 222MHZ of the PSP's 333MHZ. Nova is a Mini, so I doubt it was allowed to use the full power of the PSP. But then, I'm not sure about that one.
i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

im keepin my psp, my 2 cents