Sony admits working on next console

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Brawler-Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 0

#1 Brawler-Dude
Member since 2008 • 1418 Posts

Gameinformer.com

I feel its a little to soon, I don't know what do you guys think, and when

Adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Adziboy
Member since 2007 • 10187 Posts

Gameinformer.com

Brawler-Dude
How is it too soon? Isnt it like 4 years since the release of the PS3? That's an extremely long time to go without doing anything on a new console. Nintendo is announcing theres in a few weeks and Microsoft cant be far away.
Brawler-Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#3 Brawler-Dude
Member since 2008 • 1418 Posts

[QUOTE="Brawler-Dude"]

Gameinformer.com

Adziboy

How is it too soon? Isnt it like 4 years since the release of the PS3? That's an extremely long time to go without doing anything on a new console. Nintendo is announcing theres in a few weeks and Microsoft cant be far away.

Well, Sony just got Move out, Microsoft, Kinect, just when they are making adjustments to there systems, they begin to make a new one. Not really too soon I guess, well a little

mojosodopee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 mojosodopee
Member since 2010 • 280 Posts

yeah i feel like it's a little to soon too. I hope to not see it until 2014

Batang_X990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Batang_X990
Member since 2010 • 939 Posts
my $400 pc i built last year is 4 times more powerful than the ps3 right now; i think it's time for a hardware upgrade. i'm ready! bring it! :)
Adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Adziboy
Member since 2007 • 10187 Posts

[QUOTE="Adziboy"][QUOTE="Brawler-Dude"]

Gameinformer.com

Brawler-Dude

Well, Sony just got Move out, Microsoft, Kinect, just when they are making adjustments to there systems, they begin to make a new one. Not really too soon I guess, well a little

"Begin" - pretty important word in that... I reckon there's a minimum of 3 years work in a major console. If they just started you're looking at 2014. Even if they have another 2 years to go, thats still plenty. Heck, even 1 is enough, because Move, like the Eyetoy, will be compatible with the new Playstation.
Avatar image for phantom_blade66
phantom_blade66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#7 phantom_blade66
Member since 2009 • 930 Posts
my $400 pc i built last year is 4 times more powerful than the ps3 right now; i think it's time for a hardware upgrade. i'm ready! bring it! :)Batang_X990
Overcompensating for something?
kuabarra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kuabarra
Member since 2006 • 295 Posts

It's true, the current gen of consoles in terms of power are pathetic technologically. Theoretically a $300 PC would trump the 360 or ps3, though we know as PC games aren't well optimized it takes somewhere closer to a $400 pc, home built of course. Heck I got a graphics card not even a year ago "NVidia GT 240" for $40, threw it in an old dual core system I had, and it put my PS3 to shame in the graphics department. In short, yes we need new consoles.

haze_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 haze_blaze
Member since 2003 • 3907 Posts
I think games are just now starting to peak for this gen. I would love to see developers have another 2-3 years to be creative instead of having to start from scratch again. I'm hoping next gen does not start before 2013...
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#10 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
The PS4 isn't coming out anytime soon.. yes they are looking into it, of course they would be. That doesn't mean its coming out tomorrow. I wouldn't expect a PS4 anytime soon, not even in the next few years. And even if they did announce it, it wont change much. They are still making PS2 games, they will still be making PS3 games for a long time to come.. Most people don't buy systems at launch because of the price tag and the lack of launch titles. So even if a PS4 did come out in a few years, it would still be another couple years after that before most people would upgrade at the very earliest. The PS3 has a looong life ahead. Considering people are still buying PS2's (new as well as preowned), people will continue buying them too. Sony will be looking to the future, but they wont want to be dividing their customer base too much.
hardyfan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hardyfan8
Member since 2009 • 484 Posts
Yeah, we can probably expect it in 2013, latest 2014. But we'll all be dead by then.
Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

It would be much more surprising if they weren't.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

The sooner the better

Avatar image for deactivated-589cfb21cbc03
deactivated-589cfb21cbc03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-589cfb21cbc03
Member since 2009 • 840 Posts

don't get too excited because the new sony console won't come out until 2014 at the earliest

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#15 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

I guessed this a couple of years back, but yeah, great to hear, can't wait!

bigbenrfan99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bigbenrfan99
Member since 2008 • 246 Posts

[QUOTE="Batang_X990"]my $400 pc i built last year is 4 times more powerful than the ps3 right now; i think it's time for a hardware upgrade. i'm ready! bring it! :)phantom_blade66
Overcompensating for something?

My computer is as old as crap and can't play any games from the last several years. I must be undercompensating:D

SophaerLam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SophaerLam
Member since 2004 • 554 Posts

It's true, the current gen of consoles in terms of power are pathetic technologically. Theoretically a $300 PC would trump the 360 or ps3, though we know as PC games aren't well optimized it takes somewhere closer to a $400 pc, home built of course. Heck I got a graphics card not even a year ago "NVidia GT 240" for $40, threw it in an old dual core system I had, and it put my PS3 to shame in the graphics department. In short, yes we need new consoles.

kuabarra

The Ps4 wont be as powerful as the next 400$ pc that ppl are going to build in the next 2 or 3 years, pc hardware that are made in the present is always the future of console gaming.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

Sigh.

Sony debunks PS4 development rumours.

They were talking about the NGP not PS4 lol. OK nothing to see here move along and continue playing the PS3 for another 3-4 years before starting a discussion on PS4.

Batang_X990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Batang_X990
Member since 2010 • 939 Posts

Sigh.

They were talking about the NGP not PS4 lol. OK nothing to see here move along and continue playing the PS3 for another 3-4 years before starting a discussion on PS4.

Swift_Boss_A

" According to a Sony spokesperson the future platform Kato-san mention was Sony's Next Gen Portable ( NGP). The spokesperson also stated that Sony was surprised by how many foreignwebsites ran with unconfirmed reports regarding the PlayStation 4. "

how credible is that website exactly? because he didn't even provide any evidence

other than saying "according to sony spokesperson." heck, he didn't even mention which spokesperson it was.

blabbyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 blabbyboy
Member since 2008 • 2614 Posts
Aww man the ps3 will start to die when it comes out. But it will probably come out in later years.
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

[QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"]

Sigh.

Batang_X990

" According to a Sony spokesperson the future platform Kato-san mention was Sony's Next Gen Portable ( NGP). The spokesperson also stated that Sony was surprised by how many foreignwebsites ran with unconfirmed reports regarding the PlayStation 4. "

how credible is that website exactly? because he didn't even provide any evidence

other than saying "according to sony spokesperson." heck, he didn't even mention which spokesperson it was.

About as reliable as the articles people are using to confirm PS4 I guess. Nothing in the link provided by the TC and in other PS4 related topics confirms PS4 development. Looking into next console option is normal, PS4 development is not underway in any form but Im sure Sony has began testing.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#22 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

other than saying "according to sony spokesperson." heck, he didn't even mention which spokesperson it was.Batang_X990

News stories never mention that stuff, so you can't really use that against them.