soo the Turok demo....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CzarKingKaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CzarKingKaiser
Member since 2007 • 183 Posts

I thought it was pretty solid, especially since I had no expectations. I think they really captured the feeling of the first Turok (kinda scary, you're desperately listening for approaching footsteps) and added a lot of nice touches. I think this could be one of my guilty pleasures for the coming year. Anyone else thinking about buying it now that they played the demo? or were you not impressed?

420Token420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 420Token420
Member since 2007 • 5173 Posts

I thought it was pretty solid, especially since I had no expectations. I think they really captured the feeling of the first Turok (kinda scary, you're desperately listening for approaching footsteps) and added a lot of nice touches. I think this could be one of my guilty pleasures for the coming year. Anyone else thinking about buying it now that they played the demo? or were you not impressed?

CzarKingKaiser

I wasn't impressed .. I felt the shooting mechanics were WAY off, I mean I would pump like 10 shotgun rounds into some dinosaurs and they wouldn't die. The dinosaurs seemed to jump on me so quickly that i found myself scrambling, but maybe I just suck at it .. haha.

I did like the voice overs, graphics were decent, it had potential but I don't personally feel that it met that potential.

But I will tell you this I HIGHLY enjoyed running around slitting throats .. using the Knife was a fun thing to do, kept me playing the entire demo.

I'll rent it, but I probably won't buy it.

RMANPOWER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3 RMANPOWER
Member since 2007 • 2734 Posts

Played the demo, I thought it was okay. Probably not the best FPS, but it won't change my mind on buying this game.

I can't wait.

Neo1O1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 Neo1O1
Member since 2003 • 845 Posts
I downloaded the demo on Friday, but I went to go see Cloverfield & took off to the beach for the weekend. I will play the demo as soon as I can.
Liams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Liams
Member since 2003 • 1704 Posts

Overall I thought it looked OK. However they really, really need to improve the sound on the weapons.

Does anybody remember that episode of the Simpsons when McBain is complaining to his captain that the regulation gun isn't as good as his own gun? He's goes on to say *best Austrian accent* "But captain you can't expect me to kill anybody with this pea-shooter!"

And that's what the guns sound like in Turok................Pea-SHHHHHHHHooters

Haven't made my mind up yet if I'm going to pick it up or not

RMANPOWER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RMANPOWER

How was Cloverfield? I heard that it was pretty good, I want to check it out.

Neo1O1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Neo1O1

How was Cloverfield? I heard that it was pretty good, I want to check it out.

RMANPOWER

My man, I find the 'wanting-to-know-more feeling' a blessing. The film is a ticket - take the ride.

LikaChicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LikaChicken
Member since 2007 • 30 Posts

I had high expectations with this game and I was kinda dissapointed.

The graphics looks good in some areas and horrible in others. When I moved through the grass it felt like I was parting green paper.

The shooting wasn't really all that bad in my opinion, but you really can kill most dino's with the knife. With the people its probably better you shoot.

The funny thing is when I was playing it a female friend of mine said she started getting a headache after watching me do the whole demo. I've seen others complain.

All in all its an okay game. I would probably play it for the story I guess but I don't think this thing is worth $60. Especially when the multiplayer might not be consistently populated because of how many people don't like it already

OneLessFinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 OneLessFinger
Member since 2006 • 1121 Posts
Decent game IMO, however this is a HUGE HUGE step up from Turok Evolution and hopefully it sells well enough to warrant a sequel with the problems in this game fixed. *fingers crossed*
FFF4N4T1C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#10 FFF4N4T1C
Member since 2005 • 925 Posts
A lot of people didn't seem to like the demo, but I did. It's no Call of Duty 4, but it's awesome dinosaur-smashing fun, which is exactly what I wanted from it. I already have Turok and Devil May Cry 4 pre-ordered, so the demo wouldn't have had an impact anyways.
the4got10one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 the4got10one
Member since 2007 • 781 Posts
I thought the demo was okay. I'll probably buy it once it goes down in price.
Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts

the problem with the demo is that there is a BIG (seriously big) difference between the 360 version and the PS3 version.

i really hope it's not the same in the final game, but i guess it will be. They somehow didn't seem able to make the PS3 version in the same quality..

i thought the demo was okay, but hopfully the game will not be the same/ repetative.

gusnitro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 gusnitro
Member since 2004 • 355 Posts
Never played any of the turoks and thought that this was pretty good. Despite the fact most demos dont come in full hd!? anyways the shooting was pretty hard. It felt really heavy like there was low gravity or something. but overall the guns are tight and the arrows are kick ass!
CzarKingKaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CzarKingKaiser

the problem with the demo is that there is a BIG (seriously big) difference between the 360 version and the PS3 version.

i really hope it's not the same in the final game, but i guess it will be. They somehow didn't seem able to make the PS3 version in the same quality..

i thought the demo was okay, but hopfully the game will not be the same/ repetative.

Always-Honest

Is this going to be like orange box was? is that what you're getting at?

RabbidDawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#15 RabbidDawg
Member since 2006 • 960 Posts
It was a let down for me. I remeber how Amazing Turok was on the N64 and for that time that game had amazing visuals and game play. This pile of rubbish looks and plays aweful. the weapons are way underpowered, and what a horrid way to destroy the u nreal engine. Everything looked aweful except the character models, which looked good. I dont know I just thought it was real bad......and about the differences between the 360 and PS3 as someone mentioned earlier...the 360 doesnt have a demo I just checked LIVE and it doesnt, I wanted to compare as i did with burnout but couldnt, so how is it the PS3 version will be inferior?
Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Always-Honest
[QUOTE="Always-Honest"]

CzarKingKaiser

Is this going to be like orange box was? is that what you're getting at?

no, the orange box looks very similar to the 360 version... turok doesn't.

filiwian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 filiwian
Member since 2007 • 2232 Posts
Didn't like it at all, I only like the weapons and the fact that you can slit enemies throats other than that I'm not going to get this game.
is0lati0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 is0lati0n
Member since 2007 • 920 Posts
I found it pretty darn boring. This is a game I DEFINETLY won't buy and/or rent.
RMANPOWER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 RMANPOWER

I like to give any game a chance, I know that alot of people won't like it, but I'm sure going too. I loved the Turok on N64, so I don't mind if their is a little or whole lot of changes, I'm still sticking with this game.

Demo might not be the hottest thing, but it was fun playing. Like I said, I can't wait for the 5th to roll around this coming month.

comptonst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 comptonst
Member since 2006 • 488 Posts

Always-Honest

There is no Turok demo for the 360 so there is nothing to compare, but i downloaded the one for ps3 and thought it was pretty good

RMANPOWER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 RMANPOWER
[QUOTE="Always-Honest"]

comptonst

There is no Turok demo for the 360 so there is nothing to compare, but i downloaded the one for ps3 and thought it was pretty good

The only demo I could only think about was the one that you get when you put 5 dollars down at Best Buy. They give you a demo of the game for 360, if not maybe they took it off XBL.

VegasAceVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 VegasAceVII
Member since 2006 • 404 Posts

The game a'int gonna' be worth 60 bucks! However, I did feel like the Demo was solid enough and showed enough gameplay. Which is more then I can say for a lot of demos out there right now. Some are over in a flash! This is a game I would like to own one day for sure, but the demos showed me it's not worth full price!

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Always-Honest
[QUOTE="comptonst"][QUOTE="Always-Honest"]

RMANPOWER

The only demo I could only think about was the one that you get when you put 5 dollars down at Best Buy. They give you a demo of the game for 360, if not maybe they took it off XBL.

there is a demo on PAL marketplace.

budboarder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#24 budboarder
Member since 2005 • 2304 Posts
There is some good things about this game, but other than the silent kills and different weapons, its just a typical FPS. I will wait to see what the game reviews are before i buy it. I enjoyed the demo on PS3.
RMANPOWER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 RMANPOWER
[QUOTE="RMANPOWER"][QUOTE="comptonst"][QUOTE="Always-Honest"]

Always-Honest

Forgot about that place haha

Thanks for letting other users know.

comptonst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 comptonst
Member since 2006 • 488 Posts
[QUOTE="RMANPOWER"][QUOTE="comptonst"][QUOTE="Always-Honest"]

Always-Honest

Oh there is, had no idea, i live in the US. Anyways i doubt there is a graphical difference between the two.

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Always-Honest

Oh there is, had no idea, i live in the US. Anyways i doubt there is a graphical difference between the two.

comptonst

there is, a big one too... seriously.

ImaPirate0202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 ImaPirate0202
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts
Prediction: 6.5
KamuiFei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#29 KamuiFei
Member since 2003 • 4334 Posts
It was ok, I'm not going to get it right away though. I'll wait till I can get it cheap. Feb. 5 is all about the Devil May Cry 4! :)
is0lati0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 is0lati0n
Member since 2007 • 920 Posts
The stealth executions and dinosaurs seemed pretty repetetive. You'd see the same one over and over again so there's not alot of variety to the dinosaurs and kills.
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts
Not even close to as good as the N64 ones. But I do so love killing dinosaurs.
badster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 badster
Member since 2005 • 396 Posts
got errors when tried to download
CzarKingKaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 CzarKingKaiser
[QUOTE="comptonst"]

Always-Honest

Ok, where are you getting that from?

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#34 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts

Overall I thought it looked OK. However they really, really need to improve the sound on the weapons.

Does anybody remember that episode of the Simpsons when McBain is complaining to his captain that the regulation gun isn't as good as his own gun? He's goes on to say *best Austrian accent* "But captain you can't expect me to kill anybody with this pea-shooter!"

And that's what the guns sound like in Turok................Pea-SHHHHHHHHooters

Haven't made my mind up yet if I'm going to pick it up or not

Liams
Yeah! The shotgun des the same noice os the Machine gun
chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#35 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts
meh, i thought the demo was pretty weak...doesn't feel like Turok at all.
Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Always-Honest
[QUOTE="Always-Honest"][QUOTE="comptonst"]

CzarKingKaiser

Ok, where are you getting that from?

it's all around the web since yesterday, but the easiest way is to download both demo's...

here is a topic on gamespot: http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26169601

mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37 mazing87
Member since 2004 • 3881 Posts
Surprisingly, I like the Turok demo. I like the dual wielding of different guns. It was cool to have a shotgun in my left hand and an assault rifle in my right hand. I like the knife animations. It may be a rent for me.
ENIXMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ENIXMAN
Member since 2003 • 710 Posts
Living Dead Topic!, anyhows I "WUV" the Turok demo and you should too!
DEF_JUX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DEF_JUX
Member since 2008 • 78 Posts

i thought it was terrible., ..i turned it off half way threw the demo i couldnt even give it a chance..

khalid_b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 khalid_b
Member since 2005 • 622 Posts
Was awesome! I absolutely loved it, beat it like 15 times already...
Neo1O1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Neo1O1

I didn't enjoy the demo at all & I'm a pretty forgiving person when it comes to gaming. I guess I'm a little jaded by UT3. Now that's a fearsome game.

PS: If Turok is truly running off the Unreal Engine, the developers have done an awful job.