Sony is giving me reasons to sell my PS3...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for stevesurdaddy12
stevesurdaddy12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 stevesurdaddy12
Member since 2006 • 373 Posts

Final Fantasy XIII pushed to 08 along with MGS4... im kinda upset bout that :(

i am excited for Haze.... are there any other games to honestly look forward to, if so can u tell me

whiteshadow55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 whiteshadow55
Member since 2003 • 425 Posts
Uncharted drakes fortune, heavenly sword, fracture,ratchet and clank,lair,killzone,assassinscreed, Lots man Lots WARHAWK also
lantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 lantus
Member since 2006 • 10591 Posts

Anyone who had planned for FIna lFantasy in 07 was just setting themselves up to be disappointed, and MGS4 had it coming aswell and 07 release seemed like wishful thinking to me. Look at Uncharted and Ratchet & Clank.

SmokenAshes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 SmokenAshes
Member since 2005 • 1580 Posts
Just want to add Home, and did you not read about update 1.8?  Also 2.00 will for surely be in around before this fall.
Anime4kXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Anime4kXL
Member since 2003 • 130 Posts
If I block someone here will it remove their posts from my sight as well?
freediro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 freediro
Member since 2006 • 3782 Posts

i am excited for Haze.... are there any other games to honestly look forward to, if so can u tell me

stevesurdaddy12

thats the dumbest reason ever and would cost you more moeny in the long run, plus there are games coming out before that, which should be awsome! 

htijerina10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 htijerina10
Member since 2006 • 283 Posts

yeah i know how you feel but just hang in their games will come

choasgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 choasgod
Member since 2005 • 5710 Posts

Haze - timed exclusive ...

MGS4 was not pushed back to 08 ... it is coming out THIS finanical year - so at worst it could be 31st March 08 ... more likly it'll be november or ocotber ...

Heavenly Sword, Lair, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Rahcet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, SingStar, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune  - all exlcusives coming this year ... 

SmokenAshes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SmokenAshes
Member since 2005 • 1580 Posts
Also look how long it took them to develop FFXII, I mean geez....when I heard FFXIII was to be released this year was a shocker for me.
roadkill88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 roadkill88
Member since 2005 • 2313 Posts
Then sell it and stop crying.  Besides, you've already bought it, so Sony have already benefited.  In fact, you know you'd just buy another one, so Sony would probably benefit again. 
lantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 lantus
Member since 2006 • 10591 Posts

Then sell it and stop crying.  Besides, you've already bought it, so Sony have already benefited.  In fact, you know you'd just buy another one, so Sony would probably benefit again.  roadkill88

Sony doesn't get any money in return from selling consoles, yet.

Avatar image for darkangel_78589
darkangel_78589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 darkangel_78589
Member since 2003 • 205 Posts
Oh, yes...Go right on ahead, and blame Sony for the set backs to two games....Hmm...I could have sworn that Square-Enix made, AND distribute the Final Fantasy games....And, I could have definitely sworn that Konami developed, AND distributed the MGS series....But, hey...I could be wrong, right?....-Notes sarcasm.-  As for any other games, dude....They've been mentioned time, and time again....You would do wisely to look them up...Considering you are on a...oh...what's the word?...A GAMING site....Hmm...Now what could this site possibly have that may help?....Hmm...I wonder.....-Just shakes his head and walks off.-
FateStayNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FateStayNight
Member since 2007 • 321 Posts
Wish people would stop replying to these idiots.teebeenz
That's not nice. :(
darthogre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 darthogre
Member since 2006 • 5082 Posts
MGS4 has not offically been announced for March 08 yet.  However, you're telling me you are going to sale your PS3 because you can't wait 3 months?  wow, talk about impatience lol.
coconutblues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 coconutblues
Member since 2007 • 81 Posts

stevesurdaddy12

Abandon Ship!

Avatar image for bob_the_can_man
bob_the_can_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bob_the_can_man
Member since 2007 • 605 Posts

It take 3 - 5 years to make a great game. Final fantasy espicialy. If you thought FF13 was coming out this year you must be, well...., um, mislead in your gaming knowledge.

There was a slight chance of MGS but that was very slim.

ajefferism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ajefferism
Member since 2006 • 2006 Posts
hmmm i think expecting this game in 2007 was a bit unreasonable.... MGS4 maybe it was reasonable to think it would appear this year but if you know Kojima he takes his sweet ass time too....
Sgt_Hale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Sgt_Hale
Member since 2007 • 2257 Posts

stevesurdaddy12

Well then you're not very good at doing your own research... FF XIII didn't get pushed back to 08, it's been an '08 release since launch. MGS4 is still scheduled for 07. Konami said that the game will be driving their sales for this fiscal year which ENDS in March 08. The same fiscal year that STARTED last month in April... they never said anything about the game being delayed from it's current November timeframe. Quit trolling.

istylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 istylee
Member since 2007 • 1117 Posts
you'll end up regretting if you sell it cause you're gonna want it back in future.
RabbidDawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#21 RabbidDawg
Member since 2006 • 960 Posts

stevesurdaddy12

I have to agree some what, and actually I dont care for either FF or MGS, but the PS3 sure doesnt have any great games coming this year. Uncharted, LAIR, HAZE and the few other exclusives coming out this year seem like they will be mediocre to me. I have checked all of the new games coming out this year for the PS3 and most are going to be on the 360, and I know the 360 will have better online and DLC so Assasins Creed, DMC, GTA4, etc will all be bought for that platform. Why is it that the PS3 and 360 will get a game example: Marvel Ultimate alliance, and yet the 360 has had DLC for like a month now, with like 6 more playable characters, and yet the PS3 version has no DLC....WTF? I hate that, the PS3 version should have it to. Its like no one wants to put forth any effort on the PS3.

