Sony press conference...just great news

This topic is locked from further discussion.

superb_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 superb_01
Member since 2005 • 840 Posts

Ok so about a day or two ago somebody made a thread about Playstation Home copying Xbox Live Avatars.The thread was on the ps3 forum.(maybe i am misunderstanding)But Playstation home was announced on 2006 and Xboxlive avatars was a suprise in the microsoft press conference.The avatars in Xbox live looks great but i am sure it will not beat home by graphice and what u can do with your home avatar.

Another thing is that in the microsoft press conference they said that Xbox live marketplace has sold more movies,videos and tv shows content then any other satellite and tv brands.But all they have shown on the conference was older movies from 2002 and 3 and 4.(The Scorpion King,the mummy returns...?)Ps Video store has more partners and mor recent moves.

All i'm saying is that Xbox might have enjoyed the last 3 years but in a few monthst PS3 will take over.

OlympicFlex101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 OlympicFlex101
Member since 2008 • 114 Posts
Dat is agreed upon mi broda!! ya dunno. Wit da gyals allegations campaign and ting
WhyuStillAlive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 WhyuStillAlive
Member since 2007 • 607 Posts
MGS4 is nothing, it's a great game! one of the best of all time but littlebigplanet will blow any game ever made! it's only 3 months away!
superb_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 superb_01

Dat is agreed upon mi broda!! ya dunno. Wit da gyals allegations campaign and tingOlympicFlex101

What?

superb_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 superb_01
MGS4 is nothing, it's a great game! one of the best of all time but littlebigplanet will blow any game ever made! it's only 3 months away!WhyuStillAlive
why do you say dat?
shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
Dat is agreed upon mi broda!! ya dunno. Wit da gyals allegations campaign and tingOlympicFlex101
ya raster, getting mental in ba house with teh conference.
The_Goat_Azz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 The_Goat_Azz
Member since 2008 • 302 Posts
say waaaa! *raises one eyebrow*
evlnoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 evlnoodle
Member since 2006 • 359 Posts

i agree

AnFangs_Endes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 AnFangs_Endes
Member since 2007 • 3785 Posts

What the Hell did I just read?

Ipik_Fenris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ipik_Fenris
Member since 2005 • 3627 Posts

i think you really liked Chrono Triggers Frog Character...isn't it ?

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts
I think Home is copying the Xbox Avatars. I remember reading around the announcing of Home that the idea was similar to something Microsoft was doing. Of course I think Home will be way more interesting. It sounds like something I would take the time to mess around with since I'm getting bored with games I have since the last game I bought was Rockband. I don't see how the X360 avatars are something to get excited about. The Wii Miis are nice to try to make people you know look dorky but other than that...
eklineage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 eklineage
Member since 2008 • 2413 Posts

companies like namco and SE will never abandon Japan. Ps3 will get a lot better. Did anyone here honestly think ps3 was gonna be starved of rpgs like vesperia and so4. /facepalm

Plus, ps3 is focussing more on the first party now. At least i wont be bored during the wait. Screw what fanboys might think.

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 shadowkiller11
[QUOTE="superb_01"]

Ok so about a day or two ago somebody made a thread about Playstation Home copying Xbox Live Avatars.The thread was on the ps3 forum.(maybe i am misunderstanding)But Playstation home was announced on 2006 and Xboxlive avatars was a suprise in the microsoft press conference.The avatars in Xbox live looks great but i am sure it will not beat home by graphice and what u can do with your home avatar.

Another thing is that in the microsoft press conference they said that Xbox live marketplace has sold more movies,videos and tv shows content then any other satellite and tv brands.But all they have shown on the conference was older movies from 2002 and 3 and 4.(The Scorpion King,the mummy returns...?)Ps Video store has more partners and mor recent moves.

