Sony losing exclusives is nothing to be afraid of. why?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xxThyLordxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 xxThyLordxx
Member since 2007 • 3200 Posts

on the PS1, all these games were exclusive:

Tomb Raider, Resident Evil, Dino Crisis, Soul Blade(Soul Calibur), Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, Oddworld, Silent Hill, Tenchu and more. All these games were exclusive on PS1 and were not exclusive on PS2.

But that did not stop Sony from winning the console war last gen, even MGS went to Xbox.

What I am trying to say is that, new original games are needed to win the console war and not sequels. and that is what Sony is doing right now, Heavenly Sword, Uncharted, Lair, White Knight Story, Warhawk(sort of new), Unknow Realms, LittleBigPlanet, new Team ICO game and more.

lusitanogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 lusitanogamer
Member since 2006 • 9338 Posts
Good point.
GIJames248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GIJames248
Member since 2006 • 2176 Posts
Both sequels and entirely new games are good although sequels, as you said, are often over emphasized. It's nice to have large series you can trust like Final Fantasy, MGS, Halo, Zelda, and Socom that you know the next game will be good. Although it is equally pleasent when a new game arises that are just as good like ICO, Gears of War, and Okami.
Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts
Sorry to be nitpicking, but Tomb Raider shouldn't be on that list: it also came out on the PC and Sega Saturn at the same time. It never was a PS1 exclusive.
AB_Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 AB_Uppercut
Member since 2007 • 1287 Posts
exactly, this gen Sony will get new and better exclusives 3rd and 1st party
-L-U-I-S-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#6 -L-U-I-S-
Member since 2006 • 3665 Posts
You've raised a very valid point.  And TC only MGS 2 went to Xbox and GC and didnt sell well though, just wanted to say it.  But still exclusives like FFXIII and MGS4 add more power to PS3's line-up and for it to be shared with 360's its still something to look out for.  Specially when Sony is getting too much bad press
lil50cent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 lil50cent
Member since 2003 • 2741 Posts

Tomb Raider, Resident Evil, Dino Crisis, Soul Blade(Soul Calibur), Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, Oddworld, Silent Hill, Tenchu and more. All these games were exclusive on PS1 and were not exclusive on PS2.

But that did not stop Sony from winning the console war last gen, even MGS went to Xbox.

What I am trying to say is that, new original games are needed to win the console war and not sequels. and that is what Sony is doing right now, Heavenly Sword, Uncharted, Lair, White Knight Story, Warhawk(sort of new), Unknow Realms, LittleBigPlanet, new Team ICO game and more.

xxThyLordxx
great point
xxThyLordxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 xxThyLordxx
[QUOTE="Nightflash28"]Sorry to be nitpicking, but Tomb Raider shouldn't be on that list: it also came out on the PC and Sega Saturn at the same time. It never was a PS1 exclusive.

yeah but Tomb Raider 2 and 3 were PS1 console exclusives and also Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness was a PS2 console exclusive
area84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 area84
Member since 2005 • 152 Posts

xxThyLordxx
i agree with this guy 100%...good post!
call_for_blood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 call_for_blood
Member since 2003 • 104 Posts
Resident Evil 1 wasn't exclusive either. That was also on the Saturn.
Gamer443

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#11 Gamer443
Member since 2005 • 931 Posts
[QUOTE="xxThyLordxx"]

area84

me too A++++
V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
[QUOTE="xxThyLordxx"]

area84

This is true, but if they lose either MGS4 of FF, it will be a huge blow, but they should rap that up. I really dont want Sony to mess anything like that up, it would be a shame. 

-Krakapow-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 -Krakapow-
Member since 2006 • 266 Posts
exactly. The best and most memerable games on every system are almost always originals. sequels turn out some games but are over anticipated and too fermiliar to be revolutionary. except somehow on nintendo systems where the best titles are almost invariably their first party franchises. go figure
xxThyLordxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 xxThyLordxx
[QUOTE="xxThyLordxx"]

area84

Thanks.
Absynthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Absynthetic
Member since 2004 • 1897 Posts

with all this end of the world crap thats been hapening with losing DMC

pretty much all the excitment is lost about new IP's like Heavenly Sword, Lair, LA Noire etc

losing DMC is not a big deal, that doesnt stop me from buying the game

but i'm really more excited about the new Franchises that are being made

Avatar image for darkangel_78589
darkangel_78589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 darkangel_78589
Member since 2003 • 205 Posts

Finally...People with some sense in their heads.  Good post, TC.  Exclusivity doesn't affect the gamer in the slightest, other than giving them "bragging rights".  The only people that are affected by it is the company developing said game/s.  I, personally could care less if Final Fantasy (which coincidentally is my all-time favorite series) goes multi.  Like the several other posters have stated, It won't stop me from buying it for the PS3.  People on here are making too much of a fuss about "Oh noes!  We're losing games!  OMGz...The Earth is DOOOOOOOOOOMED!"  (Major exaggeration, I know..)  But, my point is, it isn't going to keep Sony's system from being purchased.  Keep in mind, each system comes with new, and fresh companies whom desire to create works of art for the system/s.  As gamers, we should be grateful that we, at least get such wonderous games, and stop worrying about what other games are going multi.

Avatar image for blazinpuertoroc
blazinpuertoroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 blazinpuertoroc
Member since 2004 • 12245 Posts
You sir are a genius!!...but with the exception of final fantasy....if FFXIII was lost that would be a low blow...everyone i know who owns a 360 or not are going to get a ps3 for FFXIII or MGS4...if they lose those 2 games sales wont go up much...i mean the people who got intersted in the new franchise titles are because people already bought the system for their favorite exclusive 3rd party games then now they have the game and system they look for new things. Or at least i think...
jackle2071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 jackle2071
Member since 2004 • 5477 Posts
i just think its funny how people think the system is dead only after 4 or 5 months of being out. too meny people play into the 360 camp too much! and like i said in anouther Post E3 is't even here yet, we have no idea what Sony will be talking and even how meny games will be playble there. people need to chill the F out!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       in this day and age video games are being pushed more and more into the main stream. wheather this is a good thing or a bad verys from opion to opion. with that comes more and more midea coverage evry little tid bit of info gets leaked on the net and starts a dam snow ball effect or somthing the rumor keeps getting biger and biger and people just feed into it. yes the news in light of past events could very much be true but also could just be pure BS. either way we wont find out till tomrrow at the earlist cuz its pretty late in Japan now!
Avatar image for Soulreavercross
Soulreavercross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#19 Soulreavercross
Member since 2003 • 19890 Posts
Guys sorry to shut this thread down, but it belongs in System Wars.