Soul Calibur IV..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShunnX7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ShunnX7
Member since 2008 • 148 Posts

I was thinking if i should get it.. Im a big fan of Soul calibur series but i dont know if its worth pay 55$ for it.

What do you guys think about the game? Has something changed?

ShunnX7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ShunnX7
Soul Calibur IV
-Gijutsu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 -Gijutsu-
Member since 2005 • 8227 Posts
its a great fighter, the story mode is very very weak though
Mac_Gamer101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Mac_Gamer101
Member since 2008 • 33 Posts
Soul Calibur IVShunnX7
I just bought it and i personally think it was the biggest waste, the best SC to me was 2. 4 feels really gimmicky with the Star Wars characters and the story mode sucks. Also online isn't that great it takes forever to find a match. But if you love SC than you should get it just cause you love the series
j5r9s2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#5 j5r9s2
Member since 2008 • 998 Posts
I wish I knew you, Id sell you my copy. Waste of money to me... from now on Ill rent a game first
-Gijutsu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 -Gijutsu-
Member since 2005 • 8227 Posts
[QUOTE="ShunnX7"]Soul Calibur IVMac_Gamer101
I just bought it and i personally think it was the biggest waste, the best SC to me was 2. 4 feels really gimmicky with the Star Wars characters and the story mode sucks. Also online isn't that great it takes forever to find a match. But if you love SC than you should get it just cause you love the series

I thought the guest characters in SC2 were more gimmicky, and I usually find a match online withing minutes
ShunnX7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ShunnX7

Then wich game should i get right now? i have 60$ and i want to spend them well. I love fighting style games, RPG and shooter..

I want your reccomendations.

Mac_Gamer101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Mac_Gamer101
Member since 2008 • 33 Posts

Then wich game should i get right now? i have 60$ and i want to spend them well. I love fighting style games, RPG and shooter..

I want your reccomendations.

ShunnX7
what systems do you have, i'd say if you only had a ps3 get warhawk because its a online shooter that will have trophies patched in soon. Also its $29.99 so you'll have some money left ver for another game
POPEYE1716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 POPEYE1716
Member since 2003 • 4749 Posts
dont get it i love SC but i played it on my friends 360 and it was not that impressive i would save it to get street fighter when it comes out or save it for another game.
Avatar image for The_Pig_Hostage
The_Pig_Hostage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 The_Pig_Hostage
Member since 2007 • 3702 Posts

I'd say get it. It's an amazing game, and quickly becoming my favorite fighter of all time (despite me being a Tekken fan).

waferlawrence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 waferlawrence
Member since 2008 • 138 Posts

I was thinking if i should get it.. Im a big fan of Soul calibur series but i dont know if its worth pay 55$ for it.

What do you guys think about the game? Has something changed?

ShunnX7

I'm a pretty big fan of the game. The fighting system is rather top notch. The story mode is a bit lame, but that's really my only gripe.

CloudRainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 CloudRainy
Member since 2008 • 194 Posts
People who don't like this game will eventually like it again. The only reason SCIV got a bad rap from gamer is because they over-hyped it. Many gamers didn't like brawl in the beginning but loves it as time passed on. IMO, buy the game.
Furycliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Furycliff
Member since 2007 • 676 Posts

SCIV has basically got 8/10 or better on every single review.

If you arent sure just rent it.

But if you say you are a fan of fighting games I dont see why you wouldnt like this game.

amekhov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 amekhov
Member since 2007 • 987 Posts
I played it for hours at my friend's place. It's a very good game.
NSR34GTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NSR34GTR
Member since 2007 • 13179 Posts
great game story mode is pathetic though online is great
Avatar image for kenshinhimura16
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16 kenshinhimura16
Member since 2005 • 7009 Posts
I have 34 hours of SP gaming alone. 40 matches of online games, 45 created characters, and a lot of other things. But Im not a fan of online gaming. At least, my friends always drop by so we play some matches. Its an amazing game imo, well worth the price. Character creation gets all the awards though :D
punisher1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 punisher1
Member since 2004 • 3290 Posts

its a great fighter, the story mode is very very weak though-Gijutsu-

Story mode has always sucked in this series.

tagger343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 tagger343
Member since 2007 • 250 Posts
im thinking about getting it too
fhoeiuwhdousah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 fhoeiuwhdousah
Member since 2005 • 783 Posts
Its a brilliant game but only if youve got a good connection, as a 1 player games its not great but online and with friends its simply awesome!
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

It is a good game. You earn all the characters quite quickly. The online is ok, but since that was the big draw to begin with I wish they added more game modes. They don't even have the tag team matches like in one player mode. It is a bit annoying how you have to create new versions of existing characters in order to buy their weapons. The tower was a cool concept, but all it does is give you clothes. You can't just dress up your character either. Each piece of ware affects your stats which is nice thta they put some effort into that, but you can't play normal custom characters. Overall it is still cool, but somethings are questionable and a step back. The story modes were never awsome, but I sort of liked the choose your own path in the 3rd game. I feel that you earn things aside from the towers a bit too easily. Since there are only 2 game modes, ranked and friends matches with regular or upgraded characters, it isn't worth $60. It is more of a $40 game. Plus after you earn all the characters there is still a blank spot on the fighter select screen which is for a downloadable person. That is so dumb. It assumed that vader will be the one for 360 and yoda will be for PS3. So retarded. There are a few new moves but that is about it. Hilde is a nice addition to the roster, but Amy plays a bit too much like Raphael. Vader is somewhat cool actually, but is so dumb in a SC game. The new boss is a bit neat, but I wouldn't pick him constantly.

I guess what I am trying to say is, that there isn't that much new aside from the barebones online and the somewhat new towers thing. Everything plays just as it dd before. Yes they do have armor break with the finishing moves, but any smart opponent isn't going to let you get it on them, so they are basically useless against human players.

CloudRainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 CloudRainy
Member since 2008 • 194 Posts
This game is one of teh best fighting games out there for this generation.
anger021780

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 anger021780
Member since 2008 • 339 Posts
Sc4 online is great & frustrating at the same time. Some people are spam monsters, some people are just crazy good, and some just utterly suck. But its the fact that it can frustrate you that makes it cool. Gives you something to work at. I sold my copy, but I been regretting it ever since. Ima buy it back real soon.
Xiloa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Xiloa
Member since 2006 • 141 Posts
It's fun and looks really good but only if you have friends over..I might trade it in I'm debating