All i'm saying is that Xbox might have enjoyed the last 3 years but in a few monthst PS3 will take over.

gamer082009

I completely disagree with you. The simple fact that you try to compare Xbox Live Marketplace to the PS Video Store is a joke. Marketplace has wayyyy more than just older movies, last I checked they have PLENTY of new movies. Marketplace has Over 430 movies...yes over 430 movies. And a large portion of those are new ones. From movies like "I Am Legend" to "The Eye" to "Rambo". Those are newer ones and the list goes on and on. I could list them all but I'd probably take up a full page. PS Video Store is gonna take a VERY long time to even come close to where Marketplace is and if you seriously think otherwise, you don't understand whats going on in the business.

And that's NOT even counting the 429 TV shows Marketplace has that span from NBC, ABC, BET, ABC Family, Cartoon Network, CW, CBS, CMT, Comedy Central,Disney, ESPN, FOX, FX, G4, HD NET, MTV, MTV2, NASCAR, NAT GEO, SPIKE TV, Sci Fi, STARZ, USA, WB, Vh1, The N and the list goes on and on. All of those networks are on Marketplace where you can find plenty of your favorite shows. Anyways, this is only part of what Marketplace has. To conclude this I think you're basing your phony facts off of false information...I mean you don't even own a 360 to actually look at the full library of new movies and TV shows Xbox Marketplace has! And that's not taking into consideration that Netflix has now teamed up with Microsoft, now the availability of newer movies will go through the roof. So what do you have to say about the deal between Microsoft and Netflix? To sum it up the TC is a joke! I think you should look into the Microsoft and NetFlix deal and you'll see that things have just moved to a whole new level for Xbox Marketplace :)

lol it had to be something to be negative to ps3 and postive to 360, typical for you.
gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts
[QUOTE="gamer082009"][QUOTE="superb_01"]

shadowkiller11

I completely disagree with you. The simple fact that you try to compare Xbox Live Marketplace to the PS Video Store is a joke. Marketplace has wayyyy more than just older movies, last I checked they have PLENTY of new movies. Marketplace has Over 430 movies...yes over 430 movies. And a large portion of those are new ones. From movies like "I Am Legend" to "The Eye" to "Rambo". Those are newer ones and the list goes on and on. I could list them all but I'd probably take up a full page. PS Video Store is gonna take a VERY long time to even come close to where Marketplace is and if you seriously think otherwise, you don't understand whats going on in the business.

And that's NOT even counting the 429 TV shows Marketplace has that span from NBC, ABC, BET, ABC Family, Cartoon Network, CW, CBS, CMT, Comedy Central,Disney, ESPN, FOX, FX, G4, HD NET, MTV, MTV2, NASCAR, NAT GEO, SPIKE TV, Sci Fi, STARZ, USA, WB, Vh1, The N and the list goes on and on. All of those networks are on Marketplace where you can find plenty of your favorite shows. Anyways, this is only part of what Marketplace has. To conclude this I think you're basing your phony facts off of false information...I mean you don't even own a 360 to actually look at the full library of new movies and TV shows Xbox Marketplace has! And that's not taking into consideration that Netflix has now teamed up with Microsoft, now the availability of newer movies will go through the roof. So what do you have to say about the deal between Microsoft and Netflix? To sum it up the TC is a joke! I think you should look into the Microsoft and NetFlix deal and you'll see that things have just moved to a whole new level for Xbox Marketplace :)

lol it had to be something to be negative to ps3 and postive to 360, typical for you.

No it's not about that, it's about the truth something these forums lack allot of. Obviously from reading the TC's comment.
shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 shadowkiller11
its not truth its opinion. something your knowledge lacks.
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#17 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts

[QUOTE="OlympicFlex101"]Dat is agreed upon mi broda!! ya dunno. Wit da gyals allegations campaign and tingAnFangs_Endes

XD Aw man! An honest laugh! lol
OlympicSpex101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 OlympicSpex101
Member since 2008 • 28 Posts
what yall jibbajabbin about?
superb_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 superb_01

O

its not truth its opinion. something your knowledge lacks.shadowkiller11

Thank you very much my good friend.

SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 SSCyborg
Member since 2007 • 7625 Posts

Another thing is that in the microsoft press conference they said that Xbox live marketplace has sold more movies,videos and tv shows content then any other satellite and tv brands.But all they have shown on the conference was older movies from 2002 and 3 and 4.(The Scorpion King,the mummy returns...?)Ps Video store has more partners

superb_01

ITT Stupidity

Microsoft now has a partnership with Netflix, DOUBLING the number of stuff available.

