Sorry haters, SOCOM 4 multiplayer is AWESOME!

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sixgears2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 0

#51 sixgears2
Member since 2006 • 1261 Posts
Yeah, the complete departure from the aspects that made the old games good, ridiculously rampant headshots, and lack of any non-irritating way to play with your friends are awesome! Woot!
Gmichels7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Gmichels7
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Thats good to here, I should totally check it out!
BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

Yeah, the complete departure from the aspects that made the old games good, ridiculously rampant headshots, and lack of any non-irritating way to play with your friends are awesome! Woot!sixgears2

It doesnt have to be like the old games to be good. I do agree about the othert issues though...I think they are patching them.

sixgears2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 sixgears2

[QUOTE="sixgears2"]Yeah, the complete departure from the aspects that made the old games good, ridiculously rampant headshots, and lack of any non-irritating way to play with your friends are awesome! Woot!BSC14

It doesnt have to be like the old games to be good. I do agree about the othert issues though...I think they are patching them.

I agree it isn't a terrible game by itself (minus a couple of horrific design choices like leaving out a party system), but this game should not bear the Socom name. It's offensive...

Besides, even if the game is taken as a stand-alone apart from the main series there's really nothing in it that would make it "awesome." "Ok" or "decent" are more accurate and more fair.

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

[QUOTE="BSC14"]

[QUOTE="sixgears2"]Yeah, the complete departure from the aspects that made the old games good, ridiculously rampant headshots, and lack of any non-irritating way to play with your friends are awesome! Woot!sixgears2

I agree it isn't a terrible game by itself (minus a couple of horrific design choices like leaving out a party system), but this game should not bear the Socom name. It's offensive...

Besides, even if the game is taken as a stand-alone apart from the main series there's really nothing in it that would make it "awesome." "Ok" or "decent" are more accurate and more fair.

No party system at launch was not a design choice. They had it in the beta, it had problems, so they removed it to fix it. Poor developing yes. Poor design choice, no.

As far as what is accurate and fair, please don't try to state your opinion as fact over other people's opinions. Fine, you don't think it's awesome, but obviously others do.

sixgears2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 sixgears2

[QUOTE="sixgears2"]

[QUOTE="BSC14"]

The_Rick_14

No party system at launch was not a design choice. They had it in the beta, it had problems, so they removed it to fix it. Poor developing yes. Poor design choice, no.

As far as what is accurate and fair, please don't try to state your opinion as fact over other people's opinions. Fine, you don't think it's awesome, but obviously others do.

Releasing the game without a functional party system and patching it in later was absolutely a design choice. Their design failed so rather than waiting to release until it worked properly (the responsible decision to make), they simply removed the problem feature. Removing something from a game is a design choice. They've also stated that it was removed in part because they wanted to dissuade big teams from ganging up on noobs, which once again points to it being a deliberate design choice. I think you need to think more carefully about what that phrase means before you jump all over me due to a misunderstanding on your part.

Also, I don't recall stating that my opinion was any better than anyone else's. I simply stated that I don't think it's accurate to call the game awesome when it does nothing out of the ordinary. Saying what I think does not imply an insult just because you don't agree with it. You're entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to think it's incorrect and to say so. That's how opinions work.

CaptainAhab13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#57 CaptainAhab13
Member since 2010 • 5121 Posts

To buy, or not to buy... hmmm....

wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
It is kind of a cross between SOCOM and COD and they are trying to make two different fanbases happy but failing at both. It is not horrible but not great either, it will be forgotten soon enough.
BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 BSC14

It is kind of a cross between SOCOM and COD and they are trying to make two different fanbases happy but failing at both. It is not horrible but not great either, it will be forgotten soon enough.wooooode

No I don't think it will be forgotten any time soon. Only time will tell but I think it will probably stick around a while.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 BSC14

And I own a PS3, 360 and gaming PC as well so I'm pretty unbiased also. I mean we all know the PC the by far the best platform anyway. :P

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Rick_14"]

[QUOTE="sixgears2"] I agree it isn't a terrible game by itself (minus a couple of horrific design choices like leaving out a party system), but this game should not bear the Socom name. It's offensive...

sixgears2

Releasing the game without a functional party system and patching it in later was absolutely a design choice. Their design failed so rather than waiting to release until it worked properly (the responsible decision to make), they simply removed the problem feature. Removing something from a game is a design choice. They've also stated that it was removed in part because they wanted to dissuade big teams from ganging up on noobs, which once again points to it being a deliberate design choice. I think you need to think more carefully about what that phrase means before you jump all over me due to a misunderstanding on your part.

Also, I don't recall stating that my opinion was any better than anyone else's. I simply stated that I don't think it's accurate to call the game awesome when it does nothing out of the ordinary. Saying what I think does not imply an insult just because you don't agree with it. You're entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to think it's incorrect and to say so. That's how opinions work.

I didn't know they said that was part of the reason why it was removed. Knowing that I'll say it makes it more of a design choice than before. If it was removed to be fixed and put back in, then having it in was always part of the design and still is, just not the product. I'm in Software Engineering and just because something makes it's way into the design doesn't necessarily mean it get implemented into the final product. They're two separate but related things. However, this really seems like a matter of symantics. In this gaming era where patches exists, I personally prefer being able to play the game without a party system and then have it patched in then not have the game for another 2 months. But I know other people feel differently about this.

As far as the opinions go, I'm actually in your camp. I think Socom 4 is ok. Doesn't blow me away, but it's still good. Other series haven't done anything new and were considered "awesome" so I'm not sure what this notion of accuracy and fairness is based upon. It just seemed to me by saying its inaccurate to call socom 4 awesome that you were implying that the game can't be awesome to anyone.

Last, if my tone came across as attacking or insulting in anyway I apologize for that. That was never my intention but after reading what I posted it does seem that way. My bad.

sixgears2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 sixgears2
@The_Rick_14 To be fair my original post was needlessly sarcastic, so we were really both being awful. Don't worry, we can still be friends :)
CaptainAhab13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#63 CaptainAhab13
Member since 2010 • 5121 Posts

And I own a PS3, 360 and gaming PC as well so I'm pretty unbiased also. I mean we all know the PC the by far the best platform anyway. :P

BSC14
hkymike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#64 hkymike
Member since 2003 • 2425 Posts
I am waiting to get my copy from Gamefly. I am very excited and anxious to start playing this game
EQOAnostalgia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#65  Edited By EQOAnostalgia
Member since 2013 • 30 Posts

@BSC14: HAHAHA FAIL! That garbage got canned son. S4 was total trash for CoD bieber scrub campers. S1-CA were GODLY EPIC Compared to S4. Good bye slant sux, you SHUT DOWN, goodbye Zipper YOU SHUT DOWN! Why? Because you f'd up Socom! Long live H-Hour!