I thought the Wii was bad and had no games, the PS3 is pretty much running neck and neck with it right now. No games is hurting the PS3 right now, and Im getting close to once again selling mine until a year or 2. Then maybe pick it up when there is something decent to play for it, Resistance and Oblivion wont keep me busy forever. There are just no gamesd games Im interested in anymore for the PS3, at least not this year:(

Gokuja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Gokuja
Member since 2005 • 3767 Posts
I'm sorry but this just doesnt make sense.  them pushing the release date back should make you want to keep your PS3 longer, so that you can play them...this logic just doesnt make sense.  its either you dont play them at all, or wait a little longer. 
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
So, OP, can you tell me what the firm release date was for those titles prior to the change?
Shu76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Shu76
Member since 2006 • 913 Posts

stevesurdaddy12

You actually think these 2 were coming out in 07? And your thinking about selling ur PS3 because of it?  You cannot be that stupid.  

LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#25 LosDaddie
Member since 2006 • 10318 Posts

I can see where the OP is coming from, but he is being overly dramatic.

Ratchet & Clank and Ninja Gaiden Sigma are probably the only games I'll buy for the PS3 this year

Avatar image for thenycest1_b_basic
thenycest1_b_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 thenycest1_b_basic
Member since 2002 • 592 Posts
sell it to me for 350xP  i'll buy it
fastgamer01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 fastgamer01
Member since 2003 • 692 Posts

hmmm i think expecting this game in 2007 was a bit unreasonable.... MGS4 maybe it was reasonable to think it would appear this year but if you know Kojima he takes his sweet ass time too....ajefferism

perfection takes time :) kojima can take as long as he likes im sure all TRUE fans can wait to see the results

tHeFuTuReHeAd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 tHeFuTuReHeAd
Member since 2006 • 383 Posts

stevesurdaddy12

not sure thats completely sony fault, if at all.

uncharted:drakes fortune looks amazing

phillin_it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 phillin_it
Member since 2003 • 32 Posts
For me ill be dealing with Madden, Heavenly Sword, Ratchet and Clank, and possibly Lair and since i dont play a lot it will last me a long time.
soldier1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 soldier1993
Member since 2006 • 558 Posts
just buy it!!!! you won't regret
Eman5805

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Eman5805
Member since 2004 • 4494 Posts

I don't understand, cuz of two games being "delayed", or in other words released a few months later, you wanna sell your system and not be able to play the games at all when they DO come out? I'm not even gonna bother going into how this isn't Sony's fault to begin with, but c'mon son, you're not even overreacting, you're reacting off in some weird tangent universe. Buck down and enjoy your PS3, there will be so many tight games between now and FFXIII and MGS4, you'll forget how long you're waiting for 'em.

endocryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 endocryn
Member since 2006 • 159 Posts

stevesurdaddy12

none of those games had an official release date, and why do people care so much about games getting pushed back.

Yes, it does suck but they get pushed back for a reason. So people like you won't complain about how incomplete and crap the game is.

the more hyped a game gets the longer it takes to put out, as not to dissapoint the very people who are hyping said game.

deadkingdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deadkingdg
Member since 2005 • 4252 Posts

stevesurdaddy12

First, FFXIII was never pushed. I sure hope you didn't buy a PS3 expecting to play it soon, because it has ALWAYS been TBA 2008. Next, MGS4 wasn't pushed either. It was confirmed that it would come out BEFORE MARCH 2008. Does it mean March 2008? No, it means BEFORE MARCH 2008. Tomorow is before march 2008, and so was last year. Don't see confirmations of delays where there isn't.  

myxylplyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 myxylplyx
Member since 2003 • 519 Posts
I'll buy it, seriously. PM me, I'm not kidding.
manny203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 manny203
Member since 2004 • 350 Posts

Anyone who had planned for FIna lFantasy in 07 was just setting themselves up to be disappointed, and MGS4 had it coming aswell and 07 release seemed like wishful thinking to me. Look at Uncharted and Ratchet & Clank.

lantus

Exactly there was no way in hell FFXIII was coming out this year 

spliffchillum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 spliffchillum
Member since 2006 • 738 Posts

stevesurdaddy12

Good.. sell it.. we are all quite tired of hearing these types of threads.

SolidSnake2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SolidSnake2020
Member since 2006 • 2180 Posts

stevesurdaddy12

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD it never had a release date, it was always TBA, TBA. It was more like announced to be released next year, I don't know where you people heard it was coming out this year, you must be dreaming a lot.

rothman713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38 rothman713
Member since 2007 • 693 Posts

stevesurdaddy12

If that was your sole reason for purchasing a PS3, then you shouldn't own one right now anyway. 

dbzfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#39 dbzfreak
Member since 2003 • 6223 Posts

stevesurdaddy12
Uhm...Sony has no control over what Konami and Square-Enix do. So Sony isn't giving you reason it's third parties that are giving you reason. As other people pointed out, if you expected MGS4 and FFXIII to be released in 07 you probably had your hopes set too high.
joevfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 joevfx
Member since 2004 • 978 Posts

stevesurdaddy12

dony be dumb,  until any game goes offically Gold any date they give before that is just a ballpark and means nothing.