Fission Mailed.

AnFangs_Endes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 AnFangs_Endes
Member since 2007 • 3785 Posts
[QUOTE="AnFangs_Endes"]

[QUOTE="OlympicFlex101"]Dat is agreed upon mi broda!! ya dunno. Wit da gyals allegations campaign and tingSymphonycometh

To be honest I'm still confused. :?

FF6fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FF6fan
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts

[QUOTE="superb_01"]

Another thing is that in the microsoft press conference they said that Xbox live marketplace has sold more movies,videos and tv shows content then any other satellite and tv brands.But all they have shown on the conference was older movies from 2002 and 3 and 4.(The Scorpion King,the mummy returns...?)Ps Video store has more partners

SSCyborg

ITT Stupidity

Microsoft now has a partnership with Netflix, DOUBLING the number of stuff available.

Fission Mailed.

It only doubles the amount of movies, If you have a membership with Netflix also. And really if you have netflix you can just watch movies through your computer anyway.

This topic should be in System wars to much talk on the 360 in here really isn't about the PS3s store just about the marketplace.

gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 gamer082009

O[QUOTE="shadowkiller11"]its not truth its opinion. something your knowledge lacks.superb_01

Thank you very much my good friend.

"shadowkiller11" doesn't even know what he's talking about. It's no different than me saying the moon exist and him saying it doesn't (it's obvious the moon exist, it's FACT). Everything isn't considered opinion, some things are just facts whether you wanna lie to yourself or not. Plain and simple, anyone actually thinking the PS Video store can overtake Xbox Live's Marketplace are obviously lieing to themselves. "superb_01" you still failed to address the Netflix deal that Microsoft has landed, which is exclusive to the Xbox 360. That alone makes Xbox Marketplace pretty much untouchable. Netflix offers over 100,000 movies which will be available to 360 owners. How and the world could PS Video store "in a few months" as you clearly said, take over Marketplace? And everyone, lets stick with the topic and stop going off topic like what shadowkiller11 is doing.
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#24 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts
...Dangit! I can't argue with the bumblebee man right now! :cry: Well I'll just say what I agree with: PSN can't catch up to the box's LIVE in a few months.
SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SSCyborg
[QUOTE="SSCyborg"]

[QUOTE="superb_01"]

FF6fan

ITT Stupidity

Fission Mailed.

It only doubles the amount of movies, If you have a membership with Netflix also. And really if you have netflix you can just watch movies through your computer anyway.

This topic should be in System wars to much talk on the 360 in here really isn't about the PS3s store just about the marketplace.

So you don't notice the other things Microsoft is adding? Being able to watch the movies with up to 7 other people in your party?

But I'm sorry, this Netflix thing is HUGE. Microsoft does have more movies, videos and tv shows content than any other satellite and tv brands now. Along with Netflix they have the most partners.

gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 gamer082009
...Dangit! I can't argue with the bumblebee man right now! :cry: Well I'll just say what I agree with: PSN can't catch up to the box's LIVE in a few months.Symphonycometh
That's actually the main point I was trying to convey. It's just silly to say such things like what the TC has said.
FF6fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 FF6fan
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts
[QUOTE="FF6fan"][QUOTE="SSCyborg"]

[QUOTE="superb_01"]

SSCyborg

ITT Stupidity

Fission Mailed.

So you don't notice the other things Microsoft is adding? Being able to watch the movies with up to 7 other people in your party?

But I'm sorry, this Netflix thing is HUGE. Microsoft does have more movies, videos and tv shows content than any other satellite and tv brands now. Along with Netflix they have the most partners.

I'm not commenting on other stuff MS is adding just the Netflix...I never said PS3 has more movies or is a better service i was just saying that Netflix isn't free to everyone that has XBox live.
LittleYoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LittleYoshi
Member since 2004 • 1490 Posts
[QUOTE="superb_01"]

gamer082009

Can anyone say FANBOY!

Avatar image for T3h_M3tal_Biggz
T3h_M3tal_Biggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 T3h_M3tal_Biggz
Member since 2008 • 473 Posts

ok quit it, we know you liked GTA and little jacob.

DrummerShane12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#30 DrummerShane12
Member since 2004 • 2531 Posts

its not truth its opinion. something your knowledge lacks.shadowkiller11

are you stupid? how is this an opinion?Its facts The OP tried to say that Xboxmarketplace had no new videos and sucked he informed all of you that this is not true. So by telling it how it is you bash him? You must have not even read what he said.

DrummerShane12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DrummerShane12
Member since 2004 • 2531 Posts
[QUOTE="gamer082009"][QUOTE="superb_01"]

LittleYoshi

Can anyone say FANBOY!

how is he being a fanboy? wow guys lol someone cant ever come here and tell it like it is without getting flamed

KiraDEATHNOTE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 KiraDEATHNOTE
Member since 2008 • 133 Posts
[QUOTE="LittleYoshi"][QUOTE="gamer082009"][QUOTE="superb_01"]

DrummerShane12

Can anyone say FANBOY!

how is he being a fanboy? wow guys lol someone cant ever come here and tell it like it is without getting flamed

And who said being a fanboy was a bad thing? lol & He's not playing with fire...flaming thats a joke.....

gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 gamer082009
[QUOTE="LittleYoshi"][QUOTE="gamer082009"][QUOTE="superb_01"]

DrummerShane12

And that's NOT even counting the 429 TV shows Marketplace has that span from NBC, ABC, BET, ABC Family, Cartoon Network, CW, CBS, CMT, Comedy Central,Disney, ESPN, FOX, FX, G4, HD NET, MTV, MTV2, NASCAR, NAT GEO, SPIKE TV, Sci Fi, STARZ, USA, WB, Vh1, The N and the list goes on and on. All of those networks are on Marketplace where you can find plenty of your favorite shows. Anyways, this is only part of what Marketplace has. To conclude this I think you're basing your phony facts off of false information...I mean you don't even own a 360 to actually look at the full library of new movies and TV shows Xbox Marketplace has! And that's not taking into consideration that Netflix has now teamed up with Microsoft, now the availability of newer movies will go through the roof. So what do you have to say about the deal between Microsoft and NetFlix? To sum it up the TC is a joke! I think you should look into the Microsoft and NetFlix deal and you'll see that things have just moved to a whole new level for Xbox Marketplace :)

Can anyone say FANBOY!

EXACATLY, my god humanity still does exist. I couldn't have said it better than you >DrummerShane12< :)

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts
So you have to have a Netflix account to have access to all movies on Marketplace? How does that work exactly? Do you pay for an account and sign in or something on the xbox?
SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SSCyborg

So you have to have a Netflix account to have access to all movies on Marketplace? How does that work exactly? Do you pay for an account and sign in or something on the xbox?Zidaneski

1DVD at-a-time for $8.99 a month (No monthly DVD limit) Unlimited hours of watching instantly on your PC included at no additional fee.That's the plan I want.
zeriva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 zeriva
Member since 2007 • 4531 Posts
[QUOTE="Symphonycometh"][QUOTE="AnFangs_Endes"]

[QUOTE="OlympicFlex101"]Dat is agreed upon mi broda!! ya dunno. Wit da gyals allegations campaign and tingAnFangs_Endes

To be honest I'm still confused. :?

Omfg... :lol:

Anyways, the gamer083009 guy knows what he's talking about. TC, not so much.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

im not sure either lol ... anwyay PS3 is the best system ever :D

OlympicSpex101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 OlympicSpex101
Member since 2008 • 28 Posts
[QUOTE="AnFangs_Endes"]

[QUOTE="OlympicFlex101"]Dat is agreed upon mi broda!! ya dunno. Wit da gyals allegations campaign and tingfinalstar2007

im not sure either lol ... anwyay PS3 is the best system ever :D

True dat, ritous skippatry ya dunno!!