Sorry if stupid question...but what is the difference between the 3G n wifi...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

laker0724

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 laker0724
Member since 2009 • 285 Posts

what is the difference between the 3G n wifi versions of the PSV? I know 3G has to do with cell phones? Don't know too much about it...and of course I know what wifi is...but I guess I'm asking is what is the PSV 3G?

Explain? thanks :]

Avatar image for Poncho_Hachacha
Poncho_Hachacha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Poncho_Hachacha
Member since 2011 • 675 Posts

wifi is your regular high speed wireless internet service that you can use at home or at select stores and things like that. Obviously the only problem is that you can only access the internet when you are near a specific hot spot where there's a wifi connection.

3g is what you hear about a lot with smart phones and things. It's a high speed service too but it works more like your regular cell phone service where you pay a monthly fee and get high speed access wherever you go so long as there's a signal. It's more expensive because you have to pay for it like a cell phone plan usually, but it lets you access the internet at any time from practically anywhere.

That help any?

redman100111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 redman100111
Member since 2006 • 533 Posts

3g means you have to pay a monthly service (like 50$-30$) but you gets internet access almost anywhere the service/signal is available. Wifi only means you can connct only to places that has wifi enabled (like your home, or cafe wifi spots).

laker0724

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 laker0724
Member since 2009 • 285 Posts

Thanks. Wifi version for me...day one it comes out

Avatar image for Poncho_Hachacha
Poncho_Hachacha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Poncho_Hachacha
Member since 2011 • 675 Posts

3g means you have to pay a monthly service (like 50$-30$) but you gets internet access almost anywhere the service/signal is available. Wifi only means you can connct only to places that has wifi enabled (like your home, or cafe wifi spots).

redman100111

:| I really gotta learn how to sum things up better. :lol:

lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts
Man, I was surprised the WIFI only version is the same price as the 3DS....I don't want to make this sound like a system wars thing, but man....I'm definitely delaying my 3DS purchase for a while, and getting the PSV instead.