soooooo....skyrim or dark souls?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dragonzw2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 dragonzw2c
Member since 2006 • 121 Posts

This will be my last purchase for the year and maybe until hitman,twisted metal, etc is released.

which would be the better choice? honestly they both look very similar to their previous titles and for me it comes down to which one i will enjoy the longest.

sooooo skyrim for pc or dark souls on ps3? whats your pros & cons?

tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 tjricardo089
Member since 2010 • 7429 Posts

Skyrim has some issues on the PS3.. wait for a patch. However I still prefer Dark Souls, it has more enemy/weapon/world variety, you can play with friends and it's also very very fun.

kyncani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kyncani
Member since 2007 • 191 Posts

Yeah, skyrim still has bugs, best wait.

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#4 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

Skyrim is still pretty buggy. There is a chance you won't get it, but its a risk, and you should wait for a patch.

I also enjoyed Dark Souls much more.

Minajj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Minajj
Member since 2010 • 294 Posts

Dark souls is great but saying you can play with friends is a bit misleading, have to go threw a bit to make playing with friends actually work

crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

Neither, Dues Ex is the best RPG this year.

ShangTsung17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ShangTsung17
Member since 2011 • 839 Posts

dark souls considering u can actually play it.. lol

WeempWomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 WeempWomp
Member since 2011 • 59 Posts

I've spent 40 hours playing Dark Souls, I STILL haven't beaten it. You will spend around 100 hours on your first playthrough of Dark Souls. On the other hand, you will spend around 100 hours playing Skyrim, but you won't become clinically depressed and want to commit suicide. Dark Souls has a VERY depressing atmospehere, I had to constantly take breaks in order to stay sane and keep playing. Eventually, I turned in Dark Souls, got Skyrim on 360, and never looked back.

who77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 who77
Member since 2009 • 237 Posts

If you want one of them now I would say Dark Souls eventhough I like Skyrim better. I havent experienced many glitches in Skyrim but the loading times are terrible, if you do have a decent computer I would say get Skyrim for that over dark souls for ps3.

Qurb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Qurb
Member since 2010 • 68 Posts

If I were to choose between those 2, I would have to choose Skyrim, even though I haven't played it. I got the chance to play Dark Souls and I spend about an hour playing it and I found it boring and really frustrating, imo.

megaprime33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 megaprime33
Member since 2009 • 467 Posts

Dark Souls

Less glitches

More fun

zekere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#12 zekere
Member since 2003 • 2536 Posts

After playing both for 100 hours (not yet finished any of them, platinum I mean) I must admit that at first, Dark Souls was my obvious choice, but Skyrim is soooo big. And there's so much to do, it never gets old. dark Souls newgame+ is a bit disappointing for me, as it is all the same. Demon's Souls had the world tendencies that kept things fresh in newgame+. I miss those in Dark Souls.

Grimlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Grimlim
Member since 2011 • 230 Posts

I've spent 40 hours playing Dark Souls, I STILL haven't beaten it. You will spend around 100 hours on your first playthrough of Dark Souls. On the other hand, you will spend around 100 hours playing Skyrim, but you won't become clinically depressed and want to commit suicide. Dark Souls has a VERY depressing atmospehere, I had to constantly take breaks in order to stay sane and keep playing. Eventually, I turned in Dark Souls, got Skyrim on 360, and never looked back.

WeempWomp

lol no.. Maybe if u are embarrassingly awful at the game? I took my time through the game first run, trying to get almost all of the items, pvping a little bit, etc. Took me 36 hours. Plus after you have played the game once the next playthrough will take half the time.

Ill admit im not having as much fun as i did with demons souls. Now im stuck at four kings ng+ and im really mad at the game.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

WeempWomp

I LOL'd.

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

Dark Souls if you want a great game that actually lets you complete it without glitching to the point on being unplayable.

naimooo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 naimooo
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Hello! i really enjoy skyrim check my youtube channel for some skyrim videos! http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhee
JohnnyWPSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#17 JohnnyWPSP
Member since 2009 • 1895 Posts

I haven't played Dark Souls, but Skyrim is awesome. I'm 40 hours in and haven't really played a lot of main missions, allthough the framerate is terrible at times and it freezes at least once per 1-2 hour session. The problem is that with every hour spent playing it gets worse. I haven't had any freezes until about 35 hours in the game. It froze three times on me today alone! But the game itself is huge: main missions, side missions, diffrent faction storylines, unlimited miscellaneous objectives,...

FriendlyFalcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FriendlyFalcon
Member since 2011 • 191 Posts
guys i think op said he was gonna get skyrim for >>>pc
Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#19 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts
iv not played DS but i'll say im very impressed with skyrim. Its a epic game. it does have bugs and performnce issues.some have worse times with it than others i supose. SO FAR iv had about the same amount of issues as with fallout 3 and new vages wich is not TO bad. a few freezes forceing me to restart my ps3,some low frame rates now and then but thats with about 40 hours worth of game play. the good far far out weighs the bad so far. but iv heard and seen proof of some people who are haveing a bad time with lag/stutters. if you dont get it now you should def get it at some point if your in to open world rpg's. its def cool.
PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts

Rob someone and get both. lol.

No, but honestly, get both.

Kelayr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Kelayr
Member since 2005 • 61857 Posts
I got both games myself, but I'd say it all depends on whether you played Demon's Souls and how much you liked it. Skyrim is a safe game that most people will be able to enjoy, but the extreme difficulty of Dark Souls isn't for everyone. If you enjoyed Demon's Souls, you have a very good chance of finding Dark Souls much better than Skyrim.
strangestguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 strangestguy
Member since 2005 • 437 Posts

i'd say get both. two different game types. Syrim is just easier even in expert and it's mostly a matter of grinding, hoarding items and abusing the system. Dark souls is more about survival, and bosses are just way more epic imo.

dragonzw2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dragonzw2c
Member since 2006 • 121 Posts

Thanks to everyone that left comments...... looks like dark souls is the most favorable of the two so that will be my choice...i'll get skyrim when price drops and a **** load of mods are released

thanks again

PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts

Thanks to everyone that left comments...... looks like dark souls is the most favorable of the two so that will be my choice...i'll get skyrim when price drops and a **** load of mods are released

thanks again

dragonzw2c
Good choice mate, but honestly you can hardly go wrong with either. Remember about Dark Souls, the more you play it, the better it gets. Fantastic game.
fgjnfgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 fgjnfgh
Member since 2005 • 2649 Posts

Neither, Dues Ex is the best RPG this year.

crimsonman1245

This

But I think TC wants an open world game with sword and shield. I haven't tried any of them, but if I made my mind I'd definitly get Dark Souls

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#26 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Skyrim definitely

Cynnamon_Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Cynnamon_Girl
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Skyrim. It will engulf your life... and you will love every minute of it. I find myself checking every stupid pot and urn for some amazing treasure that's never there. But I never lose hope...
-Flagg-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 -Flagg-
Member since 2005 • 426 Posts
Skyrim. It will engulf your life... and you will love every minute of it. I find myself checking every stupid pot and urn for some amazing treasure that's never there. But I never lose hope...Cynnamon_Girl
Loving every minute? No, it's fun to explore but most of the quest's are just awful. I still don't get why the thief guild quest's are so combat oriented and Dark brotherhood quest's were really lousy too.