Still can't get in..ugh......

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Freebird8877

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Freebird8877
Member since 2006 • 3407 Posts
I've been putting up with "The connection to PLAYSTATION NETWORK timed out" message for 3 days now. I can sign in, i can go to the PSStore, I cant play online. What is the deal? I'm fed up with this and i live in the east coast btw,
bballboy986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 bballboy986
Member since 2003 • 272 Posts
I've been putting up with "The connection to PLAYSTATION NETWORK timed out" message for 3 days now. I can sign in, i can go to the PSStore, I cant play online. What is the deal? I'm fed up with this and i live in the east coast btw,Freebird8877
you get what you pay for with the free online service. a couple guys in my fraternity who own ps3s haven't been able to connect this whole week either so you're not alone.
akuya32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 akuya32
Member since 2006 • 1166 Posts
Maybe the some of the servers are still down. If thats the case there is nothing you can besides wait for them to get back online. I an on the east coast as well and i think its been down since some time on saturday. Just have to wait I guess.

PSN: Meeks

Gamers Game....Fanboys Pick SIdes.....
Richterbon23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Richterbon23
Member since 2004 • 99 Posts
i have never had a problem signing onto the PSN.  Maybe it is your system.  Do you need to update?
Freebird8877

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Freebird8877
Member since 2006 • 3407 Posts
It's not my system. I can connect to the Internet. And others are experiencing this as well. Glad I'm not alone. Thanks for the feedback.
joslop500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 joslop500
Member since 2005 • 1215 Posts
i live on the west coast and the server have been up and running all week long without any problems, i think it just the east thats affected by this
Baller91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Baller91
Member since 2007 • 437 Posts
well probably its ur Connection its probably 2 slow
TheYellowYeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TheYellowYeti
Member since 2006 • 438 Posts

there must be something wrong with how you set up you internet, because mine work fine

fridayguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 fridayguy
Member since 2004 • 108 Posts
bball boy, there are only some people that cant get on. i played online everyday for the past 5 days, and there are tons of people on resistance when im on, its not like evybody cant get on
Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Miguel16
Member since 2004 • 6065 Posts
well probably its ur Connection its probably 2 slow Baller91
yea man i aint been getting no errors on this network
GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GARRYTH
Member since 2005 • 6870 Posts
i live on the west coast and the server have been up and running all week long without any problems, i think it just the east thats affected by thisjoslop500
nope i live in rhode island the small state under massachusetts. maybe it is the survice u have. i have cox comunication on-line. i think it is running faster ever sence the update. do you live on campus too. if so then it is the campus service. and it is ovous it is  not sony fault because if the ps store was down you should still be able to browse the web. it is at your end. maybe there is a slit in your wire.
rasstarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rasstarman
Member since 2004 • 852 Posts
I know many people who have this problem. it could be caused by too many connections online. The larger the install base becomes the worst it will become. The cost of running the service will become tremenndous so i cannot wait to see how Sony will handle it. Maybe they will sell ad space.
NadUberAlles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NadUberAlles
Member since 2003 • 714 Posts
its deffinatly sony, mine is still down too, everyone else be quiet
bored88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bored88
Member since 2004 • 4978 Posts
mine has been down since saturday!
joslop500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 joslop500
Member since 2005 • 1215 Posts
[QUOTE="joslop500"]i live on the west coast and the server have been up and running all week long without any problems, i think it just the east thats affected by thisGARRYTH
nope i live in rhode island the small state under massachusetts. maybe it is the survice u have. i have cox comunication on-line. i think it is running faster ever sence the update. do you live on campus too. if so then it is the campus service. and it is ovous it is  not sony fault because if the ps store was down you should still be able to browse the web. it is at your end. maybe there is a slit in your wire.

what? not me dude, i can sign in without a problem. its that other guy who lives on the east cost thats having the problem
Avatar image for NavigatorsGhost
NavigatorsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NavigatorsGhost
Member since 2006 • 6483 Posts
You people that haven't had problems just please shut up.

Its not the person's connection, broadband provider, settings, ethernet, wireless connetion, hard drive, or anything else that is preventing them from getting online.

SONY has had problems with their network since FRIDAY. It is not a regional thing. People all over the US and Canada have been having problems logging into the PS NETWORK. They can get on the browser without any problems. However, signing in to play Resistance online or going to the PS store does not work. It doesn't affect everyone just certain users in certain areas. You might have problems, but the person next door to you might be able to get online without a problem.

People have been calling SONY about this for days and they have not released any info on the matter and don't know when everyone's account will work again. It is a problem with SONY's servers. Some people think that they were getting hacked and others have said that SONY was not expecting the amount of traffic that they got this weekend and that has screwed things up.

There is nothing you can do to fix it. If your account is working fine, enjoy it. But the TCs problem is not his fault and is not unique to him.
Keasy4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Keasy4
Member since 2003 • 16843 Posts
i got on this moring so i dont have that problem anymore
mondomae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mondomae
Member since 2004 • 80 Posts
had that exact same problem myself only until today. try it again i guess. seems to be ok now
NadUberAlles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 NadUberAlles
the above post is good news for the rest of us, they are working to fix it
NadUberAlles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 NadUberAlles
i tried mine an hour ago and i had a slightly different problem, it would time out when trying to find an ip adress which is kinda strange.... and i spent a half hour playing around with it and then i gave up
LoboSolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 LoboSolo
Member since 2002 • 1136 Posts
Silly question, but you are logged into your profile right?
GloverD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 GloverD
Member since 2004 • 1555 Posts
People in Colleges using PS3 online good luck trying to connect..... Mines been Perfect so far.
NadUberAlles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 NadUberAlles
i still couldnt log in either. its nuts.
shontae1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 shontae1
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
We cant get on all the time. I called Sony, and they tried to blame my internet service provider. But its not that. I can get on and browse, it just wont connect to the server. We can get on playing COD3, just not all the time. We were never able to play Madden07. We can never connect to EA. They dont know what the problem is.
NadUberAlles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 NadUberAlles
yeah they better hurry up....
a-tek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 a-tek
Member since 2005 • 945 Posts
I have the same problem too. If it's not your connection, it's the servers. We've been complaining about PS store downloads, so they're probably expanding the servers.
NadUberAlles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 NadUberAlles
i dont see why they would need to keep us off and some on to expand the servers....
trophylocoste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 trophylocoste
Member since 2006 • 8454 Posts
there really is a problem people becuase mines also havent been working since sunday and its not the system